Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
July 31, 2006 @ 03:10 PM

Inactive

Jacked this thread from Superfuture. I'll start it off with my cheap ass STF's.

Worn for 4 months, one cold soak before worn to shrink and one warm soak at 2 months because I'm impatient and wanted to see some fading.

July 31, 2006 @ 03:20 PM
Peter Suh

I check that thread.. people have some great stuff in there.

Can't dig the ball-huggers though.
July 31, 2006 @ 03:27 PM
Peter Suh

The STFs are retaining a lot of the color even after the 2 soaks.. patience is the key! Haha

I'll post pics of thehundreds ink I've got later. I've got some Edwin's around somewhere too..
July 31, 2006 @ 03:37 PM
ciph$

Ball huggers? 501s are so baggy.
July 31, 2006 @ 03:40 PM
Peter Suh

On some other sites.. it seems as if they prefer pants that hug the balls region.

Not in reference to DUM's jeans..
July 31, 2006 @ 03:40 PM
cpaik

the jeans are way too loose. if you want awesome wear fades, you have to wear your jeans tight. otherwise just buy prewashed jeans baggy.
July 31, 2006 @ 03:42 PM
ciph$

On some other sites.. it seems as if they prefer pants that hug the balls region.

Not in reference to DUM's jeans..

Oh ok haha, you know of any good denim fitting closer to 505's?
July 31, 2006 @ 04:01 PM
Insight51

PPL are so cheap that they dont just get a pre distressd pair?

I seen those pics on superfuture and they look so lame....
I mean predistressed imitates long usage, but doesnt replicate it, because it looks wack as fuck. Especially RAW denim.....seriously, who was the guy who said wearing Raw denim for months in a row was cool? or looks good? That fool needs to kicked.
July 31, 2006 @ 04:43 PM

Inactive

^^seriously, wow. that was probably one of the dumbest posts ive seen.

PPL are so cheap that they dont just get a pre distressd pair?

most people who go through this process buy jeans that are 150-400 dollars so they can get the better indigo denim that will wear better and look nicer. and people dont like buying shit predistressed jeans because they look fake. you might as well be buying jeans from old navy, because the wash houses are getting better at making more expensive looking wear and tear. the reason they wear them out themselves is because its more personal and they will have an authentic wear, rather than some mass produced one..

I mean predistressed imitates long usage, but doesnt replicate it, because it looks wack as fuck.

imitation is replication. to imitate is to do something similar to something else. to replicate is to copy, which means making it similar to the original. washing houses (the places that make your fucked up looking jeans) do studies and give raw denim to people to wear to see how they fade in order for them to RECREATE the same effect.

Especially RAW denim.....seriously, who was the guy who said wearing Raw denim for months in a row was cool? or looks good? That fool needs to kicked.

in order to get a good contrast of wear with denim they cant be washed before the wear has taken place because the indigo will leech out in the wash and the wiskers and fading will not be as pronounced. most premium jeans have 3 hours of grinding, sanding, etc. before they are washed. even your precious predistressed jeans have to have been distressed before it is washed or else you will look like you are wearing walmart jeans.
July 31, 2006 @ 04:59 PM
Insight51

^^seriously, wow. that was probably one of the dumbest posts ive seen.

most people who go through this process buy jeans that are 150-400 dollars so they can get the better indigo denim that will wear better and look nicer. and people dont like buying shit predistressed jeans because they look fake. you might as well be buying jeans from old navy, because the wash houses are getting better at making more expensive looking wear and tear. the reason they wear them out themselves is because its more personal and they will have an authentic wear, rather than some mass produced one..

Like I said , I think it looks wack, you want to argue with how I feel go for it.....dumbass. The point of being cheap was buying ONE pair to wear ALL year. So people can get away with buying one pair and say "oh look I have epensive jeans" then they defend wearing it all year, not cause they broke, but cause "thats what you do"
I dont buy it

imitation is replication. to imitate is to do something similar to something else. to replicate is to copy, which means making it similar to the original. washing houses (the places that make your fucked up looking jeans) do studies and give raw denim to people to wear to see how they fade in order for them to RECREATE the same effect.

its fuckin semantics, the actuall look you get from wearing them for 23 years, is horrid. The immitation looks refined and mastered.

in order to get a good contrast of wear with denim they cant be washed before the wear has taken place because the indigo will leech out in the wash and the wiskers and fading will not be as pronounced. most premium jeans have 3 hours of grinding, sanding, etc. before they are washed. even your precious predistressed jeans have to have been distressed before it is washed or else you will look like you are wearing walmart jeans.

I know why they do it, why the hell are you telling me. My point was it looks wack for buying and wearing a jean till it smells like diapers. When ultimitly IMHO it turns ourt wack as fuck.

filler read magenta
July 31, 2006 @ 05:06 PM
Peter Suh

^Predistressed denim is almost like fake Nikes. Faker companies are trying to replicate/imitate Nike's designs colorways. Wash houses are trying to replicate/imitate the natural fades on raw denim.

To hate on raw denim is to hate on the OG.

If you've smelled denim that smells like diapers, stay away from that person. They ain't doin it right.
July 31, 2006 @ 05:51 PM

Inactive

my jeans never smell funny at all, and i never wash them.
just let them catch some air outside and all bad smells will fade away.
July 31, 2006 @ 05:52 PM

Inactive

ok, i do wash them, like 2 times a year.
after buying them i don't wash them for about 8 months since i like the feel and look of raw denim
July 31, 2006 @ 06:02 PM

Inactive

Yeah I know mine are way too loose, I sized up when I shouldnt have.
July 31, 2006 @ 06:12 PM

Inactive

raw denim is the best, I just recently got my first pair. That shit is so hard I'm wearing 34 and it still doesnt get on the floor....my other jeans are 32 length and they still sometime get under my shoes.
July 31, 2006 @ 06:19 PM
cpaik

probably because your raw denims aren't as bootcut as your others. just a thought
July 31, 2006 @ 06:37 PM

Inactive

copped some raw denim Levis Friday...I have alot of jeans so it'll be kinda hard natrully stressing them unless I wear em alot. But' I'll try.
July 31, 2006 @ 07:01 PM
ag229487

i really dont understand this whole wearing your jeans till they look fucked idea-

if im dropping $200 on a pair of jeans, im gonna wear them twice a month and take best care of them as possible, not beat them to shit- the raw joints look alot better when their crisp rather than all worn out, but thats just me
July 31, 2006 @ 07:15 PM

Inactive

probably because your raw denims aren't as bootcut as your others. just a thought

no, i dont buy bootcut jeans.
July 31, 2006 @ 07:16 PM

Inactive

im tired of wearing my 501s ; (
and flipping them inside out every night hahaha
and getting really good w/febreez.
ive been wearing some u.s uniqlos (big up invasion joe!!) but i doubt theyll get as worn in looking as the 501s, theyre pretty fucking huge compared to the japanese uniqlos i have.
July 31, 2006 @ 08:22 PM

Inactive

my nudies
maybe 3 months of wear
July 31, 2006 @ 08:42 PM

Inactive

Like I said , I think it looks wack, you want to argue with how I feel go for it.....dumbass. The point of being cheap was buying ONE pair to wear ALL year. So people can get away with buying one pair and say "oh look I have epensive jeans" then they defend wearing it all year, not cause they broke, but cause "thats what you do"
I dont buy it

i wasnt arguing your feelings. no one said they only buy one pair a year. in any case, unless you are buying jeans that fashionwise serves a distinct purpose (different cut, different color, enough details to make it stand out fromt he other ones you own) owning more than 3 jeans that all look alike is pointless.

its fuckin semantics, the actuall look you get from wearing them for 23 years, is horrid. The immitation looks refined and mastered.

no it looks uniform and manufactured. the most expensive washes dont look like they were done by hand...they look like they were worn for years. its the same look. youre basically talking shit on people for doing it themselves instead of buying them prewashed.

I know why they do it, why the hell are you telling me. My point was it looks wack for buying and wearing a jean till it smells like diapers. When ultimitly IMHO it turns ourt wack as fuck.

the end result is the same if someone does it right. and as far as smells? like the other dude said, they arent doing it right. if you cant keep your shit in check all you have to do is take it to the dry cleaners.

August 5, 2006 @ 02:53 AM

Inactive

bump..post fuckers.
August 5, 2006 @ 04:13 AM
etcetera

ok so what is a poor guy (literally) to do if he has a the budget of a struggling, teenage clothing company owner with no job and parents that dont belive in 200 dollars for one item of clothing when he want sum decent looking raw and/or indigo jeans? i especially like those jeans with dark washes that look like a way toned down version of the 90s mettalic FUBU denim...help...or move DUM whatever seems better cuz im no long sure this is the right thread in which to ask this question....
August 5, 2006 @ 07:12 AM
vinsensual

"The immitation looks refined and mastered"
does this sound wrong to anybody?
August 5, 2006 @ 02:08 PM

Inactive

ok so what is a poor guy (literally) to do if he has a the budget of a struggling, teenage clothing company owner with no job and parents that dont belive in 200 dollars for one item of clothing when he want sum decent looking raw and/or indigo jeans? i especially like those jeans with dark washes that look like a way toned down version of the 90s mettalic FUBU denim...help...or move DUM whatever seems better cuz im no long sure this is the right thread in which to ask this question....

APC is $140, or if you're really cheap some Levis STF are $30.
August 5, 2006 @ 02:46 PM
Insight51

"The immitation looks refined and mastered"
does this sound wrong to anybody?

obviously you.

they took a look, "the worn the shit outa my jeans look"
-refined it with many different options and attempts"
-through the years they immitated the "look" but IMHO mastered it as a "style" that actually looks cool. Like antiqued Evisu's or 575's or some TR's....ect

it aint that hard to understand.
August 5, 2006 @ 05:27 PM

Inactive

anybody who seriously even MENTIONS true religion when talking about denim clearly doesn't know shit

its funny that youre saying people who buy expensive raw denim and wear them in are cheap. weren't you the same kid saying people should just buy fake bape?
August 5, 2006 @ 05:30 PM
Tiffany Chan

i soaked my blue blood in pure water once because i accidently sit on birdpoo in the park, since then it stinks like fat bastards fart and jim careys breath together
August 5, 2006 @ 06:26 PM

Inactive

i soaked my blue blood in pure water once because i accidently sit on birdpoo in the park, since then it stinks like fat bastards fart and jim careys breath together

you are so strange

Please login first to reply.