Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 18, 2011 @ 11:21 PM
abrok99

hey guys what APC fit is most like naked and famous skinny guys? i love the fit of my skinny guys but i've been trying to get into some apc's. thanks.
June 19, 2011 @ 01:32 AM
butters

this may come off as a stupid question
but has anybody ever tried wearing thier jeans in a sauna?

i know that hot water shrinks denim but i am trying to strech out my a.p.c.'s because i sized down way too much and have been wearing them for 6 months and are still tight as fuck.

would i be able to strech my jeans out if i went in the sauna wearing my jeans and did streching excersizes..?

What's your actual waist and how much did you size down by? Have you washed them at all?

Hot water does shrink them but washing will loosen up threads and they'll lose rigidity because the starch will be out of 'em.
My guess is that stretching in a sauna will probably loosen up the threads and they'll stretch out.
You're going to want to keep them on and keep moving until they're pretty dry though.

DAMN I can't wait to see the fades on these :p
Try P90X, plyometrics underwater

hey guys what APC fit is most like naked and famous skinny guys? i love the fit of my skinny guys but i've been trying to get into some apc's. thanks.

Petit Standard, size down 1 or 2 depending on how tight you want 'em! Good luck!
June 19, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
Udon

What's your actual waist and how much did you size down by? Have you washed them at all?

Hot water does shrink them but washing will loosen up threads and they'll lose rigidity because the starch will be out of 'em.
My guess is that stretching in a sauna will probably loosen up the threads and they'll stretch out.
You're going to want to keep them on and keep moving until they're pretty dry though.

DAMN I can't wait to see the fades on these :p
Try P90X, plyometrics underwater

Petit Standard, size down 1 or 2 depending on how tight you want 'em! Good luck!

actual waist is 31.5

went with PS tagged 28

smile
June 19, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
gabriox

iam looking for a demin fit similar to the levis 511, do any one have any suggestion?
June 19, 2011 @ 03:51 PM
butters

actual waist is 31.5

went with PS tagged 28

smile

Haha quite the drastic size down eh. If it's bugging you you should give the sauna method a shot, let us know how it goes.

If it doesn't work out, it's an excuse to get new pair ;)

iam looking for a demin fit similar to the levis 511, do any one have any suggestion?

Naked and Famous Skinny Guy or APC NC, are similar but waay better imo. Cool to see you're stepping up from levis tho!
June 20, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
kmz

denim?
this guy is on here i think but pics were grabbed from sufu

June 20, 2011 @ 04:35 PM
Udon

denim?

Almost sure those are APC NS
June 20, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
D. Rose

try the unbrandeds tapered tts or skinnys up one
or imperials shearers

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

June 20, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
butters

Almost sure those are APC NS

yup, think those are APC NS. those have been on here for a looooong time
June 20, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
notyellow

Anybody have their back pocket repaired?
My back right pocket bursted a few months ago. It's small enough to just about fit a dime.
But I noticed another hole about to burst (hanging by threads) so I was wondering if I could get it repaired before there's an actual hole.
June 21, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
butters

APC PS
N&F skinny guy

Anybody have their back pocket repaired?
My back right pocket bursted a few months ago. It's small enough to just about fit a dime.
But I noticed another hole about to burst (hanging by threads) so I was wondering if I could get it repaired before there's an actual hole.

You could get that patched up for sure!
June 21, 2011 @ 08:11 AM
gittoes

Hi,

I am looking for light washed jeans. just like in this pic pharrell is wearing

Can someone recommend me a couple of brands?
June 21, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
Fndirtygreaser

Ok. I don't wear my jeans daily due to Profesional attire at work. I only wear them to go out on the weekends for a few hours. At this rate it would take 100 years to get proper fades. I don't skate or ride a bike. Only daily activity I do is hit gym. I have read advice to go "hard". And just ride a bike to break them in and what not. Question is should I wear my jeans for some cardio activity for like 20 mins daily?( light jog/walk on treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike). And which jeans fade easier... I have the following and how they fit me ----N&F indigo selvedge weird guys(slimmest) nudie even Steven non selvedge deep indigo with blue stitching(slim straight fit)APC NS( stretched loose fit now:/) and sugar cane 1947 which are straight fit. Thanks
June 21, 2011 @ 12:56 PM
infiniteme

Ok. I don't wear my jeans daily due to Profesional attire at work. I only wear them to go out on the weekends for a few hours. At this rate it would take 100 years to get proper fades. I don't skate or ride a bike. Only daily activity I do is hit gym. I have read advice to go "hard". And just ride a bike to break them in and what not. Question is should I wear my jeans for some cardio activity for like 20 mins daily?( light jog/walk on treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike). And which jeans fade easier... I have the following and how they fit me ----N&F indigo selvedge weird guys(slimmest) nudie even Steven non selvedge deep indigo with blue stitching(slim straight fit)APC NS( stretched loose fit now:/) and sugar cane 1947 which are straight fit. Thanks

If you want your jeans to fade more, I would definitely recommend the cardio while wearing them. I would imagine that the bike especially will help your fades.

The 4 jeans that you mentioned should all fade at pretty similar rates. If you want something faster fading, I would recommend looking into Samurais. They are a little more expensive, but most people who have owned them here will that you that they are worth it.
June 21, 2011 @ 02:27 PM
butters

Hi,

I am looking for light washed jeans. just like in this pic pharrell is wearing

Can someone recommend me a couple of brands?

I believe he's wearing this exact pair: BBC Helmet Boy Washed Denim
www.firmamentberlin.com/billionaire_boys_club/21616/helmet_boy_washed_denim_.html

I think Levi's Vintage carries some really nice washes:
1954 501 Pitchfork 2 caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=22994
1954 501 Pipebender caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=24763

Edwin makes some really nice washes too.
ED47 Oiler Wash www.cultizm.com/print_product_info.php?products_id=927
ED45 Lumber Light Wash

They've got a catalogue for the whole product line available on their website: www.edwin-europe.com/product.php

I agree with infiniteme. Cardio sessions with your jeans will make them fade much faster. I find APCs fade quite quickly, especially after the first few washes. Same w/ Nudies and N&F. A lot of people claim Flat Head denim fades rather quickly with nice authentic, high contrast fades as well!
June 21, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
Fndirtygreaser

Thanks guys. I shall take a before pic and post progress since I don't think anyone has really attempted to try doing cardio workout in jeans to get fades $) I'm glad I hit the gym at 4am. Lol. I have seen a dude at the gym working out in his jeans and thought that's a weirdo. But maybe he was just trying to get them mad fades yo haha. Btw I shall try my APC since they need a hot wash to shrink them a bit.
June 21, 2011 @ 08:08 PM
butters

Thanks guys. I shall take a before pic and post progress since I don't think anyone has really attempted to try doing cardio workout in jeans to get fades $) I'm glad I hit the gym at 4am. Lol. I have seen a dude at the gym working out in his jeans and thought that's a weirdo. But maybe he was just trying to get them mad fades yo haha. Btw I shall try my APC since they need a hot wash to shrink them a bit.

Great, good luck and tell us how it goes!!
June 22, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
yungmf

suspended

should i do a pre wear soak for sanforized denim like apc
June 22, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
butters

No need to soak. Because they're sanforized they'll shrink minimally when immersed in water. Presoaking them will probably make them even harder to put on and stretch out :p
Unsanforized jeans shrink about 10% while sanforized pairs shrink 1-3%. It's best to just wear the APCs and soak/wash 6 mths from now.
June 25, 2011 @ 05:25 AM
cheab0yy

hey guys im debating if i should get a size 34 or 35 samurai 710s.... but i cant decide.. i want it to be slim but comfurtable.. i cant fit a 33 for sure.. and i own a pair of s5000 fire element in 35(hotwash) and the waist is alright but i want the whole leg to be more slim n tapered ... and i got 35 because i sag a little can someone please help...

nohomo but i want it to fit like this i34.tinypic.com/2462fwm.jpg
June 25, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
butters

hey guys im debating if i should get a size 34 or 35 samurai 710s.... but i cant decide.. i want it to be slim but comfurtable.. i cant fit a 33 for sure.. and i own a pair of s5000 fire element in 35(hotwash) and the waist is alright but i want the whole leg to be more slim n tapered ... and i got 35 because i sag a little can someone please help...

Sizing off other pairs is always a hard thing to do, for the 5000's did you size down any? I think normally people size down one. So from that I guess you'd either get a 36 in the 710, and if you didn't size down in the 5000's then get the 35 in the 710's. The 710 cut is already slimmer and more tapered than the 5000's so you don't need to size down in order for the slim fit. It sounds like you'd be closer to a 35 though since you were already considering a 34, but just double check your waist measurements and go off that. Going tts on the 710's will give you the nice slim but comfy look, and sizing down would be recommended more for skinnier built people to still give them the slim comfy look
June 25, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
yungmf

suspended

i just bought a pair of brand new apc ns,but they were folded up in my bag on the way home and i took them out and they have defined fold creases. would it make sense to take the denim to an ironing board and iron out the creases before i start wearing them or would it damage the denim
June 26, 2011 @ 01:15 AM
butters

i just bought a pair of brand new apc ns,but they were folded up in my bag on the way home and i took them out and they have defined fold creases. would it make sense to take the denim to an ironing board and iron out the creases before i start wearing them or would it damage the denim

The heat might deform the denim. APCs are sanforized but idk if you wanna try it. It is probably OK to iron them out if you really want to.

Maybe the folds are more drastic than I think? My APCs had creases when I first got 'em too cause they were in the middle of a folded pile of APCs but I had no problem after a wear.

I wouldn't risk it, those creases will probably subside after a few hours any way so I'd play it safe and just leave 'em alone.
June 26, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
yungmf

suspended

thanks
June 26, 2011 @ 06:33 PM
cheab0yy

Sizing off other pairs is always a hard thing to do, for the 5000's did you size down any? I think normally people size down one. So from that I guess you'd either get a 36 in the 710, and if you didn't size down in the 5000's then get the 35 in the 710's. The 710 cut is already slimmer and more tapered than the 5000's so you don't need to size down in order for the slim fit. It sounds like you'd be closer to a 35 though since you were already considering a 34, but just double check your waist measurements and go off that. Going tts on the 710's will give you the nice slim but comfy look, and sizing down would be recommended more for skinnier built people to still give them the slim comfy look

thank you i went with a 35 for the 710s since its the closest to 34
June 27, 2011 @ 12:56 PM
infiniteme

should i do a pre wear soak for sanforized denim like apc

With sanforized denim, soaking is optional. There are some benefits to soaking, such as increasing the life of the denim and stitching on the jeans, but there are some drawbacks as well, such as losing the initial sheen and smoothness of the denim and potentially having a little less contrast in your fades.

You can iron out the creases if they bother you, it won't damage the denim.

IME, the 710 tends to run a little bit smaller than the 5000, so between the two sizes you mentioned, the 35 would probably be the better of the two.
July 3, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
reversal

Where can i get my shit hemmed? If i got to a regular place will they do anything to the selvedge?
July 3, 2011 @ 05:11 PM
zeezyo

how much will my skulls 5010XX 6x6 shrink if I dry it on high heat in the dryer after a machine wash?

if it matters, its the old cotton from couple years back. theyve been worn in for a while and I think I lost some weight in the waist. Trying to shrink the waist about half an inch or something. never washed before either.

X

July 5, 2011 @ 10:26 AM
infiniteme

Where can i get my shit hemmed? If i got to a regular place will they do anything to the selvedge?

Just about any tailor can hem a pair of jeans. If you want it done really nicely, you'll have to find a place that does chainstitching. If you can't find a place locally, I would recommend the Denim Doctors at the Hollywood Trading Company, they do a real good job, and they accept mail-ins.

Hemming doesn't affect the selvage at all, even if you have it done at a regular place.

how much will my skulls 5010XX 6x6 shrink if I dry it on high heat in the dryer after a machine wash?

if it matters, its the old cotton from couple years back. theyve been worn in for a while and I think I lost some weight in the waist. Trying to shrink the waist about half an inch or something. never washed before either.

If you've never soaked or washed before, you can just machine wash the jeans. With Skulls, the denim is partially sanforized, so you'll get some shrinkage (about 1" in the waist) just by washing. No need to tumble dry if you are just trying to shrink by a half-inch or so.
July 6, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
butters

yeah any regular place will do a hem, but if you wanted a chain stitch it will be a little harder to find. Check out holy stitch (@holystitch) they tweet a lot and its probably easiest to contact them and stuff from there. But yeah they work with selfedge and do amazing amazing work. Selvedge wont be affected by hemming, but will be if you wanted to taper, etc.

Please login first to reply.