Small DENIM Questions Thread

Feb 28, 2009 @ 11:28
is hot soaking=to hot delicate washing jeans? I already hotsoaked, but in the future I wanna shrink my nudies waist so im planning on putting it to hot wash delicate cycle, then strech out the length to make sure it doesnt shrink cause I got em hemmed.

hot soaking and hot delicate wash are basically the same thing, except for some reason the delicate wash shrinks the denim more, probably because of the little agitation the machine imparts on the jeans. you would be good doing either one to shrink your nudies in the future. downside of hot delicate wash...it sloughs off some dye because of the cycle.
Feb 28, 2009 @ 15:10
Where can I find these levis???

Those are def fakes. If you look at Metrosexualo.com they make fake Guccis and shit.
Feb 28, 2009 @ 17:07
hello i know im going off topic of what you're talking about but i need some help with picking some new denim
i've been searching through karmaloop and i want to know if raw or regular denim is better
i wear denim just for the comfort so if you say raw, i dont really want to fade them, i like to keep them dark
i have been wearing 501s and i think they are pretty good quality
also, im on a budget of 75 so nothing higher than that
Feb 28, 2009 @ 23:27
hello i know im going off topic of what you're talking about but i need some help with picking some new denim
i've been searching through karmaloop and i want to know if raw or regular denim is better
i wear denim just for the comfort so if you say raw, i dont really want to fade them, i like to keep them dark
i have been wearing 501s and i think they are pretty good quality
also, im on a budget of 75 so nothing higher than that

uniqlo has a nice selection of raw/regular denim for around 80 bucks and you may be interested in other levis models i.e. 511s, 510s, 520s. gap has pretty good stuff, pacsun.

chex...i have answered your question so many times already, are you high?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 01:26
do fades show up naturally without wash or after the wash?

Does a wash affect the fade?

And what does initial soaking do?

. . .
Mar 01, 2009 @ 02:34
I sold my APC NC and Imperial Shearers. I still have my Imperial Dukes left (which I'm keeping), and I'm looking for another pair of jeans to buy.

I'm considering of buying APC NS, Imperial Shearers (in the RIGHT size this time), Skull 5010xx, or Samurai 710s. I like slim fit. I love tapered jeans, which is why I'm considering of buying Shearers again.

The 710 sammies are kind "ehhh" on my mind because I'm not sure I can handle 19 oz jeans, especially since winter is ending.

It's mostly a battle between Imperial Shearers and Skull 5010xx. Any thoughts?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 10:21
ah uniqlo i heard i cant get em online
any thing you guys recommend that i can buy online
more preferably raw and straight
Mar 01, 2009 @ 11:07
Acq, go with the Skulls.
Mar 01, 2009 @ 12:29
oh my goddddd its the dot dot dot!

last time i checked this was the small denim questions thread.

yeah because you can't use the search button AND google.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

there u go,kthxbai
Mar 01, 2009 @ 12:50
Hey guys, I need a bit of help. I normally wear a 40x32 in GAP standard fit denim. I've been thinking about trying out some of their selvage denim but I'm worried about sizing. Should I size up, especially since its a straight fit? And could anyone tell me what exactly is the difference between straight fit and standard fit in GAP denim? Thanks!
Mar 01, 2009 @ 14:22
though it is a small questoin thread, it gets annoying when people ask how to size down on APC and what selvage denim means.

dont you agree?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 14:38
though it is a small questoin thread, it gets annoying when people ask how to size down on APC and what selvage denim means.

dont you agree?

Completely agree. Simple questions as "what is selvage denim" can be found on Google.

How to size down on APCs can easily be found by reading posts in the APC denim thread. There's no need to ask another question.

Edit:

Originally posted by Inactive User
Acq, go with the Skulls.

Thanks for your input, I think I'll go with Skulls. I've been sticking to Imperial too much, and I don't know enough about Sammies right now.
Mar 01, 2009 @ 15:37
I just got a pair of prewashed thin finns. They're a little too baggy for my taste, and I was wondering if i could get them tapered and hemmed while keeping the stitching?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 16:47
i dont get why some people can't just ignore a "post". i mean since it's annoying just ignore it instead of quoting it with useless dots.

shaddup and just look at my god damn post on sufu i linked you too i like big butts and i can nawt lie
Mar 01, 2009 @ 16:51
i dont get why some people can't just ignore a "post". i mean since it's annoying just ignore it instead of quoting it with useless dots.

If its ignored your post will show up again and become even more of a nuisance. And majority of simple questions and be found by just lurking around. Cheerz

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Mar 01, 2009 @ 19:03
I have a pair of size 38 raw, baggy evisus that I haven't worn much but have been washed twice. I have lost much weight since their purchase and I now wear a size 34. Anybody know if I can shrink them?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 20:55
I have a pair of size 38 raw, baggy evisus that I haven't worn much but have been washed twice. I have lost much weight since their purchase and I now wear a size 34. Anybody know if I can shrink them?

I don't think there's a way you can shrink a size 38 to a 34.
Mar 01, 2009 @ 21:14
Damn. Can a tailor do anything to them to make them less baggy? I paid full price for em so I'm kinda pissed. I saoked them today and I'm gonna see if that shrinks them some.
Mar 01, 2009 @ 21:28
i got some Levi's 511 Raw i notice a lil streched waist n thighs, i dont wanna wear a belt,
can i jus soak the top part and hope it shrinks about a tiny bit?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 21:37
Damn. Can a tailor do anything to them to make them less baggy? I paid full price for em so I'm kinda pissed. I saoked them today and I'm gonna see if that shrinks them some.

its nearly impossible to tailor the waist size, whats posibble is making the leg tighter or the inseam shorter.

Mar 01, 2009 @ 21:38
i got some Levi's 511 Raw i notice a lil streched waist n thighs, i dont wanna wear a belt,
can i jus soak the top part and hope it shrinks about a tiny bit?

Rigid, not Raw. And yea.

Mar 01, 2009 @ 21:41
Rigid, not Raw. And yea.

thx tech, but will it fade alot for 30 mins?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 22:05
no it wont.
Mar 01, 2009 @ 22:06
Nope, maybe just a bit but nothing big. Your jeans may feel a bit softer though if it matters.

Mar 01, 2009 @ 22:09
ok cool thx again bro
Mar 01, 2009 @ 22:43
If i taper even though my stacks and honeycombs already set in, will it fuck them up?
Mar 01, 2009 @ 22:49
it will probably change a little bit. i soaked the leg openings on my jeans and when they shrunk the stacking fell differently, the best thing you can do is taper em, and if the stacking isn't to your liking, soak just the bottom legs/leg opening and start over. the honey combs shouldn't be a problem since nondrastic tapering is just around the shin and leg opening area.
Mar 02, 2009 @ 04:06
Those are def fakes. If you look at Metrosexualo.com they make fake Guccis and shit.

U just hurt my pride! Those are so FLY to me fam!!! Damn...and I actually like this overpriced ass site (metrosexualo.com)...Ima grab some of the shades offa there tho...cheap but fly!
Mar 02, 2009 @ 05:09
I found these 511 seasonal slim on the levis british website
http://shop.eu.levi.com/GuysCollectionsLevisRedTabJeans/185110020/-511-Se---
It comes at 14oz (which is the same weight as most LVC's) and the color looks like its a one wash to me.
From the description its seems that there is something special about this jeans but I can't find any info on them on the web. Does anyone know anything about these jeans?
Mar 02, 2009 @ 12:54
^^ they're 511s but with extra features, like the change in weight you mentioned, it also has a huge "X" rivet on the coin pocket and it has a cinch back just like the Lee 101 1937, lvc 501xx 1937, lvc 501xx 1933, and warehouse cinch. the pockets are also bigger and further down the pant leg. i don't think its one wash.
Please login first to reply.