The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Oct 21, 2014 @ 14:19
i need a natural leather belt for my my ps. i have a size 28 and a 1 1/2 belt is too thick/wide/big for them. any suggestions?

(i know its supposed to be on the 3rd hole, just showing how big the belt is compared to the front)

any suggestions for bifolds/billfolds too please

Info on the belt?
Oct 22, 2014 @ 16:27
how should I size on the "jake" wash in the 17.5 cut? i'm usually a 32. should i size down 1 or 2? thanks.
Oct 22, 2014 @ 17:13
how should I size on the "jake" wash in the 17.5 cut? i'm usually a 32. should i size down 1 or 2? thanks.
This ain't the Dior thread homie. 

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Oct 23, 2014 @ 19:51
PS 10.5 Months and 1 wash (accidentally had bleach splash on one of the legs too.)
Oct 23, 2014 @ 22:45
PS 10.5 Months and 1 wash (accidentally had bleach splash on one of the legs too.)
How did you wash these? Lost a lot of color

Yes

Oct 23, 2014 @ 23:26
Originally posted by Inactive User
This ain't the Dior thread homie. 
my fault, lol
Oct 24, 2014 @ 03:28
just moved and forgot i still had these old new standards i used to wear back in freshmen/sophmore year
thinking about getting them tapered cuz they're really baggy. color looks a bit weird cuz they got accidently machine washed and then i got another pair so i just kept machine washing them

ig quinnandres

Oct 24, 2014 @ 14:50
Need help guys.  Got a Pair of PNS in a size 29 took em back for a 28 because the waist was a little loose.  This is my third pair of APCs (2 PS previously)  My PS stretched a lot.  At this point with the PNS 28s they are extremely tight (mostly in thighs) but I have worn them less than 15 times.  Should I take the PNS back for the 29 or should I stick with the 28?

IG:obscure_J

Oct 24, 2014 @ 17:11
How did you wash these? Lost a lot of color
Machine washed, hang dried outside. I wanted them to come out lighter that's why I did the machine wash. 
Oct 24, 2014 @ 17:24
Awesome, Rednalooz.

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Oct 29, 2014 @ 03:01
this is special

if only my legs were shorter for stacks like those
Oct 29, 2014 @ 19:17
Is this a legit APC tag? this is on a coat/jacket by the way..might be an older piece. Seller does not know much about it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/PewAAOSwAHZUMIAw/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
Oct 29, 2014 @ 21:37
this is special

if only my legs were shorter for stacks like those
Wishing you were shorter for stacks... O K.

http://real1st.tumblr.com/

Oct 29, 2014 @ 21:55
just bought my first pair of apc  in nps in the stone wash had  to go down 2 sizes from my normal after wearing them a few times maybe i could of went down 1 more size, does all there denim stretch so much ? was looking to get another pair 
Oct 30, 2014 @ 18:00
I am thinking of getting the petite standard or petite new standard.
I have some new standards in size 26 and here are the issues:
1) I haven't worn them in yet and the waist is super-tight
2) From the knee to the opening they are too baggy
3) Too wide of an opening
4) No stacks at all
I am planning on just wearing them in and washing them enough times so they are appropriate for summer-wear

Which APCs should I go for and in which size? The new standard thighs fit perfectly.
The measurements of some jeans which I love the fit of from the knee are below. I know I may not get anything this small as I am a woman, but the closes to this would be great. I also want some stacks at the bottom but want the jeans to fit tight so they can be worn with ankle boots and not bunch up to the sides.
Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
Oct 30, 2014 @ 18:19
^bring them to a tailor and get the leg to be skinnier
i felt the same way with my new standards, then i got them tapered and the fit is great now.
washing them won't fix your problem. they'll only shrink so much. it also seems pointless to wash them multiple times before even wearing them out.

tl;dr
none of the apc models have a 5.5in leg opening. your best bet is to just taper them.

ig quinnandres

Oct 30, 2014 @ 18:43
i felt the same way with my new standards, then i got them tapered and the fit is great now.
washing them won't fix your problem. they'll only shrink so much. it also seems pointless to wash them multiple times before even wearing them out.

tl;dr
none of the apc models have a 5.5in leg opening. your best bet is to just taper them.
Thanks for your reply.
I am aware that 5.5" is not going to happen but which ones have the narrowest leg opening? And by washing them I simply meant wearing them like regular jeans and having them as part of my rotation and washing them as I please just to make them lighter - as opposed to to wearing them lots for a long period of time before the first wash.
Tapering them may be possible, I think that they need around 1 inch across when laid flat and they would be fine.
Did you have your jeans tapered to maintain the selvedge seam? If I choose that option, I think that the thigh will also have to lose a tiny amount which I do not want.
Oct 31, 2014 @ 14:02
have a pair of unworn petit standards in 32 if anyone is interested. 
Nov 01, 2014 @ 02:38
4) No stacks at all
I am planning on just wearing them in and washing them enough times so they are appropriate for summer-wear

Which APCs should I go for and in which size? The new standard thighs fit perfectly.
The measurements of some jeans which I love the fit of from the knee are below. I know I may not get anything this small as I am a woman, but the closes to this would be great. I also want some stacks at the bottom but want the jeans to fit tight so they can be worn with ankle boots and not bunch up to the sides.
Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
lmao gain some weight boi

this world isn't for people like me

Nov 01, 2014 @ 11:36
4) No stacks at all

Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
If you read back you would realise that I am female.
Nov 01, 2014 @ 23:08
4) No stacks at all

Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
If you read back you would realise that I am female.
maybe mens jeans arent the best choice? there are some selvedge denim brands that make womens jeans
Nov 02, 2014 @ 04:31
4) No stacks at all

Knee 7.0 inches
Opening 5.5 inches
Try PS in 25?  And no stacks? How tall are you?
Nov 06, 2014 @ 17:06

tl;dr
Petit Standards size 25 or 26. Top button should be hard to button initially, especially if you want the skinny fit.
Nov 06, 2014 @ 18:19
anyone interested in brand new raw black PS sz 27, PM me. Bought the wrong cut.
Nov 06, 2014 @ 21:10

potato quality 
1 month in, pretty happy with how the stacks settled 
PNS sized down 2 
Nov 08, 2014 @ 02:46
APC on facebook recommended me to try the petit standard, and not the petite new standard
if i sought a "slight slim fit". their own words:

- The "petit standard" has a slightly slim cut and is low-rise.
- The "petit new standard" is slimmer than the previous one and is mid-rise.

If you're looking for something slightly slim we suggest that you try the "Petit standard".

since when was the petit new standard slimmer than petit standard? am i missing something here?
Nov 09, 2014 @ 03:45
Hi I've never had a pair of apc jeans. I like my jeans a little slimmer I'm the thigh and to sit nice on top of sneakers (new balance, asics) and I have a couple questions.

1. If I want slim fit should I get ps in my regular size (30) or no should I get new cure and size down a little ?
Nov 09, 2014 @ 08:59
Originally posted by Inactive User
APC on facebook recommended me to try the petit standard, and not the petite new standard
if i sought a "slight slim fit". their own words:

- The "petit standard" has a slightly slim cut and is low-rise.
- The "petit new standard" is slimmer than the previous one and is mid-rise.

If you're looking for something slightly slim we suggest that you try the "Petit standard".

since when was the petit new standard slimmer than petit standard? am i missing something here?
the PNS is skinnier, I've had both.
Nov 09, 2014 @ 10:32
what size should i wear in the PS or NC if i get 30's in uniqlo, been wearing for like 7 years now i thought id upgrade, size 30 in the uniqlos sag a lot after a little wear. No APC stores near me so help would be greatly appreciated. if it helps i can squeeze into size 28 in the publish legacy joggers. size 30's in levi 511's are baggy after a couple wears too.
Nov 09, 2014 @ 23:22
just bought a pair of nps raw denim today, going get them hem not sure how much they shrink after the first wash dont really like how it looks now with the stacks
Please login first to reply.