Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 27, 2007 @ 02:08 AM
Gmas

HEy this might be a dumb as shit question but when you warm wash is it better to wear them into the tub or put the jeans in solo?

I don't speak from experience, but from what I've read it's ok to put them in alone, but you should put them on after taking them out so that they don't shrink up so much that you can't even fit in them anymore.
October 27, 2007 @ 04:36 AM
Seminole21

thanks
October 27, 2007 @ 04:42 AM

Inactive

I've read washing/soaking will just premature speed and ruin the fade/bleed process. I understand it activates it in a sense, but can I just wear 'em out of the bag?
October 27, 2007 @ 05:20 AM
Tyler Durden

there is no wrong way to wear your jeans. washing/soaking wont ruin anything. it just releases the excess indigo in the jeans. to my knowledge, it doesnt premature speed. from wearing my f310s, visible fading can be seen 1.5 months to 2 months and this is when i washed them every week (as an experiment). soaking also shrinks the inseam, read below.

you can also wear them right out the bag, however, when you wash/soak the jeans, ur honeycombs may be placed different when you wear the jeans due to the shrinkage in the inseam and it will have other negative consequences.
October 27, 2007 @ 02:59 PM
dlingrv

not the case for all denim, only non sanforized denim right?
October 27, 2007 @ 03:27 PM
Tyler Durden

yeah, my rant was for non-sanforized. however, i am skeptical of sanforized denim.
October 27, 2007 @ 03:58 PM
Tyler Durden

Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.
So if i wear a 32 in levi 511
29 is APC rescues
...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.
Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.

since all that was kinda confusing. get measuring tape and measure your waist, thigh, and ankle (for leg opening). **for thigh & ankle: be sure to not measure the exact circumference (skin) but how tight/loose the denim would be.** then go to the link and find a pair that is the closest match to what you want. imo, you should then size down two for stretch, but one to be safe.

www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=227
October 27, 2007 @ 09:49 PM

Inactive

there is no wrong way to wear your jeans. washing/soaking wont ruin anything. it just releases the excess indigo in the jeans. to my knowledge, it doesnt premature speed. from wearing my f310s, visible fading can be seen 1.5 months to 2 months and this is when i washed them every week (as an experiment). soaking also shrinks the inseam, read below.

you can also wear them right out the bag, however, when you wash/soak the jeans, ur honeycombs may be placed different when you wear the jeans due to the shrinkage in the inseam and it will have other negative consequences.

Thanks for your insight. I got a pair of nudies. I've always soaked my jeans initially, but might wanna try something else for these and just wear them.

I hear puma x evisu were saforized. i've been wearing them for a while and haven't really noticed that a soak was needed?
October 28, 2007 @ 02:30 AM
Tyler Durden

if a soak isnt needed, then it isnt needed. lol. im on the side where i only wash my jeans when i cant stand the smell or the fit.
October 28, 2007 @ 05:12 PM
Like_Clockwork

where to buy
where do you guys buy most of your denim? i already know sites like denimbar and self edge thanks
October 28, 2007 @ 06:23 PM
Tyler Durden

i bought thin finn dbc from denimbar (online). recommended, my only complaint is no measurements like BIG.

bought f310 from selfedge (online). dope.

bought johnbull from BIG (online). hella fast.

way back when i bought cheap mondays from barneys (online), good service there too, but i didnt feel the shipping fee. lol

the next time i buy jeans, i want to head over to japan and visit take5 and other denim stores.
October 28, 2007 @ 07:19 PM
zzar40

I appreciate your input, the pair I was looking at was these,

I liked the idea of the relaxed fit on the thighs, but with the tapered leg for the sneakers. Does anyone know any other brands carrying this fit?

nudies even stevens
October 29, 2007 @ 03:30 AM
coogi

i want 2 start buying denims.. but the most that i can spend is probably 200- let me no some good brands i do like evisu ..a friend of mine was tellin me about true religions but i have no idea can some one help me
October 29, 2007 @ 05:03 AM
Tyler Durden

i want 2 start buying denims.. but the most that i can spend is probably 200- let me no some good brands i do like evisu ..a friend of mine was tellin me about true religions but i have no idea can some one help me
what you do is go to this site. supertalk.superfuture.com go to superdenim and read, read, read.
October 30, 2007 @ 04:31 PM
go0seMUFC

Does sagging affect overall fade in a negative way?
October 30, 2007 @ 04:50 PM
SSBSTS

Does sagging affect overall fade in a negative way?

you may blow the crotch out if they are slim and the honeycombs will be on the back of your thigh if you do ever wear them pulled up. that's all i can think of.
October 30, 2007 @ 05:27 PM
go0seMUFC

you may blow the crotch out if they are slim and the honeycombs will be on the back of your thigh if you do ever wear them pulled up. that's all i can think of.

Thanks. Also, tight/slim, same thing?
October 30, 2007 @ 05:39 PM
Like_Clockwork

yeah pretty much the same thing star screams one of my favorite decepticons
October 31, 2007 @ 07:22 AM
coogi

if i buy some levis501 40 . 36 wut size would they end up after a soak
October 31, 2007 @ 02:07 PM
Savvy

i got my levis lvc 1947s in the mail today..i sized up due to the shrinkage 2 in the waist and 3 in the length..whats the best way to get maximum shrinkage..i know give them a hot soak for 2-3 hours is recommended but should i also put them in the dryer after? if so should i use heat or no heat?
October 31, 2007 @ 02:10 PM
Savvy

if i buy some levis501 40 . 36 wut size would they end up after a soak

40/36 should end up somewhere around 38/33.5
October 31, 2007 @ 02:12 PM
CHEEP

i got my levis lvc 1947s in the mail today..i sized up due to the shrinkage 2 in the waist and 3 in the length..whats the best way to get maximum shrinkage..i know give them a hot soak for 2-3 hours is recommended but should i also put them in the dryer after? if so should i use heat or no heat?

i hot wash and hot dry all my raw jeans.
October 31, 2007 @ 02:30 PM
Savvy

thanks cheep..your jeans turn out pretty nice so ill go with that route
November 1, 2007 @ 03:29 AM
coogi

does any one buy stuff from levis.com???
November 1, 2007 @ 01:35 PM
3CP RIPS

OK
So I was at Wally-World (walmart) at lunch today to see if there were any good post halloween sales. While I was there I decided to see if they had any good thermals out yet. I walked past the denim and couldn't help myself but to grab a pair of raw Rustlers. I will more than likely return them after I try them on tonight because... well... not to be a dick or anything, but THEY CAME FROM WALMART!smile Anyway, has anyone ever tried these before? They are thick and stiff as hell. I think they were $10. HA!

Thanks
November 1, 2007 @ 03:40 PM
SSBSTS

if theyre the ones i'm thinking about, theres a superfuture thread on them.
November 2, 2007 @ 03:21 AM
coogi

wut are the different types of evisu???
November 2, 2007 @ 04:01 AM
coogi

where can i find evise x pumas in NY or PA some one help me out .....thanx
November 2, 2007 @ 08:35 AM
3CP RIPS

They (rustler) are a bit wide legged, but they are super easy to alter. The flat seam is on the outside of the leg and the normal seam is on the inside. I am going to alter them tonight and see how they fit. They are super stiff. I'll post pics. cool
November 2, 2007 @ 11:57 AM

Inactive

Okay peeps, sorry about this again but...

After hearing about dick crotch bombings, I am just wondering if I should light starch it later at anytime, or should I just wear it? I'm afraid it losing that stiff feel. Though these haven't stretched out yet, as I put them on once. (not even a soak)

---
Regarding my PUMA x EVISU.

Will soaking it in hot or cold matter? It's kinda dirty and I don't think I wannt put it in the washer though.
I recall doing a light soak, but not sure if the water rinsed of the sanfordized thing.

Please login first to reply.