Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 30, 2008 @ 09:01 AM
epic

I'm looking into getting a pair of the sexfh05bk and have a couple questions

I never have owned a pair of flat heads so I have no idea how they fit, if I wear a 36 in nudies, a few diff pairs minus the slim jims, what size should I get in the flat heads

I seen in another post where they were pretty big on people, I want them to fit a little more on the slim side, but nothing tight, on selfedge it says a 36 is 39.5 in the waist, and a 33 is a 36.5

I know about sizing down and all, but I've read the black tends to run a bit bigger

any help would be appreciated, thanks
April 30, 2008 @ 10:13 AM
epic

so say I stay true to size, given I wear a 36 in nudies, I should be good with a 33 in the sexfh? 36.5 should be good right? Just curious, 300+ is a lot to drop on some jeans I've never tried on

And thanks for the help
April 30, 2008 @ 10:17 AM

Inactive

No, you have to account for shrinking. I'd go with 35 or 36. Are you sure you want to get these though? Slim jeans usually don't look on big guys like you.
April 30, 2008 @ 10:37 AM
epic

They don't look that slim, like really slim, I've read the thread when they first dropped and people were posting pics of them and they really werent all that slim I'd say, like super slim

I like my nudies how they fit, but once the jeans get around the knee they are a little big, I want jeans with a smaller leg opening, and are generally slim all the way down, I wouldn't say I'm real big, tall yea, just when I see these flat heads I want them more and more

And a 36 in the jeans is listed as 39.5 in the waist, which is way big, I know shrinking will occur, but will they shrink that much, almost 4" in the waist?
April 30, 2008 @ 11:13 AM

Inactive

Hmmm so you're a true 36 waist? Then go for the 35s. Just try them on before you determine whether you want a hot soak, cold soak, hot wash, etc...
April 30, 2008 @ 12:08 PM
epic

cool ill try that then, thanks for all the help again
April 30, 2008 @ 07:11 PM
traCk.

There's a pretty big difference though. I just received my 0500-10SPs yesterday and I really like them.

hows the fit on those, semi-slim but straight? and did you size down on them?
May 1, 2008 @ 06:15 AM

Inactive

I really like the fit and supposedly there's a slightly tapered. They fit smaller than my 5000BKs but Samurais stretch a good load so I'd say size down 1.
May 2, 2008 @ 12:08 PM
1000lbs

X-posted from the fit thread.

A quick question for Sam 710 owners. Did you guys buy true to size? If so, was it not brutal around the waist after the soak? Just need a bit of advice before I pull the trigger.
May 2, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
SSBSTS

go up 1 from your normal size on the new 710s.
May 2, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
samtrinh

this is a really general question.. but when your in the store and your looking through the jeans..how can you tell for sure if its raw or not? does it have to say somewhere that its unwashed? does it solely rely on if its hard or not? cuz im tired of having to ask instead of figuring out myself..
May 2, 2008 @ 10:20 PM
He3B

Yo what are good types of denim Jeans, i looking for the type that wont rip that easily, they could be expensive but it has to be good quality skinny fit jeans. Any suggestions?
May 3, 2008 @ 04:17 AM

Inactive

this is a really general question.. but when your in the store and your looking through the jeans..how can you tell for sure if its raw or not? does it have to say somewhere that its unwashed? does it solely rely on if its hard or not? cuz im tired of having to ask instead of figuring out myself..

If it's not washed? I guess you're a complete dumbass noob who refuses to read so...They're really stiff and hard (usually), no fading, no washes, etc...It usually says it on the tags too.
May 3, 2008 @ 04:18 AM

Inactive

Yo what are good types of denim Jeans, i looking for the type that wont rip that easily, they could be expensive but it has to be good quality skinny fit jeans. Any suggestions?

How skinny are you looking for? If you're looking for skin tight ones, Somet makes some of the best slim cut jeans. But because of the tension in slim fit jeans, they usually rip faster than baggy jeans.
May 3, 2008 @ 07:38 AM
He3B

How skinny are you looking for? If you're looking for skin tight ones, Somet makes some of the best slim cut jeans. But because of the tension in slim fit jeans, they usually rip faster than baggy jeans.

I honestly dont know, i bought some skinny fit jeans from different places like Uniqlo and Urban outfitters, but there's something weird about how the fit looks on me. Around my crotch areas its puffs out, and its kinda tight around the area. I thought gettin a bigger waist would help but i still kinda have the same look. I have athletic legs and im sure there's skinny fit jeans out there for people with track legs like mine. SO i thought by lookin for skinny fit jeans in other places that have better quality would help a dude like me out. If ya want (which i hope ya do) i could show u pictures of how skinny fit jeans look on me.
May 3, 2008 @ 08:04 AM

Inactive

Find me a picture of a fit you like.
May 3, 2008 @ 08:37 AM
He3B

im looking for fits like these

This is how my skinny fit looks on me.

Sorry for the crazy amount of pics but im just trying to stress my point.
May 3, 2008 @ 11:11 PM
SFCA

I think APC new cures. Sized true or down one, would work best for you.

Edit:Just realized Savag3 was helpin you out and he could probably help you out more. But NC's fit similar to those fit pics.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

May 3, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
Deemy

What jeans are you wearing in those 3 pictures?
May 4, 2008 @ 09:29 AM

Inactive

Ok well, depending on how much you're willing to spend, there are lots of options. Look at Somet, APCs, Flatheads, Diors, Samurais (710), etc... I need a little more info on what you want for me to give you a specific pair.
May 4, 2008 @ 09:52 AM
He3B

What jeans are you wearing in those 3 pictures?

urban outfitters
uniqlo
uniqlo
May 4, 2008 @ 09:53 AM
He3B

I need a little more info on what you want for me to give you a specific pair.

what do u mean??
May 4, 2008 @ 01:57 PM
He3B

my measurements must've been off i need to find jeans in my right measurements. The problem is that the only brand jeans that have a measurement converter or box, are the highly priced jeans. Denim's like Uniqlo dont have a measurement box that i could look at.
May 4, 2008 @ 02:03 PM
nothinbutnikes

sorry if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you can use febreeze on your jeans when they start to smell, that way you can keep from washing them for a while longer.
May 4, 2008 @ 02:30 PM
He3B

sorry if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you can use febreeze on your jeans when they start to smell, that way you can keep from washing them for a while longer.

well ya can but the febreeze smell is gonna mix with the smell of ur jeans, and that smell aint too good. I wouldnt know what to do for now about that problem but wash them jeans. But as for next time, your best pair of jeans, dont wear them too much, wear them when once ina blue moon, and if ya keep to that you wont encounter this problem.
May 4, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
Deemy

With the denim, it also seems that it's loose in the waist and thighs so it looks unevenly proportioned.
May 5, 2008 @ 11:38 AM
traCk.

i'm very curious about visvim fluxus denim. ive been looking for a nice pre-washed pair of jeans for a while seeing as ive been going raw for too long for my liking. does anyone have any info on where i can grab some, price range and things of the like? im very interested in these particularly: www.slamxhype.com/2008/03/20/visvim-fluxus-denim-damaged-3
May 6, 2008 @ 01:18 AM
kickpush

well ya can but the febreeze smell is gonna mix with the smell of ur jeans, and that smell aint too good. I wouldnt know what to do for now about that problem but wash them jeans. But as for next time, your best pair of jeans, dont wear them too much, wear them when once ina blue moon, and if ya keep to that you wont encounter this problem.

Not to be harsh or anything, but thats wrong. Most people on hypebeast or anybody who has raw denim go 6+ months before a wash. you can febreeze them and hang them out. some people go as far as putting jeans in the freezer to kill the bacteria and whatnot that causes smell.

edit: Oh He3B, about your fit problem. Look for more low rise jeans or sag a tighter size. Like the guys said above, the thigh portions on your jeans look disproportionate to the rest of the jeans. In the fits that you liked, the guys are wearing either low rise or sagging a good amount; probably a combination of both.
May 6, 2008 @ 02:42 AM
Til I Collapse

What would happen if I bought some $300 raw denim and treated it like any other pair of jeans, ex. wearing it whenever I want, washing it whenever I want, I dunno what else. Other then wasting my money probably would the jeans actually get ruined of what would happen?
May 6, 2008 @ 08:15 AM
CHEEP

What would happen if I bought some $300 raw denim and treated it like any other pair of jeans, ex. wearing it whenever I want, washing it whenever I want, I dunno what else. Other then wasting my money probably would the jeans actually get ruined of what would happen?

if you just wear them, and wash them when you want, they will probably look like my jeans. the longest i ususally go without washing is 3 weeks, and i work in mine, skate, ride bikes, etc...

Please login first to reply.