Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 23, 2009 @ 01:50 AM
soulamazing.

I got you hype cool

- Hot water 30mins, more if you feel like it but its not that necessary.
- Slightly, nothing significant.
- Temporary, it may stretch back out after 3 weeks or so
- It wont remove fades, I don't know what you really mean, because fading is natural.

Word, you come with the denumz halp once again, my viet dude. Good looks. Is there any way to make the shrinking permanent? The fit on my 511's are pretty baggy.
Maybe he means that he's worried that whatever fades he's got going will be ruined?

Hit the nail on the head, there, buddy.
In that case, no. smile

Word, word. Cool. Again, thanks a lot for the halp guiz. Much appreciated.
January 23, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
Technique

Is there any way to make the shrinking permanent? The

No chance..its natural for denim to stretch you cant really prevent it, only "stun it" for a while

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

January 23, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
soulamazing.

No chance..its natural for denim to stretch you cant really prevent it, only "stun it" for a while

sad Thanks a lot, though, Tech. One last thing, and that's it. Is it okay to just put hot water in a bucket and soak my denim in there, or is it imperative that you soak the denim in a bathtub?
January 23, 2009 @ 11:07 PM
Technique

As long as your entire jean is submerged in water your good, so a bucket could work

January 23, 2009 @ 11:11 PM
soulamazing.

As long as your entire jean is submerged in water your good, so a bucket could work

Cool. smile

And for like the fourth time, thanks a lot my dude. You have saved my denumz.
January 24, 2009 @ 10:22 PM
soulamazing.

Alright, so I just got done soaking my jawns in a bucket in my bathtub for around 33 mins. I took them out, and the water that it was in was yellow. Is this a good sign?

Someone told me to not squeeze the water out, but to let them hang on the railing. I tried that and there was a puddle in a few seconds on the floor. Is it okay if I just let them rest on a stool inside the bathtub?

EDIT: How long will it take for them to dry?
January 24, 2009 @ 11:31 PM
dartisback

So my Grim Tim Organic Dry Nudies are a bit looser than I want them in the waist and thigh due to stretching... I already gave them a soak in slightly hot water and hung them to dry but that didn't really help too much... should I throw them into the dryer or will that totally mess up the raw denim?
January 24, 2009 @ 11:59 PM
bouillabaisse

How exactly do I go about changing my username?
January 25, 2009 @ 12:28 AM
STNDRD

I have a pair of nudies that i dont really wear anymore because they dont fit great, they kinda have hip flair and then they dont fade well. If i soak them should this change?
January 25, 2009 @ 01:20 AM
Technique

Itll get rid of the hip flare for probably a week until it comes back, it could possibly help fading because it might lift off some startch or dirt.

January 25, 2009 @ 01:22 AM
Technique

Alright, so I just got done soaking my jawns in a bucket in my bathtub for around 33 mins. I took them out, and the water that it was in was yellow. Is this a good sign?

Someone told me to not squeeze the water out, but to let them hang on the railing. I tried that and there was a puddle in a few seconds on the floor. Is it okay if I just let them rest on a stool inside the bathtub?

EDIT: How long will it take for them to dry?

If its yellow water your fine, its most likely the starch. Letting them rest inside on the bathtub is fine, doing outside just makes it faster becuase there's wind and sun and yea

January 25, 2009 @ 01:22 AM
Technique

So my Grim Tim Organic Dry Nudies are a bit looser than I want them in the waist and thigh due to stretching... I already gave them a soak in slightly hot water and hung them to dry but that didn't really help too much... should I throw them into the dryer or will that totally mess up the raw denim?

Itll make your denim dramatically softer, it will shrink them but since nudies are sanforized they wont shrink significantly.

January 25, 2009 @ 01:23 AM
Technique

How exactly do I go about changing my username?

PM Naked Pimp.

This is the denim section, that question relates nothing to denim. If you have a question like that please PM a Mod.

January 25, 2009 @ 01:54 AM
F/22

what are knee stacks? according to the last few posters its a bad thing to not sag denim? does it matter if you sag new denim or not?
January 25, 2009 @ 02:08 AM
Technique

what are knee stacks? according to the last few posters its a bad thing to not sag denim? does it matter if you sag new denim or not?

Its when you stand up and your knee folds as if it was stacks, its not a big deal i dont know why some take it as it is.

Sagging denim can give you hip flare and diaper ass, both look terrible imo.

It doesn't matter if you sag new denim, its your jeans, its your fit.

January 25, 2009 @ 02:33 AM
alexhoang

so i have been wearing my apc's NC for alittle over 3 monthes. I have some nice whiskers on the right side of my jeans but for some reason on the left side they are barely coming in and so my jeans look very asymetrical. is there a way to speed up the fading of whiskers on that side that would look natural?

So far i have resorted to sitting in class and on occassion pinching the fold to hopefully get some fades in
January 25, 2009 @ 02:42 AM
Technique

so i have been wearing my apc's NC for alittle over 3 monthes. I have some nice whiskers on the right side of my jeans but for some reason on the left side they are barely coming in and so my jeans look very asymetrical. is there a way to speed up the fading of whiskers on that side that would look natural?

So far i have resorted to sitting in class and on occassion pinching the fold to hopefully get some fades in

You cant expect your jeans to be perfectly symmetrical. There is no way to fake natural fading, its almost always unreal and obvious. Your being impatient and if you cant take the characteristics of fading raw denim then don't wear it.

Pinching will get you no where, and you probably look really weird pinching your creases while sitting.

January 25, 2009 @ 02:58 AM
soulamazing.

Tech, I've been getting impatient on my jawns. I've been waiting on them for approximately 4 hours and 18 minutes, and they're still pretty damp. How much longer should I wait? sad
January 25, 2009 @ 03:06 AM
Technique

Its most definitely going to take a while considering the jeans are inside, and its night. You'll just have to wait till tomorrow...good luck

January 25, 2009 @ 03:11 AM
soulamazing.

Its most definitely going to take a while considering the jeans are inside, and its night. You'll just have to wait till tomorrow...good luck

Alright, cool, thanks a lot Tech. b(^.^ )z
January 25, 2009 @ 04:15 AM
pure.simplicity

whoa, thought it was just me. mine does the same thing. but I think it's because i cross my right leg more often than I do with my left.
January 25, 2009 @ 10:32 AM
dartisback

Oh ok, thanks for the help Technique
January 25, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
STNDRD

How do i soak them? just in a tub of warm water or do i wear them in the soak?
January 25, 2009 @ 02:32 PM
Technique

How do i soak them? just in a tub of warm water or do i wear them in the soak?

Fill up the tub with whatever temperature water, put your jeans in, put some filled water bottles on top of them so they get fully emerged, and wait. Take them out, hang dry them, and wait. Don't wear them while in the soaking process..

January 26, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
SEToverSet

what fits slimmer apc new cure sized down 1 or apc petit standard sized down two?
January 26, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
BackLike45'

^^ not sure, but probably the new cures because of its more noticeable taper. and depends on your build too. my friend woudldn't even touch the new cures after he tried on the ps sized down one. what kind of fit are you looking for?
January 27, 2009 @ 01:18 AM
SEToverSet

^^ not sure, but probably the new cures because of its more noticeable taper. and depends on your build too. my friend woudldn't even touch the new cures after he tried on the ps sized down one. what kind of fit are you looking for?

looking for a fit a bit slimmer than levis 511 after they've stretched out. I'm 5'8", 130 athletic/slim build.
January 27, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
MJUsher

why does everyone have 7fam, diesel, true religion and RR? They arent raw?
January 27, 2009 @ 11:47 PM
BackLike45'

^^ new cures stretched out look like 511s stretched out. i own both. go with the ps if you got monster calves though.
January 27, 2009 @ 11:54 PM
BackLike45'

why does everyone have 7fam, diesel, true religion and RR? They arent raw?

i don't quite see where your question is, but those companies do make raw "denim." and they are worn by everyone because they are readily available to the masses at so called "high end" stores like neiman marcus. they think its "rare" and no one else can cawp.

Please login first to reply.