The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Nov 01, 2014 @ 11:36
I am thinking of getting the petite standard or petite new standard.
I have some new standards in size 26 and here are the issues:
1) I haven't worn them in yet and the waist is super-tight
2) From the knee to the opening they are too baggy
3) Too wide of an opening
4) No stacks at all
I am planning on just wearing them in and washing them enough times so they are appropriate for summer-wear

Which APCs should I go for and in which size? The new standard thighs fit perfectly.
The measurements of some jeans which I love the fit of from the knee are below. I know I may not get anything this small as I am a woman, but the closes to this would be great. I also want some stacks at the bottom but want the jeans to fit tight so they can be worn with ankle boots and not bunch up to the sides.
Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
lmao gain some weight boi
If you read back you would realise that I am female.
Nov 01, 2014 @ 23:08
lmao gain some weight boi
If you read back you would realise that I am female.
maybe mens jeans arent the best choice? there are some selvedge denim brands that make womens jeans

Instagram: THECHADDWASGREAT

Nov 02, 2014 @ 04:31
I am thinking of getting the petite standard or petite new standard.
I have some new standards in size 26 and here are the issues:
1) I haven't worn them in yet and the waist is super-tight
2) From the knee to the opening they are too baggy
3) Too wide of an opening
4) No stacks at all
I am planning on just wearing them in and washing them enough times so they are appropriate for summer-wear

Which APCs should I go for and in which size? The new standard thighs fit perfectly.
The measurements of some jeans which I love the fit of from the knee are below. I know I may not get anything this small as I am a woman, but the closes to this would be great. I also want some stacks at the bottom but want the jeans to fit tight so they can be worn with ankle boots and not bunch up to the sides.
Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
Try PS in 25?  And no stacks? How tall are you?
Nov 06, 2014 @ 17:06
^bring them to a tailor and get the leg to be skinnier
i felt the same way with my new standards, then i got them tapered and the fit is great now.
washing them won't fix your problem. they'll only shrink so much. it also seems pointless to wash them multiple times before even wearing them out.

tl;dr
none of the apc models have a 5.5in leg opening. your best bet is to just taper them.
Petit Standards size 25 or 26. Top button should be hard to button initially, especially if you want the skinny fit.
Nov 06, 2014 @ 18:19
anyone interested in brand new raw black PS sz 27, PM me. Bought the wrong cut.
Nov 06, 2014 @ 21:10

potato quality 
1 month in, pretty happy with how the stacks settled 
PNS sized down 2 
Nov 08, 2014 @ 02:46
APC on facebook recommended me to try the petit standard, and not the petite new standard
if i sought a "slight slim fit". their own words:

- The "petit standard" has a slightly slim cut and is low-rise.
- The "petit new standard" is slimmer than the previous one and is mid-rise.

If you're looking for something slightly slim we suggest that you try the "Petit standard".

since when was the petit new standard slimmer than petit standard? am i missing something here?
Nov 09, 2014 @ 03:45
Hi I've never had a pair of apc jeans. I like my jeans a little slimmer I'm the thigh and to sit nice on top of sneakers (new balance, asics) and I have a couple questions.

1. If I want slim fit should I get ps in my regular size (30) or no should I get new cure and size down a little ?
Nov 09, 2014 @ 08:59
Originally posted by Inactive User
APC on facebook recommended me to try the petit standard, and not the petite new standard
if i sought a "slight slim fit". their own words:

- The "petit standard" has a slightly slim cut and is low-rise.
- The "petit new standard" is slimmer than the previous one and is mid-rise.

If you're looking for something slightly slim we suggest that you try the "Petit standard".

since when was the petit new standard slimmer than petit standard? am i missing something here?
the PNS is skinnier, I've had both.
Nov 09, 2014 @ 10:32
what size should i wear in the PS or NC if i get 30's in uniqlo, been wearing for like 7 years now i thought id upgrade, size 30 in the uniqlos sag a lot after a little wear. No APC stores near me so help would be greatly appreciated. if it helps i can squeeze into size 28 in the publish legacy joggers. size 30's in levi 511's are baggy after a couple wears too.
Nov 09, 2014 @ 23:22
just bought a pair of nps raw denim today, going get them hem not sure how much they shrink after the first wash dont really like how it looks now with the stacks
Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:21
what size should i wear in the PS or NC if i get 30's in uniqlo, been wearing for like 7 years now i thought id upgrade, size 30 in the uniqlos sag a lot after a little wear. No APC stores near me so help would be greatly appreciated. if it helps i can squeeze into size 28 in the publish legacy joggers. size 30's in levi 511's are baggy after a couple wears too.
28, you'll think it is too tight, but it stretches A LOT

I'm 30, went 29 in my PNS, wish I had went w 28
Nov 10, 2014 @ 22:21
Im a 29-30 waist in jeans but i am bulking(adding weight, 10-15 more pounds) and im wondering do i go with a 28 or 29 petit standard. I tried on the 28 and could barely barely even button the top, took work and felt very tight and stiff. Or do I go 29 and when it stretches out I just wear a belt?
Nov 12, 2014 @ 23:16
Dumb question but ill ask anyway, if i cop pns, theyll stain my white socks right lol?
Nov 13, 2014 @ 01:39
Who wears white socks

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Nov 13, 2014 @ 02:53
Dumb question but ill ask anyway, if i cop pns, theyll stain my white socks right lol?
actually no it won't bleed on cotton 
Nov 14, 2014 @ 22:29
I don't want what I have now, but I don't want heroin chic skinny. What should I get my New Standards leg openings tapered to? Waist size 30 if that matters.

TYBG

Nov 16, 2014 @ 00:05
(Invalid img)
these are ps. im not really feeling the fit tho, calves are too slim for me. gimme some input.
Nov 16, 2014 @ 03:48
Try taking a clearer picture.
Nov 18, 2014 @ 13:24
Im a 29-30 waist in jeans but i am bulking(adding weight, 10-15 more pounds) and im wondering do i go with a 28 or 29 petit standard. I tried on the 28 and could barely barely even button the top, took work and felt very tight and stiff. Or do I go 29 and when it stretches out I just wear a belt?
Go with the 29 and the belt. The same shit happened to me last time I hit soho, took me like 15 mins to get them 28s buttons and was super uncomfy, copped the 29 and couldnt be happier
Nov 22, 2014 @ 18:54
I believe I'm around a 31 inseam 32 length. Went out and bought a pair of APC's having not done much research. The croch seems to ride up if I were to wear them regularly. I did not want to downsize much due to these being my first pair. I am over 6 ft and pretty slim, any advice on what should be done next time to avoid more complications? I'd like some room so I can wear the denim at normal but don't want the rest of the jean to have "sag." Any advice?

P.s. Would like to have a few pairs to switch out with what I wear. Any suggestions on what styles/brands to go with?
Nov 25, 2014 @ 05:39
2.5  months, ignore camo on camo plz

Nov 25, 2014 @ 14:21
I believe I'm around a 31 inseam 32 length. Went out and bought a pair of APC's having not done much research. The croch seems to ride up if I were to wear them regularly. I did not want to downsize much due to these being my first pair. I am over 6 ft and pretty slim, any advice on what should be done next time to avoid more complications? I'd like some room so I can wear the denim at normal but don't want the rest of the jean to have "sag." Any advice?

P.s. Would like to have a few pairs to switch out with what I wear. Any suggestions on what styles/brands to go with?

What pair do you have?
Nov 25, 2014 @ 22:30
funds - looking nice been working on mine for 3 weeks now, how much daily use are you wearing them  ?
Nov 26, 2014 @ 00:27
funds - looking nice been working on mine for 3 weeks now, how much daily use are you wearing them  ?
basically everyday, tons of walking from class to class and the gym. also wear them around to party on weekends.
Nov 26, 2014 @ 00:40
are those petit standard or new petit standard
Nov 29, 2014 @ 00:53

potato quality 
1 month in, pretty happy with how the stacks settled 
PNS sized down 2 
How tight were these when u first bought them? Bought a pair of PNS today (sized down 2) and they're pretty tight round calves, and somewhat hard to bend legs. Waist and thighs not too bad, but I like how yours turned out. I kno they stretch, but wanted to know how much yours or anyone else did - and if I should've sized down one instead of 2. Thnx!
Nov 29, 2014 @ 01:54
2.5  months, ignore camo on camo plz

good fit
Dec 05, 2014 @ 23:23
Hi. I've had a pair of petite standards for 3 years now. I gave them a first soak after a year and after that I gave them a machine wash (60 C) and another soak. Although I'm happy with the fading i'm getting the overall colour is still fairly dark. Does anyone have any tips on how to get more colour fading? Thanks!
Dec 06, 2014 @ 00:27
Hi. I've had a pair of petite standards for 3 years now. I gave them a first soak after a year and after that I gave them a machine wash (60 C) and another soak. Although I'm happy with the fading i'm getting the overall colour is still fairly dark. Does anyone have any tips on how to get more colour fading? Thanks!
The more times you wash them, the more indigo dye comes off 
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0