Small DENIM Questions Thread

Feb 02, 2009 @ 21:21
What denim brands use white thread on their selvedge line?

^I mean, besides skull jeans^

Skull jeans uses a yellow thread.

Theres to many jeans that use selvedge with any kind of thread to be mentioned

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Feb 02, 2009 @ 23:28
So how should I put these 1947s away for the night? I know most of you just throw them around which would make sense in the creases I'm assuming. But some also actually hand them up?

instagram: prxsh

Feb 02, 2009 @ 23:32
take a pin and put it on the wall, put your belt loop on it and hang

or toss them on the ground

or fold them and just leave them

nothings bad with any of the ways

Feb 02, 2009 @ 23:36
Alright, gracias Tech.

...Once I get a camera I may have a few more questions because tghe fit looks a bit wierd near the hips and all. :B

instagram: prxsh

Feb 03, 2009 @ 00:23
I use this super awesome coat hanger, that I took from a hotel, it looks like mahogany or some shit. Well, I put a nail in the wall and put my jeans around the coat hanger from the inside.

Coat hanger goes inside the jeans the waist hugs on the coathangers arms.
Feb 03, 2009 @ 02:34
^
it's not a bad thing, it's just water. the only thing you have to worry about is that water removes the starch and abraded indigo. other than that, nothing else. you'll just loose the sheen if its sanforized and probably loose a little indigo, nothing drastic.

ok thanks. but will it remove all the creases i left like the honeycombs and whiskers?
Feb 03, 2009 @ 11:28
^if you have been wearing them for long enough, and judging by the stretching you probably have...you don't need to worry about losing them. some may flatten out, but you will get them back eventually, some creases stay set in. if it fits you as loose as you say, just soak and wear em in again.
Feb 03, 2009 @ 11:49
New to raw denim and stf. Looking to get Levis 501 stf. My waist size in 514s are 29 and 30. What size should I get? 30x34? or size up?
Thanks.
Feb 03, 2009 @ 15:28
what kind of levis is jeezy wearing in this video? go to 3:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvJ-N26tA8
Feb 03, 2009 @ 19:08
what is Selvage denim ??
Feb 03, 2009 @ 20:16
New to raw denim and stf. Looking to get Levis 501 stf. My waist size in 514s are 29 and 30. What size should I get? 30x34? or size up?
Thanks.

30 or 31 would be fine

Feb 03, 2009 @ 20:17
Skull jeans uses a yellow thread.

Oh shit, i think im blind lmao
Feb 03, 2009 @ 20:17
Feb 03, 2009 @ 22:08
30 or 31 would be fine

Thanks.
Feb 04, 2009 @ 01:02
is it a bad thing to soak your jeans often? how does it affect it if any? been wearing my jims but it got kinda loose for my liking, especially around the but area so was thinking to soak them again to shrink them

^
it's not a bad thing, it's just water. the only thing you have to worry about is that water removes the starch and abraded indigo. other than that, nothing else. you'll just loose the sheen if its sanforized and probably loose a little indigo, nothing drastic.

i also asked this question at a forum on mynudies.com and this is the answer i got:

I will give you a simple answer; yes. My friend has a 2 year old pair of jeans he hasnt washed but he has soaked once every month - IT still looks lke he washed them and the fading contrast isnt as deep. If you want intense contrast fades, avoid H20 as much as possible.

Well if you soak em and they will shrink..they will stretch back out ;)

so i'm getting totally 2 different answers, any help?
Feb 04, 2009 @ 01:06
well soaking or washing every week isn't a bad thing...it's just that many denim fans prefer to hold out touching any water for more contrast fading.
Feb 04, 2009 @ 01:11
some dye is gonna escape each time you soak.
Feb 04, 2009 @ 10:14
Feb 04, 2009 @ 16:40
I want to taper my apc ns and i've heard from sufu that studio kim is great but sydneys is the only place that can chain stitch. Has anyone had any experience from any of these tailors?
Feb 04, 2009 @ 16:56
I want to taper my apc ns and i've heard from sufu that studio kim is great but sydneys is the only place that can chain stitch. Has anyone had any experience from any of these tailors?

check here, i've been wondering too blushing

http://my.hypebeast.com/showthread.php?t=97543
Feb 04, 2009 @ 17:03
considering the quality and fit comparing Nudies and APC which pair of jeans fit like Levis 511 and which has better quality?
Feb 04, 2009 @ 17:08
APC New Cure or Petite

Feb 04, 2009 @ 17:23
APCs are not chainstitched yet selvage. They fade relatively well.
Nudies are chainstitched but not selvage (with the exception of a few models). They fade ok; i haven't seen a pair that's been well faded in awhile.

If you decide to get Nudies, possibly look into Grim Tims or Slim Jims. Size true to waist or down 1" at most. HEAH!!
Feb 04, 2009 @ 17:54
yea i know what you mean. got the dry blacks so their ain't gonna be any fading for a long time anyways haha
Feb 04, 2009 @ 18:09
sorry if this isn't necessarily a denim question, but anyone know how to size bdu's so that they don't look OD baggy? for example, parachute pants? i want a plain straight fit like normal chinos. ive looked at the propper site and im looking at the XS which fits waist 23-27 and small which fits 27-31. im around 28-29 in. trying to avoid that hip flare that comes with adjustable waists, i know they fit baggy and was wondering if it would be a smart idea to size down to the XS.
Feb 05, 2009 @ 00:38
APCs are not chainstitched yet selvage. They fade relatively well.
Nudies are chainstitched but not selvage (with the exception of a few models). They fade ok; i haven't seen a pair that's been well faded in awhile.

If you decide to get Nudies, possibly look into Grim Tims or Slim Jims. Size true to waist or down 1" at most. HEAH!
the only good fades i see are usually on regular ralfs
Feb 05, 2009 @ 13:43
i need a straight fit in the thighs
with a slight taper
suggestions?

i really like my f380's and would like a similar fit just with a bit of a taper
Feb 05, 2009 @ 14:06
f310s or 1001s? they're not tapered, but fit slimmer.

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

Feb 05, 2009 @ 15:15
yeah...i was thinking about it. the f310's are only about an inch slimmer in the thighs...i was kind of wanting to fux with a different brand though...im still open to suggestions...
as far as quality and fades go its skulls>sammies right?
Feb 05, 2009 @ 15:53
How much do the Samurai S710 shrink in the thigh post-soak (i assume about .5 inches) and how much will they stretch after several wears?
Please login first to reply.