December 14, 2010 @ 06:41 PM
oo712

wash?
i've been wearing a pair of apcs for 10 months. They don't smell and are still in pretty good shape (crotch has a bit of breakdown). I want them to start fading more but was wondering the advantages and disadvantages of washing them now versus waiting til the get a bit dirtier.
December 14, 2010 @ 10:25 PM
whoRichard?

How does 2nd work? en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s710xx19oz/#estimationOf

Would they charge extra although they say free shipping?
December 14, 2010 @ 11:48 PM
tonythechau

hey hypebeast first post! ><

just a quick question so i got apc petit standards around during june...after a month my mom washed my apc without my knowledge...ive been wearing them since..and the fades are really light and not very constrasted..did that wash screwed up the whole breaking process?
i might get new standards too ...how much should i size down..

Nope, just keep wearing them hard and try to resist washing for a long time. The general guideline is to wait 6+ months but that "rule" can be altered and modified however the wearer pleases. As long as you wear hard, fades will show.

i've been wearing a pair of apcs for 10 months. They don't smell and are still in pretty good shape (crotch has a bit of breakdown). I want them to start fading more but was wondering the advantages and disadvantages of washing them now versus waiting til the get a bit dirtier.

The longer you can resist washing them the better the contrast fades will turn out ideally. If they don't stink and aren't completely disgusting by now, then there (kinda) isn't a reason to wash em just yet.
December 15, 2010 @ 01:10 AM
infiniteme

How does 2nd work? en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s710xx19oz/#estimationOf

Would they charge extra although they say free shipping?

The free shipping only applies if your shipping address is in Japan. If you are overseas from them, expect to pay about $30 for shipping on a pair of jeans.
December 16, 2010 @ 03:11 AM
KALiKUSH

is it just me or is anyone else annoyed with how far apart the back pockets are from each other on levi 511s? theres just like a whole gap in between the pockets..
December 16, 2010 @ 03:36 AM
rillagorilla

what apc is equivalent for nudie thin finn? Looking to replace my thin finn
December 16, 2010 @ 06:53 AM
aznboyjohn

what apc is equivalent for nudie thin finn? Looking to replace my thin finn

ps
December 16, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
negus2

Denim Leg Opening
I washed my APC's and the leg opening became way to big is they're anyway i can make it smaller?

Supreme 2 tone parka for sale: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/167513/

December 17, 2010 @ 02:42 AM
infiniteme

I washed my APC's and the leg opening became way to big is they're anyway i can make it smaller?

You can have a tailor taper the leg to get a smaller leg opening.
December 17, 2010 @ 06:08 AM
753t6813h435e7

Does Rigid Denim Shrink More than Normal Denim?
I got these levi's 511 jeans, one of them in a grey color, and the other a rigid black. I've washed both (separately from each other) and the rigid black one is quite a bit tighter than the grey one. Could this be because the rigid jeans were washed and dryed on a higher temperature? I don't think they were, but they could have been.

Or is this because rigid jeans shrink more than normal denim? I don't get how it could be this way though, since they're both made from the same material.
December 17, 2010 @ 08:19 PM
infiniteme

I got these levi's 511 jeans, one of them in a grey color, and the other a rigid black. I've washed both (separately from each other) and the rigid black one is quite a bit tighter than the grey one. Could this be because the rigid jeans were washed and dryed on a higher temperature? I don't think they were, but they could have been.

Or is this because rigid jeans shrink more than normal denim? I don't get how it could be this way though, since they're both made from the same material.

Rigid jeans shrink more than "normal" denim because they haven't been washed yet when you buy them. Whenever any cotton fabric is washed for the first time, most of its shrinkage takes place during that first wash. Most cotton garments that you buy, including "normal" denim, have been washed at least once prior to you buying it, so it doesn't shrink as much after you wash it.
December 19, 2010 @ 01:16 AM
fatassj

What are some denim brands (100-300) that offer slimstraight-straight DARK INDIGO denims?

i have imperial duke and flathead 310/380 in mind already, thanks.
December 19, 2010 @ 08:09 AM
djsterno

shrinking my rogans
i have a new pair of rogans. bought on ebay. beautiful. too big by a bit.
love the finish and rigidity but want to shrink. if i turn inside out and cold soak, will i lose that finish?
December 19, 2010 @ 11:59 AM
infiniteme

What are some denim brands (100-300) that offer slimstraight-straight DARK INDIGO denims?

i have imperial duke and flathead 310/380 in mind already, thanks.

Momotaro 705
Dry Bones Red D
Strike Gold SG1105
Pure Blue Japan XX-007
Studio D'Artisan SD-103
Skull 5010
Oni Blue

All of these are within your budget, except the Strike Golds, but I included then since they are only $15 over for you.

i have a new pair of rogans. bought on ebay. beautiful. too big by a bit.
love the finish and rigidity but want to shrink. if i turn inside out and cold soak, will i lose that finish?

You'll lose the finish if the jeans touch water. Not sure Rogans will shrink much either, I think the denim is sanforized. You may need the dryer to get any significant shrinkage on them.
December 21, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
crapchops

hey, i have a sanforized dry pair of denim
and it got soaked with like muddy water..

what should i dooooooo
December 21, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
infiniteme

hey, i have a sanforized dry pair of denim
and it got soaked with like muddy water..

what should i dooooooo

Wash them.
December 21, 2010 @ 02:52 AM
crapchops

lol but they're barely hitting the one month point..way too soon
December 21, 2010 @ 09:41 AM
infiniteme

lol but they're barely hitting the one month point..way too soon

If they're dirty, it's still probably best to wash them, unless you want to leave them dirty.
December 21, 2010 @ 12:38 PM
crapchops

would soaking just the legs do something bad in terms of color?
December 21, 2010 @ 01:03 PM
infiniteme

That would work, I've done that before. It shouldn't affect the color significantly, especially if these have already touched muddy water. You won't get back that sheen that was there before the jeans got muddy, though, nothing will bring that back at this point.
December 22, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
crapchops

lol i've already lost a bit of the sheen around my stacks from having them being drenched over and over.
thanks though, i might just soak them soon
December 23, 2010 @ 01:18 AM
reversal

Is soaking before wearing ever a good idea? What I have now is too baggy and I'm debating if I should return or give them a try.
December 23, 2010 @ 02:00 PM
infiniteme

Is soaking before wearing ever a good idea? What I have now is too baggy and I'm debating if I should return or give them a try.

Soaking before wearing is a great idea, almost a necessity for best results, *if* the denim is unsanforized. If the denim is sanforized, though, it is optional, with benefits and drawbacks if you do it versus not doing it.

If the denim is sanforized, soaking won't significantly alter the fit. What kind of jeans are you asking about with this question?
December 23, 2010 @ 02:33 PM
bronze

Not really. At one month i doubt noticeable amounts of indigo would be lost.
December 23, 2010 @ 11:11 PM
reversal

Soaking before wearing is a great idea, almost a necessity for best results, *if* the denim is unsanforized. If the denim is sanforized, though, it is optional, with benefits and drawbacks if you do it versus not doing it.

If the denim is sanforized, soaking won't significantly alter the fit. What kind of jeans are you asking about with this question?

Just some uo unbrandeds. I looked around and I'm almost sure they're sanforized. Because of the quality and price, they'll be my idgaf pair for now.
December 24, 2010 @ 11:03 AM
infiniteme

Just some uo unbrandeds. I looked around and I'm almost sure they're sanforized. Because of the quality and price, they'll be my idgaf pair for now.

Yeah, UO Unbrandeds are sanforized, so they won't really shrink with a soak. You may need to exchange them for a size down to get a better fit.
December 24, 2010 @ 07:04 PM
Mikeyone4life

I'm probably gonna order a pair of S710's. I'm still deciding if I'm gonna order from Rakuten or BiG. In case I do order from Rakuten, would it be 100% safe? And how would I go about ordering them since they're a Japanese website?
December 24, 2010 @ 11:03 PM
ryun

just got some a.p.c ps's what are the pros and cons of pre soaking ? im debating if i should.
December 24, 2010 @ 11:12 PM
iLoveBreast

^
APC's are sanforized won't make a big difference in shrinkage, but it will take some starch out, so it won't be as stiff, i think.

I have a pair of jeans that I like the fit, but in order to make them fit the way I like, i have to sag alot...
How do I achieve the same fit but without sagging? should i buy bigger jeans?
December 24, 2010 @ 11:14 PM
ryun

ya since they're raw i know most starch will get out but i dont really care about the shrink what i want to know basically is like will it bleed less on to my white sneaks? and all those little things.

Please login first to reply.