Small DENIM Questions Thread

Feb 16, 2009 @ 03:26
do you. don't follow trends of whats going to be in. -_- if i were you i think... hmmm, considering jeans...blue would be a color that's going to be "in" for a while. just a thought.

as far as tailoring, why not just get 511s, instead of tailoring shit to fit like them? i understand you may want to tailor past jeans, but why spend extra cash on old shit when you can get instant gratification with your new 511 jawnz.

Yeah I get you about the 511s and I actually want to tailor my new jeans I just got, the reason why I stopped looking into levi's is because of the colors they're coming out with 511s, I couldn't seem to find a nice dark denim wash I liked but I found a pair similar to the fit but its about an inch or less wider and the smallest difference bugs me because I can notice it haha
Feb 16, 2009 @ 09:55
^
oh okay, a good tailor should be able to take care of that for you, just make sure he/she knows exactly what you want to do and exactly what he/she is going to do doing.
Feb 16, 2009 @ 19:00
Feb 17, 2009 @ 22:23
Total n00b question, but do Levi STFs shrink TO or FROM tagged size? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, just making sure.
Feb 17, 2009 @ 22:36
It shrinks from tagged, so if its tag say..34, it should shrink to about a 32.

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Feb 18, 2009 @ 18:59
how much do i size down on RRL denim?

UCSB.

Feb 18, 2009 @ 19:07
Probably at least one, but be careful becuase RRL denim is vanity sized so sometimes its tagged a 34 but its actually a 30 or its tagged 28 buts it a 30, its pretty confusing so make sure you get accurate measurements or try it on

Feb 18, 2009 @ 23:10
how much do i size down on RRL denim?

just have the person measure out the dick for you.

rrl sizing differs depending on its generation.

the ones with loopy arcs are true-to-size

the one with NO arcs are vanity.

hope that helpz
Feb 19, 2009 @ 12:03
andel whall denim isnt mentioned much around here
but i probably will buy a pair for my next denim purchase.
what fit would fit best like the new standard
this is my ns fit after a months worth of stretching

i was looking at their guide then saw other fits so i got confused i figure its all in about how much you size down.
Feb 19, 2009 @ 16:18
howd you size ur apc? and whats your true waist?
Feb 19, 2009 @ 16:22
howd you size ur apc? and whats your true waist?

best estimate 32.5 waist

bought a size 29 NS
Feb 19, 2009 @ 16:48
the best i can scrounge up is the grifters true to size or sized up. slackers slouch like the levis 520, meaning they have a lower front rise and a higher back rise, in fact they have about two inches on the backrise for the ns, 15.6 compared to 13.75. the grifters have 14.75 backrise. the cougars are a regular fit and also have that huge back rise, bigger leg opening, and a bigger girth on the thighs. soo imo, the grifters, i could be wrong but research more. either way you get quality denim.
Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:16
Where to buy Dior homme Raw 19Cm denim size 32 in the uk preferably online or in the south of england? (im located in whiltshire)
Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:35
so seeing how ive gained a better knowledge about denim from forums like these, I was wondering how much it actually costs to make "Raw" denim, specifically brands like Iron heart which go for 400+ and nudies etc.

All clothing brands are definately overpriced, but is it actually costly to make these jeans?

At the end of the day they know consumers will buy
Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:41
so seeing how ive gained a better knowledge about denim from forums like these, I was wondering how much it actually costs to make "Raw" denim, specifically brands like Iron heart which go for 400+ and nudies etc.

All clothing brands are definately overpriced, but is it actually costly to make these jeans?

maybe someone will correct me if im wrong
but i dont think they are worth $300+

but its the time and labor they put into the jeans, which is why they are good quality at the same time

i dont know how long it takes to finish a pair of jeans but if it's a long time I wouldnt charge $40.

wild educated guess

someone correct me if im wrong
Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:43
Depends How,where and when they were made.
Feb 19, 2009 @ 19:04
Its the usually the construction of the denim itself, every company is able to have their own unique pattern of indigo that fades. Brands that are stocked by selfedge run about 250$+ is because of quality, durability, and construction. Such brands like FlatHead offer one of a kind fading system that's incomparable to any other company, I would say thats one of the reasons why JP denim is so costly.

But the making of jeans, is probably cheaper but not by much at all. JP denim that is stocked in the USA has to go through shipping and customs which can add a bunch of money to when you purchase.

Feb 19, 2009 @ 19:23

The actual cost to make these jeans are probably less than $100.

But (something I learned in my econ class) product differentiation from these companies prevent others from copying them, and these companies produce jeans that are specifically unique - which is conspicuously worth that extra $200-300.
Feb 19, 2009 @ 21:12
i was just wondering does anyone still wear g-star?
i had a pair of g-star raws until i sold it to my friend
and im trying to get them back. haha
Feb 19, 2009 @ 21:57
Levis noob question
Whats the difference between the 511, 514, and 520 models.
I know the 511 is slim but is it like super slim like a NS?
And which 501 model is cut slimmer? The LVC line?
Feb 19, 2009 @ 21:59
1947 and 1966 lvc
Feb 19, 2009 @ 23:01
Levis noob question
Whats the difference between the 511, 514, and 520 models.
I know the 511 is slim but is it like super slim like a NS?
And which 501 model is cut slimmer? The LVC line?

You can actually look this up on Google or the Levi's website. No need for experienced denim experts to waste time.

Hell, you could even learn the differences just by diving into the Levi's denim thread.
Feb 20, 2009 @ 16:56
^^ it's only for shrink to fit denim, unsanforized; or unstarched. in other words, if your denim is "shiny" or has that "raw sheen," its starched. you do not need to soak these jeans before you wear them because they are not shrink to fit. intial soaks are for shrinking stf denim to your desired size.

to the same question on 143.
Feb 20, 2009 @ 18:04
I'm looking for some new denims, anyone got some good ones in the UK or maybe other country that ships to the Netherlands?
Feb 20, 2009 @ 22:22
...So I can't find a bucket anywhere aroudn here, but I do have this trash can... Would that work for a soak? Also when I'm doing this soak should I change the water half way in or something?

instagram: prxsh

Feb 20, 2009 @ 23:03
...So I can't find a bucket anywhere aroudn here, but I do have this trash can... Would that work for a soak? Also when I'm doing this soak should I change the water half way in or something?

use a tub?
trashcan if its clean.
you could change your water half way if it were up to me id care less and leave it there.
Feb 20, 2009 @ 23:20
Aight. College dorms so we don't have tubs, which is why I'm relying on a bucket/trash can...

instagram: prxsh

Feb 21, 2009 @ 12:15
what kind of Jeans would i wear if i want to wear my jeans baggy but not tooo baggy with a pair of DUnks
Feb 21, 2009 @ 12:35
what kind of Jeans would i wear if i want to wear my jeans baggy but not tooo baggy with a pair of DUnks

nudie average joes
apc NS size down one ore true to size
levis 501
Imperial dukes true to size
imperial kings
nudie regular ralfs
Feb 21, 2009 @ 12:52
nudie average joes
apc NS size down one ore true to size
levis 501
Imperial dukes true to size
imperial kings