Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 31, 2007 @ 01:36 PM
fvjiwater

Hello everyone, I just got my first pair of LRG raw denim in the mail:

www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=23803&VendorCode=LRG

They fit me perfectly except for the length- since they're 34 length and I'm a 31/32 length, they rub on my sneakers badly. There are tags that say to wash the jeans 3 times before you wear them so they dont rub off on your sneakers or other clothes, but then on the care tag it says "dry clean only."

So what do I do? Washing isn't dry cleaning, but I can't put these in the wash? I wouldnt even bother washing them, but I don't want black dye rubbing off on my sneakers.

Is LRG just covering its ass by putting that tag on, or are their jeans more prone to rubbing off- I have a pair of Coogi (boo hiss) raw denim in indigo, and those didn't bleed on my sneakers.

Help is appreciated, thanks smile

And I would just cuff them up, but the edges will sill rub on the top of my sneakers since I like to wear hitops nowadays.
October 31, 2007 @ 02:06 PM
Donatello

Put tape on your jeans.
October 31, 2007 @ 03:11 PM
CEL

nah just buy new ones, different ones
November 2, 2007 @ 01:24 AM
eteled

If i were you I wouldn't wash them, because then you ruin the color and they start looking old ans shitty. Get them tailordered or something
November 3, 2007 @ 11:18 AM
honorableninja

i just got the lrg grass roots raw and i saw the same thing about washing but dry clean only. it was strange. don't wash or dry clean them. the bleeding is what happens when you get raw denim. mine didn't bleed, or if they did it wasn't much at all. but it'll take a little bit until the dye stops bleeding, so until then just wear some shoes you don't mind getting a little fugged up, or some darker pairs

vimeo.com/honorableninja

November 3, 2007 @ 01:27 PM
Ed.Hooligan

Majority of raw denim I've experimented with rubs off dye on my sneaks, especially suede ones. Best tip I've seen is to put tape on the inside...Either that, or tailor it like dude-man above me said.

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

November 4, 2007 @ 06:09 PM
thebes

hey i just got a pair of lrg jeans too so iam guessin from everyones post that these jeans are only dry clean..
November 4, 2007 @ 06:18 PM
bdotwells

if your jeans are bleedin like that you need to check up on the wuality of denim your buying... my apc's dont bleed, my godwin's dont blead.. shit even my cheep mondays dont bleed, but i cuff all my jeans that might have something to do with it
November 4, 2007 @ 08:30 PM
fvjiwater

yes, cuffing them so they dont rub on the sneakers as much would def. have an impact.

the lrg jeans didnt rub off on my new silver pumas, but i only wore them together for a few hours. i have had washed denim rub on my sneakers, so far raw denim has been nice.

and about the lrg and dry cleaning- i would suggest not getting them dirty at all (not even sweating in them) so you dont have to worry about washing smile but i'm going to take mine to a dry cleaners to get them cleaned eventually since they have zippers and stuff that I dont want to get damaged.
November 4, 2007 @ 10:58 PM
honorableninja

and about the lrg and dry cleaning- i would suggest not getting them dirty at all (not even sweating in them) so you dont have to worry about washing smile

wait? so would you just not wear them? confused that doesn't make sense. they're just lrg's. mine were, i think $80, those were $84, it's not like it's anything extremely special. not downplaying the op's jeans or anything, but if they're anything like the grass roots raw's, it's not really super high quality denim, it's pretty thin. just wear em. i'm not going out and playing mud football or anything in them, but i'm not trying to keep them spotless either. unless you get them really stanky or some serious grime on them, don't worry about washing them

edit: did you just answer your own question in the same thread??

vimeo.com/honorableninja

November 4, 2007 @ 11:48 PM
fvjiwater

wait? so would you just not wear them? confused that doesn't make sense. they're just lrg's. mine were, i think $80, those were $84, it's not like it's anything extremely special. not downplaying the op's jeans or anything, but if they're anything like the grass roots raw's, it's not really super high quality denim, it's pretty thin. just wear em. i'm not going out and playing mud football or anything in them, but i'm not trying to keep them spotless either. unless you get them really stanky or some serious grime on them, don't worry about washing them

edit: did you just answer your own question in the same thread??

No, I don't mean don't wear them, I mean just dont get them nasty so you dont have to wash them. My beater jeans are levis which cost between $30 and $40, I don't care what happens to them, but if I spend more money on something I'd want to take better care of it. If I alternate between jeans I never really have to wash any of them since they never get a chance to get funky. I only wash my beaters which I wear to work and when it's nasty outside.

Yes, I answered my question after actually taking a chance and wearing them. I could have risked fucking up my $160 pumas, but in the end they were all right.

They also don't really make the super expensive denim brands in my size. I went from size 46 (which meant I could only get thug brands or jc pennys crap) to size 40, where I can buy more stuff. When I drop more weight I will get into nicer brands, but until then LRG and Tommy Hil will be good enough.
November 5, 2007 @ 09:18 AM
honorableninja

yeah man, i know what you mean. i have 3 nicer pairs of jeans in rotation and 2 crappy levis for bad weather and other stuff. didn't mean to flame or anything, it just seemed odd the way your second post was

vimeo.com/honorableninja

November 7, 2007 @ 03:03 PM
snaV

lol, i was with my homie and his sister when we went to Ross.. i saw LRG jeans there.
November 8, 2007 @ 04:34 PM
fvjiwater

I don't know what Ross is, but if it's a discount chain, and you're implying LRG is crap, then you fail.

TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory are discount stores that sell factory seconds. They carry name brands like you'd find in Macys, only they cost a lot less because they're either old styles or factory seconds.

So kudos to you for finding LRG at Ross, just shows that it's a popular brand.
November 8, 2007 @ 07:38 PM
honorableninja

yeah, just cause you found something like lrg at one of those discount box stores doesn't mean the brand is crap. on another forum there was a guy who found a pair of andy warholxlevis for $20 or something ridiculous

vimeo.com/honorableninja

November 10, 2007 @ 09:57 PM
FreshAddict

i got a pair of lrg jeans and they said to wash 3 times but i only did once and there was no problem and I just washed them normally but they weren't selvage, I don't know if that makes a difference...
November 17, 2007 @ 02:02 PM
Nikevandal

lol, i was with my homie and his sister when we went to Ross.. i saw LRG jeans there.

i saw antik denim for women at tj maxx still pricey tho

just probably an old style and maybe a defect doesn't really mean anythg

even juicy couture is available at all these stores but its but ugly
November 17, 2007 @ 02:09 PM
Nikevandal

also just wash them nothing bad happens i washed my jason hoody and it just bulged the zipper a bit and besides dry cleaned clothes cause cancer cool
April 18, 2008 @ 03:50 PM
bOuNcEr

i didnt read the tag, that says to wash 3 times, and jeans bleeded so bad on my timberlands
after washing 3 times, they are still bleeding a little sad
April 21, 2008 @ 07:08 PM
Kabuki_Kai

lawls at LRG
April 23, 2008 @ 02:11 AM
japansteez

lawls at LRG

^^lawllll

Please login first to reply.