Small DENIM Questions Thread

Jan 14, 2013 @ 02:18
Where to find over dyed black apcs w/ red selvedge or just good black jeans in general?
Jan 14, 2013 @ 05:04
Lookin to spend around 200-300 on some denims but need some suggestions... thanks yo
Jan 16, 2013 @ 00:54
What's the exact term for indigo loss/ when it spreads onto shoes, and even my boxers tho..
possible to remove from suede?

I've heard of taping the inside of the jeans, more info? / other tips to prevent?
"Bleeding"
Definitely, just use some suede shoe cleaner (eg Jason Markk)
Taping is exactly as it sounds, take some tape (preferably wider packing tape), and tape the inner cuffs of your jeans.
No other solution to prevent bleeding (unless you cuff up so jeans don't touch shoes, or wash till no more indigo loss).

@vos15
http://tateandyoko.com/Naked-Famous-Skinny-Guy-Black-Power-Stretch.html
Is pretty popular, but no selvedge (IMO, I wouldn't be cuffing when wearing black denim though).

@BitchMob
http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1815
Will probably be my next pair. Made in 626.
or
http://www.rogueterritory.com/store/

On the higher end
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=272

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Jan 21, 2013 @ 17:20

This was on the hb sac beefin thread, but how does one achieve stacks like the dude on the left?
is it the cut of the jeans, or the time, or the length,? thanks

"..wearing the usual, because why would i bother wearing something else?" - bill

Jan 24, 2013 @ 16:55
I just got a pair of denim with creases and wax coating. Do you know if the creases would be removed if the wax coating wears out? I really don't want that to happen because I love the creased look.
Jan 25, 2013 @ 07:43
This was on the hb sac beefin thread, but how does one achieve stacks like the dude on the left?
is it the cut of the jeans, or the time, or the length,? thanks
Length, cut, and quality of denim. 
Jan 28, 2013 @ 04:31
recommendations for black jeans under $100 ? prefer tapered cut. thanks
Jan 28, 2013 @ 05:24

kb fam

Jan 28, 2013 @ 19:40
RECOMMENDATION FOR JEAN WITH WIDER KNEE

I need a jean with a knee that measures around 10" across. My knee curves more than the typical man's, I guess, because most jeans do not flatter and give this leg area a bit of a womanly profile.

The closest I've seen is the APC rescue that measures 9.75" in 35. I actually want the waist to stretch out to 35", but I understand that APCs stretch out a lot. Sizing down to 33 or 34 has 9.5" knee, but I don't think the knee will stretch out in proportion with the waist.

Any other ideas for a jean with knees close to 10"?

Thank you!
Jan 29, 2013 @ 05:12
APC can stretch 2" in waist so a 33-34 should be good for you I'd think
Jan 29, 2013 @ 06:06
How do white weft black jeans look like in real life.
All the pictures of the NS i can find look almost like indigo?
http://needsupply.com/mens/new-standard-black.html#
Jan 30, 2013 @ 18:10
Orisue or Cheap Monday?
Jan 31, 2013 @ 04:15
is there gonna be a restock on the self edge x Imperial sexi14's? if not where can i get them? would they have them at their new york store?
Feb 01, 2013 @ 03:14
So I received a pair of naked and famous from a dude he soaked them before wearing. Dumb question but should they feel soft after a soak, basically like regular washed denim? Just surprised by the texture and now it seems like it will be a lot harder to fade..?
Feb 01, 2013 @ 03:40
^ should be like cardboard man
Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:18
Buyers Help:
Uniqlo Made in Japan Selvedge or Unbranded Slim Straight Selvedge?

I've owned the Unbranded's before, but never the Uniqlo. Both are around the same price & I know the Unbranded's are heavier, but I don't really care too much about that.

Any suggestions?

GUIDE/usa www.guideusa.net

Feb 01, 2013 @ 21:08
^ MIJ for mine
Feb 03, 2013 @ 18:07
Anyone know of any denim repair mail-in services? I'm considering getting my Levi's patched up and I've only found one site.

kb fam

Feb 04, 2013 @ 15:33

Feb 04, 2013 @ 15:34

Feb 04, 2013 @ 18:15
Anyone know of any denim repair mail-in services? I'm considering getting my Levi's patched up and I've only found one site.
I believe the Denim Doctors will do repair mail-in.
Feb 15, 2013 @ 06:31
Is Self Edge ever gonna restock the sexi14's?

if not can I still get them in store?
Feb 15, 2013 @ 06:57
^ i'm pretty sure that they don't restock collabs
Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:37
Should I get the same size in 19cm Diot Homme MIJ raw that I got in my APC NS?

If not then how would sizing compare to the NS?
Feb 15, 2013 @ 21:04
I believe the Denim Doctors will do repair mail-in.
Denim Doctors did an okay job for me. I asked them to reinforce the crotch since it was wearing pretty thin, and they only did the back side. Had them for two days and the front ripped, and I wasn't about to pay another $40 because they fucked up. It also took forever; about a week longer than they had estimated. 

Alternately, you could try Denim Therapy. I've never used them, but RawrDenim had a nice write-up.
Feb 16, 2013 @ 23:14
Jeans that fit like Naked and Famous Wierd Guy?
Feb 19, 2013 @ 04:24
I want to pick up N&F Japan Heritage 2s and it says buy one size up because they're unsanforized. A tagged 28 has a 29.5" waist. So if I soak when I get them, the waist will go a 28.5" or how much will it shrink? But then would they stretch back out after wearing anyways? So wouldn't I just need to buy the size I want, not one up? A tagged 29 has a 30.5" waist, but when all is said and done after initial soak and wearing for a whille I want the waist to measure 29-29.5" because that's my true. So what tagged size should I get?

Also for unsanforized denim do the thighs, knees, and leg openings shrink too? Or just waist and inseam? If they do, how much should I expect to shrink, and will they just stretch back out anyways? Tryna make sure I get the right fit..
Feb 19, 2013 @ 05:48
has anyone used otter wax on any of there raw denim jeans to turn then into wax denim?
Feb 19, 2013 @ 06:19
^ not sure if srs
Feb 19, 2013 @ 09:15
I want to pick up N&F Japan Heritage 2s and it says buy one size up because they're unsanforized. A tagged 28 has a 29.5" waist. So if I soak when I get them, the waist will go a 28.5" or how much will it shrink? But then would they stretch back out after wearing anyways? So wouldn't I just need to buy the size I want, not one up? A tagged 29 has a 30.5" waist, but when all is said and done after initial soak and wearing for a whille I want the waist to measure 29-29.5" because that's my true. So what tagged size should I get?

Also for unsanforized denim do the thighs, knees, and leg openings shrink too? Or just waist and inseam? If they do, how much should I expect to shrink, and will they just stretch back out anyways? Tryna make sure I get the right fit..
I say you take your tts and size that down at least 1-2 sizes bruh considering that they're the weird guy fit right?
Please login first to reply.