HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 15, 2008 @ 06:35 AM
m4d3lnchln4

I'm plannign to either soak or wash my NS in the next few days. I've been wearing them for 5 months pretty much everyday minus a week. Which would be recommended? I'm feeling like just soaking them for them to return to their original fit and keep wearing them for a few more months. Would washing be better?

edit: I wana also say I have no "handwash" cycle on my washing machine. There is "gentle" if thats the same thing...
July 15, 2008 @ 08:05 AM
MonkeyFresh

lulz why do you soak denim

To rid the denim of factory starch (good to do with any raw denim imho because its better for the health of the denim, and lets it fall on your body more naturally) or if the denim is unsanforized, shrink it to fit its true sz, otherwise after the first wash, your fades will shift and it probably won't match up to your body...

I'm plannign to either soak or wash my NS in the next few days. I've been wearing them for 5 months pretty much everyday minus a week. Which would be recommended? I'm feeling like just soaking them for them to return to their original fit and keep wearing them for a few more months. Would washing be better?

edit: I wana also say I have no "handwash" cycle on my washing machine. There is "gentle" if thats the same thing...

5 months? thats a pretty long while, pics? smile
whatever you feel man just do you, If you wanna soak, go ahead, or wash, thats cool, youd be amazed at how much more contrast the faded areas will reveal, I had a pair of levis b4, wore them 3 months, very stark difference before and after, but dont be afraid of washing, although you can probably wear them out still after a wash, hot soaking will keep more indigo and shrink it down if you wanna push it a few more months for more contrasting fades, both will shrink the denim really

and for the washing machine, dont even worry about something like that, I wouldnt even use that setting i'd use cotton/heavy, denim does fit the description no? but If you wanna use a more gentler setting gentle works lol
July 16, 2008 @ 10:40 AM
m4d3lnchln4

thanks moneyfresh
I'll post before and after pics once I get to it...hopefully later on today. I'm still deciding whether I should hot wash or hot soak though lol. Damn, prob the hardest decision I've had to make for a while haha.
July 16, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
heydeleteme

I'm about to order my A.P.C NS, and I was wondering about a pre-soak. I don't want them to shrink at all or loose any color, I just want to get any excess indigo off them because I don't want it rubbing off on my shirts.

Can someone tell me what I should do?
July 17, 2008 @ 12:15 AM
Technique

soak wont do anything really, the denim will still bleed. I say just live with it

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

July 17, 2008 @ 01:33 AM
heydeleteme

Does it rub off easily? My shirts always rub against my jeans.
July 18, 2008 @ 05:05 PM
Ed.Hooligan

Alright...so my A.P.C. New Cures are more than 7 months old, LOTS of wear on 'em, never pre-soaked or washed them and I plan on doing this very soon cause I'm starting to see little stains here and there and I don't wanna be funky...How do I go about doing this?

...I've heard everything from hot soak in a tub w/ Woolite Blacks to preserve their darkness and shrink em, to hand wash 'em, to throw them in a washer...whats my best bet? I can care less how dark they are (I mean I'd like em to still be kinda dark), I just want the fading to show the best it possibly can. Help me out y'all

Late

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

July 18, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
Crakaveli

simpleist way...wash them inside out in the washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle. hang dry.
July 18, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
meowmeowmeow

Does it rub off easily? My shirts always rub against my jeans.

It shouldn't rub off easy. Unless you're singing in the the rain and shit. or sweating alot in them. I would worry more about white sneakers+wetness.
July 18, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
heydeleteme

It shouldn't rub off easy. Unless you're singing in the the rain and shit. or sweating alot in them. I would worry more about white sneakers+wetness.

Well, what about if I'm in the club dancing with a chicks who's rubbing her ass all-over my shirt against my jeans.

That's the best I could put it sounding like a douche the least.
July 19, 2008 @ 04:13 PM
Technique

just wear a shirt you dont mind getting dirty and the girl grinding on you will halp with your lap fadez luls

July 19, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
HEIST.

help
im about 2.5 - 3 months in and haven't soaked my denim. (Slim jims)
got them true to size just because it felt better. (to me...don't like it too tight)
should i soak now or wait a couple more months?confusedconfusedconfused
July 19, 2008 @ 06:59 PM
Technique

only soak if the waist feels to big but otherwise your good better to wait out for another 3 months and then wash

July 19, 2008 @ 11:56 PM
heydeleteme

just wear a shirt you dont mind getting dirty and the girl grinding on you will halp with your lap fadez luls

You can't go to the club wearing a shirt you don't mind getting dirty.

I want to wear my Diamond x Raekwon shirt.. White/Tiff cool
July 19, 2008 @ 11:59 PM

Inactive

is it worth it to soak these apc ns? im about 2.5 months in and have a lot of stretching (szd down 2)...my initial plan was a year before a wash/soak

July 20, 2008 @ 12:35 AM
HEIST.

only soak if the waist feels to big but otherwise your good better to wait out for another 3 months and then wash

so should i soak in warm water to get a better shrink fit?
July 20, 2008 @ 12:43 AM
Technique

well if they feel loose got for a warm to hot soak for at least an hour

July 30, 2008 @ 11:12 AM
ericd1

ive read through these threads abit and im still noob status...

I got some nudies that ive worn alot and machine washed a few times...
the places where they are extra worn/fades are blue and i want to make that lighter by washing somehow........ What should I do??

and also they are pretty soft now...

Cold soak?????? also i heard about adding salt or some shit........

help?
July 30, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
Technique

Well you didnt inform us with much but by the means of what you said it seems like you washed it out pretty good, by now it might barely fade, cold soak wont do much either, i would just wear it out since neither wash nor soak does anything

July 31, 2008 @ 12:35 AM
Fridgerator

So I'm receiving my NC APC's really soon, and I want just a little fade on them. In fact, I actually like the color it comes in and would like to try to retain most of it. I also don't like pocket fades.. but I have stuff in my pockets a lot of the time, so is there a way to "set" the color into the jeans so it doesn't create a pocket fades? Thanks for the help!
July 31, 2008 @ 07:51 AM
MonkeyFresh

is it worth it to soak these apc ns? im about 2.5 months in and have a lot of stretching (szd down 2)...my initial plan was a year before a wash/soak

imo an initial soak is a good thing, gets some shrinkage done, and rids the jeans of factory starch to prolong life and lets it fall better on your body, so I'd say go for it, water doesnt hurt the denim and soaks give you minimal indigo loss, you'll barely notice it so yea, but APC's are sanforized so if you really wanna go through it then go for it

ive read through these threads abit and im still noob status...

I got some nudies that ive worn alot and machine washed a few times...
the places where they are extra worn/fades are blue and i want to make that lighter by washing somehow........ What should I do??

and also they are pretty soft now...

Cold soak?????? also i heard about adding salt or some shit........

help?

Nudies are not known for their indigo retention so if you could be more specific about how many times you washed that would be cool, but yea imo you shoulnt have washed them if your goal was to achieve contrasting fades... nudies has indeed helped with the stigma of "you can't wash your raw denim for X amount of months or else it won't fade..." this is ofcourse false, but it really all depends on the type of denim used.. in general European denim (Nudies, APC, Cheap Monday, Dior, etc.) are known for great cuts, very slim, feel great to wear, but the denim used doesn't retain indigo as well as Japanese denim (Samurai, Skull, Sugarcane, etc) whose cuts (although there are lots of models from said brands with very slim cuts keep in mind) are usually repros of older lee, wrangler, and levis jeans that have been used throughout american history.If you want to know why the indigo retention varies from denim to denim just lurk sufu and check the stickies and such, theres loads of great and interesting info smile
i just realized i didnt very well answer your question in my rant, but if you really want to make certain places in the jeans lighters that are already faded... just wear the jeans out more... or unless you want to distress by hand but yea, washing only helps with contrast if the jeans have been given a good amount of wear

So I'm receiving my NC APC's really soon, and I want just a little fade on them. In fact, I actually like the color it comes in and would like to try to retain most of it. I also don't like pocket fades.. but I have stuff in my pockets a lot of the time, so is there a way to "set" the color into the jeans so it doesn't create a pocket fades? Thanks for the help!

I don't think thats possible, anything you wear will eventually fade, so if you really dont want pocket fades u really cant put anything in your pockets, sorry man that how it goes, the only option i can think of is perhaps overdying but thats tricky... you would probably cover up other fades so yea..
August 2, 2008 @ 09:27 AM
ericd1

^thanks man,
ive pretty much given up on my nudies, they are pretty much done razz Got some the hundreds raw denim that ive been wearing
gonna hot soak them soon... maybe ill post some pics

Im going to buy some new denim... might try getting some APC's but i live in sweden so its not so common
August 2, 2008 @ 01:49 PM
blee358

yea i gave up on my pair of slim jims at 4 months. the quality is really not great for that much money
August 2, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
Aceiz2fresh

Dry cleaning FTW
August 4, 2008 @ 01:38 AM
Benny Lava

WTF? Fuck dry cleaning, if your jeans are dirty enough to be washed, wash them.

co sign.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

August 4, 2008 @ 02:01 AM
Aceiz2fresh

U Noobs are MADDDDDDDDD
August 4, 2008 @ 12:21 PM
jack napier

Where's a good place to get some raw denim for repairs?
I got a pair of Thin Finns, a year and a half ago when I didn't know shit all about denim. Needless to say, the crotch is a fucking warzone and it needs to be patched up huge, I might even replace the better part of it all.
August 6, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
Aceiz2fresh

Still angry huh
August 7, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
Aceiz2fresh

pinoy Da Fucc?
Nigggas is angry
August 14, 2008 @ 07:33 PM
Estopa

If I use starch spray, do i have to iron anything or no? And if I just spray it, all I have to do it is just wear them so the creases come?

Please login first to reply.