Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 6, 2012 @ 06:51 PM
xballistik

get it hemmed if you feel that it's too long. I'm pretty sure it's sanforized or it should say un-sanforized if it is. No need to soak. But hem about 1" longer than what you normally wear as most denim will shrink a little bit

Does getting it hemmed effect the quality or look?
October 6, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
ssb501

I'm looking to pick up a new pair of raws as my Deep Indigos which I've had and loved have started to blow in the crotch and will be ushered into semi-retirement.

Deciding between the Japan Heritage or Indigo/Indigo in SkinnyGuy fits or the Skinny Straight Japan Blue 101 (Momotaro). Price range is about the same, but want something different from the Deep Indigo fade/feel.

Thoughts? Maybe something completely different? A pair of Momotaros perhaps?
October 6, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
Midnite

I would definitely pick momotaros over the other brands.
October 7, 2012 @ 08:45 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

get it hemmed if you feel that it's too long. I'm pretty sure it's sanforized or it should say un-sanforized if it is. No need to soak. But hem about 1" longer than what you normally wear as most denim will shrink a little bit

Does getting it hemmed effect the quality or look?

how would it effect the quality? think about it ! If the pants are straight leg then no, it wont effect the look. If jeans are tapered the hem wont be as small but would still look pretty similar to being unhemed.
October 7, 2012 @ 08:54 AM
Jollibee.

Does tapering just the inseam part of the jeans make it look weird?
October 7, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
Midnite

What?? So you want the leg opening to be smaller or what?
October 7, 2012 @ 08:20 PM
Jollibee.

What?? So you want the leg opening to be smaller or what?

@midnite
yes i just dont want the selvedge line touched
October 7, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
Midnite

You going to have to taper than from knee down then, which will alter selvedge line.
October 7, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
Jollibee.

You going to have to taper than from knee down then, which will alter selvedge line.

@midnite
man is it possible to just taper from the inseam doe
October 7, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
Midnite

I don't think you full understand how tapering works, you can't just make the leg opening smaller, in order to taper, they need to cut the line.
October 7, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
zeeck

who know what pants he wear ? I dont know where wrote it so i write here.
October 7, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
bbcapone

I'm looking to pick up a new pair of raws as my Deep Indigos which I've had and loved have started to blow in the crotch and will be ushered into semi-retirement.

Deciding between the Japan Heritage or Indigo/Indigo in SkinnyGuy fits or the Skinny Straight Japan Blue 101 (Momotaro). Price range is about the same, but want something different from the Deep Indigo fade/feel.

Thoughts? Maybe something completely different? A pair of Momotaros perhaps?

Yeah if it's only between those I would go with momos. If you aren't just limiting yourself to those then check out some
of the other brands for out there in the same price point. What kind of denim you looking for?
October 8, 2012 @ 03:56 PM
slap

@justsayray

Yes, tapering from the inseam is possible. I would contact one well known denim repair stores for details (Denim Revival, Denim Doctor, Denim Therapy, Denim Surgeon...etc). I think it'll cost $40+ though.

Tapering from the outseam is MUCH easier, and any local tailor should be able to do it. However, it does, as you mention, "ruin" the selvedge line.
BUT DON'T CRY JUST YET!
Here's a handy DYI solution.
http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/04/how-to-repair-selvedge-after-denim-alteration/

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

October 10, 2012 @ 10:40 AM
greenpeople

hey guys i'm confused, what's the difference between an ODed denim and a dry denim? do any of them fades faster?
October 15, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
Jollibee.

is there such thing as Waxed Selvedge Denim?
October 15, 2012 @ 04:12 AM
slap

hey guys i'm confused, what's the difference between an ODed denim and a dry denim? do any of them fades faster?

Assuming OD means overdyed. They're not the same type of descriptions.
"OD" describes the dying amount, while "Dry" describes the wash.

"OD" means that the denim was "overdyed", which intuitively means, it is given a very dark, saturated hue.
"Dry denim" refers to jeans that were dyed and never given that post production wash, hence it's likelihood to fade.

You can have OD regular denim, and OD dry denim (ie. Naked and Famous Deep Indigo, the OD version of Indigo)

Message me if you have any questions.

WAXED means that the jeans are given a coat of wax on the final production.
SELVEDGE refers to weaving process in producing making the denim.

So, YES, of course, you can have a pair of jeans made with Selvedge denim, with a wax coat on it.

You guys are using the terms incorrectly.
REMEMBER. SELVEDGE =/= RAW.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

October 15, 2012 @ 07:06 AM
Jollibee.

Assuming OD means overdyed. They're not the same type of descriptions.
"OD" describes the dying amount, while "Dry" describes the wash.

"OD" means that the denim was "overdyed", which intuitively means, it is given a very dark, saturated hue.
"Dry denim" refers to jeans that were dyed and never given that post production wash, hence it's likelihood to fade.

You can have OD regular denim, and OD dry denim (ie. Naked and Famous Deep Indigo, the OD version of Indigo)

Message me if you have any questions.

WAXED means that the jeans are given a coat of wax on the final production.
SELVEDGE refers to weaving process in producing making the denim.

So, YES, of course, you can have a pair of jeans made with Selvedge denim, with a wax coat on it.

You guys are using the terms incorrectly.
REMEMBER. SELVEDGE =/= RAW.

@slap
....k chill
would it look nice doe?
October 15, 2012 @ 03:27 PM
slap

@justsayray
Personally I'm not too into waxed denim.
What color are you thinking?

October 15, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
FCKNsteez

Idk if this has been asked before but whats the best way to store your denim. Usually I just fold my Deep Indigo N&F jeans. Is it better to hang em ?
October 15, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
Jollibee.

@justsayray
Personally I'm not too into waxed denim.
What color are you thinking?

@slap
err black but most selvedge are indigo doe
October 16, 2012 @ 12:24 AM
slap

@justsayray
Purchase it in black. Why does it have to be selvedge?

October 16, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
Jollibee.

@justsayray
Purchase it in black. Why does it have to be selvedge?

the line.
October 16, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
STNDRD

I'm a chubby MF looking to get a pair of Nudies that will look good now and as I continue to drop lbs. The cut I'm looking for is something just a tighter fitting than a regular sized pair of Levi 501's and with slightly more taper. Would love suggestions on cut as well as sizing.
October 16, 2012 @ 03:29 PM
Midnite

I suggest you finish losing lbs first then buy jeans.
October 16, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
slap

@justsayray

Hm..I've never seen people wearing waxed denim cuff their jeans, but whatever floats your boat.
It's uncommon seeing Waxed Black Selvedge Denim, but good luck with everything!

If it was me, I'd just buy a pair of H&M black denim and waxed them myself.

October 17, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

selvedge does not equal raw
raw does not equal selvedge
October 17, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
Hades

whatever happened to levis 521s?
October 18, 2012 @ 03:34 PM
Siphonin

I have a pair of ub 101 i went tts and got a 30 but they're big in the knee area and the leg opening is to wide for my liking. How should i size on a pair of apc ps? size down 2 or 1.
My only problem with my ub's are the lack of stacks, the leg opening and knee bulge
[/img]
October 19, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
fatassj

Any specific way to wash raw jawnz? Or you just throw em in there?

My APC's are getting to the point of smelly and dirty way sooner in the fading process than I hoped.

Just coldwater/low spin/hang dry/inside out/little soap ? How much shrinking or color loss should I expect?

Someone told me to run in the beach with them? Can anyone elaborate on this and its effects compared to just washing jawnz to clean them?
October 19, 2012 @ 04:46 AM
Midnite

Can you stop saying jawnz....

Anyway, up to you if you want to turn them inside our or not, probably lose a bit less indigo if you turn them inside out. Shrinking probably .2-.5''

Sea wash, eh no one really does it anymore. Washing your jeans in fresh/salt water, you still gonna have them smelling, might get your buttons rusty if it's salt water. People run in sea water then rub in sand, basically some more rough agitation so to speak.

Please login first to reply.