March 1, 2011 @ 04:18 PM
adriansir

momotaro denim or PBJ's??????
im stuck between these two

I'd go with momotaro, if you want something really understated with great details and contrasted but not overly exaggerated fades. I'd go with PBJ's if you're into insane slub and high contrast fading. From the fits I've seen, I personally prefer momotaro's silhouettes.
March 1, 2011 @ 07:28 PM
st3p.

whats the cheapest pairs of raws? can be anything. I just want a pair to fuck around with
March 1, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
jozsef_csanyi

In North America cheapest and easiest to find are probably 501 STFs($40 USD). Cheapest but still solid are probably Wrangler 13MWZ or the slimmer 936, both about $25 USD at Langston's.
March 2, 2011 @ 10:40 AM
infiniteme

Thinking of getting Levi 501 STF's or 511's. I've yet to try them on at the mall, but I had the 505's and they were a little baggy or loose for me. And they say that's the 'zipper fly' version of the 501's. But the ones I didn't have weren't STF's. Do STF's usually end up shrinking the leg width as well? I usually purchase 34x30 but recently noticed they skid the ground when I wear my Vans so maybe I'm more like a 34x29 or 33x29 or something like that... so should I order online 34x32 for STF's?

STFs usually end up shrinking about .5" in the leg width and about 2-3" in the inseam length. Not sure if the Levi's shrink to or from tagged size though.
March 3, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
fatassj

Yo Long story short my imperials after a couple months of wear are gone. SO i'm looking for a new denim to start wearing. Any suggestions of a budget up to 350?
I'm looking for a levi 514 fit with a more tapered leg opening, a dark indigo pair and a black pair.
I'm really digging Flathead fades but digging Ironheart fits and shades. I haven't seen too much though, i've only come across a couple dozen pictures going back pages and pages on here and sufu.

any suggestions? all in all i just want the best fading. some people tell me FH fades really fast too? anyone fill me in?
March 4, 2011 @ 01:32 AM
lstplcwnr

i've had my apc's for almost one year (11 1/2 months so far) and i plan on making them touch water. My question is, what did you guys first do? a wash or a soak? If wash, what kind of wash? hot/cold? w/ detergent, w/o? If soak, cold/hot and how long? Again, these are almost 1 year APC NS's. pre and post pictures of person experiences would be nice.
cool

bump

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

March 4, 2011 @ 08:40 AM
4cubanlinxpt2

Yo Long story short my imperials after a couple months of wear are gone. SO i'm looking for a new denim to start wearing. Any suggestions of a budget up to 350?
The
flathead f380 Straight frontier
real japan blues 103BSP - Slim Tapered
and various various iron hearts featured on the selfedge website
ALL look prett good to me with the correct fitting. any reviews/suggestions on these brands with the fading or the difference or should it not really matter?

samurai s710s &)
March 4, 2011 @ 06:01 PM
jozsef_csanyi

I'm looking for a levi 514 fit with a more tapered leg opening, a dark indigo pair and a black pair.
I'm really digging Flathead fades but digging Ironheart fits and shades. I haven't seen too much though, i've only come across a couple dozen pictures going back pages and pages on here and sufu.

any suggestions? all in all i just want the best fading. some people tell me FH fades really fast too? anyone fill me in?

Something using Cone. Left Field uses it in a lot of their runs and most pairs are around or under $200.
March 4, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
fatassj

Something using Cone. Left Field uses it in a lot of their runs and most pairs are around or under $200.

Cone? What is this? I forgot to say, fading's not the number ONE thing I mean it has to be nicely constructed too I guess as well as fits for me.
March 4, 2011 @ 08:34 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Cone denim fades pretty nicely but on average slower than 3XXX. All the Left Fields I've tried are real solid, at least on the same level as Sugar Cane in terms of construction. They only have 1 fit in production nowadays that is similar to a 514 but with a slightly deeper taper.
March 4, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
fatassj

Cone denim fades pretty nicely but on average slower than 3XXX. All the Left Fields I've tried are real solid, at least on the same level as Sugar Cane in terms of construction. They only have 1 fit in production nowadays that is similar to a 514 but with a slightly deeper taper.

what's 3XXX? and do they have any shops around bay area/SF/SJ? i really like to try on denim before i buy them, my legs are awkward as fuck. its weird how 2 similar denims will give me 2 diff looks.
March 4, 2011 @ 11:35 PM
4cubanlinxpt2

samurai s710s &)
March 5, 2011 @ 01:57 AM
infiniteme

Gonna quote myself here: I'll be purchasing my first raw denim's in the Levi 501 STF's either today or this weekend. Just double checking... it's these ones right? In the indigo color? us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11301980&cp=3146842.3146854

I wear 34x30 Levi 514's right now. I want to get my size perfect especially when I'm ordering online, so...

For the waist. I need to wear a belt and tighten it by one notch with my Levi 514's. And since they're 34", does that mean I'm really a 33"? So then I should buy 33" because it says to size down 1" on the waist. Although, what if I'm really a 34" and end up with a 32" waist line for my jeans? Will that be ok and stretch out?

As for the in seams, I think I'm more of a 33" because when I wear my Vans authentics, they scrape the ground even when I cuff them. They don't scrape the ground when I double cuff them though. The leg openings for the 514's and the 501's are the same but the 501's shrink by .5" I heard. So should I get 32" in seams to hope it shrinks down to about 29" or 30", at the longest?

So final size to purchase from the online store: 33"x32"? Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have any direct experience with this exact cut of jean and the denim used to construct it. Without knowing whether these shrink to tagged size or shrink from tagged size, I can't give you accurate advice on sizing. Sorry.

bump

I already gave you my recommendation, it is in post #4599 on the previous page of this thread. Unless you are looking for more than one opinion?

what's 3XXX? and do they have any shops around bay area/SF/SJ? i really like to try on denim before i buy them, my legs are awkward as fuck. its weird how 2 similar denims will give me 2 diff looks.

3XXX is the flagship denim that Flat Head uses. It is considered to be a very fast fader.
March 5, 2011 @ 02:03 AM
fatassj

between the denim companies at selfedge, which top 5 probably fade the best? (sorry for asking for 5, if i ask for 1 i might get a result that doesnt have a fit i could like)
March 5, 2011 @ 02:16 AM
infiniteme

between the denim companies at selfedge, which top 5 probably fade the best? (sorry for asking for 5, if i ask for 1 i might get a result that doesnt have a fit i could like)

What do you mean by "the best"? Different people have different opinions on what makes some fades better than others. Are you looking for the fastest faders? Are you looking for the highest contrast?
March 5, 2011 @ 09:54 AM
infiniteme

It's okay, and it's whatever. I just decided, and for the final decision, that I'll be purchasing A.P.C. jeans. No need to settle for less quality jeans when they aren't the ones I really want. If I wait a couple more months, I should be able to get them... just gotta save more.

I think that's a good choice. APCs are definitely nicer than $40 Levi's STFs. Be aware that the APCs are sanforized, so they won't really shrink, and soaking will be optional on them.
March 5, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
adriansir

whats the cheapest pairs of raws? can be anything. I just want a pair to fuck around with

unbranded, which is the shit you can get at urban. actually i think urban just released their own house selvage, which is probably even cheaper >.>. if you wan't something slightly better you could wait for the naked and famous sales on gilt.
March 6, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
fatassj

What do you mean by "the best"? Different people have different opinions on what makes some fades better than others. Are you looking for the fastest faders? Are you looking for the highest contrast?

Sorry for wasting your time bro. But yeah now that I think of it, definitely highest contrast. img46.imageshack.us/i/4581656699edfc3e1c7fo.jpg/ looks awesome, but i'm looking for something more dark indigo. As for the time of fading, I guess that wouldn't be that important but I don't want something that fades too fast, definitely beauty/contrast over the time. If i could though, I'd pick something that takes longer, as it'll save money in my high-contrast pockets.
March 6, 2011 @ 10:46 PM
infiniteme

Working a couple extra days this week and a couple more during Spring Break to be able to make room to purchase some APC jeans. Was going to go with Levi 501's until the last minute where some hours opened up this weekend at work. Called my other job place at home and my boss said she would find some hours for me to do so, so this will work out great.

Sorry for the indecisiveness (this must be the 8th or so time I changed my mind, haha!) but what do you guys think my size for APC jeans would be? I don't want them to be too tight, as I don't think Levi 510's will look great on me at all. I am willing to try out some Levi 511-type fits but I think the 514's are good on me as well. I'm basically looking at New Standard or New Cure.

I'm 5'7", I usually wear 34x30 for Levi's, but I think I can fit into some jeans with a 33" waist because I often have to wear my Levi's with a belt tightened one level. Also, I may be a 29" leg not a 30", because when I wear my Vans authentics with my Levi 514's, they scrape the ground unless I cuff the bottom. But then again, that may just be the fact that Vans are really low shoes and Levi 514 leg openings are not as tight as APC jeans - I don't have this problem when wearing any other shoes aside from Vans. I have no idea on the sizing of APC jeans, so I'd really like some advice from anyone that has an opinion on this. Thanks!

I'm not really familiar with Levi's sizing, so I can't tell you how to size APCs relative to your Levi's size. You need to either measure your waist to get a true waist measurement, or you need to find a pair of jeans that fits you the way you want them to and measure the waist on them. Do not go on tag size, it can be very misleading depending on what brand you are referring to. Use this guide to measure the waist on your jeans: blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

Once you have this measurement, subtract 2" from it to find the correct tag size in APC NS or NC for you. Also, APCs only come in one inseam length (33"-35" depending on waist size), so your inseam measurement is irrelevant here; you will either have to hem or let them stack. I don't really recommend cuffing for a leg opening as small what the NS and NC have.

Sorry for wasting your time bro. But yeah now that I think of it, definitely highest contrast. img46.imageshack.us/i/4581656699edfc3e1c7fo.jpg/ looks awesome, but i'm looking for something more dark indigo. As for the time of fading, I guess that wouldn't be that important but I don't want something that fades too fast, definitely beauty/contrast over the time. If i could though, I'd pick something that takes longer, as it'll save money in my high-contrast pockets.

Unfortunately, of the brands that SE carries, the highest contrast faders, Flat Heads, are also the fastest faders.

If you like the fading on those Imperials that you showed pictures of, you should go with a pair of those. They don't fade as fast as Flat Heads do.
March 7, 2011 @ 08:49 AM
jozsef_csanyi

If you want something that stays dark long try natural indigo. Left Field made some jeans out of 16 oz natty, takes forever to get wear on. Working on some right now and they are pretty tough.
The VX denim also comes to mind but I've never worn in a pair.
March 7, 2011 @ 08:54 AM
vvl

Normal denim stretch
Do normal denim stretch after being washed for too many times? Seems like my 501 stretched quite alot after regular washing. Any ways to make it shrink back?
March 7, 2011 @ 10:02 AM
infiniteme

If you want something that stays dark long try natural indigo. Left Field made some jeans out of 16 oz natty, takes forever to get wear on. Working on some right now and they are pretty tough.
The VX denim also comes to mind but I've never worn in a pair.

I would not recommend natural indigo jeans if you are looking for high contrast fades. In part because they fade so slow, natural indigo jeans don't tend to fade with a whole lot of contrast. Their fades come out more vintage-style.

The VX denim is a good choice for high contrast fades, but it's not available at SE.

Do normal denim stretch after being washed for too many times? Seems like my 501 stretched quite alot after regular washing. Any ways to make it shrink back?

All denim stretches from being worn, but the more you wash it, the faster and easier it stretches back out. Unfortunately, there's no good solution to shrink it once it has stretched out. You can wash it and put it in the tumble dryer, which will shrink it to its smallest possible size, but it will stretch back out again really fast, usually within a day of wear.
March 8, 2011 @ 12:48 AM
vvl

Raw jeans
Do raw jeans generally stretches out alot when worn? I mean i know apcs stretches out alot thus the sizing down when buying it but do other raw jeans like gstar raws or uniqlo selvage stretches like the rest? Do we need to factor in the sizing down when it comes to buying these raws?
March 8, 2011 @ 09:49 AM
jozsef_csanyi

How can you seriously even ask that.
March 8, 2011 @ 10:01 AM
infiniteme

Do raw jeans generally stretches out alot when worn? I mean i know apcs stretches out alot thus the sizing down when buying it but do other raw jeans like gstar raws or uniqlo selvage stretches like the rest? Do we need to factor in the sizing down when it comes to buying these raws?

All denim, raw or not, stretches, and sitting down will make your denim stretch more.
March 8, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
Kslo

are there any other denim tshirts like the Wild child Denim tshirt? such an awesome shirt

http://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/

March 10, 2011 @ 04:13 AM
stemz

Is it bad if i steamed my naked & famous denim cause they got pretty wet when it was raining??
I really didn't want to put them in the dryer.
March 10, 2011 @ 11:24 PM
infiniteme

Is it bad if i steamed my naked & famous denim cause they got pretty wet when it was raining??
I really didn't want to put them in the dryer.

Probably not. Hot steam might cause some really minor shrinkage if there's enough of it, but you probably didn't steam the jeans long enough to affect anything.
March 11, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
Minced

how much does dry cleaning shrink denim

and how much does it shrink difftypes of denim
March 11, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
D. Rose

how to size on grim tims?

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

Please login first to reply.