The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Jan 10, 2014 @ 22:18
Re: sizing.

You will buy APC's due to being drawn to their aesthetic beauty, quality and fine cut. You will heed the beautiful young assistant's advice in sizing down by 1-2 waist sizes so you are only able to fasten the top button by breathing in slightly. You will deem this unwise based upon previous purchases but will buy them anyway due to the advice they will stretch out up to 1.5 inches or so and also the fact you are hopelessly attracted to the assistant. You will try your jeans on at home and feel uncomfortable. You will find even sitting down is a struggle. You will have second thoughts about your purchase and consider returning the APC's to the store. You will not do this as you would feel foolish in front of the sales assistant. You will consider putting them on eBay but you cannot be bothered. You will not wear them for while and will go back to your previous battered jeans which are comfortable and safe. You will return to your APC's some time later and wear them all of the time, day and night. You will ignore the initial discomfort for the days and weeks it persists. After some time your APC's will stretch to the shape of your body. You will find you can feel your penis and testicles again. You find the waist will give a lot, the thighs will give less, the calfs will barely give at all. You will admire the fades around the back pocket where your wallet is kept, the front where you keep your phone, the creases around the thighs, the whiskers around the back of the knees and so on. You will live happily with the comforting thought that you now have the most comfortable pair of jeans you ever owned which feel like they were made just for you.

God bless you.
Jan 11, 2014 @ 07:37
Re: sizing.

You will buy APC's due to being drawn to their aesthetic beauty, quality and fine cut. You will heed the beautiful young assistant's advice in sizing down by 1-2 waist sizes so you are only able to fasten the top button by breathing in slightly. You will deem this unwise based upon previous purchases but will buy them anyway due to the advice they will stretch out up to 1.5 inches or so and also the fact you are hopelessly attracted to the assistant. You will try your jeans on at home and feel uncomfortable. You will find even sitting down is a struggle. You will have second thoughts about your purchase and consider returning the APC's to the store. You will not do this as you would feel foolish in front of the sales assistant. You will consider putting them on eBay but you cannot be bothered. You will not wear them for while and will go back to your previous battered jeans which are comfortable and safe. You will return to your APC's some time later and wear them all of the time, day and night. You will ignore the initial discomfort for the days and weeks it persists. After some time your APC's will stretch to the shape of your body. You will find you can feel your penis and testicles again. You find the waist will give a lot, the thighs will give less, the calfs will barely give at all. You will admire the fades around the back pocket where your wallet is kept, the front where you keep your phone, the creases around the thighs, the whiskers around the back of the knees and so on. You will live happily with the comforting thought that you now have the most comfortable pair of jeans you ever owned which feel like they were made just for you.

God bless you.
Jan 11, 2014 @ 09:15
anybody looking to trade their size 30 PS for a size 31?

•••

Jan 12, 2014 @ 03:36
Just got some APC size 30. They are a bit big but I have big calves so I thought'd I'd only size down one. I decided to pinroll because I feel that the leg opening is a bit wide for my liking and when I roll regularly it looks goofy. Not sure how the stacks will develop but I think they will come in due time, would like some feedback!
Apologize for shitty photos had to lighten on my own.

IG: @thesupersun

Jan 12, 2014 @ 03:59
Yo, I have a pair of New Cure's tagged 28, and they are a bit too tight for my liking, they were given to me as a gift. 

*They have been worn for about 7 or 8 hours and that's it, still have the APC safety pin on them and all.*

If anyone has a pair that are a 29 and would want to size swap please hit me up, via email at ibngold@gmail.com

I'm in the Beverly Hills area. 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 04:01
I sized down 1 on some NCs but the thighs are skin tight..I can button them up all the way but I cant put my hands in the pockets, and you can see the side seems...Will they stretch or do I need to get a different size? Everything else on the fit is perfect, I just have thunder thighs. 

WTB - RONIN DIVISION TEES/HOODIES SIZE L/XL

Jan 12, 2014 @ 04:02
how do you guys store dem jawnz in between wears. having a hard time between folding them or hanging them. haven't been washed yet btw
I throw them in the closet. They're just jeans bruh.

As ^^ said, just throw  em up. Either a neat lil hand with some pants hanger or a neat fold on a dresser or something. 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 04:33
I sized down 1 on some NCs but the thighs are skin tight..I can button them up all the way but I cant put my hands in the pockets, and you can see the side seems...Will they stretch or do I need to get a different size? Everything else on the fit is perfect, I just have thunder thighs. 
What size did you get? 

You probably need to size up one more though, if they're waay too tight for your liking in the thighs, 

Maybe sag them a little bit, if the waist doesn't become uncomfortable and if that's your style.

If not, you might wanna rock with another size up 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 04:40
What size did you get? 

You probably need to size up one more though, if they're waay too tight for your liking in the thighs, 

Maybe sag them a little bit, if the waist doesn't become uncomfortable and if that's your style.

If not, you might wanna rock with another size up 
I got a size 35. 
Its not tight to the point of where i cant wear them, but they are super tight.I might try sleeping in them and wearing them around the house for a couple of days.
Unless anyone would want to trade sizes/fits haha.

Jan 12, 2014 @ 04:55
Would spraying water on the thigh to stretch area ruin the denim?

Jan 12, 2014 @ 05:15
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend that lol but just sleep in em and wear em around, and see how they feel within the next couple of days. Update the thread w/ ya process.

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 05:29
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend that lol but just sleep in em and wear em around, and see how they feel within the next couple of days. Update the thread w/ ya process.
Will do...I really hope they stretch at least an inch. It might be because its a lower rise and its forcing me to pull up a lot higher than I normally do...Might just try to trade them for some 34/35 PNS. 

Jan 12, 2014 @ 05:36

should i hem these or no?
Jan 12, 2014 @ 05:47
^ I think they look good.

Jan 12, 2014 @ 05:58

should i hem these or no?
Maybe give em a small cuff like a inch or a half inch.

If you don't like that, maybe get them hemmed a bit to your liking. 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:01
Here's some pics of my new jawns, NC size 28. Check em out. 

1. http://imgur.com/i4JyoQP full body front view
2. http://imgur.com/zhZsg0S close up front view
3. http://imgur.com/Hv63a3Y close up side view
4. http://imgur.com/1rTVzQj back view

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:08

1. http://imgur.com/i4JyoQP full body front view
2. http://imgur.com/zhZsg0S close up front view
3. http://imgur.com/Hv63a3Y close up side view
4. http://imgur.com/1rTVzQj back view
use tinypic 
Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:09
Do the fades set in relatively quickly for raw A.P.C. jeans?
Definitely faster than a pair of Naked and Famous jawns that I have, in a way they do fade quicker than other raw denim, but as in any case, the more you wear them, the more activity they're exposed to, the better your pair will look and that's the same with any brand of raw denim (unless it's just not quality or not taken care of). 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:11
Do the fades set in relatively quickly for raw A.P.C. jeans?
Definitely faster than a pair of Naked and Famous jawns that I have, in a way they do fade quicker than other raw denim, but as in any case, the more you wear them, the more activity they're exposed to, the better your pair will look and that's the same with any brand of raw denim (unless it's just not quality or not taken care of).

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:15

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:21
Can anyone confirm that PNS size 23 have 7 inch leg openings? 

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:24
Nah, Size 32 PNS have 7 inch leg openings though. Hoping that's what you meant. But, if you actually meant size 23, nah the opening would be like a 5 inch leg opening or something crazy and i've never seen that size before. 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:41
Nah, Size 32 PNS have 7 inch leg openings though. Hoping that's what you meant. But, if you actually meant size 23, nah the opening would be like a 5 inch leg opening or something crazy and i've never seen that size before. 
Yeah I meant 32 haha. 

Jan 12, 2014 @ 06:47
Yeah I meant 32 haha. 
Yeah bro, they got 7 inch openings b. 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 08:20

staxxx cuhsmokeyface
Jan 12, 2014 @ 18:35
Are you like 5'4?

http://real1st.tumblr.com/

Jan 12, 2014 @ 18:40
Are you like 5'4?
I'm 5'6

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

Jan 12, 2014 @ 18:45
Just got some APC size 30. They are a bit big but I have big calves so I thought'd I'd only size down one. I decided to pinroll because I feel that the leg opening is a bit wide for my liking and when I roll regularly it looks goofy. Not sure how the stacks will develop but I think they will come in due time, would like some feedback!

will the pinroll fuck up the denim?

IG: @thesupersun

Jan 12, 2014 @ 19:22
Are you like 5'4?
Lol

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Jan 12, 2014 @ 19:26

will the pinroll fuck up the denim?
I dont think anything will happen to the denim as long as you keep them rolled..could be wrong.But I think they will look good once the stacks settle in. 

Please login first to reply.