Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 12, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
fatassj

Unfortunately, of the brands that SE carries, the highest contrast faders, Flat Heads, are also the fastest faders.

If you like the fading on those Imperials that you showed pictures of, you should go with a pair of those. They don't fade as fast as Flat Heads do.

Really, flathead? I've seen so many Iron Heart high contrast fading, and so far Flatheads haven't been looking so nice. I guess I haven't looked deep enough, grr.
I like the fading of Imperials but I really only like darker indigo pants, that at least stay darker indigo as long as it can. So none to the Imperials. Maybe I'll go with Iron Heart, but I'll need to look at tons of more fading pics. They are, good denim though right? Good contrast?

If you want something that stays dark long try natural indigo. Left Field made some jeans out of 16 oz natty, takes forever to get wear on. Working on some right now and they are pretty tough.
The VX denim also comes to mind but I've never worn in a pair.

Natural Indigo, okay I'll look out for that. When you mean forever to get wear on, what amount of time is that? What is the amount of an average pair of denim, 12-16 months to look finished and nice? I'll look into Left Field, but if not then I think I just might go with Iron Heart, from what I seen it has high contrast but I suppose it's because I've only seen a few pics, plus it doesn't seem to fade too fast.
March 12, 2011 @ 10:21 AM
infiniteme

how much does dry cleaning shrink denim

and how much does it shrink difftypes of denim

With sanforized raw denim, from my experience, the shrinkage is negligible with dry cleaning. With unsanforized (shrink-to-fit) raw denim, I've been told that shrinkage is about 1" in the inseam and a little less than that in the waist.

Really, flathead? I've seen so many Iron Heart high contrast fading, and so far Flatheads haven't been looking so nice. I guess I haven't looked deep enough, grr.
I like the fading of Imperials but I really only like darker indigo pants, that at least stay darker indigo as long as it can. So none to the Imperials. Maybe I'll go with Iron Heart, but I'll need to look at tons of more fading pics. They are, good denim though right? Good contrast?

From my experience, Flat Heads fade with higher contrast than Iron Hearts. Fading results do vary with the wearer and the washing schedule. As a general rule of thumb, the faster a jean fades, the better the contrast you can get with the fading.

If you like how Iron Heart's fades look, I'd certainly recommend that brand. Excellent denim, great contrast on fades.

Natural Indigo, okay I'll look out for that. When you mean forever to get wear on, what amount of time is that? What is the amount of an average pair of denim, 12-16 months to look finished and nice? I'll look into Left Field, but if not then I think I just might go with Iron Heart, from what I seen it has high contrast but I suppose it's because I've only seen a few pics, plus it doesn't seem to fade too fast.

Natural indigo is great stuff, but be aware that it tends not to fade with high contrast. So if you really want high contrast fades, I don't think natural indigo jeans are the way to go.
March 12, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
adriansir

Flat head is known for it's insane fading properties, just look through briefly through several of the evo threads on superfuture and you're sure to be convinced. I've been seeing a lot of high contrast pairs of IH recently but it's honestly much harder to fade to high contrast than brands such as flat head or (old) skulls. It really depends on how you wear it.

Regarding your second question.... 'forever' depends on how hard you wear them... there's no frame of time in which you will achieve a certain amt of fading.

I own a pair of iron heart and would recommend them, and they do fade pretty slowly which is what you're looking for, from what i've read.
March 14, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
fatassj

@infiniteme and @adriansir

Then I think I will look more into Flathead and Ironheart, then. Thanks guys for narrowing down what I want to those 2 brands, but do you guys think any other brand I should check out?
March 14, 2011 @ 06:37 PM
infiniteme

@infiniteme and @adriansir

Then I think I will look more into Flathead and Ironheart, then. Thanks guys for narrowing down what I want to those 2 brands, but do you guys think any other brand I should check out?

I would focus on those 2 brands for now, since it sounds like you're going to get what you are looking for from one of those two labels.
March 14, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
fatassj

I would focus on those 2 brands for now, since it sounds like you're going to get what you are looking for from one of those two labels.

ight sounds cool. thanks peoples. gunna try on few fits of each and see what ill do with my awkward legs at selfedge.
March 15, 2011 @ 03:21 AM
adriansir

ight sounds cool. thanks peoples. gunna try on few fits of each and see what ill do with my awkward legs at selfedge.

if you're actually going to the store, the guys there are really knowledgeable and helpful, don't worry you'll find the pair you're looking for for sure. iron heart and flat head are two totally different types of denim, and if you're interested in the properties flat head has there are plenty of other jeans with those characteristics. but as i said the dudes as SE will definitely answer any questions you have.
March 17, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
wedunluvdemhoz

Hey guys I need a little help.

I'm a slight bit overweight at 5'7 and wear a size 35 comfortably and can fit 34. I've tested out two pairs of APCs already, NS at 31 (these were far too tight for my frame) and Rescues at 31 (again, the pant leg width just doesn't look good on me). I am going for a little bit of a baggy look. I was advised to size down two to three sizes so I took my normal 34, which I can fit, and brought that down 3. These both resulted in jeans which pant legs width look a little too tight for me, even the Rescues.

If i want to go for a wider pant leg width, should I just go for my natural size 34/35 and live with the fact that the waist will stretch out in the future? Also, How much of a difference will going one size up make on the width of the pant leg? Maybe I should try 32 Rescues.

Thanks.
March 19, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
DMVKid

If I hem a pair of jeans that was already hemmed(chain stitched) would that mess up the jeans?
March 20, 2011 @ 03:50 AM
Dark335i

Can someone please recommend me some nice slim-fit jeans?
March 20, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
fatassj

if you're actually going to the store, the guys there are really knowledgeable and helpful, don't worry you'll find the pair you're looking for for sure. iron heart and flat head are two totally different types of denim, and if you're interested in the properties flat head has there are plenty of other jeans with those characteristics. but as i said the dudes as SE will definitely answer any questions you have.

Cool man. But yeah I think I'm going with Iron Heart. Thanks you guys for all your help. Time to now find the fits I like razz

EDIT: Holy snaps Ironheart is much more expensive than I thought! I was thinking 300ish, but they are 350-380, some being 450! Any close alternatives for cheaper?
March 21, 2011 @ 11:29 AM
offdee

If I hem a pair of jeans that was already hemmed(chain stitched) would that mess up the jeans?

Hemming means shortening of the legs..if that is really what you're wanting to do than it won't make a difference as all of your past hem stitching will just go away now (since you're making them even shorter)

Tapering is making the leg opening smaller (from knee/thigh down to ankle) and not changing the lenght at all. Even then it shouldn't matter....tailor will just remove old stitching and replace with new stitchgin
March 21, 2011 @ 01:03 PM
DespicableMe

Can you help me to find this jeans?
March 23, 2011 @ 11:10 AM
orucker

Can't decide:

Skulls vs Eternals vs Samurai vs IH

APC PS were too low rise for me.
March 23, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
fatassj

Hey guys. Thanks for helping me pick what expesnive denim I wanted, but I lost my job recently.. don't ask why lol

Basically right now I'm asking for the best bang for my buck, as I don't have that much $$$.. Iron heart is way too expensive for me, and brands such as APC and Imperial don't come in dark indigo but a little lighter (still dark) indigo. Do you guys know any cheaper, but still end up looking nice fades and contrast for their price, brands of denim that come in darker indigo?
March 24, 2011 @ 11:01 AM
orucker

Best place to get APCs taper in New York/ North Jersey?
March 24, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
ByeByeBinLaden

Can someone please recommend me some nice slim-fit jeans?

levis 514. basic slim jeans.
March 24, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
ByeByeBinLaden

alright im looking for the highest quality denim for under 60$. it might be cheap, but its all i have and i really need new denim.
March 24, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Can't decide:

Skull 5507 fit pretty good when I tried them and Take 5 still has a few left online it seems.

Hey guys. Thanks for helping me pick what expesnive denim I wanted, but I lost my job recently.. don't ask why lol

Basically right now I'm asking for the best bang for my buck, as I don't have that much $$$.. Iron heart is way too expensive for me, and brands such as APC and Imperial don't come in dark indigo but a little lighter (still dark) indigo. Do you guys know any cheaper, but still end up looking nice fades and contrast for their price, brands of denim that come in darker indigo?

If you're actually going to put good hard wear into them try Left Field natties man. BiG still has a few left in smaller sizes. But remember you won't get much contrast for at least a half year, then after a few washes the parts that do fade will sit brilliantly on the spots with dye left.

alright im looking for the highest quality denim for under 60$. it might be cheap, but its all i have and i really need new denim.

At that price the best places to look are sale racks and FS boards. The first jean that comes to mind under $60 retail is the 501.
March 24, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
ByeByeBinLaden

At that price the best places to look are sale racks and FS boards. The first jean that comes to mind under $60 retail is the 501.

Damn Already got those -_-
March 27, 2011 @ 09:49 PM
mistahdabolina

if you save up around 20$ more you could go for some unbranded brand denim. just note the button will probably pop off, urban outfitters and american rag has em

you may even be able to find some f/s as stated above
March 28, 2011 @ 11:34 AM
infiniteme

Can't decide:

Personally, I like IH the best of those brands. They have the best range of fits and the best quality of construction of those 4 brands. They will likely be the most expensive of the 4, though.
March 29, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
lstplcwnr

I'm assuming it's rains a lot where you live.. I'm pretty sure if you single cuff them, it'll reduce the bleeding (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Don't bother washing them or soaking them for the sake of it bleeding; if you're really worried, I know some who have taped the inside of their leg opening in order for it to stop.. but it's pointless. Find out what the weather's going to be like the day before you wear your jeans, choose your shoes properly (you obviously can't see bleeding on black sneakers) and pay attention to where you're stepping (in case of water and shit).
March 30, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
QTip

Got my flatheads bsp a week ago and I've been wearing them for a week, tryna stretch them out.. But they're still tight in the thigh and the legs (not the waist). I also haven't soaked them yet either and seeing as how theyre un sanforized, they're probably gonna stretch out a lot. You guys have any tips for me? Should I just soak them in cold water for maybe 10-15 minutes after another week of wear and wear them while drying?
March 30, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
jozsef_csanyi

If they're uncomfortable before major shrinkage you should probably return for a bigger size.
March 30, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
QTip

I don't think i can return them.. I've already worn them. They're not uncomfortable.. Just a little tight. I think I'm gonna wear them for a bit longer and then soak them. Thoughts?
March 31, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
ony

I sent my jeans to big about over a week ago to get hemmed, how long does it normally take for them to come back?
April 1, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
jozsef_csanyi

QTip I've never owned BSP Flats so this is just conjecture but if they're already tight they're probably going to be real tough to wear after shrinking. Maybe a fun challenge though if you like stretching denim out.
April 2, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
infiniteme

When do denims usually stop bleeding on to shoes? Just getting more opinions here. I got my APC's last week and they bleed like hell on my Vans Authentic white laces lol. I know it won't be a while unless I wash it a lot, which I know I won't cause I won't be washing until at least like September or so... But I wanted to know cause the Jordan 3's are coming out this June in the true blue colorway and they look dope with denims -- just don't want them to stain or nothing. Thanks.

Raw denim bleeds for a long time, it usually doesn't stop until you wash the jeans at least a few times.

Got my flatheads bsp a week ago and I've been wearing them for a week, tryna stretch them out.. But they're still tight in the thigh and the legs (not the waist). I also haven't soaked them yet either and seeing as how theyre un sanforized, they're probably gonna stretch out a lot. You guys have any tips for me? Should I just soak them in cold water for maybe 10-15 minutes after another week of wear and wear them while drying?

I don't think i can return them.. I've already worn them. They're not uncomfortable.. Just a little tight. I think I'm gonna wear them for a bit longer and then soak them. Thoughts?

If your unsanforized denim is tight even before a soak, you probably bought them one size too small. However, from your description of the fit, you should be OK as long as you keep all of your soaks and washes cold. A hot wash or soak might make these too small for you to get back into.
April 2, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
ryun

how can i stop my leg twist? shits bothering me real hard.

Please login first to reply.