The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

August 02, 2013 @ 11:40:36
@shitcam 
how much did you size down? where exactly does it fit "small" (nohomo)?
Sized down 3, just because I bought sz 31 first and it way way too big..so I thought 29 will be okay, and guess I was a bit wrong. It is tight in waist and crotch area - I can wear them, but it is not as comfy as I would like.

@sparkyy
I think 30 NS will be okay - I am also 32w in levis and my PS are 29, should be 30, but still PS.
August 02, 2013 @ 18:37:08
What is the loosest fit for men's jeans?
August 02, 2013 @ 21:45:35
Petit Standards 28, can't wait to break them in.

Good fit

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

August 03, 2013 @ 04:20:59
@shitcam 
how much did you size down? where exactly does it fit "small" (nohomo)?
Sized down 3, just because I bought sz 31 first and it way way too big..so I thought 29 will be okay, and guess I was a bit wrong. It is tight in waist and crotch area - I can wear them, but it is not as comfy as I would like.

@sparkyy
I think 30 NS will be okay - I am also 32w in levis and my PS are 29, should be 30, but still PS.
i doubt it'll stretch anymore given that you've worn it for 5 months already... you could always try giving it 1 more month just in case.
August 03, 2013 @ 10:39:17
I might try wet stretching, if that won't work I will have to trade them..
just quick question - I want something like PS, but with longer inseam - 35 would be great
August 03, 2013 @ 19:06:51
^Try 3sixteens ST. I heard they have the same cut as PS but with long inseam as well
August 04, 2013 @ 19:21:47
I need a quick answer please! I really like the cut of the NS but I have a feeling the inseam will be too short. I'm 6 foot 2 and would prefer some stacks. Won't be sagging too much. What do you guys think?

state of mind purple

August 05, 2013 @ 18:54:57
I'm a bit over 6'3 and my PS are so-so..I would prefer longer inseam mainly when I wear low sneakers like janoski
You can have stacks with higher shoes.
August 06, 2013 @ 06:31:25
I'm new to APC so i'm not used to their sizes. would a sz 27 fit me if im regularly 30-32 in levis and naked and famous? sorry new to APC
August 06, 2013 @ 13:11:04
30-32 in levis would be a 28-30 in APC

I wouldn't go lower than a 29.
August 06, 2013 @ 17:50:06
Interested in purchasing some APCs. What fit would be best for stacking from the knee down with a slim thigh opening ? Also, how should I size down to ensure some good stacking? 
August 06, 2013 @ 19:52:35
honestly, 265 for a pair of kanye jeans is pretty ridiculous considering you can get the same ones at H&M for 35$
August 06, 2013 @ 23:23:57
Interested in purchasing some APCs. What fit would be best for stacking from the knee down with a slim thigh opening ? Also, how should I size down to ensure some good stacking? 
Petit New Standard

IG: @mobbyluii

August 06, 2013 @ 23:38:45
honestly, 265 for a pair of kanye jeans is pretty ridiculous considering you can get the same ones at H&M for 35$
H&M

August 07, 2013 @ 00:38:43
Hey, guys! I'm thinking about purchasing my first pair of A.P.C.s (Petit Standards to be exact) and I had a few inquries about them. To help, my profile is 6'1 150lbs, a very slim build with long legs. I love Dillion's Skinny Bullheads fit and Levi's 510. I wear 32 x 32, but I like to stack with a 32 x 34. 

So my questions are as followed:

1. Should I wait until the fall or buy them in the summertime? I know you can't wash them for as recommended as 6 months, so I wouldn't want to walk around with my ass smelling like Sosa's morning lip. 

2. How do the Petit Standards fit? And how do I correctly size down? I like to pinch roll my jeans for my runners and Vans. Will these give the skinny to tapered look?

3. Can anyone post pictures of their Petits so I can see if it's the fit I actually want? I live in Michigan, so there's not many available try-on spots. I just don't want to drop a couple bands on some jeans that I might have to end up returning. 

Thanks in advance!
August 07, 2013 @ 03:35:41
Hey, guys! I'm thinking about purchasing my first pair of A.P.C.s (Petit Standards to be exact) and I had a few inquries about them. To help, my profile is 6'1 150lbs, a very slim build with long legs. I love Dillion's Skinny Bullheads fit and Levi's 510. I wear 32 x 32, but I like to stack with a 32 x 34. 

1. Should I wait until the fall or buy them in the summertime? I know you can't wash them for as recommended as 6 months, so I wouldn't want to walk around with my ass smelling like Sosa's morning lip. 

2. How do the Petit Standards fit? And how do I correctly size down? I like to pinch roll my jeans for my runners and Vans. Will these give the skinny to tapered look?

3. Can anyone post pictures of their Petits so I can see if it's the fit I actually want? I live in Michigan, so there's not many available try-on spots. I just don't want to drop a couple bands on some jeans that I might have to end up returning. 

Thanks in advance!
I got you man!! I'm just over 6'3" and 175 lb. so I have the same tall and slender build. My measured waste size was a 34. You're supposed to size one down because APC waste sizing is just bigger than normal, then size down another to accommodate for stretching, so in the end I ordered a pair of 33 PS, because I too was going for the general skinny/tapered look. The other option would be NC which has a bigger rise, thigh, and a little more of a flare near the hem, so the PS is I think what you're looking for. If you want specific measurements just use this link and compare the measurements to some of your levi's or whatever.

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money smokeyface

And if you can wait till I get off of work tomorrow I'll post some fit pics of my PS straight out the packaging. 

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

August 07, 2013 @ 18:30:14

Thanks in advance!
I got you man!! I'm just over 6'3" and 175 lb. so I have the same tall and slender build. My measured waste size was a 34. You're supposed to size one down because APC waste sizing is just bigger than normal, then size down another to accommodate for stretching, so in the end I ordered a pair of 33 PS, because I too was going for the general skinny/tapered look. The other option would be NC which has a bigger rise, thigh, and a little more of a flare near the hem, so the PS is I think what you're looking for. If you want specific measurements just use this link and compare the measurements to some of your levi's or whatever.

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money

And if you can wait till I get off of work tomorrow I'll post some fit pics of my PS straight out the packaging. 

These are SUPER tight and SUPER stiff, but its not like I didn't know they would be. Hopefully they stretch really quickly, bout to start running stairs to break em in faster smh

August 07, 2013 @ 19:18:56
^^i wouldnt call that a bad fit at all.  And once they do stretch that lil bit that should be a perfect fit
August 07, 2013 @ 19:34:40
^^i wouldnt call that a bad fit at all.  And once they do stretch that lil bit that should be a perfect fit
Yeah thats what i was hoping/ thinking.... I just want to get out of the uncomfortable break-in phase for now

August 07, 2013 @ 21:36:16
^ exactly how my pair was. After about a month of wear you'll notice they won't be so stiff and will start to fit better
August 07, 2013 @ 22:45:31
what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

August 07, 2013 @ 23:01:38
fit looks good

ig quinnandres

August 08, 2013 @ 00:59:13
Just got my ps in the mail from Barneys and the fucking ink tag is still on em...
August 08, 2013 @ 01:21:23
what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

they look fine b dont worry. 

fag

August 08, 2013 @ 01:54:59
Are petit new standards looser in the waist and thighs than petit standards?
August 08, 2013 @ 01:56:01
Just got my ps in the mail from Barneys and the fucking ink tag is still on em...

I'd be really mad smh but just call Barneys and find out what kind of ink tag they use and which local retailers use the same kind and will take it off, but you'll need your receipt. 

August 08, 2013 @ 02:09:52
Are petit new standards looser in the waist and thighs than petit standards?
for me this was the case. i tried on size 30 for both PNS and PS. i could not button the waist for PS. but as far as i know, they both fit pretty similarly, maybe the PNS was a bit more tapered? also PNS was shorter in length by about 1.5 inches i think, which worked out for me
August 08, 2013 @ 02:15:03

Yeahh!!!

what the hell....
August 08, 2013 @ 15:09:08

Thanks in advance!

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money

These are SUPER tight and SUPER stiff, but its not like I didn't know they would be. Hopefully they stretch really quickly, bout to start running stairs to break em in faster 
Haha, they usually break in within' a day. Keep me updated because I want to see how things transpire. Thanks for all the help though, man. I appreciate it! 
August 08, 2013 @ 15:10:39

What's your true waist size?
Please login first to reply.
x