Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 7, 2011 @ 02:23 AM
hoeDANKsway

yea sure
July 7, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
andrew.chan

How can I prevent APC jeans from fading into white shoes?
July 7, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
andrew.chan

^ Its new standard if that helps ^
July 7, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
caleb91

cuff them
July 8, 2011 @ 12:26 AM
moneybags

my skulls are too worn out now, looking to get new jeans (below $300). any brand/model suggestions? slim/skinny denim btw
July 8, 2011 @ 03:12 AM
butters

Caleb is right, you can cuff them.

Another option is to do a vinegar-water mixture soak. Dip the bottom of the jeans (or the whole thing if you want) into a bucket of vinegar-water mixture for a while. The vinegar helps to set the indigo but you still may have a little bleeding.

You can also take some masking tape and tape the inside of the cuff so the denim won't rub onto the shoe.

Doing an early wash can also help to release "loose" indigo and minimize future bleeding.

my skulls are too worn out now, looking to get new jeans (below $300). any brand/model suggestions? slim/skinny denim btw

What are you going to do with those beautiful skulls?!

Check out the Tellason Ladbroke Grove or the John Graham Mellor! $200
July 8, 2011 @ 02:14 PM
andrew.chan

Caleb is right, you can cuff them.

Another option is to do a vinegar-water mixture soak. Dip the bottom of the jeans (or the whole thing if you want) into a bucket of vinegar-water mixture for a while. The vinegar helps to set the indigo but you still may have a little bleeding.

You can also take some masking tape and tape the inside of the cuff so the denim won't rub onto the shoe.

Doing an early wash can also help to release "loose" indigo and minimize future bleeding.

How much vinegar how much water into the vinager-water mixture but thanx for the advice ill try them out
July 10, 2011 @ 04:45 AM
butters

Use a large bucket filled with 2 quarts of water and 1/2 - 1 cup of white vinegar. Fully emerge your jeans in the water-vinegar mixture for about 24 hours to allow the vinegar to get through the denim. Vinegar is a natural softener so they may feel softer after the soak.

You can do a cold tub soak w/ detergent after the vinegar soak, again to release "loose" indigo and lose the vinegar scent.

Let me know how it goes!
July 10, 2011 @ 04:41 PM
andrew.chan

^ alrite thanx
July 12, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
franjoli

Should i wear a belt? i haven't worn a belt with my unbranded denim ever and i've noticed that the waist started to stretch a little bit and my knee doesn't really line up with my original fading honeycombs anymore... is it better if i were to pull my pants up and belt it or just to let it sag a little bit?

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

July 13, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
butters

Is your ass hanging out? And is it uncomfortable? I'd say get a belt, some tanner or corter leather baaaby! If you are worried about the fades tho, they'll eventually settle in and your knee area will just become a larger faded area over time, and new honeycombs will set as well. But if you want to keep the same fades going and bring out more contrast then wearing them the same way will help. So my advice is go get an awesome belt that ages as well as your jeans do and keep wearing them like you have been!
July 13, 2011 @ 03:52 PM
BHP

Ben Sherman Raw Denim or Unbrandeds?

InternetEnlightenment.tumblr.com → Accessory Rack

July 14, 2011 @ 04:39 AM
butters

^No experience with Ben Sherman raw denim and there isn't much information about them but the Unbrandeds are very nice! Check out: www.withoutwash.com/
July 16, 2011 @ 06:04 PM
Justiu

today i got some Nudies Grim Tim's in 28 x 34 but my true waist size is 30, will these stretch in the waist?

hb fell off / justinlifestyle.tumblr.com

July 18, 2011 @ 02:08 PM
tehcake

I have a pair of Levis Matchstick Kaihara selvedge, knee down it's too baggy, would i be able to taper 1/2 an inch from the knee down from the inside seam, without it looking too weird? I also intend on cuffing.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

July 18, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
infiniteme

I have a pair of Levis Matchstick Kaihara selvedge, knee down it's too baggy, would i be able to taper 1/2 an inch from the knee down from the inside seam, without it looking too weird? I also intend on cuffing.

That should look fine.
July 19, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
traCk.

ok so im watching a pair of diors on ebay that i wanted and the seller mentioned they were hemmed so i asked him what they were hemmed to and he says "the outer seam is approx 102cm."

so maybe im a moron but 102 cm = 40inches? what does he mean by this, the outer seam is dif from the length im assuming but what would it come out to? like a 34 length?
July 19, 2011 @ 10:52 AM
infiniteme

ok so im watching a pair of diors on ebay that i wanted and the seller mentioned they were hemmed so i asked him what they were hemmed to and he says "the outer seam is approx 102cm."

so maybe im a moron but 102 cm = 40inches? what does he mean by this, the outer seam is dif from the length im assuming but what would it come out to? like a 34 length?

He's probably measuring from the top of the waistband to the hem along the outer leg seam. Ask him to measure on the inner leg seam from the crotch to the hem.

Or, if you know the back rise measurement, you can subtract that number from the outseam measurement to get a rough idea of the inseam.

Either way, I think these have a short leg. Possibly 30" at most, more likely shorter than that.
July 25, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
ryun

Heavier the denim =?
July 26, 2011 @ 02:37 AM
unkn0wn199o

ive always worn APC's and i just spent the extra money at SelfEdge in LA and copped some Imperials x SelfEdge and they are best jeans ever
July 26, 2011 @ 04:32 AM
butters

Heavier the denim =?

Heavier denim is usually a lot more durable and they take longer to stretch out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that denim weight has very much effect on the fades they produce. There are a lot of factors that go into how denim is spun, how indigo reacts to diff kinds of denim, wearer's lifestyle, etc.

In the words of N&F's guarantee for the 32oz denim: "uncomfortable or your money back!"

what are some good designer jeans that you guys can recommend for me? i'm liking how the RRL's look but was curious what other brands were out there for me. dior is another company suggested but their prices are a bit higher than i'd be willing to spend right now. probably no more than $200 at the moment. and no true religion jeans please!

If you'd be willing to stray from "designer" jeans and check out Tellason, I'd highly recommended. I honestly think it's the best bang for your buck for $200. They're probably a lot better than more expensive pairs too :p

Raleigh denim also has awesome denim for $300, Naked and Famous uses nice Japanese raw denim and their price points are really good and you can usually find pairs on sale. Rogue Territory and 3sixteen are also putting out some awesome jeans you should look into.

ive always worn APC's and i just spent the extra money at SelfEdge in LA and copped some Imperials x SelfEdge and they are best jeans ever

Sweet, the Self Edge collabs always look amazing!! Get some pics up man!
July 26, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
infiniteme

Heavier the denim =?

Heavier denim is usually a lot more durable and they take longer to stretch out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that denim weight has very much effect on the fades they produce. There are a lot of factors that go into how denim is spun, how indigo reacts to diff kinds of denim, wearer's lifestyle, etc.

I agree with everything above, except IME, heavier denim doesn't take any longer to stretch out than lighter denim, so long as their weave tensions are similar. Tighter-woven denim of any weight takes longer to stretch out, and stretches less, than looser-woven denim.

One thing that I do want to add is that heavier denim tends to be smoother, softer, and less slubby than lighter denim.
July 26, 2011 @ 02:41 PM
butters

^That's right, again there are a lot of factors that contribute to how the denim will wear so denim weight doesn't matter too much. It makes sense that tighter-woven denim would take longer to stretch out. I guess it just depends on how many bruises you want on your legs :p
July 26, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
gnu

For those around LA, whats the best place to get jeans tailored? Denim Therapy (I think this one used to be called Denim Doctors)? Selfedge? Any others? Just looking for the best price to speed to quality combo. Anyone have some ideas...
July 27, 2011 @ 12:25 AM
catch-22

Do only special tailors do chainstiched hems?
July 27, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
jozsef_csanyi

For those around LA, whats the best place to get jeans tailored? Denim Therapy (I think this one used to be called Denim Doctors)? Selfedge? Any others? Just looking for the best price to speed to quality combo. Anyone have some ideas...

Kind of depends on what work you want done. I'm more comfortable doing my own alterations but if you wanted a super deep taper and hem with seashell stitching you should go to the experts.

Usually but not always.
July 27, 2011 @ 03:09 AM
reversal

Contemplating getting a cheap hem from chinatown, will my selvage get fucked up?
July 27, 2011 @ 04:24 AM
infiniteme

You need special equipment (a Union Special or something similar) to do a chainstitch hem, and most tailors don't have this type of equipment. Therefore, tailors that do a chainstitch hem are uncommon, but there are enough of them around, and there are at least a few places that accept mail-ins if you can't find someone local to do this for you.

Contemplating getting a cheap hem from chinatown, will my selvage get fucked up?

No, it will be fine as long as they don't do the so-called "original hem".
July 27, 2011 @ 10:55 AM
catch-22

^^ thanks. can anyone name a place that does mail-ins?
July 27, 2011 @ 01:00 PM
infiniteme

^^ thanks. can anyone name a place that does mail-ins?

Denim Doctors and Blue in Green are both good ones that take mail-ins. Both are excellent and do a good job matching the thread of the original pre-existing hem.

Please login first to reply.