The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:09
Hey, guys! I'm thinking about purchasing my first pair of A.P.C.s (Petit Standards to be exact) and I had a few inquries about them. To help, my profile is 6'1 150lbs, a very slim build with long legs. I love Dillion's Skinny Bullheads fit and Levi's 510. I wear 32 x 32, but I like to stack with a 32 x 34. 

So my questions are as followed:

1. Should I wait until the fall or buy them in the summertime? I know you can't wash them for as recommended as 6 months, so I wouldn't want to walk around with my ass smelling like Sosa's morning lip. 

2. How do the Petit Standards fit? And how do I correctly size down? I like to pinch roll my jeans for my runners and Vans. Will these give the skinny to tapered look?

3. Can anyone post pictures of their Petits so I can see if it's the fit I actually want? I live in Michigan, so there's not many available try-on spots. I just don't want to drop a couple bands on some jeans that I might have to end up returning. 

Thanks in advance!
I got you man!! I'm just over 6'3" and 175 lb. so I have the same tall and slender build. My measured waste size was a 34. You're supposed to size one down because APC waste sizing is just bigger than normal, then size down another to accommodate for stretching, so in the end I ordered a pair of 33 PS, because I too was going for the general skinny/tapered look. The other option would be NC which has a bigger rise, thigh, and a little more of a flare near the hem, so the PS is I think what you're looking for. If you want specific measurements just use this link and compare the measurements to some of your levi's or whatever.

As for when to buy? I have no clue I just ordered mine and they should be coming in tomorrow, I'm not too worried about getting super bargains because I'm currently seeing a steady flow of money

And if you can wait till I get off of work tomorrow I'll post some fit pics of my PS straight out the packaging. 

These are SUPER tight and SUPER stiff, but its not like I didn't know they would be. Hopefully they stretch really quickly, bout to start running stairs to break em in faster 
Haha, they usually break in within' a day. Keep me updated because I want to see how things transpire. Thanks for all the help though, man. I appreciate it! 
Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:10
what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

What's your true waist size?
Aug 08, 2013 @ 19:49
Originally posted by Inactive User
Haha, they usually break in within' a day. Keep me updated because I want to see how things transpire. Thanks for all the help though, man. I appreciate it! 
Yeah they're soo much more comfortable today, and the waste has definitely stretched atleast 2 sizes, the legs are starting to stretch nicely, and I can see the whisker and comb creases forming or whatever. Wore 'em to work as an intern which means I'm always going around getting stuff from/ for people so that helped. Overall, I'd actually consider these pants to be somewhat comfortable today. I might post a fit pic later if I find the motivation/ energy. 

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

Aug 09, 2013 @ 16:21

Yeahh!!!

what the hell....
Take these to any department store like Sears or Kohls and get it taken pff. Easy.

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Aug 10, 2013 @ 03:21
Inseam is 36" fuck... my length is 30"... how much shorter should I make them? and how do i make them shorter lol
Aug 10, 2013 @ 06:39
Inseam is 36" fuck... my length is 30"... how much shorter should I make them? and how do i make them shorter lol
Get them, try them on, try cuffing... If they're still too long get them hemmed by a tailor

Aug 10, 2013 @ 08:11
honestly, 265 for a pair of kanye jeans is pretty ridiculous considering you can get the same ones at H&M for 35$

agreed. heres the wash for reference. i've seen it in person and its very similar
Aug 11, 2013 @ 06:04
where to cop new standards?

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/164458

Aug 11, 2013 @ 17:42
where to cop new standards?
If you're from the states:   http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3171.html?nav=denim

If you're not:  http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/women/jeans/new-standard-jeans_pFVE9DA36/colour-color_dBA00003082-BV00303494.html

Aug 11, 2013 @ 23:09
what do you guys think of the fit? size 30 petite new standards, sized down 2. after wearing for 2 days, i think i coudlve sized down 1 more possibly, though the petite standards wouldn't button for me in size 30 so i didn't want to bother trying the 29 for PNS.

between 32 and 33
Aug 12, 2013 @ 02:41
between 32 and 33
any plans on hemming or tapering them? i own a PS in sz 30s and i feel that its too long and/or not tapered enough
Aug 18, 2013 @ 07:38
so after being in new york for a couple weeks, i find as soon as i get home that my mom "did me a favor" by washing my apc's IN THE FUCKING WASHING MACHINE when i was gone. they shrunk about 3 sizes and are beyond
re-stretchable.. looks like i have to buy another pair and start all over again..

Fuck yall

Aug 18, 2013 @ 17:05
Got my brand new rescues hemmed cuz they were like 4 inches too long. but now, when I cuff them they look like this

and not like the normal

is there anyway to fix that?
Aug 18, 2013 @ 17:09
Don't cuff them
Aug 18, 2013 @ 17:43
so after being in new york for a couple weeks, i find as soon as i get home that my mom "did me a favor" by washing my apc's IN THE FUCKING WASHING MACHINE when i was gone. they shrunk about 3 sizes and are beyond
re-stretchable.. looks like i have to buy another pair and start all over again..
Why you still live witcha parents b?

Aug 18, 2013 @ 19:10
Uncuffed it looks like this. did the tailor fuck a nigga up?

Aug 18, 2013 @ 20:31
he dun fucked up
Aug 18, 2013 @ 20:48

Aug 18, 2013 @ 22:53

damn b i knew them thai bitches would fuck me up.

wut can a nigga do now?
Aug 18, 2013 @ 23:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BGPd_yVZi8

RIP
Aug 19, 2013 @ 03:40
between 32 and 33
any plans on hemming or tapering them? i own a PS in sz 30s and i feel that its too long and/or not tapered enough
Nope, I plan to keep them as is. I have the PNS which are a little bit shorter than the PS.
Aug 19, 2013 @ 04:30
Aug 19, 2013 @ 05:05
post pics

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

Aug 19, 2013 @ 06:25
Quick question about inseam- if waist sizes 25-30 come with an inseam of 32-34 does this mean I can opt for either an inseam of 32 or 34 in this size range? Or is it just the smaller sizes that go down to a 32 inseam ? I'm 5'4 and worried about the 34 inseam and paranoid about getting them hemmed lol. I also want them to be long enough to stack, but not too long, around 31-32 inseam. 
Aug 19, 2013 @ 16:13

damn b i knew them thai bitches would fuck me up.

wut can a nigga do now?
Start wearing boots my nigga 
Aug 19, 2013 @ 18:41
My new petit new standards vs. my old petit standards. 

Aug 19, 2013 @ 20:19
Does anyone know if the measurements of the Petit Standard's on Contextclothing are accurate?
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665
Aug 19, 2013 @ 21:01
My new petit new standards vs. my old petit standards. 

Info on old apcs? Like how many washes etc
Aug 19, 2013 @ 23:59
Does anyone know if the measurements of the Petit Standard's on Contextclothing are accurate?
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665
they were pretty spot on for my new cures

Buying W+H leather low tops size 40-41

Aug 20, 2013 @ 04:58
Hey everyone just have a question about what fit I should get...I do like a straight leg fit, so I'm choosing between rescues or new standards. I usually wear 505, 501 or 516 in Levis. the 516 is essentially just a 505 that sits at the waist i believe and the 501 is a 505 with a button fly i believe also. But anyways I just don't want NS to be to skinny and the rescues to be too baggy. 516 say they are slim straight but but fit my like a normal straight leg. I love the way my 516s fit, so could anyone help me out on which fit I should get? thanks
Please login first to reply.