August 13, 2007 @ 09:19 PM
tsenre

i've searched a bit but havent quite found out a single good how-to-starch-your jeans guide. how do you prepare the starch mixture, and do you just add it into a spray bottle and apply to desired areas? how do i prepare a good mixture. thanks
August 14, 2007 @ 05:55 AM
b3ans

Fake Evisus.
Hey, I live in New Zealand, so its kind of hard to get 'Proper' denim here. Evisus (Which I like) retail for $300NZ so around $220US. But are there such things as fake Evisus? On my local internet trade site they are selling for around $100NZ so $70US.

These are definitly fake right. Theres a fuckton of Fape on this site, and theres noway they could be this cheap.

Heres a link

www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchType=0153-0438-3726-&searchString=evisu&x=0&y=0&searchRegion=100&type=Search

It would probably be better if I order online for Nudies or Diors or something right, cut my losses and pay heaps for shipping.

Cheers

Ken
August 14, 2007 @ 06:30 AM
YOYOYO

r public label denim any good? i hafnt had time to check these out in person... so can anyone tell me if they are worth picking up / true to size thanks
August 14, 2007 @ 07:05 AM
CHEEP

i've searched a bit but havent quite found out a single good how-to-starch-your jeans guide. how do you prepare the starch mixture, and do you just add it into a spray bottle and apply to desired areas? how do i prepare a good mixture. thanks

just buy spray starch... and spray it on. it isnt good for your jeans tho.
Hey, I live in New Zealand, so its kind of hard to get 'Proper' denim here. Evisus (Which I like) retail for $300NZ so around $220US. But are there such things as fake Evisus? On my local internet trade site they are selling for around $100NZ so $70US.

These are definitly fake right. Theres a fuckton of Fape on this site, and theres noway they could be this cheap.

Heres a link

www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchType=0153-0438-3726-&searchString=evisu&x=0&y=0&searchRegion=100&type=Search

It would probably be better if I order online for Nudies or Diors or something right, cut my losses and pay heaps for shipping.

Cheers

Ken

they are fake. youre in new zealand, and so is my favorite independent jeans man, Ande Whall. check out his stuff.
August 14, 2007 @ 07:15 AM
b3ans

Will do, cheers mate. Need to hit up the Boutiques!

Ken
August 14, 2007 @ 07:21 AM
CHEEP

Ande is on here... shoot him a pm.
August 14, 2007 @ 04:46 PM
tsenre

just buy spray starch... and spray it on. it isnt good for your jeans tho.

spray starch? i guess im a big noob hah. to my understanding you just mixed it yourself with hot water and corn starch in a spray bottle. i'm only looking to starch some on the honeycomb area, the jeans are low quality but i loved the fit, not too worried about damaging them. im not looking for fades really, i just like the honeycomb folds.

EDIT: did some searching, and some sites say 1 tblspoon of corn starch + 1 pint of cold water, while others say 1 tblespoon of corn starch + 1 cup of cold water, then added to 2 quarts of boiling water. what is the best mixture? i will probably try this on older jeans but any help on mixing would be nice.
August 14, 2007 @ 05:51 PM
Peter Suh

I think it's too much trouble for what you're trying to go for. If you really want your honeycombs to be more pronounced.. wet them with plain water and sit down with your legs folded until it dries (watch a movie, play video games or surf the web.. whatever). Trust me.

Starch is going to build up and collect krud.
August 14, 2007 @ 06:20 PM
tsenre

^yeah i'm concerned about the starch building up. i think im just going to do a quick mix and spray on my STFs, see how it turns out. they are a terrible fit anyways, but i think its worth a try. starch is used on more than just jeans, so im sure it is fairly effective for it to be used to regularly on clothing. thanks for the help
August 14, 2007 @ 06:26 PM
Peter Suh

^Post pics before/after.. you may help future posters!
August 14, 2007 @ 08:25 PM
tsenre

too late for photos on this pair, if it turns out okay i will document it on my new pair i plan to do. all i did was mix 500ml cold water, a tablespoon of corn starch, stir and pour into a spray bottle. i applied it to my denim like you would with store bought starch. im waiting for it to dry.
August 14, 2007 @ 09:47 PM
pachucasunrise

sup

im ordering me a pair of SExIH's soon and i was wondering if i should soak them or not. what does soaking help for? if i should soak should it be done in cold or hot water etc... im clueless on this soaking shit, haha.

I'm planning on buying these jeans some time soon as well, and from what I've read, it seems like they are sanforized, and don't shrink much when they are soaked. I guess you could soak them in the future, if the waist stretches out too much, or if you plan on getting them hemmed.
August 14, 2007 @ 11:03 PM
GOAT

wrong thread, my bad.
August 15, 2007 @ 07:07 AM
Mr Chubbs

Is raw denim stronger then normal denim? Because when i wear jeans for a long period of time they get holes and shit in a snap. Im just wondering because im thinkin of finally buying some raw denim, i dont wanna drop an assload of money that will get all fucked.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

August 15, 2007 @ 07:27 AM
CHEEP

all denim starts off raw... and fades with wear. if you have pre faded jeans they have wear on them, wether from wearing them or the washing process tha the manufacturer puts them thru... so id say most of the time raw is stronger just because it is less worn. of course you also have to take denim weight, tightness of weave, raw materials quality, construction, etc, into consideration.........
August 15, 2007 @ 07:30 AM
Mr Chubbs

Alright man thanks a ton!
One more question though...why do raw jeans like say.. raw levi's cost more then normal levi's if they're basically the same thing, just dont have as much wear on them?

www.totallyfoolproof.com

August 15, 2007 @ 07:36 AM
CHEEP

thats just levis, and its because they use a higher grade denim and better construction on the STF than on regular levis models. if you look at most good denim you will pay alot more for a distressed model... sometimes 100-200 more.
August 15, 2007 @ 07:41 AM
Mr Chubbs

Yessss haha thanks alot man. Im deff gonna look around for some raw shit now.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

August 16, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
Peter Suh

^True! Prewashed PRPS/Edwins can run $300 and up! But they have some real quality washes. Spellbound has some of the most realistic washes..
August 16, 2007 @ 10:46 AM
CHEEP

warehouse has the best washes in the industry in my opinion... of course, the washed cost 150 more than raw at blue in green
warehouse:
August 16, 2007 @ 11:03 AM
Peter Suh

Warehouse is very nice! Are they together with Doubleworks? Spellbound under
August 16, 2007 @ 11:41 AM
CHEEP

warehouse makes dubbleworks... dubbleworks is a lower priced line, but still very nice.
August 16, 2007 @ 01:05 PM
FFent Freelanc

figure here is more checked than the levis thread so here we go....

got some STFs the other day and im ready to shrink them but i dont want TOO much shrinking because my usual jean length is 34 (im 6"3) and ill be damned if i can find an inseam of 36 anywhere so i had to get 34s, and the waist is a little loose by about an inch, so im feeling like a cold soak non-wearing makes sense, but im also considering a pretty warm soak WHILE WEARING in the tub does that make any sense?
what do you guys think? i did a search and people dont seem to ever be clear about the temp of soak and wether or not you should wear them or just soak them...
what can you guys recommend?
August 16, 2007 @ 01:07 PM
CHEEP

those are gonna shrink down to a 31 or 32 as soon as you soak them hot or cold.
August 16, 2007 @ 02:52 PM
Envy

2 quick questions.

one is there any good online stores carrying thin fin nudies? im having trouble finding some none of them are raw and are like stretch or washed.

second what pants have that little line on inside of the pocket that looks like an EKG line?

any help be great.
August 16, 2007 @ 03:09 PM
lecruciverbiste

Which online stores currently sells prps ? I'm used to buy them on newton store; but most of them are sold out these days...
August 16, 2007 @ 03:23 PM
Peter Suh

I think most Nudies online are sold here: LINK and LINK

The EKG line is either TheHundreds or PRPS

PRPS online at LINK
August 16, 2007 @ 04:33 PM
Envy

I think most Nudies online are sold here: LINK and LINK

The EKG line is either TheHundreds or PRPS

PRPS online at LINK

ok thanks a ton.
August 17, 2007 @ 12:14 AM
FFent Freelanc

figure here is more checked than the levis thread so here we go....

got some STFs the other day and im ready to shrink them but i dont want TOO much shrinking because my usual jean length is 34 (im 6"3) and ill be damned if i can find an inseam of 36 anywhere so i had to get 34s, and the waist is a little loose by about an inch, so im feeling like a cold soak non-wearing makes sense, but im also considering a pretty warm soak WHILE WEARING in the tub does that make any sense?
what do you guys think? i did a search and people dont seem to ever be clear about the temp of soak and wether or not you should wear them or just soak them...
what can you guys recommend?

those are gonna shrink down to a 31 or 32 as soon as you soak them hot or cold.

ARE they avaliable in a 34 x 36, ive never seen that size anywhere......and i guess i gotta deal with it, so what kinda soak should i do? cold while wearing? or what? i wanna reduce the inseam shrinking but the fit through the legs is WAYY too big, so i guess ill have to take the L on the length for a better overall fit - so what temp soak and to wear or not?

EDIT: did a little searching and yea i guess they seem to go up to a 40 in length but i cant find a 36 length for sale anywhere.... =(
nvm found em haha thanks! but i cant return what i bought so what soak should i go through?
August 17, 2007 @ 03:00 AM
L

Do you think he should buy some new jeans?

Please login first to reply.