Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 24, 2011 @ 03:16 PM
thenorthside

i just started wearing my new cures again (3 years, 5 soaks, 2 washes), tagged 28 (but my true waist is 29, bought em way before i knew anything about the vanity sizing and such)....i don't know why i stopped wearing them.
the legs are a little too skinny for my liking now.
i saw dude post up his new standards, i think he went down 3.

does anybody know if i size down 2-3 on the new standards (so we're looking at tagged 25-26) if i'll still have a slim-straight fit? i know that ps's have that slim straight cut already but im thinking the calves are going to be too slim. i'm looking for straight all the way down, but slim. i'm just afraid that if i cop the 26 ns, the leg might still be too loose.
insight?

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

April 24, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
Gotkickz?

Do APCs run big or small?
April 24, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
failftw

Do APCs run big or small?

Go ask the person nearest to you to slap the stupid out of you.

www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=A.P.C.+Denim
April 24, 2011 @ 11:10 PM
bapa

how much is apc including NY tax?

thinking of copping one this summer

189 something including tax.
April 25, 2011 @ 01:11 AM
MF CHEUNG

i just started wearing my new cures again (3 years, 5 soaks, 2 washes), tagged 28 (but my true waist is 29, bought em way before i knew anything about the vanity sizing and such)....i don't know why i stopped wearing them.

does anybody know if i size down 2-3 on the new standards (so we're looking at tagged 25-26) if i'll still have a slim-straight fit? i know that ps's have that slim straight cut already but im thinking the calves are going to be too slim. i'm looking for straight all the way down, but slim. i'm just afraid that if i cop the 26 ns, the leg might still be too loose.
insight?

Yeah I think you'd be fine. I think you're referring to Ryan's NS down 3.
April 25, 2011 @ 07:46 PM
skillzboy4

insight?

sizing down 3 on the NS won't give you such a skinny leg, it's more straight leg if you ask me. the overall fit is a good definition of slim-straight so I recommend going down 3.
April 25, 2011 @ 09:05 PM
Scotty

So i dropped 2" off my waist and my NC's are now to big n loose.. Wore for over a year not everyday but wore a pretty good amount.. Not sure what to do with them now but i washed em this morning an they just finished drying outside.. Here they are:

April 26, 2011 @ 12:36 AM
MVP-

So i dropped 2" off my waist and my NC's are now to big n loose.. Wore for over a year not everyday but wore a pretty good amount.. Not sure what to do with them now but i washed em this morning an they just finished drying outside.. Here they are:

these are cool

i'm approaching a year in mine and i barely got any fades razz but i don't do much in em and i'm not consistent with the wear.. also i got a tagged 29 NC even though for most pants i wear 29-30 and i don't regret it one bit. i could barely button em when i first got em and i could barely moves but now they're madd comfy. that's why i don't get why people swear you have to size down minimum 2.
April 26, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
thenorthside

sizing down 3 on the NS won't give you such a skinny leg, it's more straight leg if you ask me. the overall fit is a good definition of slim-straight so I recommend going down 3.

yeah that's exactly what i want. a slim straight fit, and ryanfbaby's fit is exactly how i want it, thanks mr.mikecheung

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

April 26, 2011 @ 10:42 AM
bapa

leg twist, in the same leg again. how the fuck do you prevent this?
April 26, 2011 @ 11:07 PM
Scotty

^ Mostly likely its cause you do everything the same(sit, walk, etc)...

Also my nc's shrunk up quite a bit after the hot wash and leaving in the sun all day.. Prolly get another month out of em before they get back to where they were and i lose another inch or so.. Then call it day on em, plus it will be summer and i rarely wore em last summer!
April 27, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
stewiegriffin

It's wiser to buy a size down PS/NC
rather than size down too much on NS for slimmer fit
don't it?
April 27, 2011 @ 08:02 AM
ekziled

NC since nov 2009

April 27, 2011 @ 01:11 PM
failftw

NC since nov 2009

^ Cleanup on aisle 3 cool
April 27, 2011 @ 01:48 PM
Scotty

It's wiser to buy a size down PS/NC
rather than size down too much on NS for slimmer fit
don't it?

No cause the measurements on them are still different.. And it depends on how slim u want em? Most people when they say slim they want em tad looser than NC's cause NC usually give u a more skinnier look..
April 27, 2011 @ 03:02 PM
TagPopnQua

Thanks guys, for the responses.
April 27, 2011 @ 06:02 PM
MF CHEUNG

yeah that's exactly what i want. a slim straight fit, and ryanfbaby's fit is exactly how i want it, thanks mr.mikecheung

Np Aaron lol.
April 27, 2011 @ 06:09 PM
yoon

im looking at something near uniqlo t-000 fit

NS or PS?

www.ronindivision.com

April 27, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
MF CHEUNG

I'd say PS cause of the taper. It's either NC or PS imo is the closest to the T-000's.
April 27, 2011 @ 07:43 PM
PlatinumRespect

is it worth it to get a pair of APC's if you don't wear jeans every day? like, say you wear jeans once a week.

also, do they look wierd when you first get them and have no creases or wear in them?
April 27, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
failftw

is it worth it to get a pair of APC's if you don't wear jeans every day? like, say you wear jeans once a week.

also, do they look wierd when you first get them and have no creases or wear in them?

As someone who has only owned one pair of raw denim jeans, and wears them every single day and walks a shit ton in them... They are stiff as fuck and almost shiny when they're new. I've had mine just about two months and they are starting to look better now. Got a wallet fade going, got some whiskers and some honeycomb fades as well. There are people who like the look of a crispy pair of raw denim jeans, but, if you're gonna drop $175+ for apc's man, either save your money or look elsewhere. The aim is to break them the fuck in and abuse them so that they get character. Well, in my opinion at least.
Don't know if this helps, but what the hell.
April 27, 2011 @ 08:38 PM
PlatinumRespect

nice man, thanks for that. can anyone else add their opinions on this matter please?
April 27, 2011 @ 08:46 PM
Scotty

Seriously why would u spend almost $200 on a pair of raw denim when u are only going to wear em 1 day of the week? If u like how raw looks buy a pair of unbranded UO, Uniqlo, or even levi.. There is no point in buying a pair of apc's if u are just going to wear em for 1 day a week.. Now if u were going to buy a pair of denim with a wash for high price, i would say ok but not raw, there is no point for 200...
April 27, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
jozsef_csanyi

They'd probably last a good while if you wore them that infrequently. So if you don't want to cycle through a lot of denim that would be a plus.
April 27, 2011 @ 11:32 PM
DE LUCKS

a.p.c. on urbanoutfitters now.
April 28, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
Tonyreyes

a.p.c. on urbanoutfitters now.

-____-

fuck urban.
April 28, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
lstplcwnr

Can someone confirm that?

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

April 28, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
April 28, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
hooperr

nice man, thanks for that. can anyone else add their opinions on this matter please?

I can't go back to wearing my shitty bullhead and vans jeans once I bought a pair of raws. My old stuff just feels so foreign now. Even if you don't wear them often they're still a very nice quality pair of jeans that you'll enjoy wearing no matter how often you get the chance.
April 28, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
thenorthside

No cause the measurements on them are still different.. And it depends on how slim u want em? Most people when they say slim they want em tad looser than NC's cause NC usually give u a more skinnier look..

qft. this is why i'm looking to get those ns

Please login first to reply.