Small DENIM Questions Thread

May 21, 2013 @ 08:02
I just ordered some Japanese jeans direct from Japan, from this website OkayamaDenim.com

I got a pair of Kamikaze Attack, but they have a bunch of Momotaro and Pure Blue Japan as well.

Worth checking out!
Jun 02, 2013 @ 05:11
I'm going to buy some nudie jeans and i need to know what type of fit will look similar to his jeans?
Jun 15, 2013 @ 18:34
I just purchased my first pair of raw denim.
 - the jeans are way too long and I was thinking
about getting them hemmed.  Is there anything
specific that should be done before doing this?
Do I need to wear them for awhile before doing
the hem?
Raw denim inseams are supposed to be very long so you can create nice creases and stacks.
Jun 18, 2013 @ 01:24
I'm looking to sell a pair of Levi's Fenom hi & lo 505DISCO Takashi x Murakami x KaiKai Kiki co. 
They are in great condition, but I do not know what would be a fair price. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jun 23, 2013 @ 20:19
can anyone recommend me some light wash denim?

where the azn girls at

Jul 01, 2013 @ 05:16
I just purchased my first pair of raw denim.
 - the jeans are way too long and I was thinking
about getting them hemmed.  Is there anything
specific that should be done before doing this?
Do I need to wear them for awhile before doing
the hem?

No....you do not need to wear them or do anything before getting it hemmed...why u think that.....
Just get it hemmed to your desire length, if you want to leave a little bit of stack you can as well

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Jul 01, 2013 @ 12:57
hello guys im searching this brand/cap anyone know?

Jul 05, 2013 @ 05:17
What are some raw denim jeans that fit like Levis 510 that are under $200?
Jul 10, 2013 @ 03:02
What are some raw denim jeans that fit like Levis 510 that are under $200?
I think unbranded brand can be one of your choice. 
Jul 13, 2013 @ 03:24
What color pants go best with a grey shirts and blue shirts?

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/225355

Jul 13, 2013 @ 16:40
Originally posted by Inactive User
What color pants go best with a grey shirts and blue shirts?
denim or olive for the grey, tan for the blue 

where the azn girls at

Jul 15, 2013 @ 04:35
About to retire my petite standards soon. Im torn between buying another pair of Petite Standards or go get some 3sixteen jeans. What would you guys recommend. The thing that is making me think twice about the 3sixteen jeans is the price. Never owned a pair of 3sixteen how is the quality compared to APC.

Or any pair of jeans around the 200 range not anythin more than 250

- Thx
Jul 16, 2013 @ 14:26
never owned a pair of apcs but i just recently pulled the trigger on a pair of st100xs and im down with them. despite the heavy price i think they're worth it imo, i sized down one and they've stretched to the perfect fit ive been looking for a long time so to me it was worth the cash. the stitching and detail is on point, comes with a tanner goods leather patch and the selvedge is nice. the only thing about 3sixteens is that many of them are 37' inseam so you'll have to get them hemmed or just stack

look into other brands too like rogue territory, baldwin, japan blue etc

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

Jul 19, 2013 @ 19:27
Hey, I've had a pair of Unbranded selvedge for a couple months and made the mistake of sizing down. Are there home remedies of stretching out the waist and crotch? can I bring these into a tailor to have them add to the two areas? I've been told that this might not be possible through a seamstress but if it is, what is the process and can anyone suggest a place I can do it? I'm in Chicago, IL.
Jul 19, 2013 @ 20:21
Hey, I've had a pair of Unbranded selvedge for a couple months and made the mistake of sizing down. Are there home remedies of stretching out the waist and crotch? can I bring these into a tailor to have them add to the two areas? I've been told that this might not be possible through a seamstress but if it is, what is the process and can anyone suggest a place I can do it? I'm in Chicago, IL.
you can wet-stretch. just get the area you need to stretch damp, then wear them until they stretch.
Jul 20, 2013 @ 21:06
apc petit standards or 3sixteen ST-100x? the apc's are about 20 bucks cheaper, is the quality negligible?
Jul 20, 2013 @ 21:24
apc petit standards or 3sixteen ST-100x? the apc's are about 20 bucks cheaper, is the quality negligible?
http://well-spent.com/2012/08/15/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-denim/
give this a read and you choose.
Jul 20, 2013 @ 21:56
http://well-spent.com/2012/08/15/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-denim/
give this a read and you choose.
3sixteens it is
Jul 22, 2013 @ 23:37
Sorry if this question was asked already....Im inteinterested in buying a pair of nudies...if what fit would be the closest to weird guy fit in N&F denim
Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences
Jul 22, 2013 @ 23:45
^sorry, my laptop is acting up... To clarify, I'm looking to buy a pair of nudies that fit like weird guy n&f denim
Jul 28, 2013 @ 08:10
I've had a pair of UBs for a while, went to a Nordstrom and felt the material of a pair of APCs PS, didn't feel as sturdy as my UBs, what gives? They were $185 so they must have been the raws right?

"..wearing the usual, because why would i bother wearing something else?" - bill

Jul 29, 2013 @ 08:58
I'm looking for suggestions on my next pair of raw jeans. I'm a fairly skinny guy, about 6 feet tall so I tend towards the skinny-super skinny fits. I've had a couple of New Cures over the span of the last 5 years (they're both pretty beat up at this point) that I really enjoyed the fit on, but they are slightly out of my budget. Recently I've been buying Levi's 510s (super skinnies) which I really like the rise of and how tapered they are on the calves, but I've been looking to upgrade. I did try a pair of 21oz UB skinny legs, but I was super disappointed because the fit was too loose for my liking. I'm not sure if it was because they were the 21oz as opposed to the lighter ones though. So any suggestions on some $100-$150 pair of raw jeans that I might like?
Jul 30, 2013 @ 01:55
looking for some jeans that fit not too skinny and not too baggy and would look good with both sneakers and timbs?
please help
Aug 01, 2013 @ 17:54
Time to retire my new standards does anyone know if I went to self edge that they would have my Sexi14's in stock because online they are not.
Aug 02, 2013 @ 05:00
What is a high rise on jeans?
Aug 03, 2013 @ 20:07
I'm looking to find some alternatives to the 501s.  My budget is about $250 max.

-Cut: 501 straight, of course
-Size: I'm a 30x30 on Levi's STF, which fits perfectly after a few wears to bring the waist down.
-Color: something that isn't really saturated too blue (i definitely do not like the 501s STF indigo, it looks too blue for me.).  I've seen some people with APCs that are moderately blue, more towards gray, as shown below.
-Fly: button fly!
-Fade: I dont mind taking a while for it to fade. 
-Weight: i've never really had anything heavier than Levi's weights (12.5oz, right.  but, i can go heavier.  However, i do live in Southern California, and the weather can sometimes get pretty hot.

I took a look at Unbrandeds, and people seem to rave about them.  APCs were also another consideration.  But, I heard their quality has been poor, lately. I'm not too familiar with the japanese brands.

Thanks!

Aug 04, 2013 @ 02:23
I'm looking to find some alternatives to the 501s.  My budget is about $250 max.

-Size: I'm a 30x30 on Levi's STF, which fits perfectly after a few wears to bring the waist down.
-Color: something that isn't really saturated too blue (i definitely do not like the 501s STF indigo, it looks too blue for me.).  I've seen some people with APCs that are moderately blue, more towards gray, as shown below.
-Weight: i've never really had anything heavier than Levi's weights (12.5oz, right.  but, i can go heavier.  However, i do live in Southern California, and the weather can sometimes get pretty hot.

I took a look at Unbrandeds, and people seem to rave about them.  APCs were also another consideration.  But, I heard their quality has been poor, lately. I'm not too familiar with the japanese brands.

Thanks!

What jeans are those in the picture 
oh and try posting this on ktt cause this thread is dead 
Aug 05, 2013 @ 01:56

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can't because signups are closed, haha.

I think those were APCs when i looked.  I'm only hesitant about these as I've heard the quality became poor lately.  Any thoughts on that?
Aug 05, 2013 @ 02:27

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can't because signups are closed, haha.

I think those were APCs when i looked.  I'm only hesitant about these as I've heard the quality became poor lately.  Any thoughts on that?
Ive been looking for some APCs too but i dont want them too skinny but idk what fit I should get
I don't really know anything about APCs sorry. You should try looking at nudies they have all types of fits 
If your interested in APCs I think there is an APCs thread posting on that they'll help you out there 
Aug 05, 2013 @ 13:47
where can i get similar pants
Please login first to reply.