Small DENIM Questions Thread

September 07, 2011 @ 22:32:08
Quick question, excuse it because it's probably a dumb one.

Just received these Nudie Grim Tim dark used denim. Now I know that with wear jeans age beautifully. Will these age as well? As in like will the color get lighter at all with wear through time? Like I said, it's a dumb question but I just wanted to know. Thanks in advance!
September 07, 2011 @ 23:40:42
Well they will certainly fade but 'aging beautifully' is more personal.
September 08, 2011 @ 23:58:11
So I've had a crotch blow on my APCs but I've been wearing em a lot lately. The hole got bigger and i think i want to just get em patched up now.. lmao.

Any of you know of a good place in the bay area (San Francisco/Daly City) that would patch em up for cheap? I was thinking Self edge or Azalea but I'm not really sure if they'd do that
September 09, 2011 @ 00:18:15
definitely do it at selfedge man, they do repairs at the SF one. Not sure how much it is. But better get it done by the best!
September 10, 2011 @ 21:21:32
I guess the only downside or the con that people may see in getting their jeans repaired at SE is the price. But it's true, they do a really awesome job at repairing jeans.
September 11, 2011 @ 12:38:17
This is a question for you denim enthusiasts. In your opinions, what brand jeans produce the best fades? Nudie or APC?

Also, what's the difference between the Thin Finn dry stretch and the thin Finn Organic dry ecru emb?

Thank you in advance.
September 11, 2011 @ 14:22:35
This is a question for you denim enthusiasts. In your opinions, what brand jeans produce the best fades? Nudie or APC?

Also, what's the difference between the Thin Finn dry stretch and the thin Finn Organic dry ecru emb?

Thank you in advance.

Nudies is nowhere worth it's price.
A.P.C's can give great fades, but so do other jeans, it all depends on the wearer.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

September 12, 2011 @ 21:53:33
In a dilemma.

I owned a pair of NS before and I sized down 2. After a little, I felt they were too baggy on me and I never wore them again.

Now I'm interested in getting PS. Should I size down 2 again or should I go 3? I understand they will stretch a lot which is why I'm considering sizing down 3 but I don't want them to be too skinny. I'd maybe like them to fit like the Nudie thin finns.
September 12, 2011 @ 23:47:33
down 2 is pretty tight. if I was to get PS' again I would go down 1
September 13, 2011 @ 00:39:00
Thank you sir.
September 14, 2011 @ 01:54:31
i'm about to do the first hot soak on my momotaros, but they already fit me pretty well on the waist. is it more important to wear them while they're soaking or when they're drying if i want to avoid having them shrink too much?
September 14, 2011 @ 02:42:26
Why don't you try a cold soak, that way you minimize the shrinking. No matter what you do there's gonna be a little shrinking, but I think it would be better to wear them a little bit as they dry. I put my jeans on right after the wash when they were still wet, wore them for a bit, then hung them to dry. And put them back on a couple hours after when they were a little more dry, wore them for a little bit, and let them finished drying. Worked for me, it's a little uncomfortable when they're wet but whatever haha
September 14, 2011 @ 03:54:12
basically i needed to shrink everything else (thighs/leg opening mostly) except the waist. thanks i'll try that out.
September 14, 2011 @ 13:47:13
You could even try soaking the jeans in hot water in a bucket and leave the waist exposed to air so that it won't shrink.
September 14, 2011 @ 14:21:45
whats a suggestion for first denim

i was thinking Unbrandeds then some N&F skinny guys

and should i size down on my skinny guys? im scared they wont stretch

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

September 14, 2011 @ 21:15:35
brand suggestion?

i might want to replace my imperial shearers. they fit me nicely but it's hard to fade and i've gained a little weight and these don't stretch.

any good sturdy, brands out there like imperial? a nice back pocket design would be cool (that's what sold me on imperial)
September 15, 2011 @ 00:36:30
whats a suggestion for first denim

i was thinking Unbrandeds then some N&F skinny guys

and should i size down on my skinny guys? im scared they wont stretch

Unbranded and Naked and Famous are solid brands to start out with. But it depends how much you have to spend. If you're a little skeptical and don't wanna spend a lot then Unbrandeds are a great option. If you have a little bit of money then go for some good stuff. Tellason, 3sixteen and Baldwin denim are also great options.

Originally posted by Inactive User
brand suggestion?

i might want to replace my imperial shearers. they fit me nicely but it's hard to fade and i've gained a little weight and these don't stretch.

any good sturdy, brands out there like imperial? a nice back pocket design would be cool (that's what sold me on imperial)

Gotta go with nicer and F/22's suggestion below. Samurai, Flat Head, Strike Gold and Sugarcane are great alternatives
September 15, 2011 @ 03:35:04
brand suggestion?

Flat Head has backpocket stitching, strikegold, sugarcane,
September 15, 2011 @ 08:48:55
brand suggestion?

I've never heard of shearers being hard to fade, just wear em and you'll see some damage. You can go Flatheads or a proxy'd pair of Sammy's for dem faaaasst fadez though.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

September 15, 2011 @ 20:22:51
I might cop a pair of flatheads, would a 310 be a similar fit to the shearers?
September 15, 2011 @ 21:51:29
the SE05BSP are the closest match to shearers

September 16, 2011 @ 08:23:18
anybody know which particular naked & famous skinnyguys are most close to apc new cures?
September 17, 2011 @ 13:17:32
got two pairs of 511's both size 32x32

both leg opening are a little over 7 inches, and i wanted to know if a 1 inch taper would be sufficient or should i hem them two inches because the feel a little baggy at the bottom

help me out guys
September 17, 2011 @ 21:29:20
a taper and a hem are two different things, i'm not sure what you're asking.
but a 6 inch leg oping is going to be small as fuck, just get them hemmed.

September 18, 2011 @ 16:56:02
got two pairs of 511's both size 32x32

both leg opening are a little over 7 inches, and i wanted to know if a 1 inch taper would be sufficient or should i hem them two inches because the feel a little baggy at the bottom

help me out guys

You could do either. If you taper without hemming, the leg will still bunch up at the bottom, but it won't be as baggy. If you just hem, the leg won't bunch up at the bottom anymore. Either way, problem solved. It's just whatever you prefer.
September 18, 2011 @ 21:33:26

what do you guys think of pocket holes?
are they ugly tongueface
September 18, 2011 @ 22:28:35
that one looks dope
September 18, 2011 @ 22:43:51
If you look at the evo thread, a lot of people have it.

September 18, 2011 @ 23:00:20
I like them. But patches/repairs look good too.
September 18, 2011 @ 23:25:35
was that hole made or natural?
Please login first to reply.
x