August 7, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

Hey, guys! I'm thinking about purchasing my first pair of A.P.C.s (Petit Standards to be exact) and I had a few inquries about them. To help, my profile is 6'1 150lbs, a very slim build with long legs. I love Dillion's Skinny Bullheads fit and Levi's 510. I wear 32 x 32, but I like to stack with a 32 x 34. 

So my questions are as followed:

1. Should I wait until the fall or buy them in the summertime? I know you can't wash them for as recommended as 6 months, so I wouldn't want to walk around with my ass smelling like Sosa's morning lip. 

2. How do the Petit Standards fit? And how do I correctly size down? I like to pinch roll my jeans for my runners and Vans. Will these give the skinny to tapered look?

3. Can anyone post pictures of their Petits so I can see if it's the fit I actually want? I live in Michigan, so there's not many available try-on spots. I just don't want to drop a couple bands on some jeans that I might have to end up returning. 

Thanks in advance!
I got you man!! I'm just over 6'3" and 175 lb. so I have the same tall and slender build. My measured waste size was a 34. You're supposed to size one down because APC waste sizing is just bigger than normal, then size down another to accommodate for stretching, so in the end I ordered a pair of 33 PS, because I too was going for the general skinny/tapered look. The other option would be NC which has a bigger rise, thigh, and a little more of a flare near the hem, so the PS is I think what you're looking for. If you want specific measurements just use this link and compare the measurements to some of your levi's or whatever.

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money

And if you can wait till I get off of work tomorrow I'll post some fit pics of my PS straight out the packaging. 

These are SUPER tight and SUPER stiff, but its not like I didn't know they would be. Hopefully they stretch really quickly, bout to start running stairs to break em in faster sad

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

August 7, 2013 @ 07:18 PM
mrh

^^i wouldnt call that a bad fit at all.  And once they do stretch that lil bit that should be a perfect fit
August 7, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

^^i wouldnt call that a bad fit at all.  And once they do stretch that lil bit that should be a perfect fit
Yeah thats what i was hoping/ thinking.... I just want to get out of the uncomfortable break-in phase for now

August 7, 2013 @ 09:36 PM
eightoneight

^ exactly how my pair was. After about a month of wear you'll notice they won't be so stiff and will start to fit better
August 7, 2013 @ 10:45 PM
rlee

what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

August 7, 2013 @ 11:01 PM
rekuso

fit looks good

ig quinnrekuso

August 8, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
Bet

Just got my ps in the mail from Barneys and the fucking ink tag is still on em...
August 8, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
gil

what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

they look fine b dont worry. 

fag

August 8, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
lilcombs

Are petit new standards looser in the waist and thighs than petit standards?
August 8, 2013 @ 01:56 AM
FreestyleFEllowship

Just got my ps in the mail from Barneys and the fucking ink tag is still on em...

I'd be really mad sad but just call Barneys and find out what kind of ink tag they use and which local retailers use the same kind and will take it off, but you'll need your receipt. 

August 8, 2013 @ 02:09 AM
rlee

Are petit new standards looser in the waist and thighs than petit standards?
for me this was the case. i tried on size 30 for both PNS and PS. i could not button the waist for PS. but as far as i know, they both fit pretty similarly, maybe the PNS was a bit more tapered? also PNS was shorter in length by about 1.5 inches i think, which worked out for me
August 8, 2013 @ 02:15 AM
Bet

Yeahh!!!

what the hell....
August 8, 2013 @ 03:09 PM
Shrooms God

Hey, guys! I'm thinking about purchasing my first pair of A.P.C.s (Petit Standards to be exact) and I had a few inquries about them. To help, my profile is 6'1 150lbs, a very slim build with long legs. I love Dillion's Skinny Bullheads fit and Levi's 510. I wear 32 x 32, but I like to stack with a 32 x 34. 

So my questions are as followed:

1. Should I wait until the fall or buy them in the summertime? I know you can't wash them for as recommended as 6 months, so I wouldn't want to walk around with my ass smelling like Sosa's morning lip. 

2. How do the Petit Standards fit? And how do I correctly size down? I like to pinch roll my jeans for my runners and Vans. Will these give the skinny to tapered look?

3. Can anyone post pictures of their Petits so I can see if it's the fit I actually want? I live in Michigan, so there's not many available try-on spots. I just don't want to drop a couple bands on some jeans that I might have to end up returning. 

Thanks in advance!
I got you man!! I'm just over 6'3" and 175 lb. so I have the same tall and slender build. My measured waste size was a 34. You're supposed to size one down because APC waste sizing is just bigger than normal, then size down another to accommodate for stretching, so in the end I ordered a pair of 33 PS, because I too was going for the general skinny/tapered look. The other option would be NC which has a bigger rise, thigh, and a little more of a flare near the hem, so the PS is I think what you're looking for. If you want specific measurements just use this link and compare the measurements to some of your levi's or whatever.

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money

And if you can wait till I get off of work tomorrow I'll post some fit pics of my PS straight out the packaging. 

These are SUPER tight and SUPER stiff, but its not like I didn't know they would be. Hopefully they stretch really quickly, bout to start running stairs to break em in faster 
Haha, they usually break in within' a day. Keep me updated because I want to see how things transpire. Thanks for all the help though, man. I appreciate it! 
August 8, 2013 @ 03:10 PM
Shrooms God

What's your true waist size?
August 8, 2013 @ 07:49 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

Haha, they usually break in within' a day. Keep me updated because I want to see how things transpire. Thanks for all the help though, man. I appreciate it! 
Yeah they're soo much more comfortable today, and the waste has definitely stretched atleast 2 sizes, the legs are starting to stretch nicely, and I can see the whisker and comb creases forming or whatever. Wore 'em to work as an intern which means I'm always going around getting stuff from/ for people so that helped. Overall, I'd actually consider these pants to be somewhat comfortable today. I might post a fit pic later if I find the motivation/ energy. 

August 9, 2013 @ 04:21 PM
real nigga

Yeahh!!!

what the hell....
Take these to any department store like Sears or Kohls and get it taken pff. Easy.

Young niggas run everything

August 10, 2013 @ 03:21 AM
yar

Inseam is 36" fuck... my length is 30"... how much shorter should I make them? and how do i make them shorter lol
August 10, 2013 @ 06:39 AM
FreestyleFEllowship

Inseam is 36" fuck... my length is 30"... how much shorter should I make them? and how do i make them shorter lol
Get them, try them on, try cuffing... If they're still too long get them hemmed by a tailor

August 10, 2013 @ 08:11 AM
Knxwledge

honestly, 265 for a pair of kanye jeans is pretty ridiculous considering you can get the same ones at H&M for 35$

agreed. heres the wash for reference. i've seen it in person and its very similar
August 11, 2013 @ 06:04 AM
room2324

where to cop new standards?

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/164458

August 11, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

where to cop new standards?
If you're from the states:   http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3171.html?nav=denim

If you're not:  http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/women/jeans/new-standard-jeans_pFVE9DA36/colour-color_dBA00003082-BV00303494.html

August 11, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
rlee

between 32 and 33
August 12, 2013 @ 02:41 AM
radradradio

between 32 and 33
any plans on hemming or tapering them? i own a PS in sz 30s and i feel that its too long and/or not tapered enough
August 18, 2013 @ 07:38 AM
BasedBlong

so after being in new york for a couple weeks, i find as soon as i get home that my mom "did me a favor" by washing my apc's IN THE FUCKING WASHING MACHINE when i was gone. they shrunk about 3 sizes and are beyond
re-stretchable.. looks like i have to buy another pair and start all over again..

Fuck yall

August 18, 2013 @ 05:05 PM
yar

Got my brand new rescues hemmed cuz they were like 4 inches too long. but now, when I cuff them they look like this

and not like the normal

is there anyway to fix that?
August 18, 2013 @ 05:09 PM
Mr_Chukes

Don't cuff them
August 18, 2013 @ 05:43 PM
real nigga

so after being in new york for a couple weeks, i find as soon as i get home that my mom "did me a favor" by washing my apc's IN THE FUCKING WASHING MACHINE when i was gone. they shrunk about 3 sizes and are beyond
re-stretchable.. looks like i have to buy another pair and start all over again..
Why you still live witcha parents b?

August 18, 2013 @ 07:10 PM
yar

Uncuffed it looks like this. did the tailor fuck a nigga up?

August 18, 2013 @ 08:31 PM
MaK

he dun fucked up
August 18, 2013 @ 08:48 PM
real nigga

Uncuffed it looks like this. did the tailor fuck a nigga up?

Please login first to reply.