The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

November 04, 2011 @ 02:07:33
Any down sides to soaking these NS after a 6 weeks of wear (everyday)?
November 04, 2011 @ 02:13:05
(Invalid img)

apc ps tts day 11
November 04, 2011 @ 21:46:36
is anyone trying to get a ns size 25? why did i get 25? idk, 29 was loose as fuck so i decided why not and bought one online thats 25x27. yes im short too. words dont phaze me

How much?

looking for 120 shipped obo, will post in the maketplace when i find my camera
November 05, 2011 @ 01:31:02
I bought a pair of size 26 PS and hate them. They are way to tight and the leg opening is way to small. I brought them to a pretty good tailor in DC asked her to work her magic and do what ever she can to let them out as much as possible and to try to make them as least tapered as possible. She ended up using the extra material in the selvedge line to let them out. They fit perfect now, except I'd still like the leg opening to be 1/4-1/2" bigger, but thats not that huge of a deal. Some of my friends have told me I'm an idiot for messing with the selvedge line, but I'd rather it be a smaller selvedge line and it nicer, then have a nicer line with a worse fit. Here is a picture of the new selvedge line and let me know what you all think.

November 05, 2011 @ 01:46:23
I bought a pair of size 26 PS and hate them. They are way to tight and the leg opening is way to small. I brought them to a pretty good tailor in DC asked her to work her magic and do what ever she can to let them out as much as possible and to try to make them as least tapered as possible. She ended up using the extra material in the selvedge line to let them out. They fit perfect now, except I'd still like the leg opening to be 1/4-1/2" bigger, but thats not that huge of a deal. Some of my friends have told me I'm an idiot for messing with the selvedge line, but I'd rather it be a smaller selvedge line and it nicer, then have a nicer line with a worse fit. Here is a picture of the new selvedge line and let me know what you all think.

That looks tacky, should of had her taper it from the inside seam.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

November 05, 2011 @ 02:26:18

She ended up using the extra material in the selvedge line to let them out

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

November 05, 2011 @ 02:30:40

She ended up using the extra material in the selvedge line to let them out

Oops, read that wrong.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

November 05, 2011 @ 02:32:28
it does look kinda tacky.. but i did rather choose the better fit.

November 05, 2011 @ 03:29:31
didnt even think theyd be able to do that but if the fit is better who cares man. i personally wouldnt cuff them though with the "new" selvedge line you have
November 05, 2011 @ 05:17:41
didnt even think theyd be able to do that but if the fit is better who cares man. i personally wouldnt cuff them though with the "new" selvedge line you have

Agreed. I also had her take off about an inch so I can have a slight break in them without real stacks.
November 05, 2011 @ 15:56:01
Fit pictures:

Before the tailoring:

After the tailoring:
November 05, 2011 @ 21:09:15
do they stretch out perfectly up 2 sizes? or a little bit over like 2.25?
November 05, 2011 @ 21:41:19
store in soho is looking legit. they just got some new stuff in.
November 05, 2011 @ 22:27:14
you should sag them alittle^^

November 06, 2011 @ 00:49:51
fit is noticeably better. hopefully they dont stretch weird and youve got yourself a pretty perfect fitting pair of jeans
November 06, 2011 @ 08:34:02
What would look better on me? i'm 130lb pretty skinny with slimmer looking legs. 28-29 PS or 27 NS? I'm a 29 waist not looking for a super tight fit either
November 06, 2011 @ 16:20:21
What would look better on me? i'm 130lb pretty skinny with slimmer looking legs. 28-29 PS or 27 NS? I'm a 29 waist not looking for a super tight fit either

28 NS. When I was trying to figure out what to do with my PS (since I sized wrong) I called the APC store in Soho and they told me they suggest sizing down ONE (1) and sizing down anymore then one is a mistake. I know people on here like to size down between 2 and 4 but thats for a really tight fit.

OP, I'd suggest getting a size 28 NS if you want a slim but not tight fit. I regret not getting NS sized down 1.
November 06, 2011 @ 19:28:49
Get a 29 ps, I stayed Tts for my ps and fit is piff
November 06, 2011 @ 21:29:03

stick to the NS
your slim legs will look like twigs in the ps.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

November 06, 2011 @ 21:29:42

stick to the NS, sized down 2.
your slim legs will look like twigs in the ps

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

November 08, 2011 @ 02:33:10
Ok i got my Ps size 33 in the mail today and took them to my tailor right after trying them on......he measured them and they had a inseam of 36! so we hemmed them and they are still slightly big but i want to tapper them and go form there because they are slightly to baggy for me ln the legs but m question is this when you guys get your jeans tailored is this what they look like on the inside?

its like they doubled the denim line?

these are my gap raws btw
November 08, 2011 @ 12:18:17
yea, that's what they would look like unless you tell them to tapper from the inside. Not sure if it would cost more but I would assume it would.
November 08, 2011 @ 19:42:28

Inactive User

If I'm a true waist 29-30 ish, would I be able to fit into size 27 New Cures?
November 09, 2011 @ 03:12:22
^^ You should be alright.
November 09, 2011 @ 03:23:51
i bought a pair of size 31 NS at the beginning of the year and they never really fit me right, so anyone is looking for a pair I'm selling mine for $125 shipped.
never washed if you want pics or have questions email me at eric911ulloa@yahoo.com
November 09, 2011 @ 04:54:26
How much does ps stretch theres a size 29 i can fit a 29 in nudies but it will tight on my waist until it looses so should i go wit the 29 also i dnt want a super tight fit i normally wear size 31
November 09, 2011 @ 05:33:28
Whats the best way to shrink APC? My New Standards stretched out about 2-3 inches
November 09, 2011 @ 05:41:14
i hot soaked my apc for about 45mins, they shrunk quite a bit.

November 09, 2011 @ 07:55:27
Does anyone know where the taper begins on the PS or NC? I got kinda big calves so if it starts tapering from the knee, its gon make my legs look real big. I heard one of them starts taper at around the ankle area? Can anyone confirm? Im 135lbs, 5'7" trying to decide between PS or NC sz 28 or 29
November 09, 2011 @ 20:00:19
Iamsimon. Any type of detergent, etc? I've worn these for about 2 years, no wash. Also, how much does the jean fade after a soak typically?
Please login first to reply.
x