The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:19
edit - sold - remove
Apr 18, 2012 @ 02:22
Anyone got fit pics of NS 3 sizes down? I cant seem to find any on Sufu.

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:45
Sizing down 3 on NS is pretty loose. You should probably size down 4 or even 5 for an optimal fit. The general consensus for New Standards nowadays is to size down 4, while sizing down 3 if you're going NC or PS.

Cheers
Apr 18, 2012 @ 13:38
^lol sizing down 4 or 5? wtf? horrible advice...
Apr 18, 2012 @ 16:24

Since October the 6th 2010.
First wash March 22nd 2012.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 06:53
Sizing down 3 on NS is pretty loose. You should probably size down 4 or even 5 for an optimal fit. The general consensus for New Standards nowadays is to size down 4, while sizing down 3 if you're going NC or PS.

Cheers

You wear leggings or what?

IG: @treyhongz

Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:50

Cheers

Your name fits you well.

Do NOT listen to this guy.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 14:52
Does anyone know if there's a place in Toronto that sells apc ps? I don't want to order a pair and send it back if it doesn't fit and pay all the shipping fees to send back and get a new pair.

Btw, I wear size 31, should I size down 2 or 3 for ps for skinnier fit.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 15:17
^ Dutil Denim.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:16
Sorry if this has been asked before (as Im sure it has in 450+ pages), but can someone give me a quick run down on the best care for APC's. I've had my NS's for about 7 months and have worn them pretty hard.

I dry cleaned them after 6 months as per the instructions; but now I'm curious to how people like to care for them.

What do you all do after that. Cold soak once in a while? Do you ever throw em in the laundry? What's your typical routine? What do you do in case of spills or whatever that need immediate attention? Just curious to see how everyone treats em.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:18
What size would you recommend in the PS for someone 6'3" 31/32 waist (I'm pretty skinny), looking for a pretty slim fit
Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:39
^ Dutil Denim.

alright thanks
Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:41
What size would you recommend in the PS for someone 6'3" 31/32 waist (I'm pretty skinny), looking for a pretty slim fit

I wear size 31 and I was going to go with a 29 but I'm not really sure how much they'd stretch cos I think some have gone down 3 sizes. Gonna go try a pair on if Dutil has any and see how well a 29 fits sometime next week.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:45
Sorry if this has been asked before (as Im sure it has in 450+ pages), but can someone give me a quick run down on the best care for APC's. I've had my NS's for about 7 months and have worn them pretty hard.

I dry cleaned them after 6 months as per the instructions; but now I'm curious to how people like to care for them.

What do you all do after that. Cold soak once in a while? Do you ever throw em in the laundry? What's your typical routine? What do you do in case of spills or whatever that need immediate attention? Just curious to see how everyone treats em.

The considered norm would be soaking after 6 months and repeating the cycle.

But there truly isn't specific instructions on how to care for them. Do what you feel is necessary to your jeans.

Maybe you should soak them or wash them to get some contrast but it really is up to you.
Apr 19, 2012 @ 22:26
Does anyone know if there's a place in Toronto that sells apc ps? I don't want to order a pair and send it back if it doesn't fit and pay all the shipping fees to send back and get a new pair.

nomad, dutil, even holt renfrew

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

Apr 19, 2012 @ 23:20

The considered norm would be soaking after 6 months and repeating the cycle.

But there truly isn't specific instructions on how to care for them. Do what you feel is necessary to your jeans.

Maybe you should soak them or wash them to get some contrast but it really is up to you.

I'm on my second pair of NC now and I highly recommend NEVER washing. It really softens up the denim and it becomes more susceptible to crotch rips.

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

Apr 19, 2012 @ 23:43
Anyone got pics of new cures?
Apr 20, 2012 @ 01:31
Just grabbed some APC denim. Gotta say, fit is damn near perfect
Apr 20, 2012 @ 02:20
Anyone got fit pics of NS 3 sizes down? I cant seem to find any on Sufu.

Quoted for the next page.

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

Inactive User

Apr 20, 2012 @ 06:16

I'd advise anyone to go no more than 2 down on PS.
Apr 20, 2012 @ 14:14

I'd advise anyone to go no more than 2 down on PS.

alright thanks
Apr 20, 2012 @ 16:34
i have a quick question. i wear a 34 in unbranded tapered fit (tts), what apc should i get for the same fit and how should i size on them? i know this has probably been asked a million times but i went back about 20 pages and couldn't find an answer.

anyone? help a bruva out
Apr 20, 2012 @ 18:08
nice fades guys
Apr 20, 2012 @ 18:22
i have a quick question. i wear a 34 in unbranded tapered fit (tts), what apc should i get for the same fit and how should i size on them? i know this has probably been asked a million times but i went back about 20 pages and couldn't find an answer.

anyone? help a bruva out

So you're size 34 then right? So I think you should size down 3 on NS and 2 on PS from what DJosey said. Dunno bout the other styles. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So 31 for NS, 32 for PS
Apr 21, 2012 @ 23:39
^^appreciate it!
Apr 23, 2012 @ 13:51

14 months. 29 tagged. 34 measured
Cold hand wash @ 8 months.
Cold machine wash @ 13 months. removed before spin cycle.

Absolutely love these jeans. Have cycled, partied, worked, played, dined, traveled, you name it. Second skin.
Apr 23, 2012 @ 18:16

14 months. 29 tagged. 34 measured
Cold hand wash @ 8 months.
Cold machine wash @ 13 months. removed before spin cycle.

Absolutely love these jeans. Have cycled, partied, worked, played, dined, traveled, you name it. Second skin.

looks awesome! how did you do your cold wash? and what was temperature for machine wash?
Apr 23, 2012 @ 18:25
likephenomenon info on model and sizing plz..
Apr 23, 2012 @ 20:30
Had my APCs for bout 2 1/2 years and its got about 3 machine washes in it, I had a stain on it from some syrup once and i got some water and some dishwashing liquid and rubbed it off and the indigo came off with it. Anyone thinks Is it time for a ocean wash now, or should I just wash it in the machine again?
Apr 23, 2012 @ 20:51
looks awesome! how did you do your cold wash? and what was temperature for machine wash?

hand wash i filled up the tub about six inches, stirred in like 1/4 cup of detergent and soaked em an hour then rubbed em all together to loosen up the fabric in the water. machine was a speed queen at the laundromat.. plain old cold water and some detergent. washed em with a bunch of dress clothes gentle cycle. hang dry both times.
they're very soft now, but shaped like me blushing

wash it in the machine again

why not?
Please login first to reply.