FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 23, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
jozsef_csanyi

RRL, and to be honest I've never seen a Nudie wash I liked.
September 23, 2011 @ 11:29 PM
TauKappaEpsilon

Will ironing my 2 month old APC PS' damage them at all/will I get weird fading? I was thinking ironing might help the "knee boob" area go back to being flat. Thanks!
September 24, 2011 @ 02:23 PM
infiniteme

For pre-distressed denim... which brand's got the better quality Nudies or RRL? Thinking of going to Nudies if I can't find the RRL in my size...

RRL, and to be honest I've never seen a Nudie wash I liked.

I agree, RRL definitely makes the better-constructed jean of the two brands.
September 24, 2011 @ 04:30 PM
aztecasteve

You need to email one of the administrators and ask them to register. They have been getting a lot of spam so they closed registration.

Do you know how to search for an administrator
I've tried the contact button but I don't seem to get a response back
September 24, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
TauKappaEpsilon

Do you know how to search for an administrator
I've tried the contact button but I don't seem to get a response back

email them again. It took me 2 or 3 emails to get a response also.
September 24, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
Khaos

Will ironing my 2 month old APC PS' damage them at all/will I get weird fading? I was thinking ironing might help the "knee boob" area go back to being flat. Thanks!

Just hang them up in the bathroom when you shower, hot soak them, or use a steamer. No need to iron.
September 25, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
infiniteme

I'd imagine that ironing won't affect your fades noticeably at all.
September 26, 2011 @ 01:18 AM
....ICK

I have a pair of low straights and theyre pretty snug in the thighs

All my friends are black but my wives are white

September 26, 2011 @ 11:37 AM
infiniteme

What's got a slimmer fit, a slim bootcut or a slim straight cut? I'm debating on whether or not to purchase this RRL jeans that's tagged 30x34. The waist is measured 32" and the inseam about 35". The waist is good, but I'm 5'7" so I'm going to have to hem at least 3-4" off the inseam. The guy selling it advised me that it wouldn't be a bootcut fit anymore, but a straight fit because I would have hemmed the flare. I think I'm just gonna do that because I want some RRL jeans damnit lol.

The term "slim" is used rather loosely in general when it comes to jeans, and it really depends on the brand and model of the jean in terms of whether a slim boot cut or slim straight cut is slimmer. Unfortunately, as far as RRL goes specifically, I don't know which one is slimmer.

Also, IME, I would disagree with the sales guy you talked to about losing the flare when you hem. Most men's boot cut jeans start flaring out from the knee down, so even if you hem, you'll still get some flare unless you hem all the way up to the knee.
September 26, 2011 @ 10:21 PM
djanoano

I've always wondered this... What do people use to make "rings" in the pockets of their jeans?
September 26, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
ndrew

I've always wondered this... What do people use to make "rings" in the pockets of their jeans?

chew cans, or condoms lol

www.headhunterla.com

September 27, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
samueljwl

I'm wondering how to change the stacks on my PBJ's...there's sort of a calf flare and the stack just sort of slouch instead of staying upright...they pretty much just look messy. any ideas how to fix this?
September 27, 2011 @ 08:36 PM
Jens Voigt

You could soak, then when they're somewhat damp, wear them and fix the stacks to your liking

September 27, 2011 @ 09:51 PM
djanoano

Great. I received my PS today but it seems as though I lost weight. I can button the top button with ease and I can fit my whole hand into my pants (pause).

I wanted them to fit like this...

but instead they fit a little baggier than this...

I bought a 30. Would sizing down one more to a 29 fit like I want it to? I plan on sending them back to context tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for your help!
September 27, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
TALIBAN

So I'm debating whether or not to send my APCs to Self Edge SF to repair this damn crotch blow.. $40? Is it really worth it tho?
September 28, 2011 @ 01:36 AM
butters

@djanoano - definitely the 29 would give you a better fit, may be a little tight at first but they should stretch out to a nice fit. Definitely the pair you have right now will be a little bit too big when they stretch.

@TALIBAN - depends what you want man, if you want a nice repair where the denim sits naturally and is repaired really strongly and you think you have a lot more life left in your APC's then the 40 bucks for a good repair is definitely worth it. If you think you're probably going to move onto a new pair soon, or aren't to worried about how well your jeans are patched, then any tailor should work no problem.
September 28, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
djanoano

@abcdenim - Thanks for your input sir. I'm going to go with the 29. Now I play the waiting game again...
September 28, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
jozsef_csanyi

If I were you I'd cut 2 inches off. Better to have a little extra than lack it.
September 28, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
TALIBAN

@TALIBAN - depends what you want man, if you want a nice repair where the denim sits naturally and is repaired really strongly and you think you have a lot more life left in your APC's then the 40 bucks for a good repair is definitely worth it. If you think you're probably going to move onto a new pair soon, or aren't to worried about how well your jeans are patched, then any tailor should work no problem.

yeah man, I'm buying a pair of Sams very very soon. But I feel like I'm gna wear my APCs every now and then. I'll probably go get the $40 repair so I feel safe and I won't have to keep going back to the tailors. I can see myself wearing these for a very long time.

Thanks.
September 29, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
butters

yeah man, I'm buying a pair of Sams very very soon. But I feel like I'm gna wear my APCs every now and then. I'll probably go get the $40 repair so I feel safe and I won't have to keep going back to the tailors. I can see myself wearing these for a very long time.

Thanks.

Glad I could help. Let us know when you pick up those sams and post some pics!
October 2, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
Jvlv

www.ssense.com/men/product/levis/511_skinny_jeans/41479

anyone know if these are raw or not? they look it and theyre selvedge as well
October 4, 2011 @ 08:51 PM
Kizamime

Best slim fitting khakis?
October 5, 2011 @ 09:26 PM
JasonHe

Honest opinions. APC or 3 Sixteen? Petite standards/ST-100x. I'm on my second pair of denim and want to get something of better quality.
October 5, 2011 @ 11:05 PM
djanoano

In my opinion, you can NEVER go wrong with APCs.
October 6, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
butters

Honest opinions. APC or 3 Sixteen? Petite standards/ST-100x. I'm on my second pair of denim and want to get something of better quality.

Honestly, I'd say that 3sixteen is way more worth it if you're looking for good quality. 3sixteen is us made with really nice japanese denim, where as apc is manufactured in China, with non japanese selvedge. You can't go wrong with either, but if you want something that is better quality, I'd definitely go with 3sixteen.
October 8, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
HIboy

does oz factor into denim distressing? i like the look of the honeycombs but not sure if it would work on 8-10oz denim. not really into buying >14oz denim since im in hawai'i
October 8, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
infiniteme

does oz factor into denim distressing? i like the look of the honeycombs but not sure if it would...

I think it will depend in part on how stiff the denim is. If the denim is stiff, you should be able to get honeycombs just fine on 8-10 oz. denim. If not, the honeycombs won't come out as well, but you can still starch the back of the knees to get more contrast on the fades there.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
Brick Flair

not a question about denim , but what happened to sufu?
October 9, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
butters

superfuture, another really good forum to check out.
October 10, 2011 @ 02:24 AM
Mikeyone4life

Got my PS’s in after getting them hemmed 2″ from the tailor, and the stacks are uneven. What’s the...

I'd say soak just the bottom and reset the stacks, I've done it before and it works perfectly fine.

Please login first to reply.