January 27, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
thoroprod

what is an alternative way to get rid of the smell besides: washing, freezing, and febreeze?

http://thoroprod.org

January 27, 2012 @ 08:25 PM
infiniteme

a little help here..

i washed my APC Rescues twice so far and they haven't shrunk!? wtf??

Sanforized denim, they're not supposed to shrink and if they do, very minimal shrinking.

true. but even sanforized denim shrink at least a little bit. oh well, thanks

IME, sanforized denim doesn't shrink noticeably unless you put it in the dryer after a wash. Even then, it stretches back out fast. For all intents and purposes, I would not count on shrinkage in sanforized denim, except for a little bit in length.

what is an alternative way to get rid of the smell besides: washing, freezing, and febreeze?

Some people have said that hanging up your jeans in sunlight can help. Never tried it myself yet, though.
January 27, 2012 @ 10:31 PM
Midnite

Sunlight does help, I hang dry my clothes in the sun and it has a very natural outdoorsy smell to it.
February 12, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
kangbang

I've been wearing my NF Broken Twills for about 4ish months almost everyday. These jeans are my first pair of slevedge denim. I would like to get them to shrink a little bit. How would I do this? What do soaks do? How do you do a proper soak?
February 13, 2012 @ 06:50 AM
Cybrax2

I have a N&G WG Dark Indigo.

Its been 6 months and it has little fading even tho i wear it almost everyday to school and what not.

Does washing it allow fades to occur faster?

How else can I make it fade quicker?
March 12, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
BitchMob

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/03/should-raw-denim-jeans-be-starched/

So im planning on starching my jeans but im worried about if ironing the jeans becuase wont it mess up the honeycombs and everything? Or do you think it will be okay if I not iron it at all?
March 12, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

They're sanforized so they wont shrink much. At least I'm 99% sure they're sanforized.

How loose are they? Maybe you just too skinny? I don't know much about Nudies but like other raws I'm sure you're suppose to size down...did you? Post pic
March 13, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
Radio

went to a bar this weekend, and some retard spilled a whole glass of beer on my denim. They are really smelly from beer, but they're only like 2 months in, so i dont want to wash em.
Tried throwing em in the freezer, and had them hang outside for a day. none of it made the smell dissappear.

Do i have to soak em, or can i get rid of the smell in some way, without getting em wet?
April 1, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
zyezye

anyone tried denimtherepy/denimsurgeon? how much was the quote from a serious blowout and reinforcement?
my 24oz blew out on me
April 6, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
Dunes

i know this question has probably been asked before, but is there any way to fix small fraying on jeans? my APCs are fraying on the seams (i think it came from biking in them) and it's been bothering me. i was thinking about using a small scissor to cut the fraying strings off or maybe using a match to melt them down...

buy my stuff: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208108

April 9, 2012 @ 09:49 AM
1.pv

can someone please clarify the difference between a hot or a cold soak? I don't want my nudies to shrink, they're about 6 months of wear and I'm thinking of doing a cold soak. will this add a little contrast to them?
May 1, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
mike who

I've had a pair of Unbrandeds for around six months now and want the legs to shrink in length as much as possible so I can get them hemmed. I'm not ready for a complete wash but if I soak them in warm water (no detergent) in the tub and hang them to dry will they shrink and how much fading (if any) will occur?

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times so I'll appreciate any response.
May 17, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
xkimsta

I have a pair of Levi's selvedge denim... they need to be washed... should i just take them to the dry cleaners? The fit is perfect and I dont want them to shrink at all...
May 17, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
xkimsta

I have a pair of Levi's selvedge denim... they need to be washed... should i just take them to the dry cleaners? The fit is perfect and I dont want them to shrink at all...
May 18, 2012 @ 06:56 AM
jajabinks

hi guys ,

bought a pair of apc ps not long ago but yesterday , i noticed that the stitching on the outer seam ( selvedge side ) seems to be getting loose , i can see some of the white thread , is this norm ?

i am thinking of pouring a bit of hot water along the outerseam to make stitching tighten
May 18, 2012 @ 06:59 AM
jajabinks

hi guys ,

bought a pair of apc ps not long ago but yesterday , i noticed that the stitching on the outer seam ( selvedge side ) seems to be getting loose , i can see some of the white thread , is this norm ?

i am thinking of pouring a bit of hot water along the outerseam to make stitching tighten
May 18, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
jbanger

^ should have hot soaked them before you wore them to get the shrinkage out
May 18, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
SHARKlN

I've been wearing my NF Broken Twills for about 4ish months almost everyday. These jeans are my first pair of slevedge denim. I would like to get them to shrink a little bit. How would I do this? What do soaks do? How do you do a proper soak?

I'd just do a cold soak. Maybe some detergent if they're extra dirty. Hang dry.

Problem with this though, if they're sanforized, a soak isn't really going to shrink them much at all. It might tighten up the fibers of the denim, but when you put em back on wear, they'll stretch right back out to about the same size.
May 20, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
jeeenzoo

What's the inseam length for a pair of unbranded skinnies? Also, do they fit like 510s for levis?
May 21, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
bak.

give it a hot soak.
the hotter the water the more shrinkage you'll get, but also the more dye will get lost.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdNrDT3peY

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

May 26, 2012 @ 01:24 PM
pherkan

Have been reading about putting your denim in the fridge to get rid of the smells, myth or real?
And another thing, I've been catched twice or three time by the rain when wearing my denim, does this affect the fading? 4 months of wear and still not very visible fading. Thanks.
May 26, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
Swan

Just got a pair of Gap Premium jeans, the fit is perfect but they are 32/32 and im 32/31, what's the best way going about this, getting them hemmed or could i shrink them?

WTB: Supreme x Thrasher Coach Jacket Medium

May 29, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
doufuu

Have been reading about putting your denim in the fridge to get rid of the smells, myth or real?
And another thing, I've been catched twice or three time by the rain when wearing my denim, does this affect the fading? 4 months of wear and still not very visible fading. Thanks.

myth

Just got a pair of Gap Premium jeans, the fit is perfect but they are 32/32 and im 32/31, what's the best way going about this, getting them hemmed or could i shrink them?

Hem them. If I remember correctly, gap jeans are Sanforized. Shrinking will be very minimal if you soak them.
June 4, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
UndefeatedJK

After ocean soaks, even after to rinse out with fresh water, do your jeans still smell like salt water? And do they shrink?

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

June 18, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
DangItWinchester

Might be a dumb question but if I leave raw denim that I bought from the mail or where ever else in it's packaging for an extended period of time, will it go on to fade in that form? Reason being was that I bought a pair I liked that was on sale and don't plan to wear it for a while.
June 18, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Those NF wrong shrink much since its sanforized. If your trying to shrink it to change the fit, it won't happen. And if u have written them for a while they will stretch right back out after a soak. There is no such thing as a proper soak. To shrink you want to use hit water and cold water to minimize shrinkage.
June 21, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
Northern Threads

I found this post on how to was raw denim quite useful but still have one question.

I have a pair of Nudie Slim Jim jeans and have wore then for about 7 months now - I think they are due a was but would they bleed and would they shrink? I want them to shrink!
June 24, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
odsteeze

Need some help, posted this in the Naked ad Famous thread but I bought Slim Guys last Wednesday and I've worn them about around 8 times total, I did this thing where I wet my cuffs and completely sealed them where they're at but realized they're still too long and look a little funky. I want to hem them? Is there anything I should know before doing that? And what is chain stitching that everyone keeps talking about?
June 24, 2012 @ 07:38 AM
harryhood

soak them in hot water in you tub for about 20 minutes. the hotter the water the more they will shrink. also the longer the soak the more shrinkage. hotter water also loses more indigo
June 26, 2012 @ 11:37 PM
thoroprod

whats the best way to prevent a crotch rip? i wanna take my nudies to the tailor cause the crotch is showing signs of wear. what can i have her do to reinforce the crotch?

http://thoroprod.org

Please login first to reply.