Small DENIM Questions Thread

Oct 21, 2007 @ 12:11
Oh, thanks. Well, does anyone know where to get them?
Oct 21, 2007 @ 23:15
hey HOW DO YOU STOP JEANS FROM BLEEDING? help please! smh
Oct 22, 2007 @ 07:26
You can buy Samurai denim direct from their site.

if youre in japan. they dont ship international anymore because of the levis thing.
Oct 22, 2007 @ 12:17
if youre in japan. they dont ship international anymore because of the levis thing.

weak. BiG has been out of my size in what i want for a long time.
Oct 22, 2007 @ 16:20
gay
Oct 22, 2007 @ 20:55
guys, what the hell is an anti-fit?
Oct 23, 2007 @ 00:05
Is there a good Canadian/American website to order Cheap Mondays from. I don't want to pay rape shipping.

I'm looking at you Caliroots.com; Shipping costs damn near the same as the jeans.

Urban Outfitters carries them.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com
Oct 23, 2007 @ 06:51
guys, what the hell is an anti-fit?

levis originally cut the back rise on their jeans straight, which made the ass loose. most modern jeans put some curve in it to hug your ass.
Oct 23, 2007 @ 08:11
can someone please tell me whats with the wax coated jeans? whats with the wax is for waterproofing, better combs and whiskers........? are they more better then regular raw denim u think?
Oct 23, 2007 @ 08:23
iz dey be more b3tt3r? naw sun, dey iz just diffrent. deyz hav wax 4 feeling kool an shit... and look kool 2
Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:48
I just ran 'Edwin' in the Search function for this thread, and only one post came up, I was just checking to see how good their jeans are. On one website I read that they can 'dry bleed', which has put me off a bit.
Any help or photo's appreciated.
Oct 23, 2007 @ 13:12
Originally posted by Inactive User
Urban Outfitters carries them.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com

Urban Outfitters? The fuck?? I hate that store; it's street/art culture for people who don't want to do the the leg work to find anything new or creative. I make it a goal of mine not to buy clothes from the Mall/big box stores.

I noticed they carry Wesc and Cheap Mondays. I like both companies a lot, their jeans are great; but i mean....it's a mall store, lame. What is creative about shopping at the mall?
Oct 23, 2007 @ 17:23
Blue in Green has them.

No they don't that's why I said besides them in my first post.

Inactive User

Oct 23, 2007 @ 18:56
I got some jeans coming in and just wanted to ask if people starch them or just wear 'em from the get go ?
Oct 23, 2007 @ 20:53
Just wear them or soak them depending on the jeans.

/

Inactive User

Oct 23, 2007 @ 20:58
Just wear them or soak them depending on the jeans.

I haven't tried them in yet, you know that anxious feeling of getting something new.

I hardly soak my jeans. I dont' mind the bleeding, just want a nice fade.
Oct 23, 2007 @ 21:09

I was referring to whether they were unsanforized, where a soak is required. If not just wear them.

/

Oct 23, 2007 @ 21:38
What is waxed denim?
I think I have a pair of raw waxed denim, they have that sort of waxed shine. Just not heavily waxed or anything.
Oct 24, 2007 @ 07:59
I just ran 'Edwin' in the Search function for this thread, and only one post came up, I was just checking to see how good their jeans are. On one website I read that they can 'dry bleed', which has put me off a bit.
Any help or photo's appreciated.

Can anyone with a pair of Edwin's help me out?
Appreciated.
Oct 25, 2007 @ 12:02
Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.
So if i wear a 32 in levi 511
29 is APC rescues
...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.
Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.
Oct 25, 2007 @ 15:20
Can anyone with a pair of Edwin's help me out?
Appreciated.

most dark colored jeans will dry bleed. raw denim even more so. edwins are mid-level. a little better than levis but not near the top tier of denim.
Oct 25, 2007 @ 20:55
how do nudie slim jim's fit compared to 501's?im looking for a slim jean but half the time i see slim jims they look baggy
Oct 25, 2007 @ 21:37
Urban Outfitters? The fuck?? I hate that store; it's street/art culture for people who don't want to do the the leg work to find anything new or creative. I make it a goal of mine not to buy clothes from the Mall/big box stores.

I noticed they carry Wesc and Cheap Mondays. I like both companies a lot, their jeans are great; but i mean....it's a mall store, lame. What is creative about shopping at the mall?

You asked. I gave you an answer.

Since when has shopping been a creative endeavor? For me its just a process of acquisition. They have something I want, I have money, we make an exchange. I don't give a shit if its from a "mall/big box" store, a designer boutique, or some ma n' pa hole in the wall...what difference does it make? You're still getting what you want.

Granted, UO peddles alot of trendy filth, but I've had a couple good buys from them. If you're still too cool for UO go here http://www.tobi.com/ not sure if its a "mall/big box" store but they got a better selection anyway...
Oct 26, 2007 @ 00:22
Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.
So if i wear a 32 in levi 511
29 is APC rescues
...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.
Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.

somebody help me out here please.
Oct 26, 2007 @ 06:30
I haven't tried them in yet, you know that anxious feeling of getting something new.

ironically not giving a shit about ur jeans will give you a nice fade.
Oct 26, 2007 @ 08:39
most dark colored jeans will dry bleed. raw denim even more so. edwins are mid-level. a little better than levis but not near the top tier of denim.

I appreciate your input, the pair I was looking at was these,

I liked the idea of the relaxed fit on the thighs, but with the tapered leg for the sneakers. Does anyone know any other brands carrying this fit?
Oct 26, 2007 @ 08:42
the evisu heritage wranglers that i have have that fit... amazing beautiful jeans.

retail is about 275 tho... more than the edwins.
Oct 26, 2007 @ 08:46
the evisu heritage wranglers that i have have that fit... amazing beautiful jeans.

retail is about 275 tho... more than the edwins.

Indeed, the pair above I can get for 170.
I appreciate the response.
Oct 27, 2007 @ 01:20
HEy this might be a dumb as shit question but when you warm wash is it better to wear them into the tub or put the jeans in solo?
Oct 27, 2007 @ 02:08
HEy this might be a dumb as shit question but when you warm wash is it better to wear them into the tub or put the jeans in solo?

I don't speak from experience, but from what I've read it's ok to put them in alone, but you should put them on after taking them out so that they don't shrink up so much that you can't even fit in them anymore.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0