Small DENIM Questions Thread

May 12, 2010 @ 18:47
does washing a pair of raw denim early completely fuck up your progress?
May 14, 2010 @ 04:56
no need to soak the huf jeans

pyramid is that a real question?
May 14, 2010 @ 15:10
got a question about tailoring, i have slim fit UJ's and there a 35x32

the thing is i think the leg opening is slightly to wide, and id like to get them tapered.

they are just over 8 inches wide, how much should i taper them?
May 16, 2010 @ 18:59
Currently I'm wearing APC Rescues size down 2, but they look stupid if I dont sag, and im tired of sagging.
I wanna buy new jeans, and im debating on getting Nudies Average Joes, are those bigger? I can't find a size chart anywhere, and there is no store around me that sell denim, so I can't try them on.
May 18, 2010 @ 01:24
do you guys get "wasting money/fadings stupid" alot?
May 18, 2010 @ 01:27
nope not even once, i break necks wif my jawnz smokeyface

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

May 18, 2010 @ 15:39
So I have a pair of levis 514 and haven't washed them for 6 months. There is good creases and whiskers but no fading. I bought them too big to begin with so there is some sagging, should I wash or soak to get rid of the sagging?
May 18, 2010 @ 18:12
lol people always asks why dont u wash them
May 20, 2010 @ 11:06
So I have a pair of levis 514 and haven't washed them for 6 months. There is good creases and whiskers but no fading. I bought them too big to begin with so there is some sagging, should I wash or soak to get rid of the sagging?

They aren't even raw so wats the point, won't hold creases, fading will take at least a year of straight wear, and they are already sanforized so soaking or washing would be pointless besides for actually cleaning
May 20, 2010 @ 12:37
I tried to search but I couldn't find it.. what setting do you use to wash your raw denim?

Like Handwash, cold, warm, etc.
Also, should I let it go through the whole cycle? (spin, rinse, etc.)
May 20, 2010 @ 18:05
to make a long story short, i acidentally rubbed my ass on rocks and now i got an ugly ass fade. everywhere is indigo and then there's 2 huge ass white/light blue parts on my ass. it looks homo.
is there someway to re-dye those parts or at least make it not ass visible?
May 20, 2010 @ 23:18
I got some Nudie Big Bengts sized down 2 and was woundering if these types of Nudies fade well, or if nudies in general fade good or bad?

Edit: They're size 32
May 21, 2010 @ 10:14
no need to soak the huf jeans

pyramid is that a real question?

Yea son Ive never fucked with doing this to denim before and I want to know ahead of time.
I have no knowledge on the basis of doing this to my jeans.

Another thing I gotta ask is if theres any way to just make my jeans tighter without shrinking the waist and length besides getting them tapered.
May 21, 2010 @ 12:00
I got some Nudie Big Bengts sized down 2 and was woundering if these types of Nudies fade well, or if nudies in general fade good or bad?

Edit: They're size 32

nudies typically do fade well especially the regular ralfs from what ive seen. Obviously there are more unique and better fades on other jeans. Nudies can get washed out pretty easily too from what ive seen. If you didnt know the quality on nudies arent at the same level as other brands( eternal, samurai, LVC, etc.)Nudie Bengts will fade.

You should checkout mynudies (google it) im sure somebody there has some progress on big bengts.
May 21, 2010 @ 17:45
How should I go about sizing on Rogue Territory Slim Straights?
May 22, 2010 @ 00:52
I picked up some Marc Jacobs X Wrangler jeans about a month ago. I really like the color and they fit perfectly. I'm wondering if I should soak them to get better fading, but I really don't want them to shrink at all. So what should I do? I'm thinking I should just wear the fuckers and wash em at about 7 or 8 months, is this a good idea?

I have had multiple pairs of stfs and a pair apc rescues that didn't turn out so well in the past...I wore em for 6 months and washed em and saw almost no fading.....

Can anyone help me out...Thanks in advance
May 22, 2010 @ 10:39
soaking wouldnt really give you better fading, because the early dye loss will hurt the fade contrast later on
May 22, 2010 @ 23:26
I picked up some Marc Jacobs X Wrangler jeans about a month ago. I really like the color and they fit perfectly. I'm wondering if I should soak them to get better fading, but I really don't want them to shrink at all. So what should I do? I'm thinking I should just wear the fuckers and wash em at about 7 or 8 months, is this a good idea?

I have had multiple pairs of stfs and a pair apc rescues that didn't turn out so well in the past...I wore em for 6 months and washed em and saw almost no fading.....

Can anyone help me out...Thanks in advance

Well your fades will be better the tighter the jeans are. Rescues are the loosest APC's and I guess you must've size up too much on STF's. Soaking will do the opposite of getting you better fades. Wear your jeans for as long as possible (more than 7 or 8 months if you can) and wash them when you have to. If they fit well and you've been wearing them a lot you'll get fades.
May 23, 2010 @ 00:41
Originally posted by Inactive User
How should I go about sizing on Rogue Territory Slim Straights?

i don't think many people here know what those are
check out superfuture
May 23, 2010 @ 01:16

Lol i have the same issue except ive had them (514 tumble rigid) no wash for 8ish months? washed once, didn't really do anything but reset the honeycombs fades and a little stack fades gone. Phone fade is tremendous, back wallet fade isn't that great. Dont get up any hope on these, the fades are ugly. I keep getting "that phones fucking up your jeans" yesterday hahaha so throw it out your window and buy some raw denim if your interested in fading late

and theyre like 30 dollar jeans dont worry so bad.

anyways out of my lifestory what kind of sagging is it? length specifally? waist? id say wash. thats what i did. and it got tighter
May 23, 2010 @ 14:24
Would you guys recommend breaking in a new pair of raws during the summer?
May 23, 2010 @ 15:38
If you want wolnevik, lol.
I myself am not much of a shorts guys so I'll be wearing jeans a lot in the summer. It really matters on you, just wear them when you want & wear them like you do every other jeans. Just think of raw jeans as any regular pair of jeans and nothing special.
May 23, 2010 @ 23:40
Okay I'm stuck here in a decision. I have a budget around 300$ (incl tax), what pair of denim would have the best fading quality that is indigo or black? (with a imp duke fit).

right now im looking at sammies flatheads and imperial...
May 24, 2010 @ 18:26
Okay I'm stuck here in a decision. I have a budget around 300$ (incl tax), what pair of denim would have the best fading quality that is indigo or black? (with a imp duke fit).

pbjs have a straight slim look to them, x005, the only difference between imperial an other brands is that the dukes have lower pockets than average
May 25, 2010 @ 02:13
Thanks for the help...blushing
May 27, 2010 @ 16:21
got a question about tailoring, i have slim fit UJ's and the thing is i think the leg opening is slightly to wide, and id like to get them tapered.

they are just over 8 inches wide, how much should i taper them so they hit arent over tapered but just right?
May 31, 2010 @ 10:53

does no one consider sugar canes anymore?
May 31, 2010 @ 23:06
He wants a fit like the Imperial Dukes tho, Sugar Cane doesn't do many modern cuts. The closest he'll get is a SC2009, when the 710s/XXX1's/F310s/SExI08s are all closer options.
Jun 01, 2010 @ 05:10
naked famous teflon denims
I saw some 'kevlar jeans' the other day by naked famous and was wondering how they fade. anyone know?
not thinking of buying im just super curious.
Jun 02, 2010 @ 00:31
Is it necessary to soak jeans in full-length bathtubs? Or will like a five-gallon bucket or a sink suffice? I don't want any excess dye to stain my tube which has happened in the past. Does it matter if the jeans thus aren't fully extended?
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0