August 7, 2007 @ 11:38 PM
jessejessej

This question is directed towards members who actually own a pair of imperial dukes...im looking into buying a pair of black dukes and ive read that they run one size small..i don't know if i should size up because i would like to have the slim fit..besides im sure they will stretch after a few wears..are they considerably small..please share your experiences with the sizing thank youu they look amazing
August 8, 2007 @ 01:43 AM
eez

i have a pair of the black dukes in 33, and i did size one down. my levi's size is 34 so i just went with 33 in the imperials. at first the waist area was a big snug and thigh are was pretty slim too, but after around 15 wears the waist area considerably loosened up to probably a 34. thigh area remains the same

imo they are great if you like slimmer jeans, but i wish i could have gotten the kings, which fit more like 501s.

i agree with you though, they are pretty cool
August 8, 2007 @ 02:01 AM
iDANYO

Go down one...It will seem tight at first but they stretch...you prob won't be able to button the top button for a week or two
August 8, 2007 @ 10:56 PM
Darkadious

you don't have to own a pair of something to know what they're about.
August 8, 2007 @ 11:06 PM
jessejessej

i wanted to know how well they stretch..experiences
August 9, 2007 @ 04:15 AM
grug01

you don't have to own a pair of something to know what they're about.

in this case it helps since not all jeans stretch/fit the same.

anyway, i went my usual size 32 in a pair of the raw blacks and they were pretty damn tight to start with but after about 10-15 wears they are fitting very nice.
As for stretching they stretch a lot less than any other jeans i've purchased. the indigo denim imperial uses stretches more/quicker than the black.
from pics i've seen of your build i wouldn't size down (not saying you're fat, just not stick thin like a few guys on here) because the thighs on these are pretty tight.
in all honesty i would recommend going your usual size - it will give you a good balance between getting a slim fit and having a pair of jeans that won't cut of circulation to your legs. the raw blacks really don't stretch a lot like nudies and such. even for me going my usual size i could hardly get the top button done.

i think ppl say these run a size small because most jeans actually run a bigger measured size than the tagged size. i reckon these do actually run true to size.

either way they are awesome jeans. not only the denim but the construction is amazing. take a moment to go over all the seams, edges etc to check the effort that's gone into them to make them so tidy. i know i'll be picking up a pair of the dukes in indigo soon as well
August 10, 2007 @ 02:12 AM
Darkadious

in this case it helps since not all jeans stretch/fit the same.

a lot are aware of that..
August 10, 2007 @ 10:02 PM
grug01

then you'll be aware that the guy asked for peoples personal experiences with these. of course everyone knows all jeans don't the same etc so that's why ppl who own a pair are generally going to give better advice than ppl who have just heard "what they're about"
August 11, 2007 @ 04:22 AM
Darkadious

i've held and tried on a few pairs, but i guess that isn't really owning a pair, is it?
August 11, 2007 @ 07:02 PM
ichapelle

Dark, I don't think you've ever made a post that contributed to a thread. I mean ever.
Thoughts?
August 11, 2007 @ 10:57 PM
grug01

i've held and tried on a few pairs, but i guess that isn't really owning a pair, is it?

no it's not. they're not going to stretch to their full extent while you're in the changeroom. or did you stand in there all day doing squats till you got kicked out at closing time?
August 14, 2007 @ 09:31 PM
munition

im selling my black raw imperial kings sz 31 for $160 shipped. Thats more than $100 off the original price!!!

Please login first to reply.