Small DENIM Questions Thread

Jan 28, 2013 @ 19:40
RECOMMENDATION FOR JEAN WITH WIDER KNEE

I need a jean with a knee that measures around 10" across. My knee curves more than the typical man's, I guess, because most jeans do not flatter and give this leg area a bit of a womanly profile.

The closest I've seen is the APC rescue that measures 9.75" in 35. I actually want the waist to stretch out to 35", but I understand that APCs stretch out a lot. Sizing down to 33 or 34 has 9.5" knee, but I don't think the knee will stretch out in proportion with the waist.

Any other ideas for a jean with knees close to 10"?

Thank you!
Jan 29, 2013 @ 05:12
APC can stretch 2" in waist so a 33-34 should be good for you I'd think
Jan 29, 2013 @ 06:06
How do white weft black jeans look like in real life.
All the pictures of the NS i can find look almost like indigo?
http://needsupply.com/mens/new-standard-black.html#
Jan 30, 2013 @ 18:10
Orisue or Cheap Monday?
Jan 31, 2013 @ 04:15
is there gonna be a restock on the self edge x Imperial sexi14's? if not where can i get them? would they have them at their new york store?
Feb 01, 2013 @ 03:14
So I received a pair of naked and famous from a dude he soaked them before wearing. Dumb question but should they feel soft after a soak, basically like regular washed denim? Just surprised by the texture and now it seems like it will be a lot harder to fade..?
Feb 01, 2013 @ 03:40
^ should be like cardboard man
Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:18
Buyers Help:
Uniqlo Made in Japan Selvedge or Unbranded Slim Straight Selvedge?

I've owned the Unbranded's before, but never the Uniqlo. Both are around the same price & I know the Unbranded's are heavier, but I don't really care too much about that.

Any suggestions?

GUIDE/usa www.guideusa.net

Feb 01, 2013 @ 21:08
^ MIJ for mine
Feb 03, 2013 @ 18:07
Anyone know of any denim repair mail-in services? I'm considering getting my Levi's patched up and I've only found one site.

KAWAII BOYZ WORLD WIDE. RIP BOLAND & HARAMBE

Feb 04, 2013 @ 15:33

Feb 04, 2013 @ 15:34

Feb 04, 2013 @ 18:15
Anyone know of any denim repair mail-in services? I'm considering getting my Levi's patched up and I've only found one site.
I believe the Denim Doctors will do repair mail-in.
Feb 15, 2013 @ 06:31
Is Self Edge ever gonna restock the sexi14's?

if not can I still get them in store?
Feb 15, 2013 @ 06:57
^ i'm pretty sure that they don't restock collabs
Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:37
Should I get the same size in 19cm Diot Homme MIJ raw that I got in my APC NS?

If not then how would sizing compare to the NS?
Feb 15, 2013 @ 21:04
I believe the Denim Doctors will do repair mail-in.
Denim Doctors did an okay job for me. I asked them to reinforce the crotch since it was wearing pretty thin, and they only did the back side. Had them for two days and the front ripped, and I wasn't about to pay another $40 because they fucked up. It also took forever; about a week longer than they had estimated. 

Alternately, you could try Denim Therapy. I've never used them, but RawrDenim had a nice write-up.
Feb 16, 2013 @ 23:14
Jeans that fit like Naked and Famous Wierd Guy?
Feb 19, 2013 @ 04:24
I want to pick up N&F Japan Heritage 2s and it says buy one size up because they're unsanforized. A tagged 28 has a 29.5" waist. So if I soak when I get them, the waist will go a 28.5" or how much will it shrink? But then would they stretch back out after wearing anyways? So wouldn't I just need to buy the size I want, not one up? A tagged 29 has a 30.5" waist, but when all is said and done after initial soak and wearing for a whille I want the waist to measure 29-29.5" because that's my true. So what tagged size should I get?

Also for unsanforized denim do the thighs, knees, and leg openings shrink too? Or just waist and inseam? If they do, how much should I expect to shrink, and will they just stretch back out anyways? Tryna make sure I get the right fit..
Feb 19, 2013 @ 05:48
has anyone used otter wax on any of there raw denim jeans to turn then into wax denim?
Feb 19, 2013 @ 06:19
^ not sure if srs
Feb 19, 2013 @ 09:15
I want to pick up N&F Japan Heritage 2s and it says buy one size up because they're unsanforized. A tagged 28 has a 29.5" waist. So if I soak when I get them, the waist will go a 28.5" or how much will it shrink? But then would they stretch back out after wearing anyways? So wouldn't I just need to buy the size I want, not one up? A tagged 29 has a 30.5" waist, but when all is said and done after initial soak and wearing for a whille I want the waist to measure 29-29.5" because that's my true. So what tagged size should I get?

Also for unsanforized denim do the thighs, knees, and leg openings shrink too? Or just waist and inseam? If they do, how much should I expect to shrink, and will they just stretch back out anyways? Tryna make sure I get the right fit..
I say you take your tts and size that down at least 1-2 sizes bruh considering that they're the weird guy fit right?
Feb 19, 2013 @ 15:25

I say you take your tts and size that down at least 1-2 sizes bruh considering that they're the weird guy fit right?
Yea weird guys. A 29 would be tts so down one to 28 will fit me well before a soak looking at the measurements, but I'm worried it'll be too tight after the soak. Would it stretch back after wearing, or not much? The tag 28 has 29.5 waist, 10.75 thigh, 7.3 knee and 6.4 leg opening. If those shrink I'm not gonna be able to put them back on. But if that stretches back out after soaking I'm good, I just don't know if they will? Ideally after the first soak and wearing them for a while I want the denim to measure 29.5, 10.5-10.75, 7.4-7.7, 6.5-7.
Feb 20, 2013 @ 21:33
bumppppppp
Feb 21, 2013 @ 00:21
I've been having my APC Rescues for a whole year with everyday wear. Obviously it's pretty aged but I was a dumb ass who sized wrong (didn't realize I gained weight) so it didn't really fade. What can I do? Someone told me to take a shower with them on to shrink them that I can try to restretch them out and try fading them again. Someone told me to just soak them, and someone told me to go do the beach salt-washing method. What do you guys recommend?

If it matters
-The whole thing is dark blue as fuck. It is barely faded except certains spots, I mean I had it for a year and you can't even tell it's raw denim. I mean I gives a fuck but really?? a whole year and it looks like shit?
-Fits slim-straight on me
-Minimal wallet fade
-Strong pepper spray fade on back with tear
-Nice moderate honey combs
-Minimal but prominent whiskers
-Phone fades obvious, one has a big tear

EDIT: If anything I'm just gunna buy a new pair of flatheads or imps and just keep this as a beater pair or some sh.
Feb 27, 2013 @ 23:56
been wearing a pair of 12oz for 4 months now, would that be the same as wearing a 16oz for 4 months?
Mar 01, 2013 @ 04:40
How is Naked and Famous quality compared to more expensive denim like A.P.C?
Mar 01, 2013 @ 16:09
someone help^
wow nice Baggy style i always liked it but know i am old for that, i also go to office that's way i could not ware it..:-(
Mar 03, 2013 @ 22:03
Can pockets be resized? I had some jeans bought forr me in a size too big, and i had them slimmed down, but the pockets are way to big, and it's annoying me. Can any reputable tailor resize the back pockets?

Also where are some good brands to get light beige, raw denim or selvedge denim?

No.

Mar 04, 2013 @ 17:12
If my thighs are 20" should I get 10.5" so it's still pretty tight? My APC PS thighs were like hugging and it looked pretty bad so I gave up on them. But idk if I should have stuck with them. I know thighs don't stretch much for other brands but does it get looser after wear? Should thighs be tight/hugging to start, or should they feel loose when trying on?
Please login first to reply.