Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 7, 2008 @ 10:27 PM
gun_shy

hey guys, i recently decided to drop some money on some raw/selvage denim. i have a few questions. i am about 5' 9'' and 150lbs and wear a 29-30 in levis and polo jeans (officially i have a 28'' waist when i was last measured for a tux). i am looking at getting either some nudies or apc. any fit suggestions would be great as well as places to order online as i live in the middle of nowhere in the midwest and there are no good retail stores within 3 hours of me. i am all for getting slimmer jeans but i dont want them to be too tight, something i can sag a bit. i wear a size 11 shoe so i dont want my feet looking like im wearing clown shoes! thanks!
January 7, 2008 @ 10:30 PM
doujinshi

im actually wondering about this myself but from what ive seen the nudies def look the best
January 8, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
Like_Clockwork

apc new rescue
January 8, 2008 @ 01:22 AM
Like_Clockwork

apc new standards, never owned but i think apc's are better than nudies. get samurai 710's if you're a baller
January 8, 2008 @ 10:16 AM
gun_shy

ya apc ns seems to be a pretty good fit, any ideas on what size i should get? i will probably have them hemmed as i am only a 32'' inseam but i've heard different things about the waist sizing. i dont know if i should go with 28 or 29 as they will stretch. also, anywhere to get these online for a decent price?
January 8, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
1000lbs

If you have worn a 29 in the past, you're going to want to wear at least a 28 in APC, if not a 27. They will stretch out significantly. As for online deals, context clothing and denimbar have pretty good deals, and I believe there are some discount coupons for both those sites, maybe someone else can step in and give you those...
Oh, and if you end up going for the nudies, I'd suggest sizing down one from a comfortable fit.
January 8, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
brianbrian

wearing a size 11 bulky shoe will look clownish if you have a tighter denim.
you'll have to wear a vans/converse type of shoe.

good luck on the denim hunt.
January 8, 2008 @ 10:25 AM
k23zzz

for your first pair of raw denim i would say go cheap...levi STF

just to see the best way to do it because you dont want to go expensive, end up ruining them and hating them

Please login first to reply.