January 9, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
Deadlock

just got a pair of APC NS. I wore them out to the bar the other night and while dancing i spilled some beer on them. There isn't really a noticeable stain, and I dont want to wash them since I just got em. Will the alcohol affect the denim negatively?
January 9, 2011 @ 01:49 PM
jozsef_csanyi

If you see it as a negative sure but it's just something that would make yours a little more unique as they age.
You could just rub the spot with seltzer or something if you really don't like it.
January 9, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
CapnNemo

Can you guys recommend jeans that fade real slow?
I love the dark indigo look, but I want it to fade nicely eventually.
I heard the N&F indigo do this. Are there any more for under $200?
January 9, 2011 @ 09:44 PM
Jamie Dimon

IH 301 or Samurai 710?

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

January 10, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
infiniteme

just got a pair of APC NS. I wore them out to the bar the other night and while dancing i spilled some beer on them. There isn't really a noticeable stain, and I dont want to wash them since I just got em. Will the alcohol affect the denim negatively?

It shouldn't. Besides, if you got the stain the other night, that means that the jeans are already dry by now, which means that all of the actual alcohol in the beer has already evaporated off.

I don't know of anything fitting that description in the under-$200 range, but if you are willing to go over $200, the Triple Works Permanent Indigo models and Studio D'Artisan jeans in general all fade pretty slowly.

You could also look at any jeans dyed with natural indigo, they tend to start out a little bit lighter in color than the synthetic indigo models you normally see, but they tend to fade a lot slower, too.

IH 301 or Samurai 710?

I would personally pick the Samurai 710 between the two. I'm not crazy about really slim jeans because I don't have a very slim build, and I personally find the IH 301 to be slimmer than I like. The 710 is a little bit looser and fits a wider variety of body types well between the two cuts.
January 10, 2011 @ 06:33 AM
laxlife1234

BUY MY FLATHEAD F350's!! Lol, if you are willing to save up and spend extra money go for a Japanese brand like iron heart or flat head, cause they will last you a Hell of a long time, and they are pretty stubborn with fading. My flatheads after being worn 18 times are showing just as much wear as my samurais worn only 5 times. Not to mention you'll get a good 2-3 years of heavy use out of them, or 5+ years (I've seen pairs) out of them.

Otherwise, I mean try out naked and famous, but they fade pretty fast from what i have seen, and they don't look as good as a pair of Japanese denim... although I think naked and famous buys their denim from Japan, the fading properties are not nearly as good as those of samurai or flathead imo. Personally I would just save up and get a really nice pair, you can even find pairs that people bought but don't like so they sell it brand new for like $100 off.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

January 10, 2011 @ 10:13 AM
infiniteme

BUY MY FLATHEAD F350's!! Lol, if you are willing to save up and spend extra money go for a Japanese brand like iron heart or flat head, cause they will last you a Hell of a long time, and they are pretty stubborn with fading. My flatheads after being worn 18 times are showing just as much wear as my samurais worn only 5 times. Not to mention you'll get a good 2-3 years of heavy use out of them, or 5+ years (I've seen pairs) out of them.

Otherwise, I mean try out naked and famous, but they fade pretty fast from what i have seen, and they don't look as good as a pair of Japanese denim... although I think naked and famous buys their denim from Japan, the fading properties are not nearly as good as those of samurai or flathead imo. Personally I would just save up and get a really nice pair, you can even find pairs that people bought but don't like so they sell it brand new for like $100 off.

Are you kidding? The guy asked for jeans that fade real slow. Even though your Flat Heads have faded slower than your Samurais, you're talking about two of the fastest fading brands of jeans out there.

Agree with your Iron Heart recommendation, though, they fade slower than most.
January 10, 2011 @ 03:53 PM
laxlife1234

I guess, I probably shouldn't have said that. I guess I want to see fades so fast on them that I thought it was slower than normally. But, to be honest I seriously think that if my Flathead's ever see wear again (cause im in 2 contests), they are going to fade extremely slowly. Cause even though Flatheads are known as fast faders, sometimes the jeans can be stubborn. I mean maybe it's just me, but that is my experience after 18 wears compared to the 5 on my samurais. Even my evisu's started fading faster.

January 11, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
Vida Infra

I'm currently 5 months in on my first pair of raws (Rogue Territory Slim Straight). While I love these jeans I'm looking to invest in my second pair. Any recommendations on some jeans that would have similar fit with just a bit wider legs (they don't cover the back part of my SBs, rather bunch around on top of the shoe) and a little less low rise (I'm 6'4). I picked these jeans because they were a lot less starchy than other brands I had tried on, namely ACP so that is a factor as well.

sz 33
Wb 34
Fr 9.75 including wb
Upper thigh 23.5
Mid thigh 19.5
Knee 17.5
Leg opening 17

It sounds like the Studio D'Artisan SD-103 might be a good cut for you. It has a little bit of a higher rise and little bit of a wider leg than the measurements you posted.

Out of my price range, my absolute maximum is $200.
January 11, 2011 @ 02:13 PM
infiniteme

For under $200, maybe N&F Slim Guys? Their rise is pretty low though, but I don't think it is as low as 9.75" on a size 33 jean.
January 11, 2011 @ 02:55 PM
laxlife1234

I would recommend browsing the sale forums on here and SuFu (marketplace), you can usually find jeans <$200 and good brands. Most of the time they have only been soaked, or used sparingly. And often there are good deals so it is worth a shot to try looking for denim especially since you can find nice brands for a lot less money than that of the retail. Otherwise look at nudie's, or Naked And Famous.. Those are your best bets <$200.

January 11, 2011 @ 07:03 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Left Fields are cut pretty similar to the measurements you posted, but with a higher rise. Blue Owl still has a one-wash white-ear in 33W and STF white-ear in 34. $165 for the wash, +$10 for raw.

Fearless also makes killer denim for under $150 but the cuts are much fuller.
January 13, 2011 @ 03:16 AM
R04R

What does the store BiG in LA stand for? Do they have a website? Everyone always uses the acronym but for a noobie I can't figure it out.
January 13, 2011 @ 04:19 AM
hyperpiper45

What does the store BiG in LA stand for? Do they have a website? Everyone always uses the acronym but for a noobie I can't figure it out.

blueingreensoho.com/
January 13, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
R04R

January 13, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
Vida Infra

Left Fields are cut pretty similar to the measurements you posted, but with a higher rise. Blue Owl still has a one-wash white-ear in 33W and STF white-ear in 34. $165 for the wash, +$10 for raw.

Fearless also makes killer denim for under $150 but the cuts are much fuller.

Fuller is what I'm looking for. Send me a link I couldn't find anything on Fearless

Why do the legs on my jeans read so much bigger than all other measurements that I read?
January 13, 2011 @ 10:55 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Is this a fit you're after? One of their 13oz models, about $70 before customs and all.

item.rakuten.co.jp/fearless/c/0000000136/
January 14, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
malaujai

how does weft colour (grey weft in this case) affect the fading? does it change the colour that the denim fades to?
January 14, 2011 @ 08:33 PM
kmz

recommend tapered and low rise jeans plz
January 14, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
infiniteme

BiG stands for Blue In Green, but that store is in NYC, not LA. They do have a website, the link was posted above.

how does weft colour (grey weft in this case) affect the fading? does it change the colour that the denim fades to?

The color of the weft gives a tint to the fading, but the primary color of what a pair of jeans fades to is determined by the base color of the warp threads before being dyed in indigo. In almost all cases, that color is white.
January 16, 2011 @ 04:40 AM
kng_vln

what are these on the right?

January 16, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
whenarichniggawantU

January 16, 2011 @ 01:57 PM
kng_vln

twelvebar

www.twelvebar.com/

Thanks cuz
January 17, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
kmz

where can i buy diesel thanaz 8sv or 73j?

actually no im not going to spend $500 on jeans
any that look similar with similar fit or safado 71j fit too?
January 17, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
jozsef_csanyi

Pace 006 sand washed or Edwin ED-62 dark wash looks pretty similar to me both about $100.

www.meadowweb.com/en/art/pace-006-light-sandwash.php
www.threebyone.com/product/category-jeans/ed-62-regular22
January 18, 2011 @ 04:22 PM
mnm

im tryna buy some levis 510 rigids, should i size down one? theyre 1%spandex.
and after how long should i wash them?
January 18, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
moviesxkicks

Copped some black rrl slims, will these stretch, not the waist, the leg, because there a bit slimmer than I thought.
January 19, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
laxlife1234

Copped some black rrl slims, will these stretch, not the waist, the leg, because there a bit slimmer than I thought.

Denim stretches (anywhere from a lot to a little) depending on where there is pressure being applied. So a waist will stretch since it is tight, and there is pressure applied. Legs may or may not stretch. They will probably not stretch that much, maybe .1"? I have no clue, I know the knee stretches, but never heard of the leg portion.

January 20, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
infiniteme

From my experience, the legs don't stretch much.
January 20, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
buffaloclone

6 months is about up, the fades are very well set in. Now what? throw them in the wash machine on cold and hang dry?

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/221009#4496439 IRONHEART,RAYBANS&CUSTOM LEATHER BUY MY SHIT http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.