July 27, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
A_Fitz

Places in NYC to get PRPS, Neighborhood and Fenom jeans??

cheers!
July 27, 2011 @ 10:16 PM
orucker

Why are my stacks not symmetrical? Right leg looks awesome, left looks sloppy. Normal or are my legs weird?
July 28, 2011 @ 12:06 AM
jozsef_csanyi

It's normal. Wabi-sabi.
July 28, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
F/22

You need special equipment (a Union Special or something similar) to do a chainstitch hem, and most tailors don't have this type of equipment. Therefore, tailors that do a chainstitch hem are uncommon, but there are enough of them around, and there are at least a few places that accept mail-ins if you can't find someone local to do this for you.

No, it will be fine as long as they don't do the so-called "original hem".
O gosh that happened to me on my PBJs luckily theres still alot of length left to get rid of it, need to drop it off at selfedge. It's soooo ugly. Good tailors did it, but just a naturally ugly hem.
July 28, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
JimmyRS

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156219

Question and pics are in that thread. Need help!!!
July 29, 2011 @ 11:30 AM
butters

^^ thanks. can anyone name a place that does mail-ins?

Blue Owl Workshop and all the Self Edge (NY,SF,LA) locations also do mail-ins!
July 29, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
butters

Places in NYC to get PRPS, Neighborhood and Fenom jeans??

cheers!

I don't think anyone in NYC carries Neighborhood since Union NY closed. Couldn't find much on Fenom either.

Here are the stockists of PRPS in NYC!

Atrium
644 Broadway

Barney's
575 5th ave

Scoop
532 Broadway, 4th floor
July 29, 2011 @ 05:05 PM
BIGBOSS

Will raw denim leave stains on light colored leather car seats? Specifically NF denim.
July 29, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
slap

@orucker
its normal, especially the wider leg opening.

@gnu
call up Gary's Custom Tailoring & Boutique in Westwood. those "denim professionals" are overpriced.

@indofulioh
i doubt it, unless your shifting all over the seat.
but if you're nervous, bring something to sit on (cushion, tshirt, towel..etc)

--------
i have a pair of lightweight raw denim. whats a good way to form good creases and combs on it? i thought about putting it on and spraying water on the vital spots (bottom of leg, waist, back of knee) and wearing it for the day to help the folds set.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

July 30, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
butters

@indofulioh don't worry about any denim bleeding on your seats. I have an s2000 with tan seats and have been sitting on it like everyday for a year with my nf jeans and nothing has happened. I live in Vancouver too where it rains a loooot, and still nothing so you should be good. There are a lot of leather car cleaners that work crazy well too if any does go on it a little bit, so don't worry about it!

@lwkeung i need a pair of lightweights for this summer man haha, which ones do you have? Best way to get some combs and other creases on lighter denim is starching them. Starch makes em crispy and allows you to get those deep creases. It's pretty easy too, like you said you're gonna wanna spray the parts where you want the contrast to show in the creases a little more, but instead of plain water its best to create a starch water mixture. Get some warm/hot water and gradually put a few teaspoons of corn starch so it doesn't clump or you can buy starch spray, whatever your preference is.. and just spray the areas you want there to be some better creases. Then wear them and let the creases form. Hope that helps!
July 30, 2011 @ 02:17 PM
infiniteme

Blue Owl Workshop and all the Self Edge (NY,SF,LA) locations also do mail-ins!

Actually, Self Edge only accepts mail-ins for hemming if the jeans were purchased directly from them. They will not do mail order hemming on jeans purchased elsewhere.

Will raw denim leave stains on light colored leather car seats? Specifically NF denim.

I've had it happen.
July 30, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
butters

Actually, Self Edge only accepts mail-ins for hemming if the jeans were purchased directly from them. They will not do mail order hemming on jeans purchased elsewhere.

Right! Thanks for clarification!
August 6, 2011 @ 04:59 AM
JOSEPH STYLIN

starch.
starch is what makes your jeans stiff and if they aren't stiff anymore makes sense to add some right? haha. be careful tho sometimes it can really stink.. you could try some spray starches like Faultless, Niagra Spray Starch, Dr. Beckmann, and Easy On Double Starch, or you could try and mix some starch and water yourself and spray it on your jeans. spray it on your jeans fully or just the spots you want to reform shape (honeycombs, whiskers, etc) until damp, then wear them for a little so it forms better or just let them hang out. either way, starching is a great way to bring back the rigidness of your jeans

Thanks. I'm gonna try this one.

August 6, 2011 @ 01:37 PM
AzstroBoii

Can i dry clean my trues? and when i do will they shrink? i dnt wanna fuck em up but i had em for a minute
August 6, 2011 @ 03:12 PM
infiniteme

Can i dry clean my trues? and when i do will they shrink? i dnt wanna fuck em up but i had em for a minute

Yes, you can, and no, they won't really shrink.
August 7, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
F/22

Thanks. I'm gonna try this one.
starch is bad for your jeans as well
August 7, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
butters

starch is bad for your jeans as well

This is true as well. Don't abuse the starch, too much can weaken the denim and make them more susceptible to tears. Apparently starch attracts bacteria because they love to feed on it so too much starch can make your jeans start to reek. It's probably better to let the jeans be but if you really, really want the rigidity back, by all means.
August 9, 2011 @ 01:25 AM
ryun

Is sea wash healthy for your denim( i heard tgere are lots of rips and tears, favrics being looser, etc)? I plan on wearing for a long time. Debating if i should sea or woolite. Sea washing seems interesting hmm
August 9, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
Technique

Nothing wrong with sea wash; only thing might be is when you rub sand on them might cause the stitching to wear off, also the smell of your jeans might be a little bad.

I'd think seawashing gives your denim a different appeal; don't be afraid to experiment with your denim

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

August 9, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
hndlz

What makes a pair of jeans quality? is it just construction and the denim used? or is there something eles to it?

edit: is raw usually better than washed?

hndlz.tumblr.com

August 9, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Most people consider cotton wovens to be 'high quality' if they are finely spun, soft, and durable.
But a lot of denim enthusiasts think the exact opposite (rough/scratchy, heavy). Raw vs washes and everything else you ask is really preference.
August 10, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
D. Rose

should i put my brass knuckles in my back pockets of my imps?
you guys think it would look cool? was worried there would be too much going on the back with the gold stitching

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

August 10, 2011 @ 06:43 PM
F/22

Nothing wrong with sea wash; only thing might be is when you rub sand on them might cause the stitching to wear off, also the smell of your jeans might be a little bad.

I'd think seawashing gives your denim a different appeal; don't be afraid to experiment with your denim

so many possibilities. Seen people on sufu use tea, coffee, mud
August 10, 2011 @ 07:10 PM
ryun

should i put my brass knuckles in my back pockets of my imps?
you guys think it would look cool? was worried there would be too much going on the back with the gold stitching

Someone did that in this forum one of the mod i believe. Looks pree sick try it
August 10, 2011 @ 07:24 PM
lstplcwnr

It's cool, I guess... I remember the person that did it got his shit confiscated and he had to keep buying knew knuckles. Denim is supposed to revolve around your life style. Unless you kill ♥♥♥♥♥s with them shits it'll just be tacky.

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

August 10, 2011 @ 10:55 PM
butters

What makes a pair of jeans quality? is it just construction and the denim used? or is there something eles to it?

Quality of jeans is based on the denim used, where it's sourced, certain mills, certain weaves, weight, as well as material as in different types of cotton. Construction also differentiates quality, so where they are made could have a difference in the build of your jeans. All the things that get put into your jeans make a difference, such as the rivets, stitching, pockets, leather patch.. basically everything that gets put into the jeans, if it's good quality makes your jeans better quality. But the most important part is the denim it self.
August 10, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
F/22

^^ some might consider dye part of that quality. Good branded denim can handle washes and still have good contrast (Samurai, Sugarcane for example) so you don't have to wait for "6months" in worry they might become washed out if you washed them before that.
August 11, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
slap

@"is raw usually better than washed?"
no.

i bought a can of faultless heavy starch from target for $1. will us it today and see how it turns out :]

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 12, 2011 @ 11:55 AM
infiniteme

Pretty much. Of course fit counts for something, too, but there are plenty of low-quality jeans out there with decent cuts.

If you have the patience to fade the jeans yourself, and if your lifestyle is conducive to getting the type of fades that you want, then raw is better, because the fades will match up to your body.

If you don't have the time or patience for your jeans to fade through wear, or if you've been historically unhappy with the fades that you've gotten in the past, you're probably better off going with washed.
August 13, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
milk909

How quickly do raw jeans start to show slight signs of fading? I've been wearing mines almost 3-4 times a week for about two months now.

Please login first to reply.