April 25, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
infiniteme

What does it mean by "wearing them hard?" I guess I don't really bike or skate like some people do. I'm usually just sitting around or walking around at work. Would that be why?

Yes, that would be why. The more stress you put on the fabric, the sooner it fades.
April 25, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
achae91

Yes, that would be why. The more stress you put on the fabric, the sooner it fades.

Well I guess then it makes sense. Trying to think of something that I could do that would speed it up but not cause crazy blowouts. Thanks for the insight.
May 2, 2011 @ 09:15 PM
hndlz

how do you soak a specific area? for example just the crotch?
thanks.

hndlz.tumblr.com

May 2, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
infiniteme

For something like the legs, you could put just them in the water, but for something like the crotch, I don't really see any realistic way of doing that well.
May 4, 2011 @ 07:32 PM
TH9

thanks.

...get bucket...
...submerge crotch area in water...
...profit?

cmon it's denim, not rocket science
May 5, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
jozsef_csanyi

^The problem is like with most porous wovens, water will seep through the whole thing.
Like when you dab a napkin on liquid it can spread out pretty fast.
May 15, 2011 @ 05:27 AM
AltSolution

Raw Jeans Shrinkage
Alright I got a question--

I got these levis 511, in the rigid tumbled black wash...it fit great but then after I washed them, they shrunk like 3 sizes. Now they look like girls jeans on me.

I don't care much about those jeans anymore, but I am worried about future raw jeans that I get. I got some raw jeans at H&M and they didn't shrink much at all after washing. I don't know which is more normal-- very minor shrinking or very major shrinking. I'm also not sure if the difference has to do with how they were washed. Maybe I left the levis in the dryer too long, but I can't remember enough to know for sure. That is really what the question is about--

If raw jeans are washed and dried with too much heat, are they gonna shrink as much as the levis? Or were the levis made differently from the H&M raw jeans that didn't shrink as much.
May 15, 2011 @ 02:12 PM
butters

I got these levis 511, in the rigid tumbled black wash...it fit great but then after I washed them, they shrunk like 3 sizes. Now they look like girls jeans on me.

I don't care much about those jeans anymore, but I am worried about future raw jeans that I get. I got some raw jeans at H&M and they didn't shrink much at all after washing. I don't know which is more normal-- very minor shrinking or very major shrinking. I'm also not sure if the difference has to do with how they were washed. Maybe I left the levis in the dryer too long, but I can't remember enough to know for sure. That is really what the question is about--

If raw jeans are washed and dried with too much heat, are they gonna shrink as much as the levis? Or were the levis made differently from the H&M raw jeans that didn't shrink as much.

you should definitely try avoiding the drying machine. When you put jeans in the dryer they will shrink a lot especially if they're raw, and you'll lose a lot of the rigidity you started with. with that said, it's up to you.. if you want your jeans to stay the same size with the same rigidness then just hang dry them after a wash, if you want them to shrink and become soft then i guess the dryer is your best bet. my advice tho is just skip the dryer totally because in all of my experience it just messes up your jeans. the other thing you have to remember is the hotter the temperature the more shrinkage, but don't get me wrong, if you wash your jeans theres always gonna be a little shrinkage because all the threads tense up and contract but they'll easily stretch back out. but with hotter temperatures they'll contract more and take a longer time to stretch back out. so yah, wash them cold if you don't want shrinkage, and avoid the drying machine too. just hang dry.. it takes a little longer but it will keep the jeans the way you wanted.
May 15, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
hndlz

why do ppl hang their raws a specific way after soak, or wash? and do they hang them like that all the time?? personally i just throw mine on the floor...

hndlz.tumblr.com

May 16, 2011 @ 11:44 AM
infiniteme

Shrinkage doesn't depend as much on the washing method as it does on whether the denim is sanforized (pre-shrunk) or not. Sanforized raw denim doesn't shrink much when you wash it. Unsanforized denim can shrink a lot when you wash it. Your H&Ms were probably sanforized, your Levi's were probably unsanforized.

why do ppl hang their raws a specific way after soak, or wash? and do they hang them like that all the time?? personally i just throw mine on the floor...

People hang their jeans up to dry if they don't want creases to form on the denim while it is drying. If you don't care about getting creases, then it is fine to just throw them on the floor.

Denim does tend to dry a little bit faster when hung rather than thrown on the floor.
May 16, 2011 @ 06:31 PM
hndlz

thanks man, but when i said thro them on the floor, i was talkin about after a regular day of wear. and i was asking do they hang up their jeans like that all the time and not only after a sook/wash?

hndlz.tumblr.com

May 16, 2011 @ 07:48 PM
slap

For me, I just thrown my jeans on the floor after a day of wear, hanging or folding would interupt my whiskers, combs and stacks. Thats my excuse for being a slob.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 17, 2011 @ 12:09 AM
infiniteme

thanks man, but when i said thro them on the floor, i was talkin about after a regular day of wear. and i was asking do they hang up their jeans like that all the time and not only after a sook/wash?

Oh, yeah, some people hang up their jeans after a day of wear because they don't want any non-wear creases to form. It's definitely a purist thing to do. Personally, I'm like you, I just toss them on the ground in a pile after a day of wear.

Though if I'm going to stop wearing them for a while, I do fold them before I put them away.
May 19, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
michaelgd

I've had a pair of STFs for like 3 weeks and I kind of want to shrink them again. I've only done the initial soak so far. How much would another soak shrink them or would it be a bad idea to do it again?
May 20, 2011 @ 01:07 AM
dreamkast

Time to finally get a pair of raw denim that fits right. Been through ill sized LVC 47s,Ugly 505s,too tight nudie grim tims. Heres a few pics of me and my LVC 1947s pre distressed (size 30tag) and UVCs (tagged 29).

Looking for not too baggy not to tight. Fitted :>
May 20, 2011 @ 06:44 PM
Jamie Dimon

Samurai 710 or IH 666 OD?
I know IH is like 100 more but I have the money.
I tried on 710s in BiG and they fit pretty decent. Thighs could be smaller though, i know they'll shrink with soak but even after a soak, they'll still be a bit big.

I'm going to go to SENY when i get a chance to try the 666 OD on if they have it in my size.

But just wondering, anyone have an opinion as to what to get?
This is probably going to be my last pair of raw denim so I don't want to regret the choice.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

May 20, 2011 @ 09:37 PM
Udon

I wear APC PS and the calves are skin tight after 4 months of wear.

Is there anything I can do to strech the calves out as much as possible besides wearing them?
May 20, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Time to finally get a pair of raw denim that fits right. Been through ill sized LVC 47s,Ugly 505s,too tight nudie grim tims. Heres a few pics of me and my LVC 1947s pre distressed (size 30tag) and UVCs (tagged 29).

Looking for not too baggy not to tight. Fitted :>

What do you think about N&F Weird Guys. They have a slightly closer taper than 47s so they're slim but still full enough that they're not skinny jeans. Also they tear up real fast, looks good but maybe not worth it if you want them to last 3+ years.

I tried on 710s in BiG and they fit pretty decent. Thighs could be smaller though, i know they'll shrink with soak but even after a soak, they'll still be a bit big.

I'm going to go to SENY when i get a chance to try the 666 OD on if they have it in my size.

This is probably going to be my last pair of raw denim so I don't want to regret the choice.

If it's your last pair you shouldn't settle, get something you know you'll be happy with. Between those two I say the 666s but it wouldn't hurt to keep looking.
May 21, 2011 @ 03:04 AM
PlatinumRespect

im new to raw denim and am looking for my first pair but dont wanna fuck this up...

what brand and model of raw denim would be ideal for someone tall? (im 6'5") that wants to get enough wear in them to have nice whiskers and honeycombs, and still want a little bit of stacks, but nothing overboard.

and pics are helpful too if you have them
May 21, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
butters

im new to raw denim and am looking for my first pair but dont wanna fuck this up...

what brand and model of raw denim would be ideal for someone tall? (im 6'5") that wants to get enough wear in them to have nice whiskers and honeycombs, and still want a little bit of stacks, but nothing overboard.

and pics are helpful too if you have them

Depends how much you wanna spend man. If you check out selfedge they have some imperials and samurais that have 36+ inseams... but i know those can get pretty pricey. Check out 3sixteen's too they have some longer inseams as well for a good price and imo really great denim.
May 21, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
infiniteme

I've had a pair of STFs for like 3 weeks and I kind of want to shrink them again. I've only done the initial soak so far. How much would another soak shrink them or would it be a bad idea to do it again?

Another hot soak will probably cause a little bit more shrinkage, but most likely nowhere near the amount that you got with the first soak.

These 2 jeans fit really different from each other, the 666 is a lot slimmer fitting than the 710. You should try them both on, see which one fits you better, and go with that one.

If you are equally happy with the fit of both, then I would probably go with the IH, I think their construction quality is a little bit better than Samurai's. But it's not enough of a difference to override the fit difference between these 2 jeans, so I recommend checking that out first.
May 22, 2011 @ 08:54 PM
davey5737

im looking into a new pair of denim, and really like the ih666

currently wearing the 3s sl-100x, and like the fit. the fits for both should be about the same right? im not really trying to go any slimmer than the sl-100x.
May 23, 2011 @ 12:59 AM
infiniteme

im looking into a new pair of denim, and really like the ih666

currently wearing the 3s sl-100x, and like the fit. the fits for both should be about the same right? im not really trying to go any slimmer than the sl-100x.

I think the IH 666, once soaked or washed, is a little bit slimmer throughout than the SL-100x.
May 23, 2011 @ 02:28 PM
davey5737

I think the IH 666, once soaked or washed, is a little bit slimmer throughout than the SL-100x.

do you think i could size up and it would be a fit like what im looking for? i wish i was near a se so i could actually try them on
May 25, 2011 @ 10:29 AM
infiniteme

do you think i could size up and it would be a fit like what im looking for? i wish i was near a se so i could actually try them on

You might be able to do that, but the danger in doing that is that the waist might be too loose for you, especially after stretching. With jeans, I've found that erring on the tight side is a little bit better, especially since the jeans will stretch.
May 25, 2011 @ 11:15 PM
sukafresh

what does "mij" mean on uniqlo jeans?
May 26, 2011 @ 02:53 AM
butters

made in japan
May 26, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
slap

which is different than the newer "UJ", made in china jeans with japanese influence.
it's cheaper. and you get what you pay for, but not necessarily bad.
i had a pair of UJ selvedge denim picked up winter 2010.
they were high quality kaihara denim.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 27, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
VEGETA

do all orisue "slim" fit jeans fit the same way?
if so, are they true to size?

CHEAP HEAT (S-M) http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212374

May 28, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
ndrew

i have a budget of 200 bucks for new jeans. what should i get,
i wanna upgrade from unbrandeds, and looking for a skinny but not skin tight fit.
recommendations?

www.headhunterla.com

Please login first to reply.