Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 29, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
filipin0y

ah im not diggin the 4001bk. the thigh and the leg opening are too big.
do you have any other jeans you wanna recomend?
June 29, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
Technique

hmm all I could find are somets 018 slim fit black, they look pretty appealing, good construction, check them out and see if you like them. I compared the measurements and they are pretty close with the shearers

blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3332&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

June 30, 2008 @ 07:49 AM

Does hot soaking clean your jeans as well as machinewashing them? What are the pros and cons of Soak/machinewash?
July 1, 2008 @ 06:21 PM
coogi

any ideas
July 1, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
coogi

im new 2 the whole denim thing but i got some reg 501 stf i want maximum fade wit minimum shrinkage wut should be my best bet cold water first then dip in hot water for few min or wut???
July 1, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
Stark

im new 2 the whole denim thing but i got some reg 501 stf i want maximum fade wit minimum shrinkage wut should be my best bet cold water first then dip in hot water for few min or wut???

Minimum shrinkage - Cold water
Maximum fade WITH minimum shrinkage - Cold water, and wear the jeans A LOT.

If you want to lose a lot of dye without too much shrinkage, you should just move the jeans a lot during the initial soak. Shake up some dye from it.
July 2, 2008 @ 01:48 PM
Calborn

Anyone make their own homeade starch?
If you do, how do you make it?
And how do you apply it?

And do you iron the jeans after?

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

July 2, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
STNDRD

I'm planning on getting a pair of new standards eventually, and i was wondering i read in some magizine you could get some fabric sewn in to replace the tape. Is this necessary and or recommended?
July 2, 2008 @ 08:30 PM
Technique

about 2 weeks

July 3, 2008 @ 05:38 AM
zyezye

this isnt really a question but more for people who wanna start of with their new denim

wear'em and ride a bike. i learned that today when i was wearing a new pair of denim to buy a bike and i was riding it for a good hour, next thing you know i got whiskers that took me a good week for my 501s to get.
July 3, 2008 @ 02:03 PM
Technique

you guys go for to much to get whiskers / combs. you dont need to drop money just for new raw denim. just wear them they are just jeans you dont need to go out and ride a bike for hours so you can get results

July 3, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
AntonyT

All this denim talk go me curious..
Where can I get some raw denim levi 501's??

Plus, anyone know of any dope shop spots in colorado springs?
Thanks
July 3, 2008 @ 02:12 PM
Pilot.

Just google LEVI 501 STF on the internet and you'll find some stores.

www.sheplers.com/mens/classic_fit_jeans/010022.html
JC Penny's have them too.
merveyns does too. Just not sure if it's in your area.
July 3, 2008 @ 02:12 PM
ptoing

Just google LEVI 501 STF on the internet and you'll find some stores.

www.sheplers.com/mens/classic_fit_jeans/010022.html
JC Penny's have them too.
merveyns does too. Just not sure if it's in your area.

If you want LVC, go to cultizm.com
July 3, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
zyezye

you guys go for to much to get whiskers / combs. you dont need to drop money just for new raw denim. just wear them they are just jeans you dont need to go out and ride a bike for hours so you can get results

lol i wasnt even thinkin about my jeans when i was riding the bike, i just noticed it when i was done test riding it. plus going on a dirt path in jeans = not so fun, the denim restricted my legs from moving certain angles.
July 4, 2008 @ 03:07 PM
OneEyeWilly

is it better 2 soak pbjs or no?
July 4, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
Silence

You have to soak them.

/

July 5, 2008 @ 01:48 AM
Technique

Theres one wash PBj's.

July 6, 2008 @ 11:44 AM
STNDRD

Does anything happen to white tees if worn with raw denim?
July 6, 2008 @ 12:44 PM
Stark

Does anything happen to white tees if worn with raw denim?

The dye rubs off on the insides of the tee.
Even worse when either the denim or the tee is wet.
July 8, 2008 @ 12:11 AM
da_415_native

I got some newb questions, so please be patient.

How do you measure the rise, thigh, and knee of a certain pair of jeans?

I'm thinking of buying some APC NC, how much can they stretch?
July 8, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
Silence

Measurement Guide.

And yes, APC's stretch a good amount.

/

July 8, 2008 @ 12:44 AM
jjtolson

What kind of shoes are these? they have swoosh sign but i cant tell what they are
sneakerobsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/nike-dunk-notebook.jpg

thanks!
July 8, 2008 @ 12:50 AM
da_415_native

Distort- Thanks for the link! I was really looking for someting like this!
July 8, 2008 @ 07:15 AM
ThizIsIt

Got these Triko raw selvedge jeans but they look kinda funny to me. I think they are a too baggy below the knee (already soaked em once) and they don't stack well (as you can see, it's also not the shoe--they stack the same on my sneakers, in the inseam too short for them to stack better? Maybe is the opening to wideconfused.

Any general advice on how to make these jeans look better?
July 8, 2008 @ 08:19 AM
adrian

The hem opening might be too big. Usually when jeans are tapered (small hem opening), then the stacking looks better.

My advice would be to just wear in your jeans. Jeans always look better after they've been worn in and adjust to your body.
July 8, 2008 @ 08:34 AM
MonkeyFresh

sneakerobsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/nike-dunk-notebook.jpg

thanks!

Those are Note Book Dunks... terribly ugly imho
but yea they are Nike Dunks
btw wrong subforums, try asking in the nike shoe subforum nt lol denim reigns supreme here cool
July 9, 2008 @ 12:52 AM
ateeeewuh.

Hey guys

Just bought a pair of slim jims, sz 33. they fit perfect in the waist, but I was wondering how much they will shrink, I would prefer if i shrunk them as much as possible, or should i just size down? thanks
July 9, 2008 @ 01:24 AM
MonkeyFresh

Got these Triko raw selvedge jeans but they look kinda funny to me. I think they are a too baggy below the knee (already soaked em once) and they don't stack well (as you can see, it's also not the shoe--they stack the same on my sneakers, in the inseam too short for them to stack better? Maybe is the opening to wideconfused.

Any general advice on how to make these jeans look better?

Hey guys

Just bought a pair of slim jims, sz 33. they fit perfect in the waist, but I was wondering how much they will shrink, I would prefer if i shrunk them as much as possible, or should i just size down? thanks

Last post b4 bed lol

Thisizit: I'm gonna be honest man the quality on those jeans (or many other "street wear" brands ie: The Hundreds, Crooks and Castles, et al.) is at best mediocre... I do however believe in "If you wear it, it will fade," so do go ahead, It would be interesting to see a pair like yours faded but only time (and persistence on your part) can tell. My suggestion for better stacks/fades though is
1) Buy a new pair of jeans, A.P.C., Levi's STF (Or any raw pair, i saw some 511's raw at Urban Outfitters If you want some skinnys for a good price), Uniqlo RS are great options
2) Try getting it tapered at your local Dry Cleaners, there are usually services like that, Perhaps get it tapered from the knee (or from the waist, they look good on the waist although idk how those will stretch... use your discretion on this one) to about 22cm (8.5 inch) in the leg hole, Might run you about $16-$20 something bucks, I wouldn't pay over $20 though... It may ruin the selvage but eh, I'd much rather a pair of jeans with great fit then fuss over selvage ya know? (Or you can try asking the tailor if they can taper using whichever seam doesn't have the selvage on it, doesn't hurt to try lol)

six oh foh: If they're good in the waist then keep em, don't size down... Nudies aren't known for quality... but if you like the jeans who really cares? (watch out for crotch blows, Nudies are notorious for this...)
For shrinkage I'd try a Hot Soak (good to get rid of starch too, lets the jeans fall naturally and is healthy for the fabric), Fill your tub up with Hot water, throw the jeans in, let them sit for about an hour (45 min is all you need but the extra 15 doesn't hurt) Nudies aren't known for indigo retention either... (quite the opposite actually) but I wouldn't worry about losing too much indigo... like i said "If you wear it it will fade" but if you would rather stay on the safe side... cold or warm soak will do just fine aswell...

Till 2morrow lmao (i stay up on this shit way too much suprised cool)
July 9, 2008 @ 12:30 PM
Chef Raekwon

Best raw for under $50?? Ive got STF but I bought them bigger than i wanted cuz they were my first pair, and i didnt know how bulky they were. I want something slim but long in length for stacks. Any help?

Please login first to reply.