Small DENIM Questions Thread

May 20, 2011 @ 18:44
Samurai 710 or IH 666 OD?
I know IH is like 100 more but I have the money.
I tried on 710s in BiG and they fit pretty decent. Thighs could be smaller though, i know they'll shrink with soak but even after a soak, they'll still be a bit big.

I'm going to go to SENY when i get a chance to try the 666 OD on if they have it in my size.

But just wondering, anyone have an opinion as to what to get?
This is probably going to be my last pair of raw denim so I don't want to regret the choice.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

May 20, 2011 @ 21:37
I wear APC PS and the calves are skin tight after 4 months of wear.

Is there anything I can do to strech the calves out as much as possible besides wearing them?
May 20, 2011 @ 23:41
Time to finally get a pair of raw denim that fits right. Been through ill sized LVC 47s,Ugly 505s,too tight nudie grim tims. Heres a few pics of me and my LVC 1947s pre distressed (size 30tag) and UVCs (tagged 29).

Looking for not too baggy not to tight. Fitted :>

What do you think about N&F Weird Guys. They have a slightly closer taper than 47s so they're slim but still full enough that they're not skinny jeans. Also they tear up real fast, looks good but maybe not worth it if you want them to last 3+ years.

I tried on 710s in BiG and they fit pretty decent. Thighs could be smaller though, i know they'll shrink with soak but even after a soak, they'll still be a bit big.

I'm going to go to SENY when i get a chance to try the 666 OD on if they have it in my size.

This is probably going to be my last pair of raw denim so I don't want to regret the choice.

If it's your last pair you shouldn't settle, get something you know you'll be happy with. Between those two I say the 666s but it wouldn't hurt to keep looking.
May 21, 2011 @ 03:04
im new to raw denim and am looking for my first pair but dont wanna fuck this up...

what brand and model of raw denim would be ideal for someone tall? (im 6'5") that wants to get enough wear in them to have nice whiskers and honeycombs, and still want a little bit of stacks, but nothing overboard.

and pics are helpful too if you have them
May 21, 2011 @ 14:10
im new to raw denim and am looking for my first pair but dont wanna fuck this up...

what brand and model of raw denim would be ideal for someone tall? (im 6'5") that wants to get enough wear in them to have nice whiskers and honeycombs, and still want a little bit of stacks, but nothing overboard.

and pics are helpful too if you have them

Depends how much you wanna spend man. If you check out selfedge they have some imperials and samurais that have 36+ inseams... but i know those can get pretty pricey. Check out 3sixteen's too they have some longer inseams as well for a good price and imo really great denim.
May 21, 2011 @ 14:22
I've had a pair of STFs for like 3 weeks and I kind of want to shrink them again. I've only done the initial soak so far. How much would another soak shrink them or would it be a bad idea to do it again?

Another hot soak will probably cause a little bit more shrinkage, but most likely nowhere near the amount that you got with the first soak.

These 2 jeans fit really different from each other, the 666 is a lot slimmer fitting than the 710. You should try them both on, see which one fits you better, and go with that one.

If you are equally happy with the fit of both, then I would probably go with the IH, I think their construction quality is a little bit better than Samurai's. But it's not enough of a difference to override the fit difference between these 2 jeans, so I recommend checking that out first.
May 22, 2011 @ 20:54
im looking into a new pair of denim, and really like the ih666

currently wearing the 3s sl-100x, and like the fit. the fits for both should be about the same right? im not really trying to go any slimmer than the sl-100x.
May 23, 2011 @ 00:59
im looking into a new pair of denim, and really like the ih666

currently wearing the 3s sl-100x, and like the fit. the fits for both should be about the same right? im not really trying to go any slimmer than the sl-100x.

I think the IH 666, once soaked or washed, is a little bit slimmer throughout than the SL-100x.
May 23, 2011 @ 14:28
I think the IH 666, once soaked or washed, is a little bit slimmer throughout than the SL-100x.

do you think i could size up and it would be a fit like what im looking for? i wish i was near a se so i could actually try them on
May 25, 2011 @ 10:29
do you think i could size up and it would be a fit like what im looking for? i wish i was near a se so i could actually try them on

You might be able to do that, but the danger in doing that is that the waist might be too loose for you, especially after stretching. With jeans, I've found that erring on the tight side is a little bit better, especially since the jeans will stretch.
May 25, 2011 @ 23:15
what does "mij" mean on uniqlo jeans?
May 26, 2011 @ 02:53

made in japan
May 26, 2011 @ 12:50

which is different than the newer "UJ", made in china jeans with japanese influence.
it's cheaper. and you get what you pay for, but not necessarily bad.
i had a pair of UJ selvedge denim picked up winter 2010.
they were high quality kaihara denim.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 27, 2011 @ 18:48
do all orisue "slim" fit jeans fit the same way?
if so, are they true to size?

CHEAP HEAT (S-M) http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212374

May 28, 2011 @ 15:04
i have a budget of 200 bucks for new jeans. what should i get,
i wanna upgrade from unbrandeds, and looking for a skinny but not skin tight fit.
recommendations?

www.headhunterla.com

May 28, 2011 @ 19:17
I can only suggest Naked & Famous since they're the only raw denim I've worn. I have the Weird Guy cut and I really like them even tho I could have sized down one. Take a look at their skinny guy cut jeans.
May 28, 2011 @ 21:56
check out naked and famous, 3sixteen, apc
May 29, 2011 @ 14:47
Does anyone know any raw denim brands that would have my size?
I wear a 25-26 and I rarely see my size anywhere besides on apcs and nudies
thanks
May 29, 2011 @ 16:10
i wanna upgrade from unbrandeds, and looking for a skinny but not skin tight fit.
recommendations?

I would suggest apc petit standards and that's the one in working on right now, it's tight but not skin tight. Also, weird guys arnt that slim @lcky
May 29, 2011 @ 18:31
Somet and Dior go down to 26.
May 29, 2011 @ 22:45
recommendations?

I'd recommend APC and Naked & Famous as brands to check out. Different people have different definitions of what a "skinny" fit is exactly, but for N&F, I would check out the Skinny Guy cut, and for APC, I would check out the New Cure and Petite Standard cuts.
May 30, 2011 @ 01:13
I would suggest apc petit standards and that's the one in working on right now, it's tight but not skin tight. Also, weird guys arnt that slim @lcky

Sized wrongggggggggggg >smh

insta: sihalanick

May 30, 2011 @ 02:28
Thanks guys!
Yeah I'm a skinny dude so skinny fits are like slims on me.
I'll look into n&f's 3sixteens and apcs

www.headhunterla.com

May 30, 2011 @ 11:49
how's the quality on obey raw denim? im thinking about copping a pair.
May 30, 2011 @ 23:17
I'm looking for some slim fitting (slim straight or slightly tapered) black coated denim. I know about the Nudie Grim tim and Thin Finn, but I'm wondering if there's some different brands out there. Not really a fan of Nudie.
May 31, 2011 @ 00:56
i feel ya on the nudies, not that much of a fan either. check out the naked and famous black selvedge, 3sixteens got a black pair thats pretty dope too. also take a look at thvm atelier, they have some really nice black jeans not raw or selvedge but damn nice fits and for a pretty good price point too, i know revolveclothing has them if you wanna check it out
May 31, 2011 @ 14:21
Are any of those coated though? I couldn't find any
May 31, 2011 @ 15:42
no dice, coated black is pretty hard to find lol

I did find a raw black coated slim fit jean by Obey on Karmaloop though:
http://www.karmaloop.com/Products.aspx?productID=119815&VendorCode=OBE
Jun 04, 2011 @ 00:11
i have nudie dbc and i love em.
Jun 05, 2011 @ 18:54
I have a pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guy's in Indigo Selvedge.
They stretched quite a bit, as well as they had "knee bags" and stretched near the knee area to the point where they looked ridiculous.
I decided to soak them, and now they're basically not stiff at all to the point where it won't retain any honeycombs, whiskers, etc. I soaked them following instructions.. So I don't think I did it wrong..

So I'm wondering how I can avoid kneebags, and how I can make them stiff again..? Was reading about starch, but would like to confirm!
Please login first to reply.