Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 16, 2011 @ 03:20 AM
weinyeong

will sagging jeans blow out the crotch?
February 16, 2011 @ 09:04 AM
infiniteme

will sagging jeans blow out the crotch?

You'll increase your chances of blowing out the crotch if you sag, it puts more strain on that area of the jeans.
February 21, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
TMS2787

Anyone know anything about these?

PRPS Heirloom Raw Wash Selvedge Barracuda cut jeans. These are made in the USA.

The buyer said they are labeled as raw, but are really rigid? Said they are vanity sized like crazy. Anyone have them or know anything? What's the fit like and quality like? I need a new pair of raw/slev jeans.
February 22, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
fatbro

thinking about getting my saddlemans tapered

can i just go to any reasonably well reviewed tailor on yelp?
February 23, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
aztecasteve

momotaro denim or PBJ's??????
im stuck between these two
February 23, 2011 @ 09:21 AM
infiniteme

I got my Levi 514's for Christmas and have been wearing them on and off since then. Now, I'll be wearing them pretty much every day. Except I got them in the 34x30 size, and I think I'm more of a 33x29. I don't want them scraping the ground when I wear my Vans authentics, so can I still hot soak them or is it too late for that?

Unless your 514s are shrink-to-fit, hot soaking won't make much of a difference in their length. You best bet would be to cuff or hem, though cuffing on slimmer jeans doesn't really look good IMO, and you might not have enough material to hem with if you are only trying to shorten the inseam by 1". Maybe just wear different shoes with this pair of jeans?

Both are excellent, but the denim is really different between the two. Momotaro denim is smooth and tightly woven, and it's a little bit heavier between the two brands. PBJ denim is slubby and more loosely woven. You can't really go wrong with either brand, but it will depend on your denim preferences.
February 23, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
trevxv3

so Ive had my N&F denim for like a month now, and I was wondering if there is a way to re-stack my denim for a couple reasons:
1) the left leg stacking is sad
2) i made my cuffs a tad too big
3) my right leg stacks are meh

so if there is a way to get rid of the creases that have formed and start over that would be cool to know, if not just say so and dont flame me please..

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

February 23, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
Unreachable

so Ive had my N&F denim for like a month now, and I was wondering if there is a way to re-stack my denim for a couple reasons:

so if there is a way to get rid of the creases that have formed and start over that would be cool to know, if not just say so and dont flame me please..

Not sure if this is the correct way, but try ironing them down.
February 23, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
laxlife1234

PBJ's, fading properties are insane on them!

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

February 23, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
slap

Iron it. And if you have, spray some starch on and then iron.

However, if you've worn it for a month.. then it may have some slight fade and if you try adjusting it, might end up ruining your stacks in the long run.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

February 24, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
himynameisblank

why do people sea soak their jeans?
when should you sea soak?

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

February 24, 2011 @ 11:59 AM
bzgz

Sea soaking jeans prevent loss of indigo due to the salt in the water.
February 25, 2011 @ 12:15 AM
infiniteme

The main reason for soaking jeans, at least with unsanforized (shrink-to-fit denim), is to get the shrinkage out with as little indigo loss as possible.

Like bzgz said, sea soaking is a way of doing it to maximize indigo retention, as the sea salt supposedly helps the non-excess indigo adhere to the denim better.
February 25, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
D. Rose

Anyone know were I could get size 27 Weirdguys in BLACK? I've been looking forever.

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

February 25, 2011 @ 01:38 AM
ryun

my stacks are pretty bad atm what can i do to fix em like my left and right stack are not identical what so ever.
February 25, 2011 @ 06:09 PM
infiniteme

my stacks are pretty bad atm what can i do to fix em like my left and right stack are not identical what so ever.

Most people just leave their stacks alone, they tend to settle down over time with more wear.
February 25, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
justinshadow

Do rigid jeans stay as stiff as raw denim does?
February 26, 2011 @ 12:17 AM
abrok99

sorry if this question has been answered or asked before but i have a pair of unbranded jeans that are stiff as shit and im gonna soak them tomorrow but dont really know how. how long should i soak them for and should they be inside out. should the water be hot or cold. thanks
February 26, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
D. Rose

they're supposed to be stiff at first. you're supposed to break them in, that's my favorite part..

February 26, 2011 @ 01:21 AM
infiniteme

Do rigid jeans stay as stiff as raw denim does?

Most rigid denim is raw, so typically, yes it does.

sorry if this question has been answered or asked before but i have a pair of unbranded jeans that are stiff as shit and im gonna soak them tomorrow but dont really know how. how long should i soak them for and should they be inside out. should the water be hot or cold. thanks

Soaking is optional with Unbrandeds, but if you are going to do it, I would do it in hot water for at least a half hour. From my experience, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether they are inside out or not.
February 26, 2011 @ 03:12 PM
mistahdabolina

What are the benefits of having heavier denim? like 18oz-26oz, is it just for higher contrasting fades and and extra stiffness? i heard they break down a bit faster too
February 26, 2011 @ 03:43 PM
davidxx

gonna pick up some new denim on monday, been looking at the nudie grim tim's or slim jims, any recommendations for other brands with the same style/fit

currently wearing nudie thin finn but i'm after something a little bit looser.

thanks
February 26, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
ac_slater

gonna pick up some new denim on monday, been looking at the nudie grim tim's or slim jims, any recommendations for other brands with the same style/fit

currently wearing nudie thin finn but i'm after something a little bit looser.

thanks

Well there's always NF weird guys.
February 26, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
jozsef_csanyi

What are the benefits of having heavier denim? like 18oz-26oz, is it just for higher contrasting fades and and extra stiffness? i heard they break down a bit faster too

Just for the experience. Some people say they're warmer but that's more due to the weave tension than thicker yarns since it's all still real breathable cotton. It does feel a little different the heavier you go though. Higher contrast is more reliant on the dyeing method and cotton used. Same with wear expectancy.
February 26, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
infiniteme

I think it is mainly for a different feel. Heavier denim does not necessarily fade with more contrast, nor is it necessarily stiffer than lighter denim. From my experience with heavier denim, it does tend to keep you warm better than lighter denim in cold weather, and the denim itself does tend to be more durable than lighter denim. That says nothing about the stitching, of course.
February 26, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
lstplcwnr

i've had my apc's for almost one year (11 1/2 months so far) and i plan on making them touch water. My question is, what did you guys first do? a wash or a soak? If wash, what kind of wash? hot/cold? w/ detergent, w/o? If soak, cold/hot and how long? Again, these are almost 1 year APC NS's. pre and post pictures of person experiences would be nice.
cool

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

February 27, 2011 @ 07:54 AM
davidxx

Well there's always NF weird guys.

thanks
February 27, 2011 @ 09:00 AM
infiniteme

i've had my apc's for almost one year (11 1/2 months so far) and i plan on making them touch water. My question is, what did you guys first do? a wash or a soak? If wash, what kind of wash? hot/cold? w/ detergent, w/o? If soak, cold/hot and how long? Again, these are almost 1 year APC NS's. pre and post pictures of person experiences would be nice.
cool

If you've been wearing them for almost a full year, your jeans are probably pretty dirty, and you've probably got some good contrast fades ready to go. I would recommend a hot wash with either Woolite Dark or some sort of organic detergent like Dr. Bronner's to bring out the contrast in your fades the best.
February 28, 2011 @ 09:13 PM
D. Rose

What's the closest fit to a 27 in N&F Weirdguys? in Nudies or APC?

March 1, 2011 @ 02:55 PM
mistahdabolina

How long do Levi 501 STF's usually last before their fade kind of makes them un-wearable? I'm comparing them to APC's... I'm tight on budget but if APC's are DEFINITELY worth it, I may go for it if the Levi's will just go 'broke' in a couple months or so.

levi's 501's will last you a while, some people on the nudie's forums wore them for a year in a contest, check it out if you can, kinda makes m want to get some 501's after seeing their fades

Please login first to reply.