Small DENIM Questions Thread

June 20, 2012 @ 01:13:02
I am looking for a very dark indigo slim/straight jean. Which would be better: s0500xx or s710xx. One problem is BiG is out of stock on s0500xx until August. Basically I am wondering if the s0500xx would be the better fit and if it’s worth waiting.

1. Which one is darker?
2. Which would have the slim/straight look I am looking for better?
3. Which size should I get if my true waist is 32? ( accounting for stretch after the hot soak)
June 20, 2012 @ 13:20:26
For some reason the forum is glitching on me and I can't see any responses after February in the Denim Care thread so I thought I would ask here. Bought some denim that was on sale online, was wondering if it would be safe to store it as it is in the packaging without risk of too much fading. It was a pretty good deal and couldn't really pass it up at the time.
June 26, 2012 @ 01:02:28
Can anyone tell me how the Flathead z3005 fit? If I want a slim straight fit? Thanks.
June 29, 2012 @ 07:10:20
asked this in the other thread, I got henny and beer on my st-100s..should I was em? only been wearing them for about 30 wears or so
June 29, 2012 @ 07:49:05
^ a soak won't do any harm, try not to agitate (only loose indigo will wash out anyway)
June 29, 2012 @ 17:57:50
^say if I didn't do anything at all and kept wearing them, would my denim be harmed in any way?
June 29, 2012 @ 22:25:35
end of the day they're a pair of jeans, man

if they don't smell then it's up to you i guess
July 01, 2012 @ 05:16:04
asked this in the other thread, I got henny and beer on my st-100s..should I was em? only been wearing them for about 30 wears or so

I think that stains like these makes your jeans more personal to you, just go with it and rock it! dont wash them! haha
July 01, 2012 @ 05:19:26
Can anyone tell me how the Flathead z3005 fit? If I want a slim straight fit? Thanks.

they are more of a regular straight fit rather than a slim straight fit.
July 09, 2012 @ 03:02:55
When point of the fading process are you supposed to wash your jawnz?

And is the washing process pretty much consist of cold water, inside out, and hang dry?
July 09, 2012 @ 13:32:06
When point of the fading process are you supposed to wash your jawnz?

And is the washing process pretty much consist of cold water, inside out, and hang dry?

it depends on how much wearing you've put into your jeans, the guideline is 6 months. as for the washing it's up to you lol just stay away from the drying machine
July 09, 2012 @ 20:57:28
http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=binshop.prodt.detail&SKU=7921000 should i get these? im tts 30.5-30 was gunna get inseam hemmed to 31.5 . OH and am i supposed to wash it before i wash it or like 6 months after wear?
July 11, 2012 @ 03:38:11
Anybody else have a problem with wallet fades, like how it tends to fade faster on the inside?

IG: @honglzhou

July 11, 2012 @ 05:38:58
Does anyone know if these are sanforized or unsanforized?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=24221806

It states on a sticker included that 'This pant is unwashed and will shrink up to 5% after the first wash. It may also dry and wet bleed'.

I ask because my searching online about Cheap Monday denim usually says its sanforized and doesn't need a soak.

Any help would be good.
July 11, 2012 @ 06:05:55
^I cant answer your question, but if its not too late, i'd rather get unbrandeds from urbanoutfitters than cheap mondays. Way better quality and same price range.

For ocean soaks, after i rinse it with clean water, would they still smell like ocean? would i have to soak it again in some detergent?

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

July 11, 2012 @ 06:26:26

Inactive User

Are the Diamond x The Hundreds cargo pants any good? Are they comfortable? Appreciate a reply.
July 11, 2012 @ 07:46:35
Are the Diamond x The Hundreds cargo pants any good? Are they comfortable? Appreciate a reply.

There's a reason why this thread is called the "Small DENIM Questions Thread" Dont ask questions about those. And im pretty sure no one on this forum even fucks with those pants.

July 11, 2012 @ 17:13:07
What brand and where can I get really goodlooking demin for -$100?

I got bored and changed my name. USED TO BE willnellis.

July 11, 2012 @ 18:27:11
Does anyone know if these are sanforized or unsanforized?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=24221806

It states on a sticker included that 'This pant is unwashed and will shrink up to 5% after the first wash. It may also dry and wet bleed'.

I ask because my searching online about Cheap Monday denim usually says its sanforized and doesn't need a soak.

Any help would be good.

Cheap Monday is sanforized.
I would return them, I rather have 100% cotton denim, and not cotton/elastane.
July 11, 2012 @ 19:43:07
whats the difference between sanforized, unsanforized, raw and selvedge denim?
July 11, 2012 @ 20:15:21
Quick/simple answers

Sanforized = no shrink
Unsanforized = shrinks
Raw = unwashed; fadez
Selvedge = colored line thingy on the inside outseam
July 12, 2012 @ 20:12:49
just gave my samurai's a second soak, trying to keep the creases as they were, and samurai's get stiff as fuck after a soak or wash, so you think that if i were to pack them in my luggage, to have them flattened, would I be left with some weird folds in the places where its folded or would I be better off wearing them onto the plane?
July 12, 2012 @ 21:16:38
IF anyone is looking for a pair of Gently used APC Standards Contact me via EMAIL at CHRISTOPHERSVSU@gmail.com. "APC NEW STANDARDS" Size: 31's!! only had them 2 weeks.. for further information please contact me via EMAIL.

APC NEW STANDARDS
http://instagram.com/p/MzL4HjqBOi/
July 12, 2012 @ 21:31:00
just gave my samurai's a second soak, trying to keep the creases as they were, and samurai's get stiff as fuck after a soak or wash, so you think that if i were to pack them in my luggage, to have them flattened, would I be left with some weird folds in the places where its folded or would I be better off wearing them onto the plane?

you should be fine as long as the jeans don't move around too much while in luggage. But, why not just wear them onto the plane?
July 12, 2012 @ 21:45:31
you should be fine as long as the jeans don't move around too much while in luggage. But, why not just wear them onto the plane?

im flying to the middle east, so its going to be crazy hot out of the plane, so I thought shorts and some loafers would be a good and more comfortable idea, rather than some heavy denim that at this point is quite abrasive.

Thank you for your perspective.
July 13, 2012 @ 02:08:25

im flying to the middle east, so its going to be crazy hot out of the plane, so I thought shorts and some loafers would be a good and more comfortable idea, rather than some heavy denim that at this point is quite abrasive.

Thank you for your perspective.

If its as hot as you say it is, why bring jeans?

July 13, 2012 @ 14:15:33
If its as hot as you say it is, why bring jeans?

because i bring them everywhere! should the situation arise maybe i can pick up some crazy desert dune fades, or something like that.
July 14, 2012 @ 02:21:33
How much harder is it to fade Light weight Turkish denim? Im currently trying to break in my Organic Dry brown selv Nudies "Grim Tim's" ..does the same routine you usually follow for Raw Denim correlate with The Turkish denim? ya know, the wait at least 6 months before wash.. wear them everyday.. i think the material is throwing me off.. i Can't find any fading pictures so I'm leaving the results of wear to my imagination.. Im assuming they will indeed be a deep dirty brown??? please let me know (Invalid img)
July 19, 2012 @ 01:14:19
Trying to buy a pair of N&F jawns (this will be my first pair of selvedge) however idk if a tailor will be able to shorten them so theyfit better? and if he can would it just look bad

July 20, 2012 @ 00:19:06
hey do any of you know whats equivalent to a levis 510 30×30 im interested in getting a pair of skinny guys but stuck on what size i should get

Thanks.
Please login first to reply.
x