Small DENIM Questions Thread

Jul 27, 2010 @ 17:33
is there another cut of jeans that fit like new standards that i can get for under $100?

Urban outfitters unbranded.

Thanks samryz blushing
Jul 29, 2010 @ 17:39
how should i do a first cold soak with my new 4001bk flat heads
Jul 30, 2010 @ 00:08
Should I get 3sixteen st-210 or APC NS?
Jul 30, 2010 @ 23:01
How do you pinroll jeans?

Instagram- @AdnanToThe http://twitter.com/#!/AdnanToThe http://adnantothe.tumblr.com/

Jul 30, 2010 @ 23:26

fs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164303

Jul 31, 2010 @ 01:58
is there a way to loosen up your jeans so they are not skin tight.
Jul 31, 2010 @ 11:21
dont buy a skinny cut
do active stuff in them to stretch them
stop sizing down
Jul 31, 2010 @ 18:31
Anyone here familiar with the brand Them Atelier?

Was looking to get these: http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Them_Atelier_STR-03_Crypt_Straight_in_Over_Dyed_Indigo_17247.html
Aug 01, 2010 @ 05:26
Excuse my noobness. I just bought a pair of raw Drains from H&M. They're unwashed that is all I know or atleast they feel like APCs. I was wondering if you guys can help me decide if they will stretch or not so I can return them for a size down. I tried on 34 and 36. With 36, the waist fit comfortably. With a 34, i couldn't button the top, they were about 2-3.5 inches apart so I gave up forcing it. I went home with the 36s scared that since H&M denim is cheap, they might rip trying to stretch in the 34s. Problem is, I really wanted to get the 34s, because if they were to stretch they would fit me perfectly afterward without a belt. With the 36s, even if they do stretch a little bit im going to have to wear a belt which i do not like wearing. Think h&m denim will stretch? Keeping a 36 and having to wear a belt or go with a 34 that might not ever button lol.
Aug 01, 2010 @ 07:45
Should I get 3sixteen st-210 or APC NS?

still no opinions?
Aug 01, 2010 @ 18:16
Excuse my noobness. I just bought a pair of raw Drains from H&M. They're unwashed that is all I know or atleast they feel like APCs. I was wondering if you guys can help me decide if they will stretch or not so I can return them for a size down. I tried on 34 and 36. With 36, the waist fit comfortably. With a 34, i couldn't button the top, they were about 2-3.5 inches apart so I gave up forcing it. I went home with the 36s scared that since H&M denim is cheap, they might rip trying to stretch in the 34s. Problem is, I really wanted to get the 34s, because if they were to stretch they would fit me perfectly afterward without a belt. With the 36s, even if they do stretch a little bit im going to have to wear a belt which i do not like wearing. Think h&m denim will stretch? Keeping a 36 and having to wear a belt or go with a 34 that might not ever button lol.

i saw the drains today and was actually impressed that they had chain stitching, anyways i would not suggest sizing down on those, they look skin tight enough already. even if the waist stretches, the rest of the jean will not stretch as drastically as the waistline. also keep in mind that even if they do stretch, when you wash them they will simply shrink back down to size. keep the 36s and save up for a decent pair next time.
Aug 01, 2010 @ 18:21
^ thank you
Aug 02, 2010 @ 13:44
a bottle of jager just exploded on my n&f selvedges...=( its still too early for a soak, any ideas on what to do, i've been dabbing it with a damp cloth
Aug 02, 2010 @ 17:29
^ come on.. don't be stupid & say its too early for a soak. If it needs a soak, it needs it. There is no timeframe to soak it or not.

If you don't want much indigo loss, just cold soak it. It'll be fine.
Aug 02, 2010 @ 19:16
gonna do a cold soak on my 3sixteen sl100's tomorrow. turn em inside out right?

Melo Gang All Day

Aug 02, 2010 @ 19:18
Yaa inside out to lose less indigo.
Aug 02, 2010 @ 19:24
should that eliminate the bleeding issue? got denim stains on many white tees

Melo Gang All Day

Aug 02, 2010 @ 22:38
haha just wearing jeans will stop that eventually.
i had my fh's soaked three times, but that never kept it from bleeding.
Just gotta wait it out.
Aug 03, 2010 @ 05:11
i know raw denim is meant to be worn out and faded BUT i am actually trying to do the opposite with my pair of raw's. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Spray Sizing (heard starch was bad for clothing fibers)? Is it just as bad for your clothes as starch? It is suppose to do the same thing maybe a little weaker so does that mean it is still doing damage but less?
Aug 03, 2010 @ 11:03
anyone have any idea how to tell if a tailor will do a good job with my eternals?

still no opinions?

3sixteens for sure.
Aug 03, 2010 @ 11:12
Originally posted by Inactive User
anyone have any idea how to tell if a tailor will do a good job with my eternals?

3sixteens for sure.

ask, yelp. ask them questions. It is always a risk. I would just stick with buying new jeans if you can.
Aug 03, 2010 @ 14:51
a bottle of jager just exploded on my n&f selvedges...=( its still too early for a soak, any ideas on what to do, i've been dabbing it with a damp cloth

lol that means its time for a wash

if you spill anything other than water on your jawnz just throw em in the washer

you just ganna be a nasty ✖✖✖✖✖ walking around with dried up coke etc... on your jeans
Aug 03, 2010 @ 19:39
Just want to make sure since they contain 1% elastane. My 511s stretched out in the waist 3 sizes and made it really hard to wear so I don't want that happening again.

Another question;
Is it for a fact that any denim containing any elastane will stretch in the waist beyond what it was meant to be? Meaning, elastane are used in the jeans because the fit is so tight that they figured it would give some comfort with some stretchyness but elastane will then cause the waist/butt area stay loose and the legs and calves will still be tight. I read somewhere that someone with Thin Finns had this same effect. Personally, I had this happen in my 511s as many of you guys did (I read a bunch of posts before). So should you always size down if your denim contains elastane?
Aug 03, 2010 @ 21:09
Just want to make sure since they contain 1% elastane. My 511s stretched out in the waist 3 sizes and made it really hard to wear so I don't want that happening again.

Another question;
Is it for a fact that any denim containing any elastane will stretch in the waist beyond what it was meant to be? Meaning, elastane are used in the jeans because the fit is so tight that they figured it would give some comfort with some stretchyness but elastane will then cause the waist/butt area stay loose and the legs and calves will still be tight. I read somewhere that someone with Thin Finns had this same effect. Personally, I had this happen in my 511s as many of you guys did (I read a bunch of posts before). So should you always size down if your denim contains elastane?

honestly, no1 is gonna read so much. shorten it up....
Aug 04, 2010 @ 12:12
How do you guys feel about washing your denim for the first time in the ocean?
Any suggestions on how to wash them the right way using this technique?
Aug 04, 2010 @ 13:50
I've never ocean washed mine (yet) but people say to just wear them into the ocean then rub sand all over them then rinse or wash it off later (or else it'll smell bad of course). I hadn't considered rubbing sand on them before but I figure if that's what people do nowadays... lol
Aug 04, 2010 @ 14:06
Thanks but do you know how it will affect the colour/ fades/ fit?
Aug 04, 2010 @ 16:15
i would expect ocean washing will make your jeans look better
Aug 05, 2010 @ 08:12
i would expect ocean washing will make your jeans look better

How so? Does anyone have any details on ocean washing?
Aug 05, 2010 @ 23:25
Ask dannyshred, I remember he washed his NC's in the ocean.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0