Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 24, 2007 @ 01:53 PM
h.lurker

I didn't want to hijack the WDYWT thread. I'll repost it here:

Hipster ?

Street ?

Brands aside, the fit and styles differ. I've generally viewed hipster and street to be opposites of each other. But maybe it's merging on some level?

Wikipedia:
Hipster:
The mainstream conception of the hipster look is "skinny jeans, trucker hats, Costello glasses, slogan tees, PBR, Vans, and All-Stars," according to TONY.

Street(wear):
Recent trends in hip hop fashion have geared toward a tighter, hipster-inspired style of dressing (so called "prep-hop"), which is coming to include raiments such as Nike Dunks, polo shirts (often worn with popped collar), sportcoats, large ornamental belt buckles, skull and skeleton decorations, elaborately decorated zip-up hoodies, trucker hats (Von Dutch), fitted caps (New Era Cap Company), tight tee shirts (Dangerous Elite), tighter denim jeans. Shorter length t-shirts with shorter arm sleeves has become involed in recent trends because of wanting to expose decorated belts. In some circles, the baggy style has faded away, with the growing influence of rappers such as Kanye West, Common and Andre 3000, often sporting such colorful fitted prep-hop and hipster-inspired clothing, and tighter-fitting skater influenced styles in the case of Pharrell. Yet, the baggy style remains active in other places despite recent trends.

Discuss.
July 24, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
myswag

i think i just replied to a thread justt like this one
July 24, 2007 @ 02:00 PM
CHEEP

i think im a hipster, so ill go with that one.

whats the question again?
July 24, 2007 @ 02:09 PM
itdiedin98

huh?
July 24, 2007 @ 06:19 PM
betheone2

baggy is for people that still haven't matured and look up to 50 cent thinking its cool o.o

what do u call people that wear stuff between baggy and skinny ?
July 24, 2007 @ 06:24 PM
jessejessej

stereotypes piss me the hell off
July 24, 2007 @ 09:16 PM
markymark23

i wear jeans that fit. so neither
July 24, 2007 @ 09:38 PM

Inactive

Both can be done correctly. No reason to pick one.
July 24, 2007 @ 09:57 PM
CEL

i wear eithier a good fit or some times baggy cuz baggy u dont feel like a female or a gay guy like this

more like a guy whos not gay

WTF? confused
July 24, 2007 @ 10:00 PM
BeanerwithBBC

ii get skinnyish jeans that are like an inch or two below my ankle and that is like a perfect combination of both
July 24, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

Inactive

Length and bagginess are not the same. I like my jeans to be like 3"-5" longer than my actual measured inseam, but also fairly skinny. Jeans also end up hanging under my ass if I dont feel like pulling them up all day...pube/hip area at the highest.
July 24, 2007 @ 11:07 PM
FashionOD

I'm studying a bit of pyschology 1 in 10 guys graduate highschool is gay but never comes out and live there life as a lie. Some bisexual, alot of guys hide there attraction with hatred. You will notice that some of the gayest guys is the ones who bash you saying your gay this and that... because they want you. Now to my conclusion alot of ppl who are DL gay but fear what ppl will think of them there friends and family will usually say things like "your gay if you wear this and that i'd never wear that cause it's gay "

why you ask because they don't want ppl to think there gay. Another thing is that people who are saying it's gay to wear skinny jeans has issues. I'm sorry if your turned on from seeing a guy's bulge in skinny jeans |0 but you need to stop the childish act anyone with alittle knowledge of pyschology will know something is fishy with your behavior.

Just come out and be gay stop with these silly attempts to say some dude gay cause he has some tight pants, you just want him to be gay cause you love the bulge and his ass -_-
July 24, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
dblockdosmil

skinny
looks better with sneakers
baggy just kills the entire look
July 25, 2007 @ 01:02 AM
h.lurker

Hipster ?

Street ?

Brands aside, the fit and styles differ. I've generally viewed hipster and street to be opposites of each other. But maybe it's merging on some level?

Wikipedia:
Hipster:
The mainstream conception of the hipster look is "skinny jeans, trucker hats, Costello glasses, slogan tees, PBR, Vans, and All-Stars," according to TONY.

Street(wear):
Recent trends in hip hop fashion have geared toward a tighter, hipster-inspired style of dressing (so called "prep-hop"), which is coming to include raiments such as Nike Dunks, polo shirts (often worn with popped collar), sportcoats, large ornamental belt buckles, skull and skeleton decorations, elaborately decorated zip-up hoodies, trucker hats (Von Dutch), fitted caps (New Era Cap Company), tight tee shirts (Dangerous Elite), tighter denim jeans. Shorter length t-shirts with shorter arm sleeves has become involed in recent trends because of wanting to expose decorated belts. In some circles, the baggy style has faded away, with the growing influence of rappers such as Kanye West, Common and Andre 3000, often sporting such colorful fitted prep-hop and hipster-inspired clothing, and tighter-fitting skater influenced styles in the case of Pharrell. Yet, the baggy style remains active in other places despite recent trends.

Discuss.
July 25, 2007 @ 01:58 AM
Reikwon

Im pretty much in between.I just like rocking jeans that are comfortable,popular or not.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

July 25, 2007 @ 02:19 AM
mikeeeeyy

I love how if you don't wear Nike's or rock baggy jeans and a New Era, you arent street. I wear skinny jeans, but they're not skin tight. And I don't rock Nike's every single day, nor do I own 100 pairs. I just wear what's comfortable to me. People in this scene are so stereotypical.
July 25, 2007 @ 03:49 AM
Darkadious

that second picture makes me want to throw up.
July 25, 2007 @ 04:31 AM
Kfisher

No hate...but I'd have to choose baggy because I'm used to it that way. Skinny just doesn't agree with me tbh.
July 25, 2007 @ 12:48 PM
brettfalco

i'm a big dude.

so.

me and skinny jeans don't get along.

but i'll rock a straight leg any day of the week.

tapered looks good with my sneakers.
July 25, 2007 @ 04:54 PM
betheone2

Hipster ?

Street ?

Wikipedia:
Hipster:

Street(wear):

Discuss.

regarding the second picture, i have no problem with their clothing , i mean the kicks are tight, im sure the shirts and jeans are nice too, but the way their rockin it and frontin like their gangster just makes them look like clowns

like look at the 2nd guys hair... wtf is that shit? looks like something someones great aunt from the 70s would have
July 25, 2007 @ 04:58 PM

Inactive

I don't think Neek was ever 'frontin like he's gangster'.
July 25, 2007 @ 05:08 PM
SSBSTS

I don't think Neek was ever 'frontin like he's gangster'.

i dont think either of them are trying to portray a tough image.
July 25, 2007 @ 08:28 PM
kdiddy

I tend to get jeans that fit looser than skid's, but no where near as baggy as Neek used to rock. I really don't think either style is better, just different. I wouldn't make fun of anyone for that reason, unless they came at me. Now some people rock their denim like 3-4 sizes too big, that shit just looks ridiculous. But still, it's their money.
July 25, 2007 @ 10:55 PM
elitesoles

in the second picture their pants are hanging so far off their hips I don't know how they stay up. I rock my pants baggy but I don't sag them at all. Also what's up with kids rockin bandanas around their neck. This is not a fashion statement that is for real dudes going on missions so they can mask up real quick. If your walking around all day dressed like a dog real dudes might start checking you on that
July 25, 2007 @ 11:00 PM
Brooklyn_718

Can I pick in the middle like not to baggy not to skinny but leaning on the skinny side lol..............Thats the best imo........
July 26, 2007 @ 04:45 AM
Medic

ii get skinnyish jeans that are like an inch or two below my ankle and that is like a perfect combination of both

yes
July 27, 2007 @ 09:42 AM
Theseventhletter

i like when i fart and i can see it roll dont the back of my pants leg like a snake swallowing an egg
July 27, 2007 @ 04:13 PM
lecruciverbiste

LOL @ these two extremes,

btw, both are LAME
July 27, 2007 @ 05:11 PM
aroundtheclock

Is there an inbetween
August 4, 2007 @ 02:57 PM
lrgrocker77

im more of a mixture between both i like my jeans baggy but not too baggy and i like my shirts tight but not too tight and i wear all kinds of shoes

Please login first to reply.