Small DENIM Questions Thread

Sep 17, 2014 @ 06:23
Think the 301 is the best bet. And yeah I hear ya, I'm just looking for something I can daily in the winter without freezing to death.
Sep 17, 2014 @ 09:11
http://rivetandhide.com/brands/iron-heart/ih-555-01-slim-selvedge-jean.htmlhttp://

I got these recently. Currently breaking them in.  They are exactly what you described. 

These shits would survive a nuclear fallout bro. don't sleep. 
Sep 17, 2014 @ 09:40
Exactly what I was looking for, do want.
Sep 27, 2014 @ 03:30
looking to purchase another pair of jeans after beating my APC's up
the past 3-4 years now... where can I get a pair of higher quality raw
denim? looking for a slim, tapered cut similar to the petit standards from APC. i've got no hard budget, but i would prefer not to spend more
than ~$350.
Sep 27, 2014 @ 06:54
I'd look at the pair posted above.
Oct 21, 2014 @ 09:40
you can find skinny/slim fit jeans here 

http://www.boboyards.com/collections/frontpage
Oct 30, 2014 @ 05:47
(Invalid img)

Any clue as to what these might be?
Nov 04, 2014 @ 03:59
Hey Guys,

I'm considering either Samurai S710BK or Momotaro jeans. Any advice? 
Nov 06, 2014 @ 03:28
Hi, I'm looking for a tapered raw denim with a small leg opening. I hate boot cut jeans, and my current pair of unbranded jeans are really loose at the ankle. I have to do a pin roll, and they always get undone and are just a pain. So i'm looking for a quality pair of raw denim jeans with a slim fit ( not skinny) at the thighs, but get pretty tapered at the ankle. Preferably a 6- 7 inch leg opening. btw my waste size is about a 32.
Dec 05, 2014 @ 07:10
Anyone have any experience with denim by Vanquish?  I stumbled upon their ig page and love some of their fits and fades.

http://instagram.com/denimby
Jan 22, 2015 @ 21:38
Anyone in NY ever go to Denim Surgeon or Therapy? Can I bring my jeans in there and have them size me like a normal tailor would or do I need to go in with pre-measurements? 
Jan 23, 2015 @ 04:08
smh s/o to lil jumpy mane one time
Jan 25, 2015 @ 08:49
lmao @ the first rule + the recent post ITT
Jan 27, 2015 @ 21:59
gtfo with the gross ass images
Apr 06, 2015 @ 21:54
Hi Guys,

Do you think Bootcut jeans are still great to use nowadays? And what kind of tops will be much suited for this denim?

regards,
JM

bootcut jeans

Apr 20, 2015 @ 06:32
Hey all, currently have tried Nudie Thin Finn, APC PS, Unbranded Tapered, and am currently working on a pair of Naked and Famous Elephant 3 weird guys, I got a size 29 and it turned into a pretty decent slim tapered fit but I was hoping to find a skinnier but still tapered pair of raws, Looking at Blue Owl since it's near my house and was thinking of going in once I have an idea of pairs I want to try. Have a budget of 250ish give or take. Been thinking of the elephant 4 in either a smaller weird guy size like a 28 for a tighter fit or maybe even the skinny guy if that would be what I'm looking for. Currently looking for heavier denim since majority of my collection thus far has been either light or mid weight. I'd love to hear your guys's suggestion on specific pairs and sizing for them based on the current selection at Blue Owl. Also on a side note recommendations for the same kind of fit but light or mid weight to rotate between when weather requires it in the upcoming brief season of warmness. It's a secondary priority however but would still love to hear your input. Thanks in advance all! PS I'm willing to try new brands or not, just looking for the best pair for what I need.
May 14, 2015 @ 03:32
Both my apcs and my naked and famous denim are tearing at the crotch. Can I send the jeans to any tailor to get them repaired? There's no tailors in my city (Edmonton, Canada) that are specialized in dealing with denim repairs or at least any that I know of. Anyone deal with doctordenim in Toronto? I can mail my denim to them
Aug 03, 2015 @ 02:01
What up, hey, i got some ues raw denim jeans fom Japan , had them chain stitch hems for me to 83 cm came back too short, about 82cm,any one know if after several wears they will get a little longer, like 1/2 inch?
Aug 12, 2015 @ 00:42
Hi Guys,

Do you think Bootcut jeans are still great to use nowadays? And what kind of tops will be much suited for this denim?

regards,
JM
Aug 12, 2015 @ 00:46
Yup, bootcut ,( no matter what the designers try to get us to change trends just to make a buck), are still the most flattering style , and any shirt and footwear works with bootcut unlike the tapered, skinny, or what ever is the "flavor of the month" trends IMO
Aug 19, 2015 @ 16:50
Bootcut is a lame, unflattering silhouette.  Just get a straight leg if you're worried about how your denim looks with bulkier kicks.

(•_•). ( •_•)>⌐□-□. (⌐□_□)

Aug 20, 2015 @ 01:23
Bootcut is a lame, unflattering silhouette.  Just get a straight leg if you're worried about how your denim looks with bulkier kicks.

These guys are just a bunch of sheep follwing with jean makers that try make up a trend saying "bootcut is lame, or whatever tired whining statements, styles do not change, trends change, this has gone on for 50+ years and it all comes back to straight leg or boot cut,period. how can the most flattering silouette bootcut, for 50 years become unflattering ?, Bootcut and straight leg wil always look good, and, what ever YOU like is ALL what counts
Aug 20, 2015 @ 14:10

These guys are just a bunch of sheep follwing with jean makers that try make up a trend saying "bootcut is lame, or whatever tired whining statements, styles do not change, trends change, this has gone on for 50+ years and it all comes back to straight leg or boot cut,period. how can the most flattering silouette bootcut, for 50 years become unflattering ?, Bootcut and straight leg wil always look good, and, what ever YOU like is ALL what counts

Maybe you should read the whole comment--in which I recommended straight leg--before replying.

And if you're going to call someone a follower, maybe you shouldn't follow it up by describing the "50+ year" trend you are following and basing your argument around.

Aug 21, 2015 @ 02:26

Maybe you should read the whole comment--in which I recommended straight leg--before replying.

And if you're going to call someone a follower, maybe you shouldn't follow it up by describing the "50+ year" trend you are following and basing your argument around.
Aug 21, 2015 @ 02:37
Maybe you should have read that I did not say bootcut was a trend, it's a style for 50+ years
Yes, I agreed with you, that straight leg has been the main style along with bootcut not trens but a style,skinny high waist ,tapered have trended here and there during last 50 years ago too, but they then out quickly trend out, I was just refering to his question, I couldn't care less what people wear, I just wouldn't wear it myself, calm down dude,wasn't trying hurt your feelings, were talking jeans here, not politics
Aug 21, 2015 @ 10:00
Maybe you should have read that I did not say bootcut was a trend, it's a style for 50+ years
Yes, I agreed with you, that straight leg has been the main style along with bootcut not trens but a style,skinny high waist ,tapered have trended here and there during last 50 years ago too, but they then out quickly trend out, I was just refering to his question, I couldn't care less what people wear, I just wouldn't wear it myself, calm down dude,wasn't trying hurt your feelings, were talking jeans here, not politics

Lol, yeah, you really hurt my feelings over a difference of opinion on a forum.  I ain't mad, just need to clarify things for the slower readers among us.

Aug 22, 2015 @ 01:37

Lol, yeah, you really hurt my feelings over a difference of opinion on a forum.  I ain't mad, just need to clarify things for the slower readers among us.
Aug 22, 2015 @ 01:38
cool bud, peace
Aug 22, 2015 @ 04:03
Hey

MAKE BEATS MAKE LOVE PLOT RICHES

Oct 31, 2015 @ 20:17
Hi guys. Ok so I ordered these Prps Goods & Co. Ramblers online. They arrived today and I tried them on, a little tight but nothing uncomfortable. So I bent down to smooth them out, I stood back up, felt good, when suddenly I notice a tear going down the side of the pant.... I also noticed upon closer inspection that the other side too seemed on the verge of coming loose... Now I thought that maybe I did it, but I did not feel anything tearing when I put them on and even though I do workout, I still have chicken legs by anyone's view so... I guess my question is, does high end denim get damaged in the factory? Has anybody had a problem like this? Because this is crazy! Also, is it worth fixing?
Please login first to reply.