Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 30, 2007 @ 04:44 PM

Inactive

ok, since i never made the FAQ this is how im gonna do this.

People with genuine knowledge, post or paste the processes of taking care of your jeans, from soak to 4years of fading. I will take what is posted and edit this top thread till it is comprehensive enough and eventually everything will be compiled into a faq. i just dont have time to do it all myself. so post shit here.

btw i know there are slightly different processes for different types of denim, so say so if it is for a specific type.
May 1, 2007 @ 09:08 AM
CHEEP

if your jeans will shrink, soak them in hot water for a few hours, then hang to dry. if they wont shrink, dont worry about the soak.

wear them, alot.

when they get dirty, wash them.

always hang dry.

theyre just jeans.
May 4, 2007 @ 03:56 PM
dlingrv

u could soak them inside out to minimize fading for a certain period of time and then wear them normally
May 10, 2007 @ 02:29 AM
I H8 Pretzels

when you soak, theres no need to flip em inside out, but definitely do so when you wash in the machine

the reason people flip em is because the abrasion from the tumble or spin or w/e in the wash will loosen up more indigo, hence why u dont need to when soaking since there is no motion
May 18, 2007 @ 07:57 PM
CASHVILLE.931

i just got some Armani Exchange selvage.
wondering wat i should do fort wear them right away or saok them first.confused
August 6, 2007 @ 04:47 AM
adrian

i just got some Armani Exchange selvage.
wondering wat i should do fort wear them right away or saok them first.confused

If they're raw, then give them a soak first. Hot soak for more shrinkage, and cold soak for less shrinkage. It doesn't really matter though, you can wear them raw if you'd like.

do nudie slim jims bleed alot?

Nudie Slim Jims will bleed, but it won't be too bad... Just avoid wearing white sneakers if you're scared of your jeans bleeding on them. Giving them a soak before you wear them should help lessen the bleeding.
August 11, 2007 @ 02:13 PM
OneEyeWilly

so i got a couple of levis that i had for a while. not raw or selvedge or anything just regular. i lost alot of weight but dont want to throw them out. is there any way i could shrink them?
August 13, 2007 @ 11:22 PM
MrSickVisionz

^

You're shit out of luck. Everyone wants to get in shape, but nobody tells you that all the old clothes you spent hella money on basically are gonna be going to the goodwill or be moth fodder.
August 28, 2007 @ 04:21 PM
vadikk

yeah please help me , i got my evisu's , i want them to shrink a lil bit but not to lose the deep indigo color.....
September 3, 2007 @ 10:48 PM
adrian

^^

Give your Evisu's a warm soak for 2 hours (don't agitate them), and you shouldn't lose that much indigo.
September 10, 2007 @ 10:56 PM
Joe_

how do u shrink just regular denim?? thats not new
September 12, 2007 @ 10:37 AM
redquilang

how do u shrink just regular denim?? thats not new

only way to shrink denim is either wash/dry, or have them altered.
September 12, 2007 @ 05:50 PM
mrsneakerpimp

^^

Give your Evisu's a warm soak for 2 hours (don't agitate them), and you shouldn't lose that much indigo.

should that go the same for diors?? and should i put it inside out?
September 15, 2007 @ 07:35 PM
birdyman18

ok, I need some help. I have a pair of H&M Sliqs. I'm pretty sure they are raw and I have had them for 6 months. Since then they have stretched and they are a little long. I want to get them fresh and smelling good. Besides that I want to shrink them in length and waist. In the 6 months I have only washed/dry inside out the first day I got it and one dry clean. My question is should I soak them or dry clean/alter?

Check out swagsyndicate.com for all your streetwear news needs.

September 17, 2007 @ 02:37 PM

Inactive

Hot wash and hot dry will get want you want.

Don't be afraid, the great sidneylo does it, though the result depends on the quality of the jeans.
September 19, 2007 @ 09:41 AM
Makepeace

I recently picked up two pairs of CM's(cheap mondays) about two weeks ago.I basically have been wearing them every day, am I expecting an unwanted fade soon? And also how should handle the cleaning care,soaking(hand wash) or machine wash?And drying...
Please and thank you

Bless.

September 21, 2007 @ 09:24 AM
Makepeace

thanks jack, I'm going to be wearing them moderately...not really going to skate in them either.So after an approximate 3months they might fade...ok

Bless.

September 21, 2007 @ 06:09 PM
go0seMUFC

Lets say you want to start out with 501. How long should they be worn for before washing?
September 24, 2007 @ 08:35 AM
CHEEP

until they are dirty.
September 26, 2007 @ 11:52 AM
fashionIcon

Wow, you guys don't play around in here when it comes to jeans. I might try some of these tips. I hate that I have to re break-in my jeans every time I wash them.
September 27, 2007 @ 12:44 PM
StealthDaYBE

Wow, you guys don't play around in here when it comes to jeans. I might try some of these tips. I hate that I have to re break-in my jeans every time I wash them.

^Hella CoSign lol i've had these 569 levi's since my senior year in highschool and i grad. in 05 on its o7 and these Sh!ts fit like heaven. But when i wash them its like Damn str8 Nut hugga's lol But the fading in my jean mostly ocured in the thigh area on the jeans right above the knee

Also imma semi-husky guy and i usaul wear 34's in jeans so my question is what series in levi's fit da same
October 9, 2007 @ 11:19 AM
CHEEP

no... no way to stop it. even if you wash them they will bleed onto your shoes.
October 14, 2007 @ 02:26 AM
GSTUDIOS

hey guys

i just got some Levi's 520 Shrink to Fit's (30 x 32-Slouch Skinny)

now, i want them to shrink a little...

1. so would soaking in warm water cause too much shrinkage?

2. also, about how long should i soak them for?

3. will the bleeding indigo cause a stain on a bathtub if i soak them in one?

4. and can i still soak them in a washing mashine? and then have them slightly spin dried (while still in the washing machine), then hung up to dry?

5. and, should i soak them inside out? i saw someone talking about putting them inside out in the washing machine...so should i leave regular in the tub and inside out in the wash?

any more information would be very much appreciated

thanks
October 21, 2007 @ 01:56 AM

Inactive

I got a question about nudie raws. What's the consensus about them.
I don't mind bleeds. I plan to just plain out wear them.

But i would like to know any details or precautions.
October 25, 2007 @ 06:12 PM
Imperial

Yo im shrinking my CMs, how long should i do it? i want to shrink to its maximum.
October 27, 2007 @ 05:28 AM
Tyler Durden

in my exp, soaking would be around 30mins. after that it doesnt really shrink anymore. it will stretch back out obviously in due time. however cheep says that "max shrinkage is couple hours, that or throw em in wash and dryer."
October 28, 2007 @ 02:43 PM
Billman

^ Depending on how tight you want them or already fit, you might want to soak them while wearing them so they don't shrink too much. That's what I'll do when I finally soak my 21cm. Have you worn them yet or are you soaking first?
November 11, 2007 @ 11:21 PM
back211

personally shrinked my jeans for four hours...
in boiling hot water..added some more water every hour...
then air dry... shrunk a good inch and i prefer shrinking it and then wearing it rather that wearing it wet, because i like it really tight for the first couple wears cuz it will stretch then perfectly with your body. Thats what i like,
also if u want to keep the stiffness of your jeans try soaking it but with cold water...
November 17, 2007 @ 06:02 PM
TheCityOfChi

I got a question about nudie raws. What's the consensus about them.
I don't mind bleeds. I plan to just plain out wear them.

But i would like to know any details or precautions.

ive had my nudies about 8 months now and no complaints about them at all and not that much bleeding either
December 4, 2007 @ 12:50 AM
babbuishot

is there anyway to stiffen jeans?

i have a pair of hm jeans, and they gotten really flimsy..

confused

Please login first to reply.