Small DENIM Questions Thread

Feb 12, 2009 @ 21:40
Originally posted by Inactive User
Lol. I think you mean "hip" and "waist."

My hips are more like 31, I don't sag OD so I didn't think it would matter if I posted it.

Looking at Nudie SJAOs or GTDDOs. I've looked around and I think I know how much I want to size down, just not sure from which measurement. If you have a reccomendation though, by all means.
Feb 12, 2009 @ 21:53
In general rule for nudies you should size down at least 1.

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Feb 12, 2009 @ 22:07
i jus bought some uniqlo selvedge denim and i wanna know wat to do im a noob wen it comes to jeans should i pre soak in cold water

Paris-NY.com

Feb 12, 2009 @ 22:08
theres no need for a soak they're sanforized.

Feb 12, 2009 @ 22:19
are they good to begin with 4 stackin etc etc

Paris-NY.com

Feb 12, 2009 @ 22:24
Yea your good.

Feb 12, 2009 @ 23:02
In general rule for nudies you should size down at least 1.

Word, but what I'm trying to ask is which measurement do I size down from?
Feb 13, 2009 @ 00:13
Size down 1 from where your jeans sit ontop of your hip bones..

Feb 13, 2009 @ 00:14
Do warm almost hot water, it shouldnt shrink to much but itll help shrink enough

Gracias. Anything I should fix? I think the back stacks look fuxed.

instagram: prxsh

Feb 13, 2009 @ 00:17
Go ahead, if it looks wack to you just tweak it while your wearing them semi-damp, and let it dry while you wear and they should stay that way.

Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:26
do all unsanforized raw denim stretch?
Feb 13, 2009 @ 10:26
do all unsanforized raw denim stretch?
well you soak
then theyll stretch out again, but not into the same shape.
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:09
Do you have an estimation on how much raw denim shrinks length wise? Im about to soak before hemming
well you soak
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:19
Do you have an estimation on how much raw denim shrinks length wise? Im about to soak before hemming
unsanforized could shrink up to to 2inches in length. If you occassionally pull the inseam itll help keep the shrinking to a slight minimum i never did that with my 501stf after soaking to lazy, but some people around here have said that.
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:23
but it wont turn un-raw-ish right? I want my jeans to still feel stale to break in my honeycombs
unsanforized could shrink up to to 2inches in length. If you occassionally pull the inseam itll help keep the shrinking to a slight minimum i never did that with my 501stf after soaking to lazy, but some people around here have said that.
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:25
but it wont turn un-raw-ish right? I want my jeans to still feel stale to break in my honeycombs

naw it should handle a few soaks. Usually first soak makes them really hard.
what denim do you have?
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:27
naked famous black power stretch Im gonna put them in super hot water and where them damp the whole day.
naw it should handle a few soaks. Usually first soak makes them really hard.
what denim do you have?
Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:41
naked famous black power stretch Im gonna put them in super hot water and where them damp the whole day.

there is honestly no point naked and famous are sanforized. If youve been wearing them for a while now an they are loose then soaking is fine, but theyll stretch back again.
Since you mentioned the denim you have your inseam isnt gonna shrink much being sanforized denim.
Feb 13, 2009 @ 15:17
^^ it's only for shrink to fit denim, unsanforized; or unstarched. in other words, if your denim is "shiny" or has that "raw sheen," its starched. you do not need to soak these jeans before you wear them because they are not shrink to fit. intial soaks are for shrinking stf denim to your desired size.
Feb 13, 2009 @ 20:56
well you soak

yeah, but let's say you don't soak or wash at all, would it stretch after weeks of wear?
Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:26
everything stretches out and wears away with age. its natural.
Feb 14, 2009 @ 07:45
Levi's STF Question
I recently got some Levi's STF and went one size up from my real waist size. (34 from 33). I hot soaked my denim 3 times and the waist size is still big for me. Also, the thigh area has a lot of room.

There was hardly any change, if not no change from the 2nd soak to 3rd soak (and on the 3rd soak I had the jeans in the water longer). Btw I let the jeans dry first from soak to soak if that makes any difference.

My question is, should I just try soaking again, to see if the waist will shrink? Or should I just put the jeans in the wash?

As of now the jeans are still really stiff. If I put the jeans in the wash, will I lose all the stiffness?

Thanks.
Feb 14, 2009 @ 11:23
you did use hot/warm water right? and from my experience putting them in the wash and hang drying them will prevent them from losing their stiffness. however, if you put them in the dryer they will get loose. just buy another pair, and next time go true to size because 501s tend to fit baggy and you have to take into consideration the stretching.
Feb 14, 2009 @ 11:26
ya my waist is like 32-33
and i bought a pair of 30x30 stf and it shrunk down pretty good, but i took a shower in mine so it couldnt shrink as much as it could have.
i thought i could have fit in a 29.
Feb 15, 2009 @ 06:10
What denim washes/colors do you think are going to be "in" for a while. I know raw/selvage etc is what everyone is talking about right now but I'm talking about colors like the levi's 511 black and grey jeans, those seem to have come and go but you can still catch people rockin them.
Feb 15, 2009 @ 06:33
has anyone tailored/altered their straight leg raw denims to fit like 511 stretch levis? I want to do it but I'm scared since raw doesn't stretch as much so walking and stuff might be different.

I'm not considering shrink to fit/soaking because after a day or so they're back to the same fit.
Feb 15, 2009 @ 12:25
do you. don't follow trends of whats going to be in. -_- if i were you i think... hmmm, considering jeans...blue would be a color that's going to be "in" for a while. just a thought.

as far as tailoring, why not just get 511s, instead of tailoring shit to fit like them? i understand you may want to tailor past jeans, but why spend extra cash on old shit when you can get instant gratification with your new 511 jawnz.
Feb 15, 2009 @ 12:53
there are no colors that are "in"
honestly raw denim will always be "in" around here because its more of a lifestyle/hobby thing because of the whole fading thing and when you get raw jeans they have a nice clean look to them.

but there is nothing wrong with other colored jeans if you can create a good fit more power to you.

except shitty washes your average store are shitty

basically buy the color YOU LIKE!
Feb 15, 2009 @ 22:50
is it common for raw denim to stretch around the crotch area I guess? I notice that when I stand up, my package kinda moves to the side and gets very uncomfortable and I kinda have to rearrange it lol. Did anyone experience this with their denim?? I dont want my jeans suffocating my shaft now and have my balls feel very uncomfortable, especially during the summer. Lawl. Its a pain when i sit down, then have to stand up
Feb 15, 2009 @ 23:13
is it common for raw denim to stretch around the crotch area I guess? I notice that when I stand up, my package kinda moves to the side and gets very uncomfortable and I kinda have to rearrange it lol. Did anyone experience this with their denim?? I dont want my jeans suffocating my shaft now and have my balls feel very uncomfortable, especially during the summer. Lawl. Its a pain when i sit down, then have to stand up
yes its common.
Please login first to reply.