SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
October 26, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
snahfu

I've never seen PS fit baggy like this.

how do i size to achieve this look for petit standards?
http://www.thirdlooks.com/2012/10/style-profile-ackime/

im 5'8", 143 pounds on a normal day, 147 on a heavy day. im in between choosing 29/30/31. probably a 30... but maybe 31?

I wear w+h chinos size 30 (31 inch waist)
Diors 19cm size 30 (32 inch waist)

October 26, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
mike who

You'd probably want a 31 to have them that loose. That or get 29/30 New Standards instead.
October 26, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

some might think I had an attitude or something but really...you say to drop some knowledge?? All that info can be found in the past 10 pages or the FIRST page. Plus the guy says he can go to the strore....so go! Most people can't try them on so they come to forums and ask.

All sites that I've visited allows for returns, might be store credit but they offer exchanges. So you wont really know how they fit till you actually try them on. Read a few pages and get idea of what size you should get..order pair, try them on...if they don't fit, exchange them! BOOM! Now you got a pair that fits
October 27, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
Coldchain

A.P.C. New Standards with about 5 weeks of wear.

The last two pictures are a better look at the fades, but they're more prominent in person.

Tumblr: patrickromain.tumblr.com Instagram: @patrickromain Twitter: @patrickromainjr

October 27, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
jkhazneh94

anyone reselling denim?!
October 27, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
applesauce

I personally cannot justify the outrageous prices for denim. The premium attached w/ most brands rests in the brand itself. Sure you can make a case for craftsmanship and design, but in the end, they are just made out of 'cotton'!

I've had a pair of APC when they had a promotion and felt like the jeans were durable and sturdy, but the cutting wasn't really to my likings. The jeans did feel durable though. But after wearing my nudies for about a year, I began to understand that fitting and branding go hand in hand to some degree.

I'm not knocking APCs, but my next purchase would another pair of nudies.

Go back to the Nudies thread herb

You're absolutely silly. I've been here for about 6 years unofficially, I think I know a thing or 2 about this whole 'trend' thing. But if you have something to say, then say it, but if not, you sound naive and worst than a willing amateur.

You do not need $300-$800 jeans to look good, nor feel good.

At the same time, Nudies are still ASS. Hell i would rather buy a pair of Levis than Nudies. Them shits is weak

what's the point of 200$ jeans. I've worn 70$ Volcom jeans my whole life and never had a problem with quality. If it's like a brand thing I get that, but you guys keep talking about quality. Is there actually a significant difference between 200$ jeans and the shit you get at a skate shop. I don't mean this as a criticism or anything. this is a legitimate question because I was considering buying some name brand jeans.
October 27, 2012 @ 06:27 AM
Espresso

I personally cannot justify the outrageous prices for denim. The premium attached w/ most brands rests in the brand itself. Sure you can make a case for craftsmanship and design, but in the end, they are just made out of 'cotton'!

I've had a pair of APC when they had a promotion and felt like the jeans were durable and sturdy, but the cutting wasn't really to my likings. The jeans did feel durable though. But after wearing my nudies for about a year, I began to understand that fitting and branding go hand in hand to some degree.

I'm not knocking APCs, but my next purchase would another pair of nudies.

Go back to the Nudies thread herb

You're absolutely silly. I've been here for about 6 years unofficially, I think I know a thing or 2 about this whole 'trend' thing. But if you have something to say, then say it, but if not, you sound naive and worst than a willing amateur.

You do not need $300-$800 jeans to look good, nor feel good.

At the same time, Nudies are still ASS. Hell i would rather buy a pair of Levis than Nudies. Them shits is weak

what's the point of 200$ jeans. I've worn 70$ Volcom jeans my whole life and never had a problem with quality. If it's like a brand thing I get that, but you guys keep talking about quality. Is there actually a significant difference between 200$ jeans and the shit you get at a skate shop. I don't mean this as a criticism or anything. this is a legitimate question because I was considering buying some name brand jeans.

There is a difference, but let's just say, the majority of the mark up rests in the brand.
The issue here is the fact that some are big headed and naive, when they look down on others. At that point, I don't give if they wear $20K jeans, they are jerks!

Again, it's not the clothes, but the person.

Generally speaking though, the whole point about raw denim is the fact that they conform to your body.
October 27, 2012 @ 06:33 AM
applesauce

is raw denim more comfortable130$ worth?
October 27, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
Espresso

i think that's subjective. like i was trying to say, i felt like my nudies were my comfortable. a lot of guys here and elsewhere equate quality and weight. they think that tight fitting jeans will give them nice results, and so they subject themselves to torment.

going back to my opinion. i think that nudies are much more comfortable than APCs, granted nudies have a lot more trims to choose from. in the end, it's what you find worthwhile.

i have both nudies and apc,
October 27, 2012 @ 06:43 AM
Espresso

My APCs were made in MACAU, not sure of them now a days, so you can't really attach the same premium/prestige as you would expect. If they were really from PARIS, I'd look at them differently.
October 27, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

applesauce - raw denim isn't as comfortable as pre washed jeans when they're new since they're kinda stiff. Something as light as APCs are pretty comfy when new tho since they're light weight.

As far as quality goes, you'll probably not notice the difference from some cheaper brand from like a skate shop. I do know BullHead is garbage and belt loops will tear right off with the slightest tug.

I only have APC and Naked & Famous at the moment but all I use to wear was Abercrombie and Levi's and between those brands the quality was pretty much all the same. But Higher end japanese brands that are normally considered heavy weight jeans are going to have better quality since the fabric is going to be more durable being thicker and all. Also with the japanese brands they're pretty serious about quality and details.

Lots of the price does come from the brand name but also how the denim is made, dyed, and constructed. You skate jeans are massed produced and they don't really care about all the little details.
October 27, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
Siphonin

Just got my apc ps tagged 28 sized down 2 I can button all 4

October 27, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
superb

@Siphonin, those will stretch perfectly. Just sit down for a bit.

~( wavy )~

October 27, 2012 @ 11:47 PM
mackness

Nudie don't have a lot more trim to pick from, half of there jeans aren't even raw/selvedge.

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

October 28, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
pngo12

Nudie don't have a lot more trim to pick from, half of there jeans aren't even raw/selvedge.

Nudies has tons of trims and fits. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure each of their cuts has a raw version.
October 28, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
mackness

I'm saying that they don't have a big selection of raw stuff, assuming that's what we are talking about.
edit: most of their denim is like 12.5oz, weak stuff

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

October 28, 2012 @ 01:49 AM
pngo12

To be fair since we are in the APC thread. There are 4 cuts in two different colors, indigo and black. That makes 8 raw denim cuts. Nudie has over 4 cuts each with a raw version and more than one raw too. Like dry twill, or organic cotton. I'm not following your argument lol...
October 28, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
mackness

My argument sucks, overall I'm trying to say nudies blow
(Nudie has 7 raw selvedge fits if I'm interpreting their site correctly)

October 28, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
backlikethat

Thinkin about letting go of my NC =/

The NS are too baggy for my liking and the NC are too tight confused confused confused confused
October 28, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
rbbnz

anyone got 28 ns?
October 29, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
superb

Looking for PS 29 or 30's. / I have a pair of PS 28's.
Will add cash to even out trade.
Looking for a more proportional fit.

~( wavy )~

October 30, 2012 @ 04:48 AM
Lin

looking for a pair of NS in 29, preferably brand new.

pm me.
October 30, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
TreyHongz

anyone reselling denim?!

If you wanna buy my nc's. Worn and faded my dude. Size 29.

IG: @treyhongz

October 30, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
mlwdp

Alright I need a honest opinion in the form of a intervention on my NS. Excuse my shitty Berry pics.

To hem or leave alone? Going on two months of consistent on and off wear. Size 36. I am 5'6. Thought settling or a wash in the future would help decision. I'm a noob in NS.

October 31, 2012 @ 10:20 PM
paulyyy94

just got these in. first I could only button up 2 but after an hour of sitting I could button all the way up. will they stretch a lot in the legs? cause i kinda like em this way
October 31, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
SHARKlN

@mlwdp definitely take a hem, it looks like you could lose about 2-3 inches and still stack. they'll settle more naturally too
November 2, 2012 @ 01:49 PM
superb

if anyone is interested in purchasing a pair of tagged 28' petit standards.
only worn about 2-3 times; please message me.

~( wavy )~

November 3, 2012 @ 04:05 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Really nice fit there Paulyy !!

They shouldn't stretch out too much . I found a pic on some guys blog or something the other night and his fit pretty much stayed the same the day 1 pic to the after 1 year pic....could've been because of a wash or something, not sure
November 3, 2012 @ 06:47 AM
RiFF RaFF

hey how do NC's stretch compared to NS? i'm trying to get something with a little less knee bulge and i also washed my NS too early :/

Be about it

November 3, 2012 @ 11:44 AM
cca369

I am looking for APC PS 28 ...

Please login first to reply.