Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 8, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
F/22

I'm in need of some guidance.

I'm a little confused on which pair of APC's to get, considering I want a skinny/tight fit.
I'm about 5'8-9" & about 135 lbs. My waist is about 30-31.
Should I get New Cures or Petite Standards? And how much should I size down?

Thanks for your help anyone.
new cures and petites are almost close bother are tapered. New cures are slightly barely looser if you check the measurements. the rise is lower on the petites so itll give that tighter feel. With im not to fond with either models. But with petites and new cures dont size down more than two. Since you said you wanted a tight fit id say with either denim get 27.
February 9, 2009 @ 02:49 AM
DEVSKII

hey, do you know any nice pair of light skinny denim. im sick of my dark deep indigo raw ones, and never seem to find a decent pair of light skinny jeans.
February 9, 2009 @ 12:49 PM
BackLike45'

^^

check out uniqlo t-000s, american apparel slacks, not exactly denim but it gets the job done. pacsun bullheads? levis 511s, grey APC new cures.
February 9, 2009 @ 01:51 PM
justsomedude

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260358541634

do you think these are the dior homme 19cm model??

i emailed him asking whether it was INCH or cm, and he replied saying that it was a "19 inch rise."

i am absolutely clueless when it comes with these terms, so what exactly does it mean??

also, do you think his asking price is worth it?

justsomedude.us

February 9, 2009 @ 10:11 PM
doctorkobe

Hey I know this question may sound stupid but my APCs have been fitting a tad loose lately I wish they were a little tighter all over. Any ideas? Thanks and washing is fine with me if it'll do what I need.
February 9, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
Technique

Hot soak 30minutes+ should do the job

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

February 9, 2009 @ 11:45 PM
B_RAD

to get epic stackkerzz/fadezz is it a good idea to soak or wash and then wear while theyre wet but not too wet? smile
February 9, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
Technique

soaking has nothing to do with stacking.

stacking comes from the jean already having a long length..

lolwow.

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

February 10, 2009 @ 01:15 AM
B_RAD

oh no i meant honeycomb and creasing. Like wearing them while their kinda wet would give u better creases and honeycomb?
February 10, 2009 @ 09:50 AM
F/22

oh no i meant honeycomb and creasing. Like wearing them while their kinda wet would give u better creases and honeycomb?

more defined
i wouldnt say better
February 10, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
BackLike45'

it depends on the denim, and this is just a one time thing. for example, most samurai owners like to wear em while they are still damp to set the creases like you say. this is because the denim gets considerably stiff after a soak. i don't think you can get any creases, even if the jeans are wet, from just that one wear. the best way to get "creases and honeycombs" would be to wear the shit out of them. there are no cheap shortcuts.
February 10, 2009 @ 08:46 PM
jawesome

Alright so, how would I go about shrinking my LVC 1947 501xx in a college dorm environment? I want to get the most shrinkage, mainly because the jeans feel really loose around my waist and thigh area. Leg openings are all good though.

Also, according to Julian, he's worn it for less than a month and I've worn them for about a week now and they already have some set honeycombs and minimal stacks... Dunno what I'm getting at with this part but I guess I'm trying to ask if that's okay that I already have some set in and I'm wanting to soak it...

Thanks.

Instagram: prxsh

February 10, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
BackLike45'

college environment, get a bucket, set that shower to its hottest setting, stuff them babies in there. if its too loose for you just soak it, you will get the combs and stacks back. unless you are a living statue, i don't see why you wouldn't get them back, i dont understand the general fear of "losing" shit post soak. n/h
February 10, 2009 @ 08:59 PM
chrisernator

hey what brands of denim have longer inseam? about 35.5-36.5'' instead of the usual 34''. I've been told imperial jeans do. Any other brands that come to mind? This list could help all the people who are taller and need longer jeans. thx!
February 10, 2009 @ 09:17 PM
jawesome

college environment, get a bucket, set that shower to its hottest setting, stuff them babies in there. if its too loose for you just soak it, you will get the combs and stacks back. unless you are a living statue, i don't see why you wouldn't get them back, i dont understand the general fear of "losing" shit post soak. n/h

Alright, tht's what I assumed I'd due from past posts but I wasn't sure if it was a crappier way to shrink them. Reason I was wondering about loosing the combs was because (I think at least) the combs are fairly defined, and if I soak them I didn't want some fades coming in and when I re-created the combs they'd be in other spots...

Thanks again though.

February 10, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
ptoing

hey what brands of denim have longer inseam? about 35.5-36.5'' instead of the usual 34''. I've been told imperial jeans do. Any other brands that come to mind? This list could help all the people who are taller and need longer jeans. thx!

imperial, samurai, nudies, ande whall (can get up to 44" inseam), uhm.......theres moar but i gots no thyme to list it out.
February 10, 2009 @ 09:25 PM
BackLike45'

anytime. and you will be fine, a week won't do much in terms of fading, the creases are defined but not faded. if they are faded after just a week, i bow down to you sir. in terms of getting different fades in different spots, its possible but minimal, because the jeans contour to your body regardless.
February 10, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
jawesome

Hah, I doubt I did any fading myself but I don't exactly know how long the person before me wore them, just that it's less than a month. Also, when I do a hot soak in the bucket, do I need to add anything to it keep keep indigo loss minimal? Like Woolite Dark?

February 10, 2009 @ 09:53 PM
BackLike45'

if you want yeah. woolite will work well.
February 10, 2009 @ 09:53 PM
F/22

Hah, I doubt I did any fading myself but I don't exactly know how long the person before me wore them, just that it's less than a month. Also, when I do a hot soak in the bucket, do I need to add anything to it keep keep indigo loss minimal? Like Woolite Dark?

no need for anything
havnt soaked my apcs yet being only a month but on my levis stf i barely noticed any indigo loss at all after two soaks. Dont worry about losing indigo from soaking. To keep much of it in as possible though you could flip your jeans inside out.
February 10, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
jawesome

Alright thanks, will do after I find a bucket and a camera...

February 10, 2009 @ 11:39 PM
MJUsher

What if I hem a pair of raw denim before soaking cause I really dont wanna soak my denim. The inseams are 36 and I want a 32. I read that it will shrink length wise when I wash by alot. If so how much? Im just gonna get a cheap 8$ hem, no euro hem.
February 10, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
JuicyFruits

Hey guys, how come i cant spread my legs as far as i can with raw denim. Ive been wearing my pants for about more than a month and i still have that contraction on the crotch and thigh part whenever i squat on one knee or i try to spread my legs more than shoulder width. Its uncomfortable and not functionable. I sag a little, but not much.

My pants are Twelve bar. indigo Raw. Street brand(not as high quality as cane, flatheads, or others assumably.)

For example, i was thinkin if i bboy'ed in my jeans it would increase the wear, but i couldnt because of the tightness in my thigh and crotch. the damn thing just wont bend. (flixibility compared to normal jeans like 511 or chords).. what gives?

Im actually planning on coppin a pair of flatheads soon, but i just wanna know if this tightness is common. I dont want my 300$ pair to be as unfunctionable as these. Forreals.
Thanks
February 11, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
F/22

What if I hem a pair of raw denim before soaking cause I really dont wanna soak my denim. The inseams are 36 and I want a 32. I read that it will shrink length wise when I wash by alot. If so how much? Im just gonna get a cheap 8$ hem, no euro hem.

soak then hem
then see how much more you want to hem by maybe you might like it after the soak and save yourself eight bucks.
February 11, 2009 @ 07:26 AM
MJUsher

Super cold or hot? The length will shrink that much? The only reason I dont wanna soak is because I dont want the denim to turn softer. Also How long should I soak? 30 mins? do I try it down with a towel after? Will it shrink alot in the waist?

Im worried cause I dont have alot of experience with naked and famous. I sized down 2 and I dont want my waist to get any tighter
soak then hem
then see how much more you want to hem by maybe you might like it after the soak and save yourself eight bucks.
February 11, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
F/22

Super cold or hot? The length will shrink that much? The only reason I dont wanna soak is because I dont want the denim to turn softer. Also How long should I soak? 30 mins? do I try it down with a towel after? Will it shrink alot in the waist?

Im worried cause I dont have alot of experience with naked and famous. I sized down 2 and I dont want my waist to get any tighter
it wont become soft
if its your first soak really when it becomes damp itll actually be hard and stiff. Soaking isnt a bad thing.

soak for at least 30minutes hotter it is the more inseam will shrink(take in consideration of your waist too) colder will be less shrinkage.

You could take your jeans and hang dry them.
or
wear them for a while then when they are damp just hang dry.
February 11, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
MJUsher

Does it shrink in the waist alot? If it does then there is no point in sizing down correct, or does it stretch back out after a while?
it wont become soft
if its your first soak really when it becomes damp itll actually be hard and stiff. Soaking isnt a bad thing.

soak for at least 30minutes hotter it is the more inseam will shrink(take in consideration of your waist too) colder will be less shrinkage.

You could take your jeans and hang dry them.
or
wear them for a while then when they are damp just hang dry.
February 11, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
F/22

Does it shrink in the waist alot? If it does then there is no point in sizing down correct, or does it stretch back out after a while?

itll stretch back out
sanforized denim usually shrinks to .5inches according to most sites.
February 11, 2009 @ 05:23 PM
seattle IMP 08

haha i like your avatar a lot for some reason
February 11, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
FishAreNurses

So my true waist is 26.5", right below the ribcage, obviously I wouldn't wear my denim this high. My low cut (inch or two below navel) measurement is 29"... I'm not sure which I should size down from, can anyone provide insight?

Please login first to reply.