Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 5, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
kng_vln

Looking to get a pair of NS's. If I size down one what kind of fit am I going to get? I think two might be too much for me considering I don't want too tight of a fit. Thanks.
August 5, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
LMAOden

So I'm planning to get my first pair of APC's online haha.

I was just wondering where should I measure myself before I buy it online?

And if I'm getting New Cures, how tight wold it be? Cause I'd like it to fit like Levi skinnies kinda haha, not super tight. I want it to look like this haha cdn4.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/92180_DSC_0003.jpg?1227508090
lookbook.nu/look/22976-SHAQ-Dieseling
how much should I size down?

Thanks for help HB fam cool
August 6, 2011 @ 12:04 PM
Scotty

^ U measure your waist and Size down 1, could have looked through this thread and found the answer...

Looking to get a pair of NS's. If I size down one what kind of fit am I going to get? I think two might be too much for me considering I don't want too tight of a fit. Thanks.

Size down 1 will fit slim and alittle loose after they stretch... Down 2 wont give u a tight fit it will give u a good slim fit..
August 6, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
LMAOden

^ U measure your waist and Size down 1, could have looked through this thread and found the answer...

Size down 1 will fit slim and alittle loose after they stretch... Down 2 wont give u a tight fit it will give u a good slim fit..

Sorry was just making sure, I'm a noob haha. cool

So I should size down 1 instead of 2 so it'd look like that on the top?

And I questioned about the waist measurement because people are like make sure you measure your true waist size and shit lol.
August 6, 2011 @ 04:47 PM
TALIBAN

Sorry was just making sure, I'm a noob haha. cool

So I should size down 1 instead of 2 so it'd look like that on the top?

And I questioned about the waist measurement because people are like make sure you measure your true waist size and shit lol.

Well if you're thinking of getting New Cures don't size down 2 or else your nuts wont be able to breathe for a while. size down 1 would be coo
August 6, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
Snapples

APC PS tagged 29
3-4 months of on/off wear no washes no soaks.

Got some slight honeycombing but no whiskers yet =/.
August 7, 2011 @ 06:46 AM
3hunna

Okay, so i went through 50+ pages of this thread and i know there are the same questions on every page about sizing and stuff but... Everyone says size down 2 on NS, so lets say my true waist size is 32, i size down to 30 but they are already 32 when u get them plus they stretch ~2 inch so I end up with 34 confused Someone explain this please...

EDIT: nvm i found this post, quoting it again for those who size down the wrong way

dunks, if your waist is a 30 and you wanna size down 3 for new cures, you would need a tagged size 25 (which has a 27 waist). if you want new standards, you would again get a 25 (27 waist).

when people say size down, it literally means sizing down from your actual waist size. so if your waist is 30, and someone tells you to size down two, find the tagged size that corresponds to a 28 waist.

a tagged size by itself is useless unless the specific brand and style of denim is known. each company has a different way of "tagging" sizes.

now, when people talk about "size XX" of whatever denim, they are ALWAYS talking about tagged sizes unless they are dumbasses.

always check sizing charts for the denim that youre gonna buy to make sure you didnt fuck up. look here:

www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29

a 26 would have a 28 waist (+2), while a 33 would have a 34 waist (+1). its not consistent at all, so you have to make sure.

you guys need to stop mixing up all this shit. fuck.

So how much do they really stretch, 1-2" ?
August 7, 2011 @ 01:17 PM
Scotty

^ Stretching is best on what u do in them.. If u are more active in them they will stretch out more than if u just chill in them everyday.. they can go from .5 to 2 inches, it all depends.. Also when u are sizing down u arent sizing by the actual inch measurement u are sizing down on the apc tag because its vanity sized.. I made a post awhile back and it was re quoted for people see... Here:

Just so everyone knows when they are talking about sizing down on APC or other vanity sized denim, it has nothing to do with the stretching of the denim unless u are talking about sizing after the stretch.. People make this mistake, when they are thinking about the sized down part.. When they mean size down they are actually just talking about to get to your true waist size.. So sizing down 1 on NC's, means u size down 1 on the TAG size of APC to get to get to your true waist size because of the vanity.. So if u are, say 32 TRUE WAIST then u buy a 31 APC tag cause thats an actual 32 inch waist.. Which will actually stretch to a 33 waist if u want to wear a belt and have the thighs a bit looser but if u want to have the look of an actual 32 after the stretch then u size down another size to a 30.. Same goes with PS and NS but the vanity size is actually 2 sizes down.. Which most people wont size down another size on PS cause of the tapered leg but some will size down another size for NS's to make them slimmer...

For me i like to size down 1 on NC to bring to my TTS waist and have it stretch for a bit looser waist and thighs.. Thats only because i have slightly bigger thighs but dont really like the tapered leg of a PS..

So here is a chart u can follow

NC down 1 = True waist size, Down 2 = 1 inch smaller than true waist size

PS down 2 = true waist, Down 3 = 1 inch smaller(dont advice to do this)

NS down 2 = True waist, down 3 = inch smaller than true waist(give u a slimmer look)
August 7, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
ksj

Great post Scotty^.

I went down two sizes for my NS.

After a month in, I sometimes think that going down one size would of been better for me.

Hopefully my thigh area will stretch out more.
August 9, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
GETwet

good shit thank you scotty
August 9, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
LMAOden

Yo where else sells APC NC's? I can't find any since the APC site is updating cool
August 9, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
Technique

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

August 10, 2011 @ 12:13 AM
LMAOden

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=A.P.C.%20Denim

Thanks bro! So my waist size is 29. And right here www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29
it says tag size 26 waist 28 since I'm sizing down 1 ima get a waist 28

So I should be getting the tag size 26 right?

I just want to make sure, don't want to fuck up haha cool

Fuck I just noticed they don't have my tag size, any other sites?

How does barneys do it? It doesn't even say if it's by waist size www.barneys.com/New-Cure/501126146,default,pd.html
August 10, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
lstplcwnr

since march 20 2010, first wash was in may

apc ns sized down two
colour is accurate
August 10, 2011 @ 10:50 AM
ksj

Thanks bro! So my waist size is 29. And right here www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29

How does barneys do it? It doesn't even say if it's by waist size www.barneys.com/New-Cure/501126146,default,pd.html

needsupply.com/mens/brands/a-p-c/raw-new-cure-jean-9.html

They have sizes 25-33 in stock.
August 10, 2011 @ 11:14 AM
trevxv3

no, you size down two from your tagged waist. something that measures the exact same waist that you are now will be skin tight. if its a size down, you wont be able to button it at all, even after stretching.

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

August 10, 2011 @ 12:27 PM
Scotty

No you would get a sz. 27 not 26.. Unless u want them to be tighter after they stretch, get a 26? If u want to be alittle loose then get a 27.. I recommend getting the 27 though, cause 26 is going to be very tight!

Also barneys goes by APC tag size...
August 10, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
LMAOden

No you would get a sz. 27 not 26.. Unless u want them to be tighter after they stretch, get a 26? If u want to be alittle loose then get a 27.. I recommend getting the 27 though, cause 26 is going to be very tight!

Also barneys goes by APC tag size...

A tagged size 27?

Cause my waist size is 29.

And since you told me to size down one from your waist. I should get a waist size of 28?

So a TAGGED size 26's waist is a waist size 28?

Or I shouldn't be sizing down at all?

Well that's what it says on the measuring chart on contextclothing.

Sorry for making it confusing, I just don't want to fuck up my order haha.
August 10, 2011 @ 01:21 PM
Scotty

^ I never said size down on waist... If u have read, u size down on APC TAG size but with NC;s lower sizes u have to go down 2 which is a tag 27.. And yes that is a true waist of a 29, so they will be tight which then they will stretch to a good fit..

People have to understand this, when u go buy another pair of pants do u buy your true waist size? Most likely not because the waist is alittle tight, so normally you buy a size up to make them have alittle room.. This is like the stretching process of apc.. You size down on apc tag to get to your true waist but the stretch will make a bit looser for a better fit!
August 10, 2011 @ 01:32 PM
LMAOden

^ I never said size down on waist... If u have read, u size down on APC TAG size but with NC;s lower sizes u have to go down 2 which is a tag 27.. And yes that is a true waist of a 29, so they will be tight which then they will stretch to a good fit..

People have to understand this, when u go buy another pair of pants do u buy your true waist size? Most likely not because the waist is alittle tight, so normally you buy a size up to make them have alittle room.. This is like the stretching process of apc.. You size down on apc tag to get to your true waist but the stretch will make a bit looser for a better fit!

Alright thanks bro, I learned a couple things from you haha.

So Ima get a tagged size 27. Since my waist is 29.

I don't want my pants to be hella tight. I wanna em a little loose.

Thanks bro, gonna order tonight!
August 10, 2011 @ 04:50 PM
jingerBread

Alright thanks bro, I learned a couple things from you haha.

So Ima get a tagged size 27. Since my waist is 29.

I don't want my pants to be hella tight. I wanna em a little loose.

Thanks bro, gonna order tonight!

If they are too tight then just exchange them; I've done it many times.

When you get them you should just barely be able to button the top button for a little more loose fit or not be able to button the top button at all for a very skinny fit. They will stretch 1/2 an inch to 1 1/2 an inch based on wear, cut, sizing, etc..

GL
August 10, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
plantaXmagica

those apcs look nice.. but they look baggy as f**k lol
August 10, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
Franchise717

Yo where else sells APC NC's? I can't find any since the APC site is updating cool

context does, so does endclothing
August 10, 2011 @ 11:27 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Context clothing is straight up coolcoolcoolcool

Bought my APC's from them a year ago
August 11, 2011 @ 12:37 AM
DietDrKrunk

Had my new cures for a year now smile
August 11, 2011 @ 11:19 AM
traCk.

i skim this thread every once and while and i can not believe how difficult some of you guys make it on yourselves to buy a pair of fucking jeans. learning how to size down isnt calculus

in other news....will be posting pics of my new standards at 3 years of wear later
August 12, 2011 @ 11:38 AM
nikesbunks

Is there such a thing as like a rep code or something for contexclothing to like get a discount? Ty

Btw if I want to buy the japan blue by momotaro on cc what fit of apcs do they fit most like? Cuz I has size 29 PS and I want something that fits like that so what size should I get?
August 12, 2011 @ 11:59 AM
mission.jako

looking for some used new standards size 27. get at me.
August 13, 2011 @ 04:49 PM
busy_tom

anyone helps with sizing please?

this thread is getting poured, i cant find those old size guide -_-

yea im thinking of buying a pair of blk PS, wonder how much should i sized down? and indigo?

hmmm. which is more skinny, PS or NC?

thanks!!!!
August 13, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
butters

anyone helps with sizing please?

this thread is getting poured, i cant find those old size guide -_-

yea im thinking of buying a pair of blk PS, wonder how much should i sized down? and indigo?

hmmm. which is more skinny, PS or NC?

thanks!!!!

Size down 1-2 maybe 3, depending on the fit you want.
Hard to say which is more skinny, depends on how you size really. I'd say the NC has a skinnier leg though

PS is is like the NS but with a shorter rise and slimmer leg. It tapers all the way down and has a smaller leg opening.
The NC is tighter up top with a very narrow leg and it flares out slightly on the bottom.

The PS compared to the NC has a lower rise, a lower thigh, hip and upper block, but has a much more obvious taper while the NC has a slight flare near the hem.

PS:
NC:

Photos found at Stel's and BOTH models are wearing size 30.

Please login first to reply.