Evolution of Denim

June 13, 2007 @ 06:35:59
they come with wear, washing just brings them out a bit more. i can tell the difference after a good skate session.
June 13, 2007 @ 07:44:26
.....no.

how was i wrong
June 13, 2007 @ 07:53:54
it'll fade naturally with wear, but washing after like 6 months of wear will make it fade faster

.....no.

washing doesnt make it fade faster, wearing it more and harder makes it fade faster. washing only removes a tiny bit of the indigo that you have already loosened from the denim.

and 6 months means nothing. wash when your shit is dirty.
June 13, 2007 @ 07:57:40
sorry wrong word there, that's the only word i could think of, and i'm kinda only talking about Nudies, since you shouldn't really wash before 6 months(or so they say)
June 13, 2007 @ 08:03:50
yeah... with nudies i wouldnt because the dye on them seems pretty weak.
June 13, 2007 @ 08:06:14
yeah, i'm never gonna wash my nudies, maybe a soak
June 16, 2007 @ 17:05:54
June 20, 2007 @ 08:38:59
dh 19cm - 1 1/2 months of wear - pics are after the first hotsoak.

not very special till now.

June 20, 2007 @ 09:18:14
What are the measurements on diors? I was gonna buy a pair of jeans with 15" knee and leg opening. IMO thats TIGHT but arent Dior's like 19" leg opening? I told myself i wont go any tighter than diors or i would look gay >_>
June 20, 2007 @ 11:08:56
diors are 19 or 21 CENTIMETERS, not inches.
June 20, 2007 @ 20:56:39
it looks like a day of wear to me.
June 20, 2007 @ 21:11:14

Inactive User

dh 19cm - 1 1/2 months of wear - pics are after the first hotsoak.

not very special till now.

are the 19cms made in japan?

does it feel any different after the soak? because mine are having little dot clumps of fabrics on the front thigh area. like when clothes get worn out
June 21, 2007 @ 00:16:10
Luke, Is there any fading?

Originally posted by Inactive User
lol 19-21 INCHESblushing

don't fladder yourself.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 21, 2007 @ 07:48:13
well... the dark parts of my denim are not much lighter than when they were new... my camers just doesnt capture it... its a shitty 2mp cam and makes everything look washed out. the whole not washing thing is fine if you dont lead an active lifestyle... your jeans just dont get dirty. the time period is more a marketing thing by nudie than anything else... the nicest denim ive ever seen were washed once a month or so.

both washed once a month.
June 21, 2007 @ 08:54:19
does it feel any different after the soak? because mine are having little dot clumps of fabrics on the front thigh area. like when clothes get worn out

Yeh bought them in a 30 waist but they stretched a lot in waist so they needed a soak.

Now they fit excellent again.

They had some nice honeycombs but after the soak I need to wear them in again.
June 21, 2007 @ 12:09:05
both washed once a month.

Your jeans do not look anything like the ones you posted, maybe you are 'washing' differently. Yours look like some A&F jeans, with the non-existent contrast, and overall lightness of the denim.
June 21, 2007 @ 12:12:58

thats pretty close to the true color... maybe a bit lighter than the true color... i have a fucking 2mpx cam and shitty lighting. those i posted were probably taken with a dslr.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 22, 2007 @ 06:41:54
the problem with that is you wear out the denim quicker... there is a reason most nudies have blown out crotches. and selvage means nothing... wrangler denim is tougher tham most selvage denim. going a long time without washing puts alot of strain on the denim by letting it stretch too much. that makes the fabric thinner, and results in premature wear.
June 22, 2007 @ 14:29:13
Your jeans do not look anything like the ones you posted, maybe you are 'washing' differently. Yours look like some A&F jeans, with the non-existent contrast, and overall lightness of the denim.

blinkyeyes haha are you serious, cheeps sams look great and have some of the most authentic fades and contrast compared to most, far from A&F
June 22, 2007 @ 15:05:26
thats pretty close to the true color... maybe a bit lighter than the true color... i have a fucking 2mpx cam and shitty lighting. those i posted were probably taken with a dslr.

Yeah that's probably the case; either your pics have too much light or not enough lol. Still really nice jeans though.
June 22, 2007 @ 21:40:39

Inactive User

can anyone tell my why my diors are getting fabric clumps or something similar to that ?

i cold soaked once before wear and only wore once and i noticed it while wearing it
June 23, 2007 @ 21:35:26
Here's my Nudie Super Slim Kims at about 4 months. i washed them twice at around 1.5 months to get out the effects of partying.

June 23, 2007 @ 21:58:24
hey cheep, don't know if you said this before or not, but is it necessary to wash often if you don't live that active a life in your jeans
June 25, 2007 @ 01:41:12
Nice FFF
June 25, 2007 @ 06:41:29
hey cheep, don't know if you said this before or not, but is it necessary to wash often if you don't live that active a life in your jeans

no... i wash mine often because i work in them and skate in them a couple times a week, and i sweat like a fucking pig in this florida heat. if youre not active in them you dont need to wash often. its all about the abuse you put them thru. ive found that letting dried sweat sit in denim can cause the denim to weaken and the metal hardware to start rusting, and makes the denim look kinda yellow. that, and to avoid overstretching, is why i wash so much.
June 25, 2007 @ 12:50:04

Inactive User

Skull 5010x 6x6 (one-wash)sz. 31 @ 3.5 months. They're too big for me so I only wear them to work really...they're pretty fucking dusty, surprised they look blue in the pictures. The lap is covered in dust/dirt from work. There's also a little blood on them but I don't think you can see it.

I soaked them when I got them trying to shrink some, one hot soak when they were pretty brown, and spray of cold water once I think.

Front:

Back:

Crotch:

Ass:

Traintracks, they're visible down most of the legs
June 27, 2007 @ 00:13:41
why is it that we never see u wear these jeans dum?
June 27, 2007 @ 01:47:40

Inactive User

They're too big (for my liking). I wear them to work everyday. I needed a belt from the get-go and they didn't shrink. Too stubborn and impatient to return and order the right size.
Please login first to reply.
x