FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
February 3, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
infiniteme

Hey,

can anyone tell me whether the 501xx are shrink to fit or not?
I just got a pair via eBay but they really fit like ***.

Thank you!

From what I've been told, the "XX" in 501XX means "shrink-to-fit". However, the jeans in the pictures that you put up look like they've been washed already, so they probably won't shrink much more if at all.
February 3, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
tripleMike

can someone direct me to some quality lighter washed denim?
February 3, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Acne(bunch of washes), LVC(47 Bullpuncher), Edwin HON-RV.
February 3, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
DMVKid

Would it be a good idea to get a new pair of Selvedge denims cut or should i wait till i wash em?
February 3, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
emdzey01

Would it be a good idea to get a new pair of Selvedge denims cut or should i wait till i wash em?

what brand and/or model? need to find out if it's sanforized or not.

sanforized, it doesn't matter if it's before or after wash. the length will stay the same before and after wash, give or take an inch.

unsanforized, you should pre-soak to get the shrinkage out and then get them hemmed.

also keep in mind that when you honeycombs form, it'll pull the pant leg up ever so slightly due to the folds that'll bunch up behind your knees.
February 4, 2011 @ 11:48 PM
DMVKid

Nudies
February 5, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
D. Rose

Are those 10 deep "in raw" denims in karmaloop actually raw denim or are they just the raw color? And if they are raw, anyone know much about them?

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

February 5, 2011 @ 11:19 AM
infiniteme

Nudies

Nudies are sanforized, so it doesn't really matter whether you do it before or after washing. If you hem before washing, though, I would leave an extra half-inch or inch on the leg just in case you get a little bit of unexpected shrinkage.
February 5, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
malaujai

hey everyone,

i have a pair of APC PS that i wore for about a year and a bit... i've washed them twice so far but have never soaked them

i lost weight (probably about 2 inches off waist) and the denim became too loose to wear with a nice fit.. how much would a hot soak shrink the denim? how long should i soak them for (the longer i soak, the more shrinkconfused

thanks!
February 5, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
D. Rose

From what I've heard, if you try shrinking it through hot water, it'll still stretch out to the original lenth/waist eventually.

Best bet is buy a new pair your size

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

February 7, 2011 @ 01:10 AM
infiniteme

hey everyone,

i have a pair of APC PS that i wore for about a year and a bit... i've washed them twice so far but have never soaked them

i lost weight (probably about 2 inches off waist) and the denim became too loose to wear with a nice fit.. how much would a hot soak shrink the denim? how long should i soak them for (the longer i soak, the more shrinkconfused

thanks!

If you've already washed these twice, soaking them now isn't going to shrink them any more.
February 8, 2011 @ 03:47 AM
weinyeong

i worn my apc NS for about 5 mths or so
it fitted well on my calf and thigh but as soon i washed them
they became too tight
will they stretch out to normal again?
February 8, 2011 @ 09:40 AM
lwinn84

did they fit well on the thigh after you wore them for 5 months or when raw? Chances are more wear will stretch them a little but maybe not to exactly what they were after 5 months wear.
February 8, 2011 @ 01:58 PM
TH9

i worn my apc NS for about 5 mths or so
it fitted well on my calf and thigh but as soon i washed them
they became too tight
will they stretch out to normal again?

yes
February 12, 2011 @ 12:15 PM
HeatIsHot

someone drop some knowledge on these?

Momotaro Jeans - 0705SP - 15.7oz Low/Mid Rise Slim Fit One-Wash
Brand : Momotaro Jeans
Price: $295.00

Momotaro - 0705SP Low/Mid Rise Slim Fit One-Wash

A few years ago before we starting carrying the Momotaro brand we were asked for input on designing a new slim fitting silhouette for their "Going to Battle" Label which they later debuted in Japan as the 0705SP. Momotaro's heavyweight 6x6 sanforized selvage denim is used for the 0705SP, and though shrink-proofed, is laundered with a special process using sea water from the coast of Okayama city to give it a unique color and texture. The 0705SP also feature Momotaro's "Battle Stripes" painted on the right rear pocket and Pink color inseam stitching to symbolize the peach from which the young Momotaro sprang in the famous story of their brand's namesake. The 0705 silhouette is their slimmest fit.

One Wash - (Laundered using sea water from the coast of Okayama city)

15.7oz Momotaro Original Japanese Selvage Denim

100% Zimbabwe Cotton

100% cotton thread sewing construction

Made in Japan
February 12, 2011 @ 12:31 PM
infiniteme

someone drop some knowledge on these?

blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3654&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

They are a slim fit jean. Really high quality denim and great quality of construction. They are one-washed, so they won't shrink anymore and won't need to be soaked before wearing.
February 13, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
#####

Hey can someone explain to me on how to starch jeans? Preferabbly the spray starch.
February 13, 2011 @ 07:15 PM
jozsef_csanyi

With most of them you spray on a good amount, wait for the coating to dry, then iron on hot.
February 13, 2011 @ 09:55 PM
#####

With most of them you spray on a good amount, wait for the coating to dry, then iron on hot.

Anything more specific? Sorry, last time I tried using it I sprayed some on, ironed, and it flaked/ killed the color of my jeans razz
February 13, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
mistahdabolina

Anything more specific? Sorry, last time I tried using it I sprayed some on, ironed, and it flaked/ killed the color of my jeans razz

to tell you the truth bro, dont starch your jeans, it makes the denim weaker.which means less time you get to wear your jeans
February 14, 2011 @ 12:17 AM
#####

to tell you the truth bro, dont starch your jeans, it makes the denim weaker.which means less time you get to wear your jeans

I know but I just hate wearing soft jeans. I like the stiff feel and when I do soaks and washes with a pair of levis, they feel so much softer.
February 14, 2011 @ 12:52 AM
original ho2

If a pair of skulls 5010xxs size 34 initially really tight, but stretched out to a comfortable fit is good, would a pair of size 33 imperial dukes be comfortable also after a couple of wears?
February 14, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
infiniteme

If a pair of skulls 5010xxs size 34 initially really tight, but stretched out to a comfortable fit is good, would a pair of size 33 imperial dukes be comfortable also after a couple of wears?

From what I have seen of sizing in those two models, I think you would probably need the same size in both. If the fit of the Skulls in 34 was as you described, you would probably need a 34 in the Imperials as well.
February 14, 2011 @ 06:27 AM
DespicableMe

ID of this denim?
February 14, 2011 @ 01:36 PM
bak.

Hey,
I'm sighting a Levi's LVC 501xx 1947 at eGay.
This pair has actually been worn some times and washed once.
strangely there's alsmost no fade.
Here's a link:
cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160545931083&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:DE:1123

now my question:
Can I expect some fade when I wear them?
I just copped a pair of nudie selvage raw denims 3 weeks ago. How useful is it to have two pairs of the same kind?

thanks!

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

February 14, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Maybe you put on too much/ironed it on wet/too hot. Pics would help, if you're talking about an excessive shine that might be why they seem light.
Another method is to starch on them soak them and the water will activate the starch to stiffen it(the denim).

bak it could be one of the rough rinse 47s and if it is, there won't be WOWCONTRAST but they'll fade to a smooth vintage look.
February 14, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
#####

Maybe you put on too much/ironed it on wet/too hot. Pics would help, if you're talking about an excessive shine that might be why they seem light.
Another method is to starch on them soak them and the water will activate the starch to stiffen it(the denim).

bak it could be one of the rough rinse 47s and if it is, there won't be WOWCONTRAST but they'll fade to a smooth vintage look.

Oh alright, I don't have any pictures cause this was sometime last year and I ended up losing them somewhere in my clothes. So if I were to activate them without a soak I should just spray on the parts I wan't like honey combs and wait for it to dry, then iron?
February 15, 2011 @ 12:06 AM
jozsef_csanyi

Yeah that should work unless your heat settings are off. I use Faultless spray and sometimes Argo powder starch for when I mix it in with a soak, so if it's the product you had back then those are 2 that don't flake.
February 15, 2011 @ 02:29 AM
infiniteme

Hey,
I'm sighting a Levi's LVC 501xx 1947 at eGay.
This pair has actually been worn some times and washed once.
strangely there's alsmost no fade.
Here's a link:
cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160545931083&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:DE:1123

now my question:
Can I expect some fade when I wear them?
I just copped a pair of nudie selvage raw denims 3 weeks ago. How useful is it to have two pairs of the same kind?

thanks!

Yeah, I would expect those to fade with wear.
February 15, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
#####

Alright cool, thanks for the advice/ tips.

Please login first to reply.