Small DENIM Questions Thread

October 25, 2007 @ 12:02:34 PM
Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.
So if i wear a 32 in levi 511
29 is APC rescues
...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.
Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.
October 25, 2007 @ 15:20:00 PM
Can anyone with a pair of Edwin's help me out?
Appreciated.

most dark colored jeans will dry bleed. raw denim even more so. edwins are mid-level. a little better than levis but not near the top tier of denim.
October 25, 2007 @ 20:55:04 PM
how do nudie slim jim's fit compared to 501's?im looking for a slim jean but half the time i see slim jims they look baggy
October 25, 2007 @ 21:37:48 PM
Urban Outfitters? The fuck?? I hate that store; it's street/art culture for people who don't want to do the the leg work to find anything new or creative. I make it a goal of mine not to buy clothes from the Mall/big box stores.

I noticed they carry Wesc and Cheap Mondays. I like both companies a lot, their jeans are great; but i mean....it's a mall store, lame. What is creative about shopping at the mall?

You asked. I gave you an answer.

Since when has shopping been a creative endeavor? For me its just a process of acquisition. They have something I want, I have money, we make an exchange. I don't give a shit if its from a "mall/big box" store, a designer boutique, or some ma n' pa hole in the wall...what difference does it make? You're still getting what you want.

Granted, UO peddles alot of trendy filth, but I've had a couple good buys from them. If you're still too cool for UO go here http://www.tobi.com/ not sure if its a "mall/big box" store but they got a better selection anyway...
October 26, 2007 @ 00:22:29 AM
Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.
29 is APC rescues
...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.
Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.

somebody help me out here please.
October 26, 2007 @ 06:30:19 AM
I haven't tried them in yet, you know that anxious feeling of getting something new.

I hardly soak my jeans. I dont' mind the bleeding, just want a nice fade.

ironically not giving a shit about ur jeans will give you a nice fade.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:39:46 AM
most dark colored jeans will dry bleed. raw denim even more so. edwins are mid-level. a little better than levis but not near the top tier of denim.

I appreciate your input, the pair I was looking at was these,

I liked the idea of the relaxed fit on the thighs, but with the tapered leg for the sneakers. Does anyone know any other brands carrying this fit?
October 26, 2007 @ 08:42:48 AM
the evisu heritage wranglers that i have have that fit... amazing beautiful jeans.

retail is about 275 tho... more than the edwins.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:46:58 AM
the evisu heritage wranglers that i have have that fit... amazing beautiful jeans.

retail is about 275 tho... more than the edwins.

Indeed, the pair above I can get for 170.
I appreciate the response.
October 27, 2007 @ 01:20:44 AM
HEy this might be a dumb as shit question but when you warm wash is it better to wear them into the tub or put the jeans in solo?
October 27, 2007 @ 02:08:41 AM
HEy this might be a dumb as shit question but when you warm wash is it better to wear them into the tub or put the jeans in solo?

I don't speak from experience, but from what I've read it's ok to put them in alone, but you should put them on after taking them out so that they don't shrink up so much that you can't even fit in them anymore.
October 27, 2007 @ 04:36:20 AM
thanks
October 27, 2007 @ 04:42:18 AM

Inactive User

I've read washing/soaking will just premature speed and ruin the fade/bleed process. I understand it activates it in a sense, but can I just wear 'em out of the bag?
October 27, 2007 @ 05:20:23 AM
there is no wrong way to wear your jeans. washing/soaking wont ruin anything. it just releases the excess indigo in the jeans. to my knowledge, it doesnt premature speed. from wearing my f310s, visible fading can be seen 1.5 months to 2 months and this is when i washed them every week (as an experiment). soaking also shrinks the inseam, read below.

you can also wear them right out the bag, however, when you wash/soak the jeans, ur honeycombs may be placed different when you wear the jeans due to the shrinkage in the inseam and it will have other negative consequences.
October 27, 2007 @ 14:59:00 PM
not the case for all denim, only non sanforized denim right?
October 27, 2007 @ 15:27:28 PM
yeah, my rant was for non-sanforized. however, i am skeptical of sanforized denim.
October 27, 2007 @ 15:58:56 PM
Quick Question:

29 is APC rescues

since all that was kinda confusing. get measuring tape and measure your waist, thigh, and ankle (for leg opening). **for thigh & ankle: be sure to not measure the exact circumference (skin) but how tight/loose the denim would be.** then go to the link and find a pair that is the closest match to what you want. imo, you should then size down two for stretch, but one to be safe.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=227
October 27, 2007 @ 21:49:32 PM

Inactive User

Originally posted by Inactive User
there is no wrong way to wear your jeans. washing/soaking wont ruin anything. it just releases the excess indigo in the jeans. to my knowledge, it doesnt premature speed. from wearing my f310s, visible fading can be seen 1.5 months to 2 months and this is when i washed them every week (as an experiment). soaking also shrinks the inseam, read below.

you can also wear them right out the bag, however, when you wash/soak the jeans, ur honeycombs may be placed different when you wear the jeans due to the shrinkage in the inseam and it will have other negative consequences.

Thanks for your insight. I got a pair of nudies. I've always soaked my jeans initially, but might wanna try something else for these and just wear them.

I hear puma x evisu were saforized. i've been wearing them for a while and haven't really noticed that a soak was needed?
October 28, 2007 @ 02:30:46 AM
if a soak isnt needed, then it isnt needed. lol. im on the side where i only wash my jeans when i cant stand the smell or the fit.
October 28, 2007 @ 17:12:48 PM
where to buy
where do you guys buy most of your denim? i already know sites like denimbar and self edge thanks
October 28, 2007 @ 18:23:11 PM
i bought thin finn dbc from denimbar (online). recommended, my only complaint is no measurements like BIG.

bought f310 from selfedge (online). dope.

bought johnbull from BIG (online). hella fast.

way back when i bought cheap mondays from barneys (online), good service there too, but i didnt feel the shipping fee. lol

the next time i buy jeans, i want to head over to japan and visit take5 and other denim stores.
October 28, 2007 @ 19:19:34 PM
I appreciate your input, the pair I was looking at was these,

I liked the idea of the relaxed fit on the thighs, but with the tapered leg for the sneakers. Does anyone know any other brands carrying this fit?

nudies even stevens
October 29, 2007 @ 03:30:27 AM
i want 2 start buying denims.. but the most that i can spend is probably 200- let me no some good brands i do like evisu ..a friend of mine was tellin me about true religions but i have no idea can some one help me
October 29, 2007 @ 05:03:34 AM
i want 2 start buying denims.. but the most that i can spend is probably 200- let me no some good brands i do like evisu ..a friend of mine was tellin me about true religions but i have no idea can some one help me
what you do is go to this site. supertalk.superfuture.com go to superdenim and read, read, read.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

October 30, 2007 @ 16:31:40 PM
Does sagging affect overall fade in a negative way?
October 30, 2007 @ 16:50:14 PM
Does sagging affect overall fade in a negative way?

you may blow the crotch out if they are slim and the honeycombs will be on the back of your thigh if you do ever wear them pulled up. that's all i can think of.
October 30, 2007 @ 17:27:50 PM
you may blow the crotch out if they are slim and the honeycombs will be on the back of your thigh if you do ever wear them pulled up. that's all i can think of.

Thanks. Also, tight/slim, same thing?
October 30, 2007 @ 17:39:40 PM
yeah pretty much the same thing star screams one of my favorite decepticons
October 31, 2007 @ 07:22:50 AM
if i buy some levis501 40 . 36 wut size would they end up after a soak
Please login first to reply.
x